2012 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 1 & 2!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: 2012 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 1 & 2!

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:08 pm

Not too happy with 2 out of the 3 final matches. I would of prefer Cage vs Strong & B-Boy vs Drake.
The Franchise13

Postby ShapeShifter75 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:Not too happy with 2 out of the 3 final matches. I would of prefer Cage vs Strong & B-Boy vs Drake.

I think Cage-vs-Srong will be quarterfinal...

Think it'll be

Cage-vs-b-Boy
Cage-vs-Strong
Cage-vs-Willie Mack
Then final
Willie Mack-vs-Kevin Steen
ShapeShifter75

Postby Meltman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:53 pm

ShapeShifter75 wrote:Then final
Willie Mack-vs-Kevin Steen

Steen won't make the Finals. After all, he's not defending.
Meltman

Postby NHfan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:13 pm

I think Cage Mack and Steen will all lose in the first round and have a three way on night 2.
NHfan

2012 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 1 & 2!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Originally, the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles was envisioned as a two-day tournament, like the majority of previous Battle of Los Angeles events. However, there were some very practical obstacles standing in the way of a two-day event taking place. First, American Legion Hall #308 in Reseda, CA, was available on September 1, but had another event scheduled for September 2. Second, 2006 Battle of Los Angeles winner Davey Richards had a scheduling conflict that prevented him from competing in this year's tournament. Third, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen was scheduled to face see Comedy World Champion Louis C.K. in Atlantic City, NJ on September 1.

Fortunately, due to a cancellation at the Legion Hall, September 2 opened up, and a two-day tournament was now possible. On top of that, Davey Richards was able to resolve his scheduling conflict earlier today, and asked to be added to the tournament, even if it had to be as an alternate. Finally, Kevin Steen's loss to El Generico in the 2011 Battle of Los Angeles finals was so galling to Steen that the World Champion canceled his vacation in order to, in his words, "win the whole thing."

With those factors in mind (and a couple extra Louis C.K. tickets on StubHub), we are pleased to announce that the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles will now take place on September 1 and 2, 2012, with 16 competitors fighting to call themselves a Battle of Los Angeles winner!

The 2012 Battle of Los Angeles - Stage 1 takes place on Saturday, September 1, 2012, at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308. The 2012 Battle of Los Angeles - Stage 2 takes place on Sunday, September 2, 2012, at 6:00PM at American Legion Post #308. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $35 per night, or $60 for both. General Admission tickets are $30 per night, or $50 for both. Tickets for the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles will go on sale Wednesday, July 25 at 8:00PM PDT.

First round matches in the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles are scheduled to include:

- Ricochet (2nd Battle of Los Angeles) vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (6th Battle of Los Angeles)

- Adam Cole (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. El Generico (8th Battle of Los Angeles - 2011 Battle of Los Angeles winner)

- Michael Elgin (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Davey Richards (5th Battle of Los Angeles - 2006 Battle of Los Angeles winner)

- Eddie Edwards (2nd Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Kyle O'Reilly (1st Battle of Los Angeles)

- Sami Callihan (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Willie Mack (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)

- B-Boy (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Brian Cage (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)

- TJ Perkins (2nd Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Joey Ryan (6th Battle of Los Angeles - 2010 Battle of Los Angeles winner)

- Roderick Strong (7th Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Drake Younger (1st Battle of Los Angeles)

The 2012 Battle of Los Angeles - Stage 1 takes place on Saturday, September 1, 2012, at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308. The 2012 Battle of Los Angeles - Stage 2 takes place on Sunday, September 2, 2012, at 6:00PM at American Legion Post #308. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $35 per night, or $60 for both. General Admission tickets are $30 per night, or $50 for both. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on August 28, 2012, at 10:00PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable.

Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change. Absolutely no outside alcoholic beverages are allowed on American Legion property.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby ShapeShifter75 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:39 am

PWG_Silverback wrote:First round matches in the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles are scheduled to include:

- Ricochet (2nd Battle of Los Angeles) vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (6th Battle of Los Angeles)

- Adam Cole (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. El Generico (8th Battle of Los Angeles - 2011 Battle of Los Angeles winner)

- Michael Elgin (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Davey Richards (5th Battle of Los Angeles - 2006 Battle of Los Angeles winner)

- Eddie Edwards (2nd Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Kyle O'Reilly (1st Battle of Los Angeles)

- Sami Callihan (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Willie Mack (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)

- B-Boy (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Brian Cage (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)

- TJ Perkins (2nd Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Joey Ryan (6th Battle of Los Angeles - 2010 Battle of Los Angeles winner)

- Roderick Strong (7th Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Drake Younger (1st Battle of Los Angeles)

If the brackets are setup like listed my predictions are....

1st Round
Kevin Steen over Ricochet
El Generico over Adam Cole
Davey Richards over Michael Elgin
Eddie Edwards over Kyle O'Reilly
Willie Mack over Sami Callihan
Brian Cage over B-Boy
TJ Perkins over Joey Ryan
Roderick Strong over Drake Younger

2nd Round
Kevin Steen over El Generico
Davey Richards over Eddie Edwards
Willie Mack over Brian Cage
Roderick Strong over TJ Perkins

3rd Round
Kevin Steen over Davey Richards
Willie Mack over Roderick Strong

Final
Willie Mack over Kevin Steen
*Maybe make it a impomptu title match and Willie wins title!
ShapeShifter75

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:01 am

damn it, i don't want sami, cage, willie, or B boy eliminated in the 1st rd. shit!!
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Nasty Nate » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:43 am

They should put up a poll to see who everyone thinks will win it
Nasty Nate

Postby PWG_Silverback » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:42 am

PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Itchypanda » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:39 pm

I would love to see the younger/newer guys make it to the later rounds/second day and the vets filling in with great matches, such as Roddy Strong vs. Steen for the PWG title. Ricochet vs. Brian Cage would be a ridiculously fun match and I hope and pray for that in the final but Steen losing to Ricochet (?), hmmmm....
Itchypanda

Postby NHfan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:14 pm

What I also think would be fun for night two is if Cole and O'reilly lost their first round matches and fought in a four corners tag match with SSB, the Bucks, and Rockness.
NHfan

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:59 am

god damn it, somebody tell ricochet it's called the "BATTLE" of los angeles. and pass on some friendly advice from a guy who was also a pretty young father to another, dude if you gotta shoot a promo while driving in the rain, make sure your little one is buckled up. i'm sure he's a good father and loves his kid but just gotta be careful.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Meltman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:22 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:god damn it, somebody tell ricochet it's called the "BATTLE" of los angeles. and pass on some friendly advice from a guy who was also a pretty young father to another, dude if you gotta shoot a promo while driving in the rain, make sure your little one is buckled up. i'm sure he's a good father and loves his kid but just gotta be careful.

Is it wrong that I'm more annoyed by the "Best of LA" mistake than I am with the "not buckled up" deal?

Maybe it's a midget wrestler, who knows.
Meltman

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:47 am

Meltman wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:god damn it, somebody tell ricochet it's called the "BATTLE" of los angeles. and pass on some friendly advice from a guy who was also a pretty young father to another, dude if you gotta shoot a promo while driving in the rain, make sure your little one is buckled up. i'm sure he's a good father and loves his kid but just gotta be careful.

Is it wrong that I'm more annoyed by the "Best of LA" mistake than I am with the "not buckled up" deal?

Maybe it's a midget wrestler, who knows.

I feel the same way to be honest with you, he kept saying it over and over and over.
eastbay510

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:57 pm

I don't want a predictable winner, I hope someone we don't expect to win would win this tournament like B Boy or Drake or Sami. B Boy has been busting his ass in this business for the longest time now, he deserves BOLA win.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:32 pm

he posted a new promo that corrects that last one now

El Asian

Postby NHfan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:I don't want a predictable winner, I hope someone we don't expect to win would win this tournament like B Boy or Drake or Sami. B Boy has been busting his ass in this business for the longest time now, he deserves BOLA win.

I agree with this. B-Boy would be a great win. As much as I'd love to see Willie Mack take it, I'll say it again that I'd like to see him, Cage, and Steen lose in the first round so that we can have a three way dance the next night.
I'd also pull for Edwards, Sami, Strong, or maybe even TJ Perkins. But B-Boy deserves it the most.
NHfan

Postby Meltman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:02 am

You guys are right, nobody deserves it more than B-Boy.

Guy's been in PWG since 2004, it's his BOLA debut. Obviously a great track record.
Meltman

Postby Itchypanda » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:23 pm

A B-Boy BOLA win would be very much like the Joey Ryan-won BOLA. Take that as a positive or negative. Discuss.
Itchypanda

Postby eldink » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:59 pm

the crowd was anti-joey in the finals...he had a been there done that vibe and pwg fans are underdog types....this year the wrestlers all will be elevated by a good bola performance [well, all but joey who has bigger exposure now] , i would say steen,generico,cage and mack do not need to win this as they are the top tier pwg title guys and are all super over..futureshock and wolves are more east coast guys and none seem proper for the title picture right now....perkins needs a win or two but is too low on the totem pole to go the distance...strong is always a hard luck loser at bola and that kind of image presents a good storyline and this is not the time to change it as he is a little less over now.....ricochet has too many booking situations and is very over wrestling a few times a year...i would love it to be one of the remaining four, my vote goes to elgin
eldink

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum