WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby Colt Banana » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:44 am

anyone have anything they'd particulaly like to see this year? 2 matches I'd like are Steen, Super Dragon and Vader (maybe the most badass team ever) against the young bucks and a partner, maybe Scott Steiner for the sheer randomness of it and at the end just have Steiner kill the bucks. I'd also like Nigel (I know I've brought him up before but if he's doing a retirement tour I absolutely want pwg to be a part of it) against Colt Cabana (whose almost definately gonna be there) I'd love a nice technical, british style match like they used to have in ROH back in the day. Anyone else have some wish lists?
Colt Banana

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby deadmandevilman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:55 am

Bring in quackenbush, Ultra Mantis Black, The Colony, Jigsaw vs any and all of the PWG regulars.
deadmandevilman

Postby Mr. Vegas » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:49 pm

Since DGUSA has a show the Friday night at Wrestle Reunion 6, I am guessing there might be some DGUSA wrestlers on the PWG show. Perhaps the return of Akira Tozawa?
Mr. Vegas

Postby BrianS » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Colt Banana wrote: I'd also like Nigel (I know I've brought him up before but if he's doing a retirement tour I absolutely want pwg to be a part of it) against Colt Cabana (whose almost definately gonna be there) I'd love a nice technical, british style match like they used to have in ROH back in the day.

That would be pretty awesome. Safe, too.

Steen & Tozawa vs The Rock n Roll Express :lol:
BrianS

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:04 pm

From what I heard the PWS show the night before the PWG show is the show that is gonna have all the legends on it. Most likely the non PWG regulars that are gonna be on the PWG show are dragon gate guys. Im hoping and I am praying that Johnny Gargano comes to PWG, and it would'nt be unrealistic considering he is a main eventer in Dragon Gate.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Also does anyone know if tickets are avlaible and where to buy them? Are they gonna be sold on this site or the wrestle reunion site?
eastbay510

Postby b2u » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:07 am

American Wolves vs. Dragon and Steen for the PWG World Tag Team Titles
CIMA and Tozawa vs. The Young Bucks
PAC and Yoshino vs. The RockNES Monsters vs. The Dynasty vs. The Super Smash Brothers
Future Shock vs. Shingo and YAMATO
Mack/Strong II
Trios Match: Fightin' Taylor Boys vs. Ronin??? Impossible? Possible? Maybe Chuckie T will tag out for both sides.
El Generico vs. Ricochet for the PWG World Title
b2u

Postby BOLA4ever » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:35 am

b2u wrote:American Wolves vs. Dragon and Steen for the PWG World Tag Team Titles
PAC and Yoshino vs. The RockNES Monsters vs. The Dynasty vs. The Super Smash Brothers
Mack/Strong II
Trios Match: Fightin' Taylor Boys vs. Ronin??? Impossible? Possible? Maybe Chuckie T will tag out for both sides.

thats an awesome card!
i actually wanna see TJP vs Willie Mack
BOLA4ever

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:08 am

b2u wrote:American Wolves vs. Dragon and Steen for the PWG World Tag Team Titles
Mack/Strong II

that is awesome! but we need steen & tozawa.
So Cal Punk

Postby ad.breed » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:31 pm

Maybe see Super Dragon and Davey Richards team up one more time? Although I'd love to see a match between the two of them.
ad.breed

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:46 pm

WrestleReunion just announced that El Generico, Kevin Steen, The Young Bucks, Colt Cabana, Roderick Strong, and Davey Richards will be competing on the Saturday Pro Wrestling Superstars show, so a lot of our ideal match ups of younger talent taking on the legends will more than likely be used for that show.
Lord Akiyama

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:06 pm

I just want to see Marty Jannetty. I say that every year though...
TigerDriver98

Postby El Asian » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:13 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:WrestleReunion just announced that El Generico, Kevin Steen, The Young Bucks, Colt Cabana, Roderick Strong, and Davey Richards will be competing on the Saturday Pro Wrestling Superstars show, so a lot of our ideal match ups of younger talent taking on the legends will more than likely be used for that show.

I have to wonder that because of that circumstances, is there really any point to run a Pro Wrestling Superstars show with guys working that show are usually PWG guys anyways as well as legends battle royal show? I actually would prefer if they turn the Pro Wrestling Superstars show into a PWG show instead and either still run a PWG show in the afternoon for an All Star Weekend or cancel the PWG show on Sunday and focus on finding a nice place to show Royal Rumble that day if a date has been confirmed yet, I don't think WWE has announced anything for Royal Rumble 2012 yet though

as for matches, I agree on the Marty Jannetty, I'd say if WrestleReunion didn't have some heat on Sean Waltman due to undisclosed reasons at the WrestleMania weekend last year, I would want the reunion Marty Jannetty and 123 Kid, who held the WWF tag titles for 7 days, and have a match against probably RockNES Monsters

also, I have a feeling DG guys would be used to a minimum for the PWG show, similar with ROH guys when they came over even those who are usually regular for PWG anyways, if there are DG guys, I expect Pac, Tozawa, and CIMA at least though I would like to see guys like YAMATO, Horiguchi, Dragon Kid, Yokosuka, Shingo, Doi, and Yoshino to work the PWG but I don't expect to see BxB Hulk, Rich Swann, Gargano, and some others to work the PWG show (unrelated note: I like to see DGUSA bring in Stalker Ichikawa and have him go for an open challenge against any legend at WrestleReunion, maybe Kevin Von Erich or Molly Holly at least)

one match I would love to see booked for the PWG show at least, Roderick Strong vs. Finlay
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Masato Yoshino, Pac and Dragon Kid vs. The Rock Nes Monsters and Chris Kadillak (Dragon Gate rules)
Shingo vs. Eddie Edwards
Roderick Strong Vs. Ricochet
Cima and Naruki Doi vs. The Super Smash Bros.
Ronin (Chuck Taylor and Johnny Gargano) vs. The Young Bucks
Akira Tozawa vs. Davey Richards
Future Shock vs. Kevin Steen and Super Dragon (PWG World Tag Team Titles)
Willie Mack vs. El Generico (PWG World Title match)
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:42 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Masato Yoshino, Pac and Dragon Kid vs. The Rock Nes Monsters and Chris Kadillak (Dragon Gate rules)
Shingo vs. Eddie Edwards
Roderick Strong Vs. Ricochet
Cima and Naruki Doi vs. The Super Smash Bros.
Ronin (Chuck Taylor and Johnny Gargano) vs. The Young Bucks
Akira Tozawa vs. Davey Richards
Future Shock vs. Kevin Steen and Super Dragon (PWG World Tag Team Titles)
Willie Mack vs. El Generico (PWG World Title match)

I blanked out, Future Shock just had a title shot, Id switch them with Cima and Doi, and have Future Shock vs. SSB and Cima/Doi go for the titles.
eastbay510

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 pm

El Asian wrote:
Lord Akiyama wrote:WrestleReunion just announced that El Generico, Kevin Steen, The Young Bucks, Colt Cabana, Roderick Strong, and Davey Richards will be competing on the Saturday Pro Wrestling Superstars show, so a lot of our ideal match ups of younger talent taking on the legends will more than likely be used for that show.

I have to wonder that because of that circumstances, is there really any point to run a Pro Wrestling Superstars show with guys working that show are usually PWG guys anyways as well as legends battle royal show? I actually would prefer if they turn the Pro Wrestling Superstars show into a PWG show instead and either still run a PWG show in the afternoon for an All Star Weekend or cancel the PWG show on Sunday and focus on finding a nice place to show Royal Rumble that day if a date has been confirmed yet, I don't think WWE has announced anything for Royal Rumble 2012 yet though

as for matches, I agree on the Marty Jannetty, I'd say if WrestleReunion didn't have some heat on Sean Waltman due to undisclosed reasons at the WrestleMania weekend last year, I would want the reunion Marty Jannetty and 123 Kid, who held the WWF tag titles for 7 days, and have a match against probably RockNES Monsters

also, I have a feeling DG guys would be used to a minimum for the PWG show, similar with ROH guys when they came over even those who are usually regular for PWG anyways, if there are DG guys, I expect Pac, Tozawa, and CIMA at least though I would like to see guys like YAMATO, Horiguchi, Dragon Kid, Yokosuka, Shingo, Doi, and Yoshino to work the PWG but I don't expect to see BxB Hulk, Rich Swann, Gargano, and some others to work the PWG show (unrelated note: I like to see DGUSA bring in Stalker Ichikawa and have him go for an open challenge against any legend at WrestleReunion, maybe Kevin Von Erich or Molly Holly at least)

one match I would love to see booked for the PWG show at least, Roderick Strong vs. Finlay

i kinda have to disagree with making the PWS show into a PWG show, cuz that's what last year was. it didn't really feel like a PWG show, so i completly understand the decision to make two separate shows for PWG & the ledgends.
So Cal Punk

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:22 am

If nothing else, I wanna see Matt Classic in either the WrestleRoyal or against one of the legends. :mrgreen:
Lord Akiyama

Postby highspots » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:06 pm

We appreciate all the ideas on matches. There is so much great talent there over the three days, I"m sure all shows will be great/unique from one another.

We did look into airing the PPV on Sunday at the hotel with the idea that admission into the PWG event would also give you the PPV as well. However, the hotel would charge us to bring in their equipment (not ours), we would pay for the corporate viewing of it (like a bar does), and then the projectors (again, have to be from the hotel AV) and the total charge was about $8000 with most of that being the AV hotel charges.

Holding the PWG event on Saturday afternoon was discussed now that the ROH talent is available, but its already a packed day for those attending for the autographs/pictures/convention and this year everything is in one giant ballroom at the Westin rather than two rooms at the Hilton.

It would have been our preference to only do shows on Friday and Saturday as well, but when ROH decided they didn't want to be involved any longer, we knew that we wanted to keep PWG as part of the weekend even if it meant Sunday. PWG didn't want to run a watered down show without all their regulars, so the only way we could guarantee it would be up to their standards was to have it on Sunday and fly any talent in that Sunday morning that would possibly be working on the ROH events Friday/Saturday. It turns out that ROH is off that weekend, but there is nearly 20 "legends" now booked to wrestle on Saturday already and fitting them all onto a PWG event would be problematic. For everyone on this board that just wants to see PWG, there is another person attending the convention that just wants to see the older legends one last time. All the ROH "fly ins" will work both Saturday and Sunday. Its also expected that PWG will use some of the guys on the DGUSA show from Friday as well.
highspots

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Apparently I'm getting my wish as the WrestleReunion admin "confirmed" the idea of Matt Classic in the WrestleRoyal. I can't wait to see the "renewed rivalries" that come out of that one. :mrgreen:
Lord Akiyama

Postby El Asian » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:55 pm

highspots wrote:We appreciate all the ideas on matches. There is so much great talent there over the three days, I"m sure all shows will be great/unique from one another.

We did look into airing the PPV on Sunday at the hotel with the idea that admission into the PWG event would also give you the PPV as well. However, the hotel would charge us to bring in their equipment (not ours), we would pay for the corporate viewing of it (like a bar does), and then the projectors (again, have to be from the hotel AV) and the total charge was about $8000 with most of that being the AV hotel charges.

Holding the PWG event on Saturday afternoon was discussed now that the ROH talent is available, but its already a packed day for those attending for the autographs/pictures/convention and this year everything is in one giant ballroom at the Westin rather than two rooms at the Hilton.

It would have been our preference to only do shows on Friday and Saturday as well, but when ROH decided they didn't want to be involved any longer, we knew that we wanted to keep PWG as part of the weekend even if it meant Sunday. PWG didn't want to run a watered down show without all their regulars, so the only way we could guarantee it would be up to their standards was to have it on Sunday and fly any talent in that Sunday morning that would possibly be working on the ROH events Friday/Saturday. It turns out that ROH is off that weekend, but there is nearly 20 "legends" now booked to wrestle on Saturday already and fitting them all onto a PWG event would be problematic. For everyone on this board that just wants to see PWG, there is another person attending the convention that just wants to see the older legends one last time. All the ROH "fly ins" will work both Saturday and Sunday. Its also expected that PWG will use some of the guys on the DGUSA show from Friday as well.

I see your point but if you guys can't get to air the PPV after the PWG show, there is a possibility that the PWG show could have a drop in attendance for their Sunday show due to the fact they would leave so they can catch the Royal Rumble instead of going to the PWG show and wrestlers working both the Superstars show and PWG show might get tired to work a show one night and then not getting enough rest to work a show the next day in the afternoon but there hasn't been much issue with that before although I understand this issue isn't you guys's fault but just due to confusing circumstances

curious question, with some DGUSA guys working the PWG show, will it be possible to get any of the WrestleReunion guests to work the PWG show like Vader, Harry Smith, or especially Finlay since he worked PWG before anyways
El Asian

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum