PWG mentioned in a podcast

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG mentioned in a podcast

Postby tmac9311 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:24 pm

http://anytimeshow.podbean.com/2012/07/ ... c-pierson/

Gets mentioned at 36:20. I'm sure more people know about PWG than this podcast, but being a fan of Mystery Team and DERRICK comedy (Donald Glover's sketch group), I thought it was pretty cool to hear at work. Hopefully a few people discover it by this. Sounds like it got him back into wrestling, much like it had for me, I would of given up on wrestling if not for PWG, so its nice to hear it does that for other people.
tmac9311

Re: PWG mentioned in a podcast

Postby camstun187 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:07 am

I agree with your ending statement....I really don't know what i'd be watching if not for PWG. I JUST recently got back into WWE, and back in 07 my interest was dying (I was live in Detroit as Shawn Michaels tapped to John Cena at WM23....that sucked so much). BOLA 2007 opened up indy wrestling for me, and there was no turning back..

Hail PWG
camstun187

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:58 am

I totally agree with both of you if it wouldn't have been going to Kurt Russellreunion a few years back I highly doubt I would be watching wrestling today . When I talk about PWG and people ask you still watch wrestling I respond with this is a different kind of wrestling IT IS WRESTLING and how it should be . Of course now I watch WWE and a little of TNA if I get the time but for me there is nothing like PWG and what they bring to the table . I did get the feeling like the guys on the podcast were kacking on the PWG fans a little bit which I thought was a little weird if that guy thinks he's the coolest person in the room cause he isn't wearing a wrestling shirt from in his words somebody who I never heard of well he has a another thing coming hopefully he's at the Legion Hall this Saturday and by chance a ladder comes flying in the crowd and knocks some sense in him .
ShadowMaster

Postby Hook The Leg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:02 am

Same here. I stopped watching wrestling back in 2001. I stopped watching it, but did sporadically keep up with results and news throughout the year. Last year, out of the blue, I went to highspots.com and just looked at what they had. Watched the preview video for Eight and bought it right away. Been hooked ever since. I've tried to get a lot of my friends that used to watch wrestling into it too. Even have bought DVDs and gave them to friends to spread the love. Can't wait until I'm able to journey out there and watch it live.
Hook The Leg

Postby camstun187 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:07 am

not gonna lie...I don't like that guys attitude on that podcast. Seems like he did nothing but make fun of it.
camstun187

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:54 pm

camstun187 wrote:not gonna lie...I don't like that guys attitude on that podcast. Seems like he did nothing but make fun of it.

I was thinking the same thing as I was listening just seemed like they were kacking on PWG the whole time .
ShadowMaster

Postby tmac9311 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:26 pm

its definitely not the kindest review, but he wants to go every month and seems to have had a great time. It's not great promotion for the hardcore indy wrestling fans, but personally the fact that PWG is silly, and you can enjoy it with the wrestling being a secondary draw to it is what makes me love it so much. I've tried most wrestling feds I can get my hand on, and PWG was the only one I enjoyed at all, I can't stand ROH CZW DGUSA etc. I don't expect PWG management to promote it like they did with the dude on Attack of the Show, but I thought he made it sound like it had a big appeal.

but yes, I had no idea who that dude was before the podcast, and hes not going to have a big difference on the company positive or negative.
tmac9311

Postby camstun187 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:46 pm

I just can't stand assholes like him who can't just come out and admit that they liked something (that is a social taboo). I mean, he didn't say he paid his friend, so obviously he enjoyed himself. I would have loved being next to him, cause he was probably super into it and was loving it, yet goes home and puts on a charade of "i'm too cool to say this is cool" on his no-name podcast.

Fuck him.
camstun187

Postby camstun187 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:48 pm

i meant to say "he didn't say his friend paid him"...

Also, anyone here an Always Sunny fan? Hahaha remember that episode where the Waitress got super drunk with Dee and then, while shopping for purses, drunkingly said "I don't like..this bitches ATTITUDE"

Yeah, I wish I had a GIF of that.
camstun187

Postby ShadowMaster » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:01 am

camstun187 wrote:I just can't stand assholes like him who can't just come out and admit that they liked something (that is a social taboo). I mean, he didn't say he paid his friend, so obviously he enjoyed himself. I would have loved being next to him, cause he was probably super into it and was loving it, yet goes home and puts on a charade of "i'm too cool to say this is cool" on his no-name podcast.

Fuck him.

I guess this bozo think's he's to much of a cool guy to say he like's pro wrestling and PWG , I thought it was pretty dick when he talked about all us fans wearing wrestling shirts from no name wrestlers , I wouldn't be surprised if he has a John Cena poster in he's attic where he does his lame as podcast .
ShadowMaster

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum