June 3rd Results Plus BOLA News and 6/24 Matches

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

June 3rd Results Plus BOLA News and 6/24 Matches

Postby SoCalAndy » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:03 pm

Disco Machine and Nemesis over Topgun and Bino Gambino

TJ Perkins over Excalibur

Ronin and Alex Koslov over El Generico and Quicksilver

Scorpio Sky over Kevin Steen

Scott Lost and Chris Bosh over Human Tornado and B-Boy to retain the PWG World Tag Team Championships

Joey Ryan over Frankie Kazarian to retain the PWG World Heavyweight Championship.

Next show matches:
PWG World Heavyweight Championship Match: Joey Ryan defends against Davey Richards

B-Boy vs. Scott Lost. If B-Boy wins, he gets to face Joey Ryan at the 3 Year shows with any stipulation he wants.

And the first BOLA 2006 entrant was announced to be Scorpio Sky.
SoCalAndy
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Pasadena, California

Postby Prophecy » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:09 pm

Well, now we see that the tag team titles won't be defended on the next show.

Glad to see Scorpio Sky as one of the BOLA entrants, I would like to see Scott Lost make it as well.
Prophecy
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:41 pm

Postby sghost » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:18 pm

How was the turnout for the show? What happened to Sabin? Did Super Dragon make an appearance?
sghost
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:24 pm
Location: Monterey Park, Ca.

Postby SoCalAndy » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:29 pm

Crowd was around 200. No reason given about Sabin. There were several Super Dragon refrences(plus a 10 bell salute to him by The Dynasty before the show and Sky almost giving Frankie a curb stomp) during the show, but he wasn't there.
SoCalAndy
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Pasadena, California

Postby head_bump » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:35 am

It doesn't look the greatest card on paper to be fair but how was the show overall? How was the Tag Title Match?
Always and Never!

HSW!!
head_bump
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:05 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Postby Shellshock » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:04 am

Did Arrogance & Ryan win clean or via interference?
Shellshock
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:08 pm

Postby bford24 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:55 am

That's rare to only have 6 matches instead of 8 or 9. Next show already sounds great and I can't wait to go.
bford24
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:18 pm

Postby Wreckless » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:16 am

B-Boy vs. Scott Lost. If B-Boy wins, he gets to face Joey Ryan at the 3 Year shows with any stipulation he wants.


if bboy wins i think we may see the return of the pwg cage :D , it plays into the fact that joey cant have outside help or cheat his way to victory very easily then ...that or it's just wishful thinking by me cause i loved the pwg cage
Image
Wreckless
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:29 pm
Location: U.K

Postby scrub » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:25 am

I'm banking on B-Boy picking the Kennel from Hell stipulation, but that's just me. Or some sort of electrified barbwire lobster panes of flaming glass tables cactus death match of some sorts.

All in all, it was a really good show. Don't let the results on paper or the lack of Super Dragon fool you (although SD beating the shit out of people was missed). 6 matches reminded me of "Pimpin in High Places" or even old Rev Pro shows. Crowd didn't burn out, we got out at a respectable time, and we still got good wrestling without too many fly-ins. My favorite matches have to go to the tag matches: CapeFear/KoslovRonin and Arrogance/BBoyTornado.
scrub
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:25 pm

Postby Ocire » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:48 am

I found this show the best I've seen yet. I haven't seen much though, so it's not much to compare. But anyway, the matches last night were excellent. The only match I didn't like was TJ Perkins vs. Excalibur. It bored me to death but I liked seeing the two out there nonetheless.
Image
User avatar
Ocire
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:40 pm

Postby WannaB » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:13 am

Prophecy wrote:Well, now we see that the tag team titles won't be defended on the next show.

Glad to see Scorpio Sky as one of the BOLA entrants, I would like to see Scott Lost make it as well.


The next show is a two day show. There won't be a tag title match on day 1, but that doesn't mean there won't be a title match on day 2.
User avatar
WannaB
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:22 pm

Postby Prophecy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:37 am

WannaB wrote:
Prophecy wrote:Well, now we see that the tag team titles won't be defended on the next show.

Glad to see Scorpio Sky as one of the BOLA entrants, I would like to see Scott Lost make it as well.


The next show is a two day show. There won't be a tag title match on day 1, but that doesn't mean there won't be a title match on day 2.


I thought the show is on the 24th? And then the following show is the 3 year two day event?
Prophecy
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:41 pm

Postby Lizard King » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:47 am

I like the long turn booking pwg is doing. It gives the birthday show more meaning and build up look at what could happen B-boy vs joey frankie vs sky these fueds have been well build IMO
Lizard King
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:29 pm

Postby DBDIV » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:58 am

Can't wait for the next show, I missed it yesterday and there's no way I'm honna miss this one.
Image
RMFG
DBDIV
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: O.C., CA

Postby evilpaz » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:53 pm

One of the best moments of last night was when Tornado took that nasty bump into the chairs. The crowd went from being shocked in silence to chanting "HOLY SHIT!"

Gotta love Tornado.
evilpaz
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:33 pm

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:37 pm

Some of my thoughts on the show:

- Dynasty group promo to start.
Some of the things covered:
1. They give a 10 bell salute for Super Dragon
2. Joey announces this marks his 6th month as PWG champion. Making him the longest reigning PWG champion.
3. Sky announced as first entrant in the 2006 BOLA. Since he doesn't have a title, he'll bring home the BOLA championship to the Dynasty.
4. Bosh-Sky do a mock BOLA 2006 finals with Bosh as the dreaded "Default Wrestler 1 (or was it A?) with Sky pinning Bosh to win.


- Disco/Nemesis Vs. Top Gun/Bino: Yet another installment in the never ending Disco Machine Vs. Top Gun Talwar series. You'd have to send off to NASA to get the actual number of times they've met in PWG. This had some fun moments, but went a little long I thought. Disco/Nemesis take it with a Powerbomb/Chokeslam combo on Bino.

- TJ Perkins Vs. Excalibur: Fine match. Blanking on a lot of the details. Excalibur goes for the Heart Punch, TJ dodges it and locks in the Rivera Cloverleaf to get the submission victory.

- Cape Fear Vs Ronin/Alex Koslov: A match I hoped they would add. Very good stuff here. Two teams blended excellently.. Finish came when Koslov hit a release German Suplex on Generico, followed up directly with a big lariat from Ronin to get the convincing pin. This has to be seen as an upset, considering Cape Fear are coming off a win over the Briscoes, and Koslov/Ronin are coming off two losses to Top Gun/Bino. Still... very good match, my 2nd favorite of the show.

- Koslov/Ronin need a catchy team name. As a connoisseur of Arnold Schwarzenegger movies... I suggest "Red Heat"

- Scorpio Sky w/ Jade Chung AND Frankie's ponytail (which he wore as a mustache) Vs. Kevin Steen: Another fun match. Although I really miss the asshole heel Steen who demolished everyone and hardly ever lost. Finish came when Steen had Jade Chung up for the Package Piledriver, which give Sky the chance to recover and break up the move, and hit the Implant DDT for the pin.

- Arrogance Vs. B-Boy/Human Tornado w/ Candice LaRae- This was my MOTN. Starts off with B-Boy/Tornado stealing the titles and running to the back to a "you got jacked" chant (that'll work one day) As for the match, it was as good as you would expect from these four. Big moves and interesting stuff a plenty. My favorite of which (although I didn't have the best view of it) was Bosh release german suplexing Human Tornado off the apron into the front row of chairs... completely insane. You really believed B-Boy/HT were going to win this one. Especially after the Go 2 Sleep on Lost, followed by HT giving Bosh the "That Nigga Dead" suplex on top of the fallen Lost.

- Funny moment where Bosh grabs Candice LaRae and goes "I don't like skanks, I don't like whores" and punches her. Oddly amusing in that Chris Bosh way...

- Finish came when Lost locked in a Sharpshooter varation (same one he used on Shelley at the X-mas show) on Human Tornado to get the submission victory.


- Frankie Kazarian Vs. Joey Ryan: Good match, these two always work very well together. Frankie is sporting a new haircut that made him look like Hardcore Kidd I thought. Match starts off with a brawl thru the crowd after the first of many unintentional low blows on Rick Knox. Then Frankie pulls down Joey's tights revealing a thong... he then brawled with Joey thru the crowd again sending people running in terror from Joey's exposed buttocks. Don't point that thing at me, maaan! Finally after what felt like 6 days, Joey pulls up his tights to a "Thank you, Joey" chant.

Later on, Frankie hits a version of the Wave of the future off the turnbuckle and looks to have Joey beat when Jade Chung pulls out Knox before the 3 count.

Finish came when Frankie countered a pinfall attempt with the TAZMISSION.. BABY! (same move he beat Lil' Cholo with!) Joey looked on the verge of tapping when he fought near the ropes... and with the help of Scorpio Sky on the outside was able to turn it into a cheap pin to successfully retain the PWG title. Then the nWo... err DYNASTY come in and lay the beat down on Frankie... until B-Boy and Human Tornado chase them off.

Joey states that he's sick of B-Boy, and offers him a challenge. If he beats Scott Lost at the next show, he'll get a title shot in any match he wants, if he loses... he never gets a shot. B-Boy teases announcing the type of match (Crowd seemed to want a CAGE or possibly the Coal Miner's Glove... my choice however "Judy Bagwell on a pole" wasn't even hinted at) but decided to wait until the next event.

Then Commissioner Winwood announces Joey's next defense would be against Davey Richards which got a huge pop.


- Good showing from PWG despite the diminished roster. Not their best show, but not their worst either. Show flowed very nicely and never dragged.

- The crowd was a lot lighter and reminded me of the Pre-ASW days.

- Still odd to see a PWG show without Super Dragon. Though now I kinda hope they keep him out another show, to build to a big return at the 3-year.

- Kinda upset that Excalibur Vs. Kevin Steen was changed. I was looking forward to that match. What happened to Sabin?

- Glad to see them already building up to the BOLA with Sky being announced. I notice Colt Cabana has the dates listed on his site, so that's 2 entrants I suppose.

- STUPID FACT alert (I'm a fan of stupid facts for whatever reason...)
with his pin over Frankie Kazarian, Joey now holds pinfalls over every past PWG champion!

Adam Pearce - BAM3k
Super Dragon - BAM3k
Kevin Steen - Chanukah Chaos
AJ Styles - Card Subject To Change 2
Frankie Kazarian - Fear of a Black Planet.

Joey Ryan... truly the king of kings.
User avatar
TigerDriver98
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:47 pm
Location: SoCal

Postby WannaB » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:27 pm

Prophecy wrote:
WannaB wrote:
Prophecy wrote:Well, now we see that the tag team titles won't be defended on the next show.

Glad to see Scorpio Sky as one of the BOLA entrants, I would like to see Scott Lost make it as well.


The next show is a two day show. There won't be a tag title match on day 1, but that doesn't mean there won't be a title match on day 2.


I thought the show is on the 24th? And then the following show is the 3 year two day event?


My bad. I was looking at the wrong day on my calender.
User avatar
WannaB
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:22 pm

Postby DBDIV » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:48 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:- STUPID FACT alert (I'm a fan of stupid facts for whatever reason...)
with his pin over Frankie Kazarian, Joey now holds pinfalls over every past PWG champion!

Adam Pearce - BAM3k
Super Dragon - BAM3k
Kevin Steen - Chanukah Chaos
AJ Styles - Card Subject To Change 2
Frankie Kazarian - Fear of a Black Planet.

Joey Ryan... truly the king of kings.

Yeah but Pearce & Dragon weren't PWG World Champ at the time of being defeated by Ryan.

Has he defeated them after they gained the strap?
Image
RMFG
DBDIV
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: O.C., CA

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:07 pm

DBDIV wrote:
TigerDriver98 wrote:- STUPID FACT alert (I'm a fan of stupid facts for whatever reason...)
with his pin over Frankie Kazarian, Joey now holds pinfalls over every past PWG champion!

Adam Pearce - BAM3k
Super Dragon - BAM3k
Kevin Steen - Chanukah Chaos
AJ Styles - Card Subject To Change 2
Frankie Kazarian - Fear of a Black Planet.

Joey Ryan... truly the king of kings.

Yeah but Pearce & Dragon weren't PWG World Champ at the time of being defeated by Ryan.

Has he defeated them after they gained the strap?


No they weren't champions at time. But that's not what I was getting at. Just saying he's the only one to ever pin every man to ever hold the PWG title in a PWG ring. Again, somewhat pointless accomplishment... but one I thought was interesting.
User avatar
TigerDriver98
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:47 pm
Location: SoCal

Postby Big Joe » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:47 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:
DBDIV wrote:
TigerDriver98 wrote:- STUPID FACT alert (I'm a fan of stupid facts for whatever reason...)
with his pin over Frankie Kazarian, Joey now holds pinfalls over every past PWG champion!

Adam Pearce - BAM3k
Super Dragon - BAM3k
Kevin Steen - Chanukah Chaos
AJ Styles - Card Subject To Change 2
Frankie Kazarian - Fear of a Black Planet.

Joey Ryan... truly the king of kings.

Yeah but Pearce & Dragon weren't PWG World Champ at the time of being defeated by Ryan.

Has he defeated them after they gained the strap?


No they weren't champions at time. But that's not what I was getting at. Just saying he's the only one to ever pin every man to ever hold the PWG title in a PWG ring. Again, somewhat pointless accomplishment... but one I thought was interesting.


He means that Joey beat them before they were former PWG Champions.

Well, that was a fun piece of trivia.
User avatar
Big Joe
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:07 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests