Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby El Asian » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:41 am

sucks about the circumstances but I agree that they should have kept Claudio vs. Richards and put Hero against CIMA but that only leaves the questions on who the Young Bucks to face
El Asian

Postby SlayJ » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:36 pm

A bummer about Low Ki, especially since this is the second time in the past three shows that he's been advertised and couldn't make it. Whatever the issue is, I hope it's nothing serious. As for the 3-way, it looks to be a big disadvantage on paper for Davey. And while that in itself could present some intriguing developments, what are the chances of bringing in Eddie Edwards and making this a 4-way with each member of The Kings of Wrestling and The American Wolves fighting for a singles title? Coming on the heels of Davey beating Eddie for the ROH strap, this would be a great opportunity to potentially see the two square off here on the West Coast. And with Claudio and Hero recently battling it out, there would be as much inter-team rivilry going on here as there is between the two duos. If it's possible in any way to make this happen, I'd love to see it
SlayJ

Postby Mr. Vegas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 pm

SlayJ wrote:A bummer about Low Ki, especially since this is the second time in the past three shows that he's been advertised and couldn't make it. Whatever the issue is, I hope it's nothing serious. As for the 3-way, it looks to be a big disadvantage on paper for Davey. And while that in itself could present some intriguing developments, what are the chances of bringing in Eddie Edwards and making this a 4-way with each member of The Kings of Wrestling and The American Wolves fighting for a singles title? Coming on the heels of Davey beating Eddie for the ROH strap, this would be a great opportunity to potentially see the two square off here on the West Coast. And with Claudio and Hero recently battling it out, there would be as much inter-team rivilry going on here as there is between the two duos. If it's possible in any way to make this happen, I'd love to see it

It would be great to see, but I thought someone said Eddie Edwards is in Japan during the time of this show.
Mr. Vegas

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Yeah I was never a big fan of three day dances. Hero's opponent should have been a replacement for Low Ki, putting him a three day with Claudio and Richards doesn't really make sense. Plus we are down to seven matches now, which makes it feel like a smaller show. Low Ki's replacement wouldn't have to be a big name, just someone who is good. I don't know why PWG didn't do it, but oh well.
krayzie Bone

Postby The Franchise13 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:05 am

No.....

I was really hoping to see Low Ki vs Chris Hero live....so close yet so far away.
The Franchise13

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:13 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:No.....

I was really hoping to see Low Ki vs Chris Hero live....so close yet so far away.

Yes me too. That is one match I really wanted to see again and waited long time to see this rematch. Low Ki needs a solid replacement, The three way dance is so 90's lol
krayzie Bone

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Awww!!! :x
What a "bust!"... I agree with everyone that the main-event should remain Claudio-Richards instead of a 3way...
Forget the fact that 3way's are 'played-out', but who did Hero beat to earn this shot?..
He had his shot at ASW8 and despite many wanting a re-match, the bottom line is he lost and the dude has to earn his way back up.
Hero should have been given a replacement, straight n simple.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby SlayJ » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Well if the plan does wind up being that the braintrust in PWG wants to find a new opponent for Hero, I hear that there's this CM Punk kid making some waves on the East Coast. Maybe give him a shot.

Of course, I completely realize it's a ridiculous longshot for that to happen. Especially less than a week after this Sunday's PPV. But then again, who really thought that The American Dragon would be mixing it up with Roddy Strong in PWG a year ago while being showered by neck ties? I suppose the eternal optimist in me loves the thought that ANYTHING is possible. And Punk vs Hero in 2011 would rule like nobody's business!! But yeah, I'm not holding my breath or anything.
SlayJ

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Oh hell yeah Punk vs Hero would be awesome, they had so many great matches in the past, but never in PWG. Plus I always give Punk so much shit when he wrestles.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:15 pm

honestly, depends if they can secure Punk for Eight although if PWG announced Punk vs. Hero somewhere after Sunday, people should be prepared to see a shit load of people being crammed into the Reseda building, maybe even worse than Seven though personally, I think I would prefer having Chris Hero take on CIMA and then have another tag team, maybe have Ryo Saito and Genki Horiguchi, keeping it part of Blood Warriors involved, take on the Bucks instead but I think one reason why Hero is in the match with Claudio and Richards might be because Eight might end up being Hero and Claudio's final PWG appearance

and as much as I would have hoped PWG to run a show this weekend, it was definitely for the better for PWG to run Eight next weekend instead of this weekend due to Carmageddon
El Asian

Postby Whoblehwah » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:47 pm

I kind of think it would've been cool if they made Hero vs. CIMA, took Steen and CIMA out of the tag match, and turned it into Bucks/TFTB vs. The Dynasty/The RockNES Monster in an 8-man tag. Would've been cool to see.
Whoblehwah

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:27 am

Whoblehwah wrote:I kind of think it would've been cool if they made Hero vs. CIMA, took Steen and CIMA out of the tag match, and turned it into Bucks/TFTB vs. The Dynasty/The RockNES Monster in an 8-man tag. Would've been cool to see.

IDK man, that would kind of ruin the story of when the Bucks jumped Tozawa. I think they should have still found a replacement.

Like Hero vs someone else. I'm sure there are people open for bookings still. What about Matt Cross. Or if Evans is still around if he's allowed to come back to PWG. That would be sick.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby krayzie Bone » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:45 pm

So its unanimous. Take Hero out of the main event. lol
krayzie Bone

Postby CheMateo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:18 pm

SlayJ wrote:Well if the plan does wind up being that the braintrust in PWG wants to find a new opponent for Hero, I hear that there's this CM Punk kid making some waves on the East Coast. Maybe give him a shot.
That would be cool like when Cabana got released and the next night was at Express Written Consent. Although it would be a difference of six days. We can dream. But by the sound of things Punk is just burnt out and wants to rest.

Really there is no need to even talk about flying anyone else in to face Hero. CIMA is there and would have been the perfect opponent. CIMA/Hero would have been a fine substitute for Hero/Ki II. Now it seems like there may be no possibility of seeing CIMA/Hero with the Hero being WWE bound.
CheMateo

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 pm

low ki shure has a lot of personal problems. i thnk this is a conspiracy to keep me from seeing low ki live. all star weekend 8 night 1 no show, he went to night 2, which i didn't go to. now no low ki at eight (which seriously should've been called the ocho) which i plan on attending :x
So Cal Punk

Postby SlayJ » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Alright, so let's get in to it!

Singles Match
"Pretty" Peter Avalon vs. Ryan Taylor
Singles Match
Brian Cage-Taylor vs. Brandon Gatson

(Lets kill two birds with one rock. As much as I do appreciate the talent of all these guys, I really don't need two random Taylor Boys singles matches on this show. The whole "Fightin' Taylor Boys" gimmick has honestly been a bust since the promising debut. And this would be a good opportunity to put together a solid tag team opener that could give them some momentum. I don't have a clue whether or not Willie Mack is booked elsewhere this Saturday, but having him and Gatson against the Taylors would be great! I mean, if the Taylors could defeat a DDT worthy team, it would give them some credibility going forward. Or bring in Johnny Paradise to team with Avalon. Have a couple up and coming heel teams trying to outcheat each other for our amusment. But yeah, as it stands right now, these matches are fine but meaningless

Tag Team Match
The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)
(I wasn't very excited to see Ryan and Scorp going for the straps this soon since I don't think they really have the fans invested in them yet. So this matchup looks much better to me and should be loads of fun. And since most everyone probably figures that this bout will be used to simply elevate the Dynasty, I'm hoping that RockNES gets the upset and another title shot against the Bucks.)

Dream Rematch
"The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen
(I've never had the pleasure to see Pac wrestle live yet, so I am majorly excited to see this rematch. Their first encounter was such a well built and executed match and both guys have improved a lot since then. Steen has been on fire and Pac is much more well rounded now. So this should be tremendous!!!! Not much else to say but FUCK YEAH!)

Tag Team Match
El Generico & Ricochet vs. Alex Shelley & Roderick Strong
(Ok, something's gotta give. On paper this match is electric! Hard-hitting, high-flying, mat wrestling goodness drips from every pore. But I just need to know what the deal is with Generico and Ricochet. One week they're rivals, the next they're a team. My guess is that the implosion happens this Saturday and we finally build up to the re-match between Ole' and O'chet. Gen Next with the victory.)

Non-Title Tag Team Grudge Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. CIMA & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen
(I friggin' LOVE that Cima is taking up for Akira Tozawa and crossing the goddamn ocean to beat the crap out of the Young Bucks! And something tells me Steen might whip a little ass himself. This is the kind of match that makes sick bastards like me smile! Expect chaos, my friends!)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Three-Way Match
Claudio Castagnoli (Champion) vs. Davey Richards (Challenger) vs. Chris Hero (Challenger)
( I don't really buy it. Sure, it's three badass mofos going for the PWG championship. Sure, this may be our last chance to see Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli in a PWG ring together. But why not find another worthy singles match for Hero? And I know I've already brought this up. But I'm sure there's somebody out there who's out of a job right now that could use a little healthy competition. I'm sure there's a guy (unlike myself) that would rather spend his Saturday night kicking ass than getting drunk. Let's face it, there are still plenty of Cubs games left this season to go see. But there are only a few rare opportunities to see CHRIS HERO and CM PUNK go 90 minutes! and this Saturday evening should be one of those opportunities!! ;)

Just three days to go!!! Hell yeah!
SlayJ

Postby fatallylost » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:06 pm

SlayJ wrote:Alright, so let's get in to it!

Singles Match
Singles Match

(Lets kill two birds with one rock. As much as I do appreciate the talent of all these guys, I really don't need two random Taylor Boys singles matches on this show. The whole "Fightin' Taylor Boys" gimmick has honestly been a bust since the promising debut. And this would be a good opportunity to put together a solid tag team opener that could give them some momentum. I don't have a clue whether or not Willie Mack is booked elsewhere this Saturday, but having him and Gatson against the Taylors would be great! I mean, if the Taylors could defeat a DDT worthy team, it would give them some credibility going forward. Or bring in Johnny Paradise to team with Avalon. Have a couple up and coming heel teams trying to outcheat each other for our amusment. But yeah, as it stands right now, these matches are fine but meaningless

Tag Team Match
The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)
(I wasn't very excited to see Ryan and Scorp going for the straps this soon since I don't think they really have the fans invested in them yet. So this matchup looks much better to me and should be loads of fun. And since most everyone probably figures that this bout will be used to simply elevate the Dynasty, I'm hoping that RockNES gets the upset and another title shot against the Bucks.)

Dream Rematch
(I've never had the pleasure to see Pac wrestle live yet, so I am majorly excited to see this rematch. Their first encounter was such a well built and executed match and both guys have improved a lot since then. Steen has been on fire and Pac is much more well rounded now. So this should be tremendous!!!! Not much else to say but FUCK YEAH!)

Tag Team Match
(Ok, something's gotta give. On paper this match is electric! Hard-hitting, high-flying, mat wrestling goodness drips from every pore. But I just need to know what the deal is with Generico and Ricochet. One week they're rivals, the next they're a team. My guess is that the implosion happens this Saturday and we finally build up to the re-match between Ole' and O'chet. Gen Next with the victory.)

(I friggin' LOVE that Cima is taking up for Akira Tozawa and crossing the goddamn ocean to beat the crap out of the Young Bucks! And something tells me Steen might whip a little ass himself. This is the kind of match that makes sick bastards like me smile! Expect chaos, my friends!)

Claudio Castagnoli (Champion) vs. Davey Richards (Challenger) vs. Chris Hero (Challenger)
( I don't really buy it. Sure, it's three badass mofos going for the PWG championship. Sure, this may be our last chance to see Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli in a PWG ring together. But why not find another worthy singles match for Hero? And I know I've already brought this up. But I'm sure there's somebody out there who's out of a job right now that could use a little healthy competition. I'm sure there's a guy (unlike myself) that would rather spend his Saturday night kicking ass than getting drunk. Let's face it, there are still plenty of Cubs games left this season to go see. But there are only a few rare opportunities to see CHRIS HERO and CM PUNK go 90 minutes! and this Saturday evening should be one of those opportunities!! ;)

Willie is in Germany/Europe currently.
fatallylost

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:52 am

IT'S THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm freakin excited!!!! PWG! PWG! PWG!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Matt Flash » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:44 am

Singles Match
Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Dream Rematch

Tag Team Match

You just answered your own question. Ki was announced as out 11 days before the show (That's a hell of a personal issue to last a week and a half, or have the kind of foresight to know it'll happen in a week and a half........) and this seems like the only time PWG hasn't gone out of their way to bring in a huge name on short notice. How about we cut them some slack for once and just accept that PWG can't perform miracles EVERY TIME a shitty situation comes up. Claudio vs. Davey vs. Hero is going to be just fine. You know they're going to try twice as hard to make up for the disappointment of Ki not showing up. The match is going to be stiff as hell, action packed, and we're going to go crazy for it just like we have been for a while now at the live shows. Chill out guys.
Matt Flash

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:28 am

Matt Flash wrote:

Singles Match
Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Dream Rematch

Tag Team Match

You just answered your own question. Ki was announced as out 11 days before the show (That's a hell of a personal issue to last a week and a half, or have the kind of foresight to know it'll happen in a week and a half........) and this seems like the only time PWG hasn't gone out of their way to bring in a huge name on short notice. How about we cut them some slack for once and just accept that PWG can't perform miracles EVERY TIME a shitty situation comes up. Claudio vs. Davey vs. Hero is going to be just fine. You know they're going to try twice as hard to make up for the disappointment of Ki not showing up. The match is going to be stiff as hell, action packed, and we're going to go crazy for it just like we have been for a while now at the live shows. Chill out guys.

This is exactly how I feel about this situation. When have any of these guys ever disappointed in a match? Sure, maybe we're never going to get that Ki/Hero rematch we've so desperately wanted for almost 3 years, but I'm sure with the talent all three of these guys have, along with the fact that they'll bring their "A" games, this match will probably tear the house down.
AmericanWolvesMark

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum