PWG's "Fear of a Black Planet" on June 3, 2006!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG's "Fear of a Black Planet" on June 3, 2006!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed May 24, 2006 2:40 pm

PWG's "Fear of a Black Planet" Takes Place on June 3!
By Silverback, PWG Staff Writer

Hiouchi, CA - At Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) "Enchantment Under The Sea" fans witnessed what may be one of the most important moments in PWG history, the birth of The Dynasty. Consisting of PWG World Champion Joey Ryan, Scorpio Sky, his "companion" Jade Chung, and the PWG World Tag Team Champions Arrogance, Chris Bosh and Scott Lost, and starting out with all of the PWG titles locked up, some very important questions are raised about The Dynasty. With all the belts, what is left for them to do in PWG? Will Dallas air before or after, and on what night? Commissioner Dino Winwood has said he will not let The Dynasty run roughshod all over PWG, and will do everything in his power to stop them. The Dynasty fired back, stating "May 20, 2006 was the start of a new era in PWG. Dino [Winwood] is just one man, a man who can not possibly hope to stand in our way." At "Fear of a Black Planet" they intend to erase any doubts about where the true power lies within this organization.

Giving the "dominant force" notion some credibility is the fact that not only did Chris Bosh & Scott Lost become PWG World Tag Team Champions for the second time, they dethroned Super Dragon & Davey Richards, who were the winningest champions in PWG history. But The Dynasty was not done there, and they brutally attacked Super Dragon as a form of retribution for all the punishment he's dished out to them throughout the years. Dragon was rushed to the hospital immediately after the attack, and while the extent of his injuries were not immediately clear, we found out earlier today that The Dynasty was a catalyst in another important PWG moment; Super Dragon's injuries were so severe that they will prevent him from competing at "Fear of a Black Planet" on June 3. Dragon's injuries include a serious concussion, a dislocated shoulder, severe hematoma and fluid build up on both elbows, and nerve damage in his neck. This marks the first time Super Dragon will not be on hand for a PWG event, and while he was not shot 75,000 times, we would like to nominate him as a candidate for the Robocop program in order to expedite his return.

The Dynasty will have an opportunity to further build their legacy at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "Fear of a Black Planet," which takes place on Saturday, June 3 at 7:30PM at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC, and will feature:

PWG World Championship Match
Joey Ryan (c) vs. "The Future" Frankie Kazarian

- The last time Frankie Kazarian made an appearance in a PWG ring, he became the Number One Contender for the PWG title, but in the process, was viciously attacked both physically and tonsorialy by Scorpio Sky. Frankie could use this opportunity to take the belt from Joey Ryan, humiliating The Dynasty in the process, but The Future may have thoughts of revenge in mind for Scorpio Sky instead. Either way, common sense says that Frankie Kazarian should bring some backup, because it's a given Joey Ryan will have someone waiting to lend their "moral support," should the champ need it.

PWG World Tag Team Championship Match
Arrogance (Chris Bosh & Scott Lost) (c) vs. B-Boy & Human Tornado

- PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood was made to look powerless at "Enchantment Under The Sea" by The Dynasty, so The Commish intends on flexing his match-making muscles at "Fear of a Black Planet." B-Boy is still waiting for his oft delayed shot at Joey Ryan, and Human Tornado is still looking for revenge on Scorpio Sky, but both Dynasty members are scheduled for other matches. So as a consolatory gesture, Dino is giving the makeshift team of B-Boy and Tornado a shot at the PWG World Tag Team Champions, and Dynasty stablemates, Chris Bosh and Scott Lost!

Scorpio Sky vs. Chris Sabin

- The expression "You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs" is quite apropos when referring to the formation of The Dynasty. One of those broken eggs happens to be Chris Sabin, who had his PWG title dreams dashed by Scorpio Sky at "Enchantment Under The Sea." Sky's interference did allow Joey Ryan to keep the PWG title, but it also added another name to their list of enemies. Since Sabin couldn't get a rematch for the gold, he'll settle for beating Sky's teeth out, to get some gold fillings!

"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. Excalibur

- It's been a little over a year since Kevin Steen and Excalibur united to destroy Super Dragon, and it's doubtful either man envisioned their quest ending the way it did. Kevin Steen lost his Guerrilla Warfare match to Super Dragon, SBS was dissolved and its members went their separate ways. Excalibur, returning from injury, and with a serious case of playoff fever, intends on proving to Mr. Wrestling that he's better off without him. Steen says he's looking ahead, not back, and intends on using this match to get back in the PWG title picture.

"Fear of a Black Planet" will also feature Cape Fear (El Generico & Quicksilver,) TJ Perkins, Disco Machine, Nemesis, Alex Koslov, Ronin, Hook Bomberry, Bino Gambino, Top Gun Talwar, and more!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "Fear of a Black Planet" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Saturday, June 3, 2006 at 7:30PM. The Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC is located at 1110 Bates Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90029. Tickets are $20 each, and will be available at the door. For more information, please visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com or email info@prowrestlingguerrilla.com.
Last edited by PWG_Silverback on Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Wreckless » Wed May 24, 2006 2:53 pm

holy shit sabin vs scorpio sounds awsome :D ...i sense dragon will show up some point in the night to fuck things up
Wreckless

Postby FallenDragon » Wed May 24, 2006 3:00 pm

PWG_Silverback
Dragon's injuries include a serious concussion, a dislocated shoulder, severe hematoma and fluid build up on both elbows, and nerve damage in his neck. This marks the first time Super Dragon will not be on hand for a PWG event, and while he was not shot 75,000 times, we would like to nominate him as a candidate for the Robocop program in order to expedite his return.

Damn....That was a serious beating. Robocop is Robocop But Super Dragon is Super Dragon what else is their to say. Sabin is going to Whoop Cowboy Troy I mean Scorpio Sky's Ass! Shows looks good I'll be there with bells on.
FallenDragon

Postby Crazy » Wed May 24, 2006 4:49 pm

If its true that Super Dragon won't be there than this will be the first PWG show he has not wrestled on. Sad sad day :(
Crazy

Postby MrPWG » Wed May 24, 2006 4:54 pm

I'm so there...I'm looking forward to seeing what's next for the DYNASTY!!!
MrPWG

Re: PWG's "Fear of a Black Planet" on June 3, 2006

Postby WannaB » Wed May 24, 2006 5:15 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:This marks the first time Super Dragon will not be on hand for a PWG event, and while he was not shot 75,000 times, we would like to nominate him as a candidate for the Robocop program in order to expedite his return.

Super Dragon vs. Robocop

I'd buy that for a dollar.
WannaB

OH HELL YEAH!!!!

Postby Pinky » Wed May 24, 2006 6:41 pm

I am so there on the 3rd!!! I want Sabin to beat the holy high hell outta Scorpio Sky!!! REMATCH!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

*I'll buy that for a dolar!!"
Pinky

Postby onlxn » Wed May 24, 2006 7:33 pm

Fucking awesome.

In the thread with the jibberish title, several of us were discussing who PWG might bring for this show besides the regulars. The answer: nobody. What's more, fucking SUPER DRAGON won't even be there.

This show will probably draw PWG's lowest attendance in months, but I don't give a shit. The Guerrilla could've paid through the nose for some random names, but they were too smart for that. They started a red-hot angle last show, and they're clearly willing to devote the entire 6/3 show to furthering that angle: the Dynasty shall rule. And if they don't draw a big house, it doesn't matter, because this should be the cheapest show they've run in years. With this show, they'll find out how many truly devoted fans they have.

Just a ballsy, awesome move by PWG. No glitz, no star power: it's a show for PWG lovers only, with a hot feud and some fun-looking local-heavy matches. I'm there with fuckin' bells on.
onlxn

Postby Ocire » Wed May 24, 2006 7:46 pm

Whoa. This is looking to be a hot card. I hope some good matches are set up with the other people showing up. The Dynasty vs... ?? What will their faction name be? And will they have a faction?? WHO KNOWS? Anyways... awesome looking show. It doesn't look like I'll be able to make it but if I have to.. I'm willing to cry to get what I want. :p
Ocire

Postby evilpaz » Wed May 24, 2006 8:18 pm

This fan will be there next Saturday night. I think this show has a lot of potential to be an awesome show. I think the so-called "star-studded shows" were kinda bogging down the angle development, so a show based solely on angles will be a good step in the right direction.

Dragon not on the card kinda makes the show feel... naked.
evilpaz

Postby scrub » Wed May 24, 2006 9:07 pm

YEAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOOOOY!!

Best show title ever. One of the better press releases written! The "Robocop Program" and Excalibur with "playoff fever" had me "LOL-ing".
scrub

Postby evilpaz » Wed May 24, 2006 9:23 pm

scrub wrote:YEAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOOOOY!!

Should be the name of the next PWG show.
evilpaz

Postby dxreydx » Thu May 25, 2006 12:34 am

Super Dragon may not have a match, but I think he will be there. When he does a lot of pops will be heard. He's going to beat some one down. After missing last show thinking it would be like the two prior ones before. I want to get to this show just for the lack of Super Dragon and see what soldifies with him. Oh yeah Dynasty, remember the First Family?
dxreydx

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu May 25, 2006 4:14 am

dxreydx wrote: Oh yeah Dynasty, remember the First Family?

To be fair, I don't think anyone remembers The First Family. And don't even ask if anyone remembers the Dangerous Players... because the answer is also no ;)

As for the card...

As already mentioned... yeah this card has the lowest "star power" of any show since "44 Ways..." So it won't break any attendance or DVD sales records. But it is a show PWG really needs right now. The spotlight is right where it needs to be... on "the Dynasty" angle.

I'm really looking forward to this show. Sure, the star studded shows and the All Star Weekends are great. But it's shows like this that really define PWG. Because underneath it all, PWG has a really strong core of regulars, and real heart as a promotion (that many feds lack) This will be the first time, they will really get to showcase that.

This one isn't about a million ROH fly ins or "that guy I saw on the TV!" it's about the workhorses of the promotion that are on more or less every show giving it their all. I personally can't wait to see it. I really hope the other PWG fans feel the same way. As onlxn said: "With this show, they'll find out how many truly devoted fans they have."

As for the matches:

Finally Joey Ryan Vs. Frankie Kazarian! That's a match I've wanted to see in PWG again for a long time. It's just choking on backstory. From the BAM3K finals to crown the first champion all the way to the "Ernest P. Worrell Memorial" where Joey initially turned heel on Frankie Kazarian. One of the matches I'm most looking forward too.

Plus get this, if Joey Ryan pins Frankie, he'll hold the totally meaningless distinction of having pinfall wins over every past PWG champion! Go Joey!

EX/Steen? Awesome, another match with an interesting history. Their styles should compliment each other very nicely in there. No one takes a beating quite like Excalibur.

Sky/Sabin was good the first time, now with a story behind it... it can only get better.

Arrogance Vs. B-Boy/Human Tornado: The dickhead Arrogance is finally back! Plus consider they have two of the most popular guys on the entire roster to play off of here. We should be in for a really entertaining contest here.

Plus the rest, I'd guess Cape Fear Vs. Koslov/Ronin, and perhaps Disco/Nemesis/TJ Vs. Gunning For Hookers with Beanies? We'll see...

I don't know if any of that made any sense... insomnia is a real bitch. :o
TigerDriver98

Postby shyboy13 » Thu May 25, 2006 8:32 am

I dont think this card is without stars. Sabin, Kazarian, Perkins, Steen, B-Boy, and even Jade Chung are all indy stars. It is not without fly-ins either as Steen, Sabin, Generico, and Excalubur all require plane tickets to get to this event. This may sound crazy to some but I would say that more people know who Sabin, Kazarian, and Perkins are than those that know who American Dragon, Colt Cabana, and the Briscos are. Well, maybe not Perkins but people know who Puma is.
shyboy13

Postby JeremyKC » Thu May 25, 2006 9:21 am

shyboy13 wrote: This may sound crazy to some but I would say that more people know who Sabin, Kazarian, and Perkins are than those that know who American Dragon, Colt Cabana, and the Briscos are. Well, maybe not Perkins but people know who Puma is.

Colt Cabana and Am Dragon are more well-known than Kazarian and Perkins are. Kazarian got on WWE TV briefly, but Cabana and Am Dragon have huge followings, cause ROH is a giant. I do agree about the show being good, I like the lineup alot, but I just cant agree with that statement.

I think having Sabin as a regular is great for PWG, seeing as he is getting pushed about as hard as any TNA X-Division guy there is. I would like to see the Briscoes regularly on PWG cards though, as they are one of the best tag teams on the indies.
JeremyKC

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu May 25, 2006 9:52 am

Who really cares if they're aren't a lot of big name fly-ins on the card. It's still a good card and what can you expect when ROH is running a show the same night?! It'll feel weird not having Davey on the card knowing he's working ROH that night and i'm sure Dragon will make his presense felt at some point during the show. Still the tag title match should be intresting and the title match should be good. Like some people have already said, let's see how many fans actually come out for the show knowing there's not a ton of fly-ins.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby Joel » Thu May 25, 2006 11:49 am

Awesome awesome line-up, it makes me so wanna live in SoCal.

Excalibur vs. Steen, EXCELLENT :P
Joel

Postby Aaron » Thu May 25, 2006 12:08 pm

JeremyKC wrote:Colt Cabana and Am Dragon are more well-known than Kazarian

That's a really dodgy thing to say. Colt and Danielson are bigger draws to an internet crowd but Kazarian is definitely better known and more recognisable to the average mark, who outnumber the IWC by about 10 to 1 (at a guess). The average mark probably wouldn't go to a show because of Kazarian whilst an internet mark would go to a show because of Danielson and Cabana.

True about Perkins though. He's not in the running here.
Aaron

Postby shyboy13 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:17 pm

Well, Perkins has wrestled in TNA which more people know than ROH. I'd say about 99% of ROH fans know about TNA but maybe 90% of TNA fans know about ROH. Not only that, he also has wrestled in New Japan and CMLL. If only 5% of New Japan fans and 5% of CMLL fans know who Puma is then that adds a large number to his recognition. ROH is only a teeny-tiny percent of the wrestling market.
shyboy13

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum