Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby TelkEvolon » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:21 pm

I've had that complaint about almost every match this year. It might be a great match, but it means nothing on a random supercard show.

Reuniting Aries/Strong without anything happening, putting Steen against Geneico for pretty much no reason. Match after match with hardly any point or reason, then when the show ends, nothing really carries over, so even if something does happen, it doesn't matter at all.

I know PWG is the "side company" you watch while following another wrestling show, but I like to see a little more put into it.

This is the company that had Steen/Dragon & Hero/Tornado after all. We all know they can put it on when they want to.
"I'm ending your career! I'm ending your f*cking life!"

~ Kevin Steen
User avatar
TelkEvolon
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 am
Location: Australia

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby eldink » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:04 am

i think steen and generico was a make good for steen's absence the prior month and ki missing day one....it wasnt booked for the show originally
it is hard to book feuds when there are only six shows in eight months...aries now with tna is just one example of a monkey wrench that can derail a feud...we had back to back one match championship reigns due to other bookings,,,if there is a feud it needs to be rocknes vs taylors or something we can count on
rumor is they might add a mack vs punk wwe title match to the card
eldink
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:18 am

TelkEvolon wrote:I've had that complaint about almost every match this year. It might be a great match, but it means nothing on a random supercard show.

Reuniting Aries/Strong without anything happening, putting Steen against Geneico for pretty much no reason. Match after match with hardly any point or reason, then when the show ends, nothing really carries over, so even if something does happen, it doesn't matter at all.

I know PWG is the "side company" you watch while following another wrestling show, but I like to see a little more put into it.

This is the company that had Steen/Dragon & Hero/Tornado after all. We all know they can put it on when they want to.


PWG is a side company? Excuse me, some of us don't watch the crap on TV, to me personally, TNA or WWE are side companies that I might occasionally watch. PWG is the main company. Fuck Sports Entertainment and their stupid ass story lines.
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby Matt Flash » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:19 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:
TelkEvolon wrote:I've had that complaint about almost every match this year. It might be a great match, but it means nothing on a random supercard show.

Reuniting Aries/Strong without anything happening, putting Steen against Geneico for pretty much no reason. Match after match with hardly any point or reason, then when the show ends, nothing really carries over, so even if something does happen, it doesn't matter at all.

I know PWG is the "side company" you watch while following another wrestling show, but I like to see a little more put into it.

This is the company that had Steen/Dragon & Hero/Tornado after all. We all know they can put it on when they want to.


PWG is a side company? Excuse me, some of us don't watch the crap on TV, to me personally, TNA or WWE are side companies that I might occasionally watch. PWG is the main company. Fuck Sports Entertainment and their stupid ass story lines.

I think he meant ROH, or even CHIKARA to be honest. PWG, rightfully so, gets the super card stigma. And they don't seem to have a problem with it, because that's how it's been since '09 to me when London came in. There have been less storylines and more just one-off amazing matches. And there's nothing wrong with that, because PWG is bringing in some of their gates to date. Will it work forever? No. But I don't know when it will really stop working, either.

And the GenNext reunion isn't a one-off. They've got Strong/Shelley teaming up at the Anniversary show. They're trying follow through on the booking they initially intended.

And for anyone who gets on me for the CHIKARA comment, they are running constant storylines, and on the whole, that kind of promotion is going to be easier to get into and follow. With super shows, you can skip one that doesn't get an insanely good review.But if you're a promotion with storylines, you can always have angle developments happening that makes you NOT want to miss a single show. Not saying PWG needs to do that, 'cause again, they're doing just fine with their current business model. Just different strokes for different folks, I guess.
User avatar
Matt Flash
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:37 am
Location: Oxnard

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:10 pm

No I think he really did mean that PWG is a side show to TNA or WWE. Even if he did mean Chikara or ROH, how are they main shows and PWG is a side show?

PWG is better then Chikara or ROH. ROH might as well be called NWA now and Chikara, oh well they have good wrestling but the holy poop chant is obviously suggesting to what age category the product is geared to. I will stick with PWG and the adult humor plus best wrestling in America right now.
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:04 am

My front row is secured!!!! I get to see PAC that's all I really bloody care about!!!!!
What's Your Core?
"OLE!" - El Generico
ULTRA COMBOOOO BUSTER!!!! K.O!!!!
ImageImage
#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
User avatar
DjEn3rgy21
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Front row is sold out!!!!!!! I'm glad I picked up mine a while ago. I'm not going to miss this one!!!!! PWGKliq will be there in full force that night!!!
What's Your Core?
"OLE!" - El Generico
ULTRA COMBOOOO BUSTER!!!! K.O!!!!
ImageImage
#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
User avatar
DjEn3rgy21
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby maxx powerz » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:47 am

krayzie Bone wrote:No I think he really did mean that PWG is a side show to TNA or WWE. Even if he did mean Chikara or ROH, how are they main shows and PWG is a side show?

PWG is better then Chikara or ROH. ROH might as well be called NWA now and Chikara, oh well they have good wrestling but the holy poop chant is obviously suggesting to what age category the product is geared to. I will stick with PWG and the adult humor plus best wrestling in America right now.


PWG is a side show because they put on a show per month on average and have no storylines. If you are relying on PWG to be your main source of wrestling you are REALLY putting a limit on how much much wrestling you are watching.

I'm sure there's a hundred or so hardcore SoCal PWG fans that disagree with the original posters sentiment, but I can't imagine too many people besides that who would disagree him.
maxx powerz
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:19 am

I don't care about story lines, I like hard hitting, innovative wrestling and that is what PWG provides. And I don't just watch PWG, I watch other Indies but I try not to watch the crap on TV.
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby fatallylost » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:07 am

But.. there in-lies the issue. You. Everyone has their opinions, likes, dislikes, but, just because I say RC cola is the number 1 cola in the world, doesn't mean it is. Just to me, and those who may think the same.

I love PWG. It's the only thing I regularly pay to see. But, 10-12 shows a year is low for a relatively big, if not one of the top 3-4 indy names. Small promotions in the LA area put on weekly shows, and a special attraction just about every month. Now, don't get me wrong, for the shit amount of money I make, 1 show a month works just fine. But, you have to consider other things/people in the world outside of your own preferences. Trust me, I know how much that sucks. If people thought more like me, there'd be about 150% less douchebags in the world, but, 200% more lazy I-don't-really-give-a-shit'ers.

I'm just sayin.
#PWGkliq #IWLCrew #NobodieCares #GooniesNeverDie
User avatar
fatallylost
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 5:19 pm
Location: La Puente, CA

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm

fatallylost wrote:But.. there in-lies the issue. You. Everyone has their opinions, likes, dislikes, but, just because I say RC cola is the number 1 cola in the world, doesn't mean it is. Just to me, and those who may think the same.

I love PWG. It's the only thing I regularly pay to see. But, 10-12 shows a year is low for a relatively big, if not one of the top 3-4 indy names. Small promotions in the LA area put on weekly shows, and a special attraction just about every month. Now, don't get me wrong, for the shit amount of money I make, 1 show a month works just fine. But, you have to consider other things/people in the world outside of your own preferences. Trust me, I know how much that sucks. If people thought more like me, there'd be about 150% less douchebags in the world, but, 200% more lazy I-don't-really-give-a-shit'ers.

I'm just sayin.


I know what you mean and like I said I don't just watch PWG, I buy many DVD's of other Indy promotions. Its just when a dude said that PWG is a side show it sounded somewhat disrespectful. When someone says "side show" I interpret it as "not good enough" I think its safe to say that PWG is one of the best promotions on earth, (given the fact we appreciate good indy) Now just because PWG runs seldom, is the phrase "side show" really appropriate? I don't think so. There is a promotion out there that runs once or twice a year, but I love it so much that I will never say it is a side show for me.
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:28 am

[quote="fatallylost" but, 200% more lazy I-don't-really-give-a-shit'ers.

I'm just sayin.[/quote]
We're called Stoners mate :P


You hit the nail on the head. To many people trying to decided opinions for everyone else and not enough understanding to each their own.
What's Your Core?
"OLE!" - El Generico
ULTRA COMBOOOO BUSTER!!!! K.O!!!!
ImageImage
#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
User avatar
DjEn3rgy21
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby fatallylost » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:01 am

krayzie Bone wrote:I know what you mean and like I said I don't just watch PWG, I buy many DVD's of other Indy promotions. Its just when a dude said that PWG is a side show it sounded somewhat disrespectful. When someone says "side show" I interpret it as "not good enough" I think its safe to say that PWG is one of the best promotions on earth, (given the fact we appreciate good indy) Now just because PWG runs seldom, is the phrase "side show" really appropriate? I don't think so. There is a promotion out there that runs once or twice a year, but I love it so much that I will never say it is a side show for me.


I suppose I can see that. I've grown to think of "side shows" as shows that go on besides the main attraction. Like at concerts and whatnot.

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:We're called Stoners mate :P


You hit the nail on the head. To many people trying to decided opinions for everyone else and not enough understanding to each their own.


I consider myself part of the don't give a shit'ers, but am not a pothead.
#PWGkliq #IWLCrew #NobodieCares #GooniesNeverDie
User avatar
fatallylost
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 5:19 pm
Location: La Puente, CA

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:08 pm

I can count good wrestling promotions on my one hand and that is precisely because fans "don't give a shit" May be if fans did give a shit like in the days of old ECW, we would have more good wrestling out there. Actually I wish I was a pothead, this way everything becomes meaningless and life is a big joke lol

But unfortunately I'm not a pothead and thus I take things seriously and care about things, have high morals and can never feel indifferent.
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:42 pm

fatallylost wrote:I consider myself part of the don't give a shit'ers, but am not a pothead.

lol that sounds almost painful for a second haha but I know what you mean. And you're not a pothead, but sit next to us and you'll get contact high hahaha jk



Is it July 23rd yet? I'm counting the days!!! I'm happy I got my front row again. I haven't been this excited in a while.
What's Your Core?
"OLE!" - El Generico
ULTRA COMBOOOO BUSTER!!!! K.O!!!!
ImageImage
#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
User avatar
DjEn3rgy21
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby krayzie Bone » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:31 am

These people also don't give a shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkGP7s0S ... r_embedded
Sports Entertainment Sucks
krayzie Bone
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:41 am

Those videos, I don't like them.

Highly anticipating the anni show and I desperately need to find a way to the west coast for PWG. Or PWG needs to come to me. 8)
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's EIGHT on July 23 Gets Even Bigger!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

North Hollywood, CA -As if Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's eighth anniversary event, EIGHT, wasn't already special enough, we have a late addition to the lineup that makes things a little more noteworthy: Dragon Gate's CIMA will be making his Pro Wrestling Guerrilla return on July 23, 2011 at EIGHT!

It was just a few weeks ago at All Star Weekend 8 that the fans of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla bid farewell to Akira Tozawa, the Dragon Gate star that was on a one year learning excursion in the United States. While his fans, and most of his fellow wrestlers, were more than willing to give the respect and thanks due to Tozawa for his contributions to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in the last year, two men were a bit... reluctant. In fact, the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Tag Team Champions Matt and Nick Jackson were so offended by what they felt as Akira Tozawa stealing the spotlight from the world's premiere tag team that they attacked Tozawa after his tough tag team contest with the RockNES Monsters. Though Chris Hero and Kevin Steen were eventually able to run off The Young Bucks, the lack of respect from the champions was clear. To make matters worse, the Bucks were telling everyone that would listen, and many that wouldn't, about how they ran roughshod over every tag team they faced in Dragon Gate, and the only reason they left was because there was "no competition."

Once word, and footage, of The Young Bucks disrespect toward both Tozawa and Dragon Gate reached Japan, the outrage was palpable. CIMA reached out to the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors and asked, not for a shot at the World Tag Team Championship, but for a shot at the "boys that call themselves men." Unfortunately for CIMA, the lineup for EIGHT was already announced, and The Young Bucks were slated the defend the titles against Joey Ryan and Scorpio Sky, newly reunited as The Dynasty. However, Joey and Sky have had their fair share of run ins with Matt and Nick Jackson in the past, and knew just how easily the Bucks can get under someone's skin, so they graciously stepped aside to allow CIMA to take aim at The Young Bucks in a non-title match! The Dynasty will receive their title shot at the next Pro Wrestling Guerrilla event.

One part of the plan was complete for CIMA, but he still needed a partner. Akira Tozawa would be a natural choice, but having just recently returned to Japan, and fighting tooth and nail with Shingo Takagi means he would be unable to return. But if not Tozawa, why not his tag team partner, "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen? Though Steen is already slated to face "The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC, he has agreed to team with CIMA to not only defend the honor of his friend Akira Tozawa, but to also get his hands around the scrawny little necks of The Young Bucks one more time. Once again, Kevin Steen will be wrestling twice in the same night out of not just love of the sport, but also for the love of beating people up. Perhaps it's time to change his nickname to "Mr. The Hardest Working Man in Professional Wrestling?"



Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's EIGHT takes place on Saturday, July 23 at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. General Admission tickets are still available, and can be purchased online at the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla ticket page. EIGHT is scheduled to feature:

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
Claudio Castagnoli (Champion) vs. Davey Richards (Challenger)

Non-Title Tag Team Grudge Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. CIMA & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Dream Rematch I
Chris Hero vs. Low Ki

Tag Team Match
El Generico & Ricochet vs. Alex Shelley & Roderick Strong

Dream Rematch II
"The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Tag Team Match
The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

Singles Match
Brian Cage-Taylor vs. Brandon Gatson

Singles Match
"Pretty" Peter Avalon vs. Ryan Taylor




Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's EIGHT takes place Saturday, July 23, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are sold out, and General Admission tickets are $25. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on July 19, 2011, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the premises. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
User avatar
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:06 pm
Location: Hollywood, CA

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby eldink » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:49 pm

very nice
eldink
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby luca brasi » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:13 pm

O M G !!!!
luca brasi
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests