Burning the Bridge ???

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Burning the Bridge ???

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:27 pm

I've read over the last couple months on the boards about different talents such as Paul London and Los Luchas as well as a couple others who have had there differences with PWG and like London have not come back , I was just wondering what caused the beef with the talents or PWG ?
ShadowMaster

Re: Burning the Bridge ???

Postby Meltman » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:06 am

As fans, all we can do is speculate what went down between certain guys and PWG.

But as far as the list goes, it's kinda broad. London, Los Luchas, Low Ki, Kingston, Briscoes (before their 2010 return), Omega (?), Scorpio Sky has had many in-and-outs, Pearce (?).

A lot of these are as simple as missed bookings (King, Luchas, Briscoes), but there's some ego/personal shit too obviously.
Meltman

Postby luca brasi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:16 am

Always wondered what went down with London and Sky.
I think Ki got too difficult to work with (refusing to do the honors, etc.)... I don't think there was heat with Omega... he just got booked in Japan full-time. But I could be totally wrong.
luca brasi

Postby Meltman » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:49 am

luca brasi wrote:I don't think there was heat with Omega... he just got booked in Japan full-time. But I could be totally wrong.

You're probably right. I always thought, though, that his last match being dropping the PWG Title and never having been back is weird. Because he has been in the US since then doing other shows, rarely however.
Meltman

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:19 pm

I wish Omega would devote himself to full time wrestling in the states. That guy has so much charisma and his rise to the top in PWG was very meteoric.
BayAreaPWGFan

Postby CheMateo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:07 pm

I cannot blame Omega for working full time in Japan. I am sure it pays well enough and it was a dream of his. I miss seeing Omega live but if the guy is happy...

Adding to the burnt bridges are The Cutlers, LuFisto, and Jack Evans. I was a bit surprised how public PWG went with regards to Jack and publishing what was apparently a correspondence between PWG and Jack Sr. Too bad things did not work out in the end. It would have been fun seeing Jack & Strong as tag champs and Jack's commute would have been shorter hopping over from Mexico.

A shame that a promotion that was apparently partially set up to give back to the boys had so many falling outs. I guess to expect otherwise would be naively idealistic.
CheMateo

Postby BOLA4ever » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:33 pm

CheMateo wrote:I cannot blame Omega for working full time in Japan. I am sure it pays well enough and it was a dream of his. I miss seeing Omega live but if the guy is happy...

Adding to the burnt bridges are The Cutlers, LuFisto, and Jack Evans. I was a bit surprised how public PWG went with regards to Jack and publishing what was apparently a correspondence between PWG and Jack Sr. Too bad things did not work out in the end. It would have been fun seeing Jack & Strong as tag champs and Jack's commute would have been shorter hopping over from Mexico.

A shame that a promotion that was apparently partially set up to give back to the boys had so many falling outs. I guess to expect otherwise would be naively idealistic.

what happened with jack evans?
didnt the cutlers retire though? not really burning a bridge
BOLA4ever

Postby CheMateo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:52 pm

BOLA4ever wrote:what happened with jack evans?
didnt the cutlers retire though? not really burning a bridge

Jack was working for AAA in Mexico. Jack was super over in Mexico. At that time Jack & Rod won DDT 08 and were crowned the new tag champs. Jack assured PWG that AAA was cool with Jack working for PWG once a month or so. Jack never made it to defend the tag titles. Jack sent an email that he would fight from the grave and pay for his own, something to that effect, and make it to PWG. Jack Sr. was flustered over all of this and supposedly resigned as Jack Jr's business manager.

Something bad went down with the Cutlers before they "retired". I recall some grumblings that Cutlers were saying they would download PWG DVDs off the internet and had a hostile tone toward PWG.
CheMateo

Postby Meltman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:59 pm

CheMateo wrote:Something bad went down with the Cutlers before they "retired". I recall some grumblings that Cutlers were saying they would download PWG DVDs off the internet and had a hostile tone toward PWG.

They also put on a pair of absolute stinkers against 2 great teams (Strong/Shelley & The Dynasty). Whether they worked badly intentionally or not, that should've been warrant enough to never book them again.

I've never heard the LuFisto deal, though. But the Evans/Cutlers stuff I do remember after you mentioned them. What was with LuFisto?
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:01 pm

Meant to say Aries/Strong, not Shelley.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:07 pm

Also, and I really don't know shit about this, but Disco Machine and Top Gun have made sporadic wrestling appearances in California for a couple of years, but not in PWG. So I'm not sure exactly what, but as original PWG part-owners, that's peculiar.
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:48 am

I'm a big LuFisto fan but by no means did I expect her to be a regular or even semi-regular.
Garden State Saint

Postby luca brasi » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:34 am

yeah I was kinda bummed when I saw LuFisto mentioned in this thread... I was hoping (and still am) that her appearances were just kinda random and sporadic, and they just haven't needed her... I don't want to think there is heat with her!
luca brasi

Postby Meltman » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:21 am

Garden State Saint wrote:I'm a big LuFisto fan but by no means did I expect her to be a regular or even semi-regular.

Well, she was in 2 different matches (1 being the main event) in her 1st appearance, and did play a certain part in Tornado's attacks on Hero/Candice. It kinda looked like she could be a part-time hand.

But yeah, not sure how it turned sour. She's one of the few girls who wouldn't shit the bed wrestling a guy.
Meltman

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:01 am

Whatever happened to Jerome "LTP" Robinson? Seems like the dude just disappeared from PWG...
OSKMIA

Postby luca brasi » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:14 am

LTP retired from wrestling altogether.
However, I heard he was backstage recently at an AWS (I think) show.
luca brasi

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:38 pm

LTP hasnt retired. He has been wrestling for IWL for the last few years.
The Franchise13

Postby camstun187 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:38 pm

I like how when guys don't get booked in PWG anymore, they "retire"
camstun187

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:49 pm

camstun187 wrote:I like how when guys don't get booked in PWG anymore, they "retire"

So Brandon Bonham isn't retired? Image
OSKMIA

Postby ad.breed » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:55 am

Meltman wrote:
luca brasi wrote:I don't think there was heat with Omega... he just got booked in Japan full-time. But I could be totally wrong.

You're probably right. I always thought, though, that his last match being dropping the PWG Title and never having been back is weird. Because he has been in the US since then doing other shows, rarely however.

Kenny mentioned a few months ago on facebook defending the AJPW Junior belt against El Generico, someone suggested doing it in PWG and he seemed to like the idea. I get the impression DDT etc. is taking up most of his working time. Pity though, a title defence from another organisation would be cool. Remember when the X-Division title would get defended in PWG? Is there beef between TNA & PWG? None of their guys have been booked for awhile.
ad.breed

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum