Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Steen Wolf takes place October 22!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Steen Wolf takes place October

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:46 am

HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOOOOLYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MARKED THE FUCK OUT!
BEST SHOW OF THE YEAR! NOTHING COMES CLOSE!
So Cal Punk

Postby camstun187 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:57 am

I WANT SOME GOD DAMNED RESULTS!!
camstun187

Postby PWG_Silverback » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:17 am

Full results from last night's action-packed card are available on the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Results Page.

There is also a DVD pre-order button on that page if you find that you can't wait the extra couple minutes for us to update the merch page!
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby DuckyChaos » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:14 pm

I'm gonna have to get that and the next show on DVD for sure.

How long does it normally take for the DVD of an event to be released?
DuckyChaos

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:09 pm

looks like the next show might br titles "fear"
So Cal Punk

Postby SlayJ » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:50 pm

I don't even know where to begin...

"Steen Wolf" was not only the highlight of 2011 for me, but it was probably the GREATEST DAMN TIME I've ever had at a live Pro Wrestling event! Everything from hanging out across the street before the show with all the early birds who were shitcanned by Larry to the EPIC moment of Super Dragon's return was pure awesomeness! I want to say THANK YOU to everybody involved (the wrestlers, the fans, the hot bartender chicks). This was as good as it gets!

Congrats to El Generico for once again winning the PWG title! It is well deserved! And a huge THANK YOU to Kevin Steen for absolutely OWNING IT this year! Their dedication to PWG and the hard work they put in deserves endless respect! And I will most definitely be putting their names down for any "Wrestler of the Year" awards that I vote for.

I'd elaborate on the other highlights of the show, but this post would reach book length. So just a couple of things...

The 6-person opener was total old school PWG FUN! And the locals all represented So Cal in a big way! Chris Kadillak is a really talented guy that I've followed for awhile in San Diego. Famous B and Ray Rosas as well. And it was awesome to see Candice back "Ballplexing" mofos! It was the perfect start to the show.

The RockNES Monsters are right there in the conversation with Generico and Steen as the PWG MVPs for 2011 IMO. It doesn't matter who they're facing on any given show. You just KNOW the match is gonna be great and they are going to work their asses off! And the Taylors brought their A-game as well. Speaking of the Taylor Boys, it is ALWAYS a plus to have Chuckie T on the card! He and Ricochet put on the perfect match for the spot they had on the show. As did the Dynasty and Los Luchas. Everybody was SPOT ON!

Huge props for The Bucks and Cole & O"Reilly! I was hoping to see Future Shock in a PWG ring for awhile and I could not be more stoked for how this match turned out. PWG definitely needs to bring them back (as well as the Super Smash Bros!). And I gotta give some love to Wille Mack and Davey Richards! They brought the stiff ass kicking like you knew they would!

Not much can be said about the ladder match (and the aftermath) to truly do it justice. It's 24 hours later and I'm still fired up about it. Those of us who were lucky enough to be there live were witness to greatness on all levels. I can only wonder what PWG is gonna do next. The bar has been raised! Bring on the next chapter!
SlayJ

Postby arizero » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:14 pm

Glad to hear this event turned out as well as it did. Couple of questions from those who were in attendance...

1. What star ratings would you give each match?

2. How would you compare this how to All Star Weekend 8 Night 2 (my current pick for PWG show of the year)?

3. TJ/Rocky and Dynasty/Luchas were the two matches I was worried might disappoint. How did everyone think these two matches turned out?

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to another PWG DVD purchase.
arizero

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:28 pm

arizero wrote:Glad to hear this event turned out as well as it did. Couple of questions from those who were in attendance...

2. How would you compare this how to All Star Weekend 8 Night 2 (my current pick for PWG show of the year)?

3. TJ/Rocky and Dynasty/Luchas were the two matches I was worried might disappoint. How did everyone think these two matches turned out?

i don't know about star ratings, but every match was awesome

this blow both nights of all star weekend & bola (my pick before this show) out of the mother fuckng water!

tj/rocky was a pretty fun match despite rocky getting a more face reaction than tj, despite rocky being the heel. dynasty/luchas was awesome, it was lucha libre rules & it was kinda like a lucha vs american wrestling story.
So Cal Punk

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:56 pm

That was the best PWG show Ive ever seen, everything except Perkins/Romero and Dynasty/Los Luchas was good to great.

The 6 man tag was a great way to start the show, Chris Kadalic did a sick sick spot, someone was sitting down leaning against the bottom turnbuckle, so Chris ran from the oposite one and hit a SHOOTING STAR SPEAR it was fucking insane, they all got the please come back chant, and deservingly so.

The Rock Nes/Taylors exceded my expectations by a huge margin, Im not a huge fan of the Taylors but I love the Rock Nes, and it turned to be a fantastic match. Johnny Yuma is getting a lot more confident out there, you can see how much he has improved over the last year.

Richards/Mack was the second best match of the night, Willie proved he can hang with the big boys, there were some awesome fighting spirit spots throughout this match. After the match Davey cut a promo putting over Willie Mack and the fans responded by giving him a more then well deserved standing ovation.

Ricochet/Taylor was very good, these two obviously know each other very well and it shows. Probally the best Taylor match Ive seen in PWG. These two just have amazing chemestry.

Future Shock/Young Bucks was the match of the night and the best tag match in PWG this year except Steen/Tozawa Vs. Generico/Ricochet. Adam and Kyle are so crisp in the ring and have a lot of good moves, they definatly deserve to be back, they also recieved a standing ovation.

The Ladder match: yes I have this as the third best match of this show, but that has to do with those 2 being amazing matches, but don't get me wrong this was FUCKING AWESOME!!! Im not gonna ruin any spots that happened, but Steen and Generico destroyed each other, it was brutal.

Spoiler: show
The Bucks came out with chairs and atacked Steen after they left El Generico climed the ladder and is your new champ! then The Bucks came back out and chalanged Steen to Guerilla Warefare, Steen agreed and then they starting talking shit about how he dosen't even have a partner, part of me thought Steen and Generico might team up again. Just then the lights go out, when they come back on Super Dragon is in the middle of the ring with one of the bucks in the curbstomp position!!! Holy shit, that was the loudest pop I have ever heard in that building. Dragon offered a handshake to Steen and they shook hands.

After everything was finished everyone chanted "show of the year", and it was. Steenwolf had everything; a hot but respectfull crowd, great wrestling, the local guys looked great, we got to see new debuts, 3 match of the year candidates, and a first time ladder match.

Thank you Excalabur, and everyone else involved in putting that show together, definatly worth the long drive from nor cal.
eastbay510

Postby SlayJ » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:06 pm

arizero wrote:Glad to hear this event turned out as well as it did. Couple of questions from those who were in attendance...

1) I don't have anything specific as far as snowflakes go, but I would say that pretty much everything was in the *** 1/2 to ***** range. TJP vs Rocky was probably the only match that didn't get to that level for me. But when the "worst" match on a show is as solid as that was, you're doing pretty damn good!

2) I think "Steen Wolf" was definitely better as a whole. ASW #2 had a great 2nd half and a few high points, but it can't match the overall atmosphere and action here.

3) Like I said before, TJP and Romero was a very solid wrestling match. It just wasn't as good as the rest of the card. I think they went a little longer than they should've and the crowd lost a bit of steam by the end. But that's a very minor criticism. As for the Dynasty/Luchas match, I really enjoyed it a lot. They had a fun tag match that had some great spots and didn't drag on too long. It was perfect for what it was and it fit in great with the flow of the show.

The bottom line is, everybody should order at least three copies of "Steen Wolf"....one to wear out your DVD player with, one to share with a friend, and one to put in a time capsule so that future generations can witness the best damn Wrestling on the planet!
SlayJ

Postby the.devil.himself » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:46 pm

crazy night.. most of the insane ringside spots were in the side where i was sitting.. had to change chairs 3 times..
the.devil.himself

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:34 pm

the.devil.himself wrote:crazy night.. most of the insane ringside spots were in the side where i was sitting.. had to change chairs 3 times..

i was right there too. seriously those poor chairs.
So Cal Punk

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum