Suggestions For PWG

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Suggestions For PWG

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed May 17, 2006 10:25 pm

After seeing a thread about bringing in Jimmy Rave, I thought that I could come up with some better ideas.

-Bring in Bull Pain. Full time. He'd be amazing. Watching him come out and smash shit with his baseball bat would be amazing. Plus he comes out to Eruption by Van Halen.

-Vader vs. Super Dragon. Imagine if Dragon made Vader's eye pop out again!

-A PWG Brawl For All tournament that would last two months. This could work really well.

-Lit & Deranged vs Hardkore Kidd 2

-A debate war. With Excalibur being one of the smartest(if not, THE smartest) men(or man) in professional wrestling, it'd be a nice way to showcase his skills. A Chris Bosh vs. Zokre debate about illegal aliens would also be interesting.

-A PWG King Of The Death Match tournament. This would also be really great.

-To add to an idea already presented earlier, Joey Ryan vs. Bull Pain for the PWG World Title with Bull Pain going over, cleanly. I'd love to see a year long Bull Pain title run. Bring in Mean Mitch Page too and have them face off in a PWG ring.

I really think the above suggestions would do PWG wonders for PWG's product and bring in more DVD sales.
SoCalAndy

Postby Chris. » Wed May 17, 2006 10:55 pm

Was that a joke :oops:

..I hope to god it was.
Chris.

Postby Aaron » Thu May 18, 2006 1:57 am

I prefer these ideas to bringing in Jimmy Rave. :lol:
Aaron

Re: Suggestions For PWG

Postby head_bump » Thu May 18, 2006 6:06 am

SoCalAndy wrote:-Lit & Deranged vs Hardkore Kidd 2

About time the greatest PWG match ever, happened again the DVD sales will blow through the rough people will flock for miles to see this match happen one more time.

:lol:
head_bump

Re: Suggestions For PWG

Postby Paul Burns » Thu May 18, 2006 11:15 am

head_bump wrote:
SoCalAndy wrote:-Lit & Deranged vs Hardkore Kidd 2

About time the greatest PWG match ever, happened again the DVD sales will blow through the rough people will flock for miles to see this match happen one more time.

:lol:

I LOVE that match. Freaken LOVE it.

And actually, I wouldn't mind a one-shot Vader/Super Dragon match, even if Vader is grossly out of prime
Paul Burns

Postby Lee » Thu May 18, 2006 11:56 am

All I want is entrances on dvds. Don't say they take them out because of the music.. 'cause every other promotion doesn't cut out entrances because of that. A wrestler is in character soon as the wrestler walks out the curtain.
Lee

Postby Suicidal Youth » Thu May 18, 2006 12:09 pm

PWG is actually doing the right thing by not showing the entrances.
Suicidal Youth

Postby Lee » Thu May 18, 2006 2:05 pm

Suicidal Youth wrote:PWG is actually doing the right thing by not showing the entrances.

How is that the right thing?
Lee

Postby SoCalAndy » Thu May 18, 2006 2:10 pm

Everybody needs to shut the fuck up about the entrances and deal with shit. They have been getting cut out from DVDs for two fucking years now and they're not coming back. Stop being bitches about it.
SoCalAndy

Postby Club Soda Kenny » Thu May 18, 2006 2:12 pm

Lee wrote:
Suicidal Youth wrote:PWG is actually doing the right thing by not showing the entrances.

How is that the right thing?

Do you want PWG to get sued and have to shut down?
Club Soda Kenny

Postby Chris. » Thu May 18, 2006 2:38 pm

By the way, i'm not bitching about it (as honestly watching the entrances doesn't bother me) but as Andy said 2 years did some of the older DVD's have entrances?

I got to see Joey Ryans entrance at COD7 and that's enough to keep me content. :)
Chris.

Postby PWG_Silverback » Thu May 18, 2006 2:41 pm

Lee wrote:All I want is entrances on dvds. Don't say they take them out because of the music.. 'cause every other promotion doesn't cut out entrances because of that. A wrestler is in character soon as the wrestler walks out the curtain.

Here's the final word on entrances: As part of our distribution deal, Highspots said "To avoid any potential legal complications, please remove any unlicensed material, i.e. entrance music, from the DVDs." Therefore, the entrances are edited out. This is not something we like doing, and we understand that "everybody else does it," but it's just part of our agreement with Highspots.

I've been meaning to create a FAQ thread, and this will be the number one entry, followed by lists of theme music and "Which show is the best?"
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby dxreydx » Thu May 18, 2006 5:47 pm

they should have Kanyon vs Supreme
dxreydx

Postby Big Joe » Thu May 18, 2006 6:18 pm

Chris. wrote:By the way, i'm not bitching about it (as honestly watching the entrances doesn't bother me) but as Andy said 2 years did some of the older DVD's have entrances?

Everything from 2003 did, as PWG didn't have their Highspots deal yet.

You're not missing much.
Big Joe

Postby dxreydx » Thu May 18, 2006 11:46 pm

entrances are like handjobs before sex who the fuck needs it?
dxreydx

Postby Aaron » Fri May 19, 2006 6:08 am

Entrances rule and are missed in their absense! If I was to download a match (in general I'm talking here) I much prefer the full entrance as it helps build to the match.

Suggestion: Get someone to do music for each of the wrestlers in-house like IPW:UK. Then you can use the entrances and nobody sues anybody. :)
Aaron

Postby JustJay » Fri May 19, 2006 8:15 am

The only time the entrance (and once in a while, promo) cutting is awkward are on the two DVDs PWG produced first, and Highspots re-edited once the distribution deal took place (Taste the Radness and 88MPH).

Like, I'm watching the Pearce/Kazarian title match on Taste the Radness and it literally goes like this..."1-2-3 GOODBYE FADE TO BLACK" - Pearce isn't even announced as the winner or new champion or anything...plus I heard there was an enormous promo after the match that got cut from the Highspots release.

Poor Adam Pearce, dude never gets any respect.
JustJay

Postby Paul Burns » Fri May 19, 2006 12:26 pm

dxreydx wrote:entrances are like handjobs before sex who the fuck needs it?

Sure its not absoloutely necessary but it still adds to the match. If they got someone to make custom music for the wrestlers that'd be cool. (aslong as it isn't the TNA sound producer, my god the generic shit themes TNA has)
Paul Burns

Postby SoCalAndy » Fri May 19, 2006 1:14 pm

Aaron wrote:Suggestion: Get someone to do music for each of the wrestlers in-house like IPW:UK. Then you can use the entrances and nobody sues anybody. :)

Too much work for very little payoff. It would cost too much money to produce quailty music, and it would take up way too much time. Who cares if some UK promotion does it, that's their shit not PWG's.

Now everyone shut up about the entrances and talk about bringing in Bull Pain.
SoCalAndy

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Fri May 19, 2006 1:47 pm

Bring in Supa Badd again. Dude was radd! He doesn't need an entrance to be badd and radd in supa form.
Rish To The Rosh

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum