Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Steen Wolf takes place October 22!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Steen Wolf takes place October

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Ray Rosas vs Chris Kadillac please! These men work their asses off
Souf Centrol

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:37 pm

i'd like to see Adam Cole vs Ryan Taylor, cuz i'd be like Lucky Cannon (but better) vs Heath Slater (but better)
So Cal Punk

Postby BOLA4ever » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Another match added. Los Luchas will face The Dynasty at Steen Wolf.
BOLA4ever

Postby Matt Flash » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:29 pm

I'd like to see a 6-man match with Davey/Cole/O'Reilly vs. Bucks/I have no idea who they'd team with. But it'd be a great way to introduce them to a live PWG crowd (As I'm sure a fair amount know who they are already). I suppose they could do Davey vs. O'Reilly, but I think it'd be better for Future Shock as a team than in singles, at this stage.
Matt Flash

Postby El Asian » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:11 am

honestly, I think PWG will have Cole and O'Reilly against RockNES Monsters while Young Bucks defend the tag titles against the American Wolves but who knows, maybe PWG has other plans instead
El Asian

Postby Itchypanda » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:10 am

Ironic, we get Davey Richards on the undercard for Steen Wolf and Ring of Honor can't book their champ for one of their big shows (Death Before Dishonor IX).
Itchypanda

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Davey is working in Japan which is why he isn't on the ROH show this weekend which is why the Briscoes/ANX in a Ladder War and Edwards/Roddy are the two main matches.

Anyway, this could be a fun show. Steen/Generico in a Ladder Match could be one of the CRAZIEST matches in PWG history and after their match at BOLA I expect some sheer brutality to take place. Glad to see Chucky T back in PWG and he's always had good matches with Ricochet in the past so they could be a sleeper. Really wondering who Cole/O'Reilly are working. I hope they work a tag match but if they get put in against the Bucks you know they're not gonna win unless it's non title and could be a good way to introduce them to fans who haven't seen their work yet. Personally, i'd like to see Davey/Willie have a match especially after Willie worked Hero and Generico at BOLA and is someone who could be a main eventer in PWG if given the right build.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:12 am

so is going to be like a super no vacancy sell out or what?? i really want to go but that place is too damn small for some of the crowds PWG draws.

i hope cole & o'riley are booked for singles but if not i really hope we get CZW's adam cole. maybe they could be something like bosh & lost were, cole doing his thing & o'riley playing it straight.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Meltman » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:16 am

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:Got my tickets for the night! It's on!!! Ladder match and Chucky T!!! All we need is OMEGA and I'll be one happy camper!!!! PWG PWG PWG PWG PWG!!!!

Get the hint, stupid. No Omega, no WRP talent.

PWG is overcompensating with big matches because their idiotic message board fans assume the best every time. This board is a fine representation of a barnyard.
Meltman

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:48 am

Meltman wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:Got my tickets for the night! It's on!!! Ladder match and Chucky T!!! All we need is OMEGA and I'll be one happy camper!!!! PWG PWG PWG PWG PWG!!!!

PWG is overcompensating with big matches because their idiotic message board fans assume the best every time. This board is a fine representation of a barnyard.

Umm??? He wasn't complaining at all, he is just saying he wants to see a wrestler he likes, I constantly ask for Johnny Gargano on these fourms, and yet I do not consider myself an idoit. And I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion of PWG overcompensating, it is a perfect balance the way it is right now with the established guys and the young talent.
eastbay510

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:13 am

Meltman wrote:

WoW!!.. That was un-called for.. LoL!!
Don't listen to him DjEnergy... It's that time of the month for him :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:06 am

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
Meltman wrote:

WoW!!.. That was un-called for.. LoL!!
Don't listen to him DjEnergy... It's that time of the month for him :mrgreen:

Oh don't worry, he must have confused me with someone that gave a shit what he thought. *chuckles* Stupid assumptions that made him look like an ass.

I can still hope for what I want, when I want and whoever I want. Just like people hope for Super Dragon, I can hope for Tornado, Omega and anyone else I feel like. It's my freedom of self expression. So clarify to yourself, who the STUPID one is, for in this wall of words you won the honor of that title.

Cheers
DjEn3rgy21

Postby PWGnorthern » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Heeeey, Richards Vs Mack announced! I really like that match, im expecting now that Cole & O'Reilly to be in a tag match, baaah i just want the card announced!!!!
PWGnorthern

Postby Facetious » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Steen vs Generico - Ladder Match
Ricochet vs Chuck Taylor
Willie Mack vs Davey Richards...

Facetious

Postby BOLA4ever » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Three more SoCal newcomers will be making their debut at Steen Wolf. Famous B, Freddy Bravo, and Chris Kadillak are now on the card.
BOLA4ever

Postby Matt Flash » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Meltman wrote:

LOL yeah, and what would you rather they do? NOT put out the best card possible available to them just to prove a point?

These guys aren't contracted by PWG. They're booked on a show to show basis. Odd as it sounds, there's always the chance that PWG won't be able to book a Steen/Generico match for a while after this show. Davey won't be around all the time, if hardly at all I'm sure with his ROH and Japan commitments (I'd love to be wrong on this one, mind you), and the World title match is already set. And Mack is coming off a huge breakout at BOLA. It seems only natural that they put him in with Davey and see where he's at and what Davey can get out of him. PWG already tried to book Taylor/Ricochet once before and it didn't happen, so that's not a mind bottling decision or anything or over compensating. Neither of those guys are there for every show, or even on the same show together, for that matter. Aside from that, I don't really think it's a stacked show at all. Dynasty/Luchas has happened a lot of times before, just with diff. Dynasty variations. Same with Perkins vs. Romero. Having Cole/O'Reilly debut vs. Bucks is a perfect choice, and really seemingly the only option left unless more teams are signed that we don't know about yet.

Damn that went on forever, but the point is, really... the only thing that makes this card look stacked is the Ladder match. Everything else sounds great, but not blow your mind, epic dream match, insanely overboard great.
Matt Flash

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:43 am

Matt Flash wrote:These guys aren't contracted by PWG. They're booked on a show to show basis. Odd as it sounds, there's always the chance that PWG won't be able to book a Steen/Generico match for a while after this show. Davey won't be around all the time, if hardly at all I'm sure with his ROH and Japan commitments (I'd love to be wrong on this one, mind you), and the World title match is already set. And Mack is coming off a huge breakout at BOLA. It seems only natural that they put him in with Davey and see where he's at and what Davey can get out of him. PWG already tried to book Taylor/Ricochet once before and it didn't happen, so that's not a mind bottling decision or anything or over compensating. Neither of those guys are there for every show, or even on the same show together, for that matter. Aside from that, I don't really think it's a stacked show at all. Dynasty/Luchas has happened a lot of times before, just with diff. Dynasty variations. Same with Perkins vs. Romero. Having Cole/O'Reilly debut vs. Bucks is a perfect choice, and really seemingly the only option left unless more teams are signed that we don't know about yet.

Damn that went on forever, but the point is, really... the only thing that makes this card look stacked is the Ladder match. Everything else sounds great, but not blow your mind, epic dream match, insanely overboard great.

Exactly. The major drawing point of the card is the Steen/Generico Ladder Match. I wasn't sure if I wanted to attend the show but after hearing about the main event, I knew it would be a show I couldn't miss. Mix in the other matches announced thus far and you have a pretty solid card that you can expect from PWG but it's not gonna blow anyone out of the water. I'm intrested to see how fans react to some of the local talent that are gonna debut at this show. I've seen a little bit from Rosas and think he could be a good worker and even team with someone like Peter Avalon but I haven't seen a lot out of Bravo or Kadillak to make a judgement. Famous B could be someone that really gets over and could be a break out star in the near future. Hopefully they can put on good showings and get more booking in the future
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:33 am

PWG, have i told you how much i love you? i think i have, but i really really do love you.

i wanna lay you down by the fire
So Cal Punk

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:22 am

Candice LeRae, fuck yeah!
Facetious wrote:Image

agreed
So Cal Punk

Postby ozmania » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:28 am

From @OfficialPWG
Six-person tag team mayhem will open the show at Steen Wolf. Ray Rosas/Peter Avalon/Freddy Bravo vs Famous B/Chris Kadillak/Candice LeRae.
ozmania

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum