Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:19 pm

I love Steen vs Generico matches, but its been done so much that just another match between those two really won't mean much. They've done everything they could possibly do both in ROH and PWG. They literally killed themselves, so what more can we expect from them? I agree with whoever said that Willie's time has not yet come. Steen should stay the champ longer and defend against numerous competitors.
krayzie Bone

Postby jonny craig » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:31 am

I found a link for a match between Drake and Danielson so I'd would imagine he can go(saw him on proving ground against Jeez and he impressed me) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZssRMbX-Sc

As far as Willie Mack, how does he not win it? Are they building him up just to give a notch on steen's title reign? I could be wrong but since debuting hasn't he only lost to Davey?
jonny craig

Postby b2u » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:56 am

jonny craig wrote: As far as Willie Mack, how does he not win it? Are they building him up just to give a notch on steen's title reign? I could be wrong but since debuting hasn't he only lost to Davey?

BOLA is around the corner. He can lose his first title shot by a hair and then get his rematch by winning BOLA. Unless Brian-Cage or Elgin win BOLA. Strong was my pick for BOLA before Death to All But Metal. After Metal, BOLA has to be won by the new literal BIG 3: Elgin, Mack and Cage-Taylor.
b2u

Postby musdy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:52 am

jonny craig wrote:I found a link for a match between Drake and Danielson so I'd would imagine he can go(saw him on proving ground against Jeez and he impressed me) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZssRMbX-Sc

As far as Willie Mack, how does he not win it? Are they building him up just to give a notch on steen's title reign? I could be wrong but since debuting hasn't he only lost to Davey?

And Ricochet.
musdy

Postby SlayJ » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:47 pm

jonny craig wrote:I found a link for a match between Drake and Danielson so I'd would imagine he can go(saw him on proving ground against Jeez and he impressed me) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZssRMbX-Sc

Just another notch on Steen's title reign? This whole comment is bizarre to me. So are you saying that Steen beating Willie wouldn't be all that impressive or mean anything? Or is it your thinking that because a title contender is "built up" that they should just go ahead and win the Championship on principle? Every title contender should be built up before getting a shot at the strap (which was the main fault about throwing Brian Cage in to a World Championship match for no good reason). And I think Willie has done a good job as a young guy on the ascent in PWG. But IMO he still has more growing and developing to do as a complete performer before he should be placed upon the throne. I am excited about the match though. I personally hope Steen retains the title because I'm not a fan of the "hot potato" method of having championship belts passed around like groupies at a Crue/RATT double bill. But I do recognize the possibility of Mack walking out with gold around his waist, which certainly adds to the intrigue. To me though there's more to accomplish with Kevin's title reign. I'd love to see him take on guys like Elgin, Ricochet, Chuck Taylor, etc. And if there's any way to have Steen defend against Super Dragon or Tozawa, I would probably lose my shit completely! Of course, El Generico should also get his rematch at some point...maybe at Steen Wolf II?

But yeah, it's one match at a time. So I suppose we'll see if the Willie Mack express is the real deal or not in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!!
SlayJ

Postby jonny craig » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:58 pm

By beating Mack I feel it would add to Steens reign because of all the quality opponents Mack has defeated on his rise to the top. I don't think he should win it on principal but from what I have seen in the matches I've watched, he works his ass off and the fans really love him. Steen is the man, but I think an upset is in the air. That being said, if we're throwing Steen dream matches out there, Kevin Steen vs Kenta Kobashi?
jonny craig

Postby lunatic903 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:20 am

only 18 days cant wait got front row
lunatic903

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:39 am

If Willie dosent win the title here then I think he should have some kind of blood fued imediatly after or some kind of program other then just beating guys. The more top singles guys he beats before he wins the belt will limit fresh matches he can have when he wins the thing. I would be ok with Steen cheating to retain or some kind of screwey finish, but I really think it would hurt Willie a lot more then help him to lose cleanly and just go back to wrestling random matches. Will he be better in a few months with some more experiance under his belt? Probally, but I cant imagine he will be as hot as he is now or have the same kind of momentem. ROH waits way to fucking long to give guys the belt and it hurts the company every time, I say either its Willie's time to run with the belt or its Willie's time to have a blood fued (mabey with Brian Cage?). Just don't let the momentem die.
eastbay510

Postby SlayJ » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:08 pm

eastbay510 wrote:If Willie dosent win the title here then I think he should have some kind of blood fued imediatly after or some kind of program other then just beating guys. The more top singles guys he beats before he wins the belt will limit fresh matches he can have when he wins the thing. I would be ok with Steen cheating to retain or some kind of screwey finish, but I really think it would hurt Willie a lot more then help him to lose cleanly and just go back to wrestling random matches. Will he be better in a few months with some more experiance under his belt? Probally, but I cant imagine he will be as hot as he is now or have the same kind of momentem. ROH waits way to fucking long to give guys the belt and it hurts the company every time, I say either its Willie's time to run with the belt or its Willie's time to have a blood fued (mabey with Brian Cage?). Just don't let the momentem die.

Well I like the idea of actually developing a heated feud between Mack and Steen (or possibly Cage). They are arguably the two most popular guys in PWG (along with Generico). Having one of them completely turn heel would be pretty fresh and certainly make a rematch between the two that much more dynamic. Obviously Steen is the easy choice to go heel as he is a natural in that role. But I think Willie turning to the dark side (uh, no pun intended) would create a lot of buzz and potentially be a good vehicle for him to really develop his mic skills and become a little more well rounded overall. I mean, if a guy as popular as he is could actually turn the PWG crowd against him, that would have to be a hell of a Heel turn. I'm curious to know if he has that in him. The Cage/Mack thing intrigues me because they are the two hottest young local commodities in PWG. And having them build a rivalry now would mean a lot down the line if/when one of them does wind up as Champion.
SlayJ

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:33 pm

SlayJ wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:If Willie dosent win the title here then I think he should have some kind of blood fued imediatly after or some kind of program other then just beating guys. The more top singles guys he beats before he wins the belt will limit fresh matches he can have when he wins the thing. I would be ok with Steen cheating to retain or some kind of screwey finish, but I really think it would hurt Willie a lot more then help him to lose cleanly and just go back to wrestling random matches. Will he be better in a few months with some more experiance under his belt? Probally, but I cant imagine he will be as hot as he is now or have the same kind of momentem. ROH waits way to fucking long to give guys the belt and it hurts the company every time, I say either its Willie's time to run with the belt or its Willie's time to have a blood fued (mabey with Brian Cage?). Just don't let the momentem die.

Well I like the idea of actually developing a heated feud between Mack and Steen (or possibly Cage). They are arguably the two most popular guys in PWG (along with Generico). Having one of them completely turn heel would be pretty fresh and certainly make a rematch between the two that much more dynamic. Obviously Steen is the easy choice to go heel as he is a natural in that role. But I think Willie turning to the dark side (uh, no pun intended) would create a lot of buzz and potentially be a good vehicle for him to really develop his mic skills and become a little more well rounded overall. I mean, if a guy as popular as he is could actually turn the PWG crowd against him, that would have to be a hell of a Heel turn. I'm curious to know if he has that in him. The Cage/Mack thing intrigues me because they are the two hottest young local commodities in PWG. And having them build a rivalry now would mean a lot down the line if/when one of them does wind up as Champion.

I really feel like something has to happen in this match booking wise. Like I said Steen beating Mack clean and thing staying the same does Willie no favors.
eastbay510

Postby CheMateo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 am

Happy Birthday PWG!

That main event is going to be nuts.

TigerDriver98 wrote:
PWG_Silverback wrote:Singles Match
TJ Perkins vs. Roderick Strong

The long awaited rematch from the first Threemendous?

Haha, I thought the same thing when reading the card. That is the only disappointing match in Rod Strong's PWG run as far as I am concerned. Maybe Strong will shoot some more ropey spit for good measure. Hopefully this match will rectify the past.
CheMateo

Postby Meltman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:47 am

CheMateo wrote:That is the only disappointing match in Rod Strong's PWG run as far as I am concerned.

Strong vs. Amazing Red.
Meltman

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:09 am

Meltman wrote:
CheMateo wrote:That is the only disappointing match in Rod Strong's PWG run as far as I am concerned.

Strong vs. Amazing Red.

Ha, I see everyone has wisely erased Strong vs PAUL LONDON from their memories. Strong Vs. Sonjay was also very disappointing considering the matches they had elsewhere.

Really though, he's had a few letdowns, but IMO he's still second to only El Generico in terms of consistency in PWG. Hard to see how they don't improve on that disappointing 2006 match at this show.
TigerDriver98

Postby Meltman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:01 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:Ha, I see everyone has wisely erased Strong vs PAUL LONDON from their memories. Strong Vs. Sonjay was also very disappointing considering the matches they had elsewhere.

Wow, I'd completely forgotten about the London match. Man...what was that? Worst match in BOLA history.

PWG was incredibly smart to team that dude with a workhorse like Generico. All the charisma in the world and London was just not giving a shit.
Meltman

Postby ajday » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Meltman wrote:
TigerDriver98 wrote:Ha, I see everyone has wisely erased Strong vs PAUL LONDON from their memories. Strong Vs. Sonjay was also very disappointing considering the matches they had elsewhere.

Wow, I'd completely forgotten about the London match. Man...what was that? Worst match in BOLA history.

Wasn't the one highlight from the match the 3-count for Roddy at the end of it?
ajday

Postby jonny craig » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:37 am

Meltman wrote:

PWG was incredibly smart to team that dude with a workhorse like Generico. All the charisma in the world and London was just not giving a shit.

Was that the one where he was wearing a singlet with a dildo or something in it?
jonny craig

Postby camstun187 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:12 pm

BOLA 10 Night 1 had so much potential (except for Daniels/Hero. Anyone who knew Daniels' performances in PWG could tell you that match was gonna be the definition of "going through the motions, and right when it seems like it's getting good, WHAM, let's end it!")....And London just ruined that match. Sure Strong was pissed, too.

And I dunno, Strong/Perkins from Threemendous was a really solid match with an absolutely terrible cro-..err...A terrible person in the crowd who spent the whole match calling Strong a retard. It was annoying as fuck, kept the crowd quiet, and ruined the match. Doesn't take a lot to get Strong going though hahahahah

Anyone remember Strong/Generico from High Cost? Man, love that match.
camstun187

Postby ShadowMaster » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:50 am

Death to all But Metal DVD , Cheek 3 Tickets to Threemendous III Cheek , Can't wait till the 21st .
ShadowMaster

Postby loserkings007 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:52 am

Convinced a long time friend of mine to come to the show. Should be fun. He never watched wrestling before really
loserkings007

Postby loserkings007 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Question guys, if I have 3 front row tickets, but just ordered 2 GA under the same name, can we all stand together in the front row line and go in at the same time? or do I need the other 2 to stand in the pre-sale GA line still?
loserkings007

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum