Does PWG do any double shows anymore?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Does PWG do any double shows anymore?

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:10 am

It seems like a few years back PWG would have at least 4 double shows a year, ASW/Anniversary Show/DDT/Bola

Anyone have any idea if they will be doing a double show anymore? With the economy the way it is, its really sucky to convince myself to make the drive from Northern Cali for 1 show.
BayAreaPWGFan

Re: Does PWG do any double shows anymore?

Postby tristanj13 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:44 am

I'm kinda in the same boat. Would love to fly out from Chicago for something...but it's hard to justify it for one show only. Been waiting/hoping for a doubleshot for a while.
tristanj13

Postby Meltman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:16 pm

I wouldn't count on it, but then again, PWG could surprise us all with a double-shot this year.

The main problem with weekends/double-shots is that it costs more to book talent and it becomes a possibility that someone is injured on Night 1 and unavailable on Night 2 (Chuck Taylor on a recent ASW for example). Another con is that oftentimes, with double-shots, the 2nd night ends up being superior (a lot of DDT4s and BOLAs can attest to this). So it makes more sense to just book guys for one night and have them go all-out (like recent DDT4s and the newly 8-man format of BOLA).

PWG truly is the lowest-budget-having "big indy", so they have to cut corners often. For all the talent involved and how shows are booked, they deserve millions. But it's a small operation.
Meltman

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 am

BOLA is obviously a double shot and I would think DDT4s or ASW could always be double shots. Try to plan for those shows and see if you get lucky.
spawnsyxx9

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum