Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby ajday » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:24 am

AmericanWolvesMark wrote:
Matt Flash wrote:
SlayJ wrote:Alright, so let's get in to it!

Singles Match
"Pretty" Peter Avalon vs. Ryan Taylor
Singles Match
Brian Cage-Taylor vs. Brandon Gatson

(Lets kill two birds with one rock. As much as I do appreciate the talent of all these guys, I really don't need two random Taylor Boys singles matches on this show. The whole "Fightin' Taylor Boys" gimmick has honestly been a bust since the promising debut. And this would be a good opportunity to put together a solid tag team opener that could give them some momentum. I don't have a clue whether or not Willie Mack is booked elsewhere this Saturday, but having him and Gatson against the Taylors would be great! I mean, if the Taylors could defeat a DDT worthy team, it would give them some credibility going forward. Or bring in Johnny Paradise to team with Avalon. Have a couple up and coming heel teams trying to outcheat each other for our amusment. But yeah, as it stands right now, these matches are fine but meaningless

Tag Team Match
The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)
(I wasn't very excited to see Ryan and Scorp going for the straps this soon since I don't think they really have the fans invested in them yet. So this matchup looks much better to me and should be loads of fun. And since most everyone probably figures that this bout will be used to simply elevate the Dynasty, I'm hoping that RockNES gets the upset and another title shot against the Bucks.)

Dream Rematch
"The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen
(I've never had the pleasure to see Pac wrestle live yet, so I am majorly excited to see this rematch. Their first encounter was such a well built and executed match and both guys have improved a lot since then. Steen has been on fire and Pac is much more well rounded now. So this should be tremendous!!!! Not much else to say but FUCK YEAH!)

Tag Team Match
El Generico & Ricochet vs. Alex Shelley & Roderick Strong
(Ok, something's gotta give. On paper this match is electric! Hard-hitting, high-flying, mat wrestling goodness drips from every pore. But I just need to know what the deal is with Generico and Ricochet. One week they're rivals, the next they're a team. My guess is that the implosion happens this Saturday and we finally build up to the re-match between Ole' and O'chet. Gen Next with the victory.)

Non-Title Tag Team Grudge Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. CIMA & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen
(I friggin' LOVE that Cima is taking up for Akira Tozawa and crossing the goddamn ocean to beat the crap out of the Young Bucks! And something tells me Steen might whip a little ass himself. This is the kind of match that makes sick bastards like me smile! Expect chaos, my friends!)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Three-Way Match
Claudio Castagnoli (Champion) vs. Davey Richards (Challenger) vs. Chris Hero (Challenger)
( I don't really buy it. Sure, it's three badass mofos going for the PWG championship. Sure, this may be our last chance to see Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli in a PWG ring together. But why not find another worthy singles match for Hero? And I know I've already brought this up. But I'm sure there's somebody out there who's out of a job right now that could use a little healthy competition. I'm sure there's a guy (unlike myself) that would rather spend his Saturday night kicking ass than getting drunk. Let's face it, there are still plenty of Cubs games left this season to go see. But there are only a few rare opportunities to see CHRIS HERO and CM PUNK go 90 minutes! and this Saturday evening should be one of those opportunities!! ;)

Just three days to go!!! Hell yeah!

You just answered your own question. Ki was announced as out 11 days before the show (That's a hell of a personal issue to last a week and a half, or have the kind of foresight to know it'll happen in a week and a half........) and this seems like the only time PWG hasn't gone out of their way to bring in a huge name on short notice. How about we cut them some slack for once and just accept that PWG can't perform miracles EVERY TIME a shitty situation comes up. Claudio vs. Davey vs. Hero is going to be just fine. You know they're going to try twice as hard to make up for the disappointment of Ki not showing up. The match is going to be stiff as hell, action packed, and we're going to go crazy for it just like we have been for a while now at the live shows. Chill out guys.

This is exactly how I feel about this situation. When have any of these guys ever disappointed in a match? Sure, maybe we're never going to get that Ki/Hero rematch we've so desperately wanted for almost 3 years, but I'm sure with the talent all three of these guys have, along with the fact that they'll bring their "A" games, this match will probably tear the house down.

I agree with MattFlash and AmericanWolvesMark. It sucks, but give them time to try to impress you before you rain on the PWG parade of ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing that match on DVD just because I want to see how it plays out with Claudio and Hero possibly going to the WWE and with Davey being the ROH champ. It's going to be interesting to see how the match ends.
ajday

Postby SlayJ » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Matt Flash wrote:

Singles Match
Singles Match

(Lets kill two birds with one rock. As much as I do appreciate the talent of all these guys, I really don't need two random Taylor Boys singles matches on this show. The whole "Fightin' Taylor Boys" gimmick has honestly been a bust since the promising debut. And this would be a good opportunity to put together a solid tag team opener that could give them some momentum. I don't have a clue whether or not Willie Mack is booked elsewhere this Saturday, but having him and Gatson against the Taylors would be great! I mean, if the Taylors could defeat a DDT worthy team, it would give them some credibility going forward. Or bring in Johnny Paradise to team with Avalon. Have a couple up and coming heel teams trying to outcheat each other for our amusment. But yeah, as it stands right now, these matches are fine but meaningless

Tag Team Match
The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)
(I wasn't very excited to see Ryan and Scorp going for the straps this soon since I don't think they really have the fans invested in them yet. So this matchup looks much better to me and should be loads of fun. And since most everyone probably figures that this bout will be used to simply elevate the Dynasty, I'm hoping that RockNES gets the upset and another title shot against the Bucks.)

Dream Rematch
(I've never had the pleasure to see Pac wrestle live yet, so I am majorly excited to see this rematch. Their first encounter was such a well built and executed match and both guys have improved a lot since then. Steen has been on fire and Pac is much more well rounded now. So this should be tremendous!!!! Not much else to say but FUCK YEAH!)

Tag Team Match
(Ok, something's gotta give. On paper this match is electric! Hard-hitting, high-flying, mat wrestling goodness drips from every pore. But I just need to know what the deal is with Generico and Ricochet. One week they're rivals, the next they're a team. My guess is that the implosion happens this Saturday and we finally build up to the re-match between Ole' and O'chet. Gen Next with the victory.)

(I friggin' LOVE that Cima is taking up for Akira Tozawa and crossing the goddamn ocean to beat the crap out of the Young Bucks! And something tells me Steen might whip a little ass himself. This is the kind of match that makes sick bastards like me smile! Expect chaos, my friends!)

Claudio Castagnoli (Champion) vs. Davey Richards (Challenger) vs. Chris Hero (Challenger)
( I don't really buy it. Sure, it's three badass mofos going for the PWG championship. Sure, this may be our last chance to see Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli in a PWG ring together. But why not find another worthy singles match for Hero? And I know I've already brought this up. But I'm sure there's somebody out there who's out of a job right now that could use a little healthy competition. I'm sure there's a guy (unlike myself) that would rather spend his Saturday night kicking ass than getting drunk. Let's face it, there are still plenty of Cubs games left this season to go see. But there are only a few rare opportunities to see CHRIS HERO and CM PUNK go 90 minutes! and this Saturday evening should be one of those opportunities!! ;)

You just answered your own question. Ki was announced as out 11 days before the show (That's a hell of a personal issue to last a week and a half, or have the kind of foresight to know it'll happen in a week and a half........) and this seems like the only time PWG hasn't gone out of their way to bring in a huge name on short notice. How about we cut them some slack for once and just accept that PWG can't perform miracles EVERY TIME a shitty situation comes up. Claudio vs. Davey vs. Hero is going to be just fine. You know they're going to try twice as hard to make up for the disappointment of Ki not showing up. The match is going to be stiff as hell, action packed, and we're going to go crazy for it just like we have been for a while now at the live shows. Chill out guys.

Damn I just wanted to stir up a little conversation around here and all of a sudden I'm a dick. But enough about that. Let's get to the real issue here...How the hell are we supposed to pull off dueling chants of "Let's Go Hero", "Davey Richards", "Clau-Di-O" without sounding completely off rhythm and borderline retarded? For that reason, and that reason ALONE, we need this main event changed!! Ok, I'm gonna go chill out now
SlayJ

Postby JAG » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:31 pm

SlayJ wrote:
Matt Flash wrote:

Singles Match
Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Dream Rematch

Tag Team Match

Damn I just wanted to stir up a little conversation around here and all of a sudden I'm a dick. But enough about that. Let's get to the real issue here...How the hell are we supposed to pull off dueling chants of "Let's Go Hero", "Davey Richards", "Clau-Di-O" without sounding completely off rhythm and borderline retarded? For that reason, and that reason ALONE, we need this main event changed!! Ok, I'm gonna go chill out now

I'm sure by the time the 3 way is about to start fans will sound off rhythm and borderline retarded anyways. We can contribute this to: the main even most likely starting around or past midnight, drinking from as soon as the doors open till the main event, the fans that like to enjoy blazing it before the show and during the intermission, standing in 90 degree weather with no shade for hours before the show, and ultimately from RICHARDS, HERO, AND CLAUDIO BLOWING OUR MINDS IN THE MAIN EVENT!
JAG

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Apperantly CM Punk will be at comic con, so there's not much stopping him from taking a little trip up to reseda to show off his shiny new belt to a few old friends of his. I know how very unlikely this is due to deals punk may or may not still have with the E, but (as has been said by many a person on this forum) A MARK CAN DREAM CAN'T HE!
So Cal Punk

Postby Whoblehwah » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:32 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:Apperantly CM Punk will be at comic con, so there's not much stopping him from taking a little trip up to reseda to show off his shiny new belt to a few old friends of his. I know how very unlikely this is due to deals punk may or may not still have with the E, but (as has been said by many a person on this forum) A MARK CAN DREAM CAN'T HE!

Not gonna lie, this is the first thing I thought when I found out he was going to comic-con, lol.
Whoblehwah

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Ya know, Punk's first and last PWG appearances were both unadvertised surprises. I'd love to see Punk continue that tradition with his return to PWG. It's a long shot, but man would that ever blow the roof off of the Reseda building.
TigerDriver98

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:20 am

Haha I'm with you guys. Even though it's wishful thinking crazier things have happend and if any wrestling company can pull it off PWG can...and has before.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby Itchypanda » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:37 am

CM Punk was just confirmed and seen at San Diego Comic Con. Please, please a surprise match of CM Punk vs. Chris Hero this Saturday. Cya blokes there!
Itchypanda

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:46 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:Ya know, Punk's first and last PWG appearances were both unadvertised surprises. I'd love to see Punk continue that tradition with his return to PWG. It's a long shot, but man would that ever blow the roof off of the Reseda building.

Don't tease me like that lol That would be sick.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby CheMateo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:47 pm

A match does not even need to happen. Just an appearance and/or a little speech would be divine. More footage of Punk taking the WWE title into places it has never been before such as PWG would be great. In the GQ interview Punk mentioned Cabana being released and working immediately the next night. The mark bulb in my head went off.

A. Punk will be in SD at the Con.

B. 2 days later PWG is running their birthday party.

C. Only about 140 miles separate Punk from a PWG show.

D. Hell, Scott Lost can drive Punk up North.

E. Imagine the pop at Punk making an appearance!

Sweet dreams...
CheMateo

Postby Itchypanda » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Chris Hero vs. CM Punk. If Hero wins, Punk will put in a good word with WWE (wink, wink). HA, HA. Make it happen!
Itchypanda

Postby So Cal Punk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 pm

CheMateo wrote:A match does not even need to happen. Just an appearance and/or a little speech would be divine. More footage of Punk taking the WWE title into places it has never been before such as PWG would be great. In the GQ interview Punk mentioned Cabana being released and working immediately the next night. The mark bulb in my head went off.

A. Punk will be in SD at the Con.

B. 2 days later PWG is running their birthday party.

C. Only about 140 miles separate Punk from a PWG show.

D. Hell, Scott Lost can drive Punk up North.

E. Imagine the pop at Punk making an appearance!

Sweet dreams...

oh shit, i totally forgot cabana returned like that. how could i forget the first pwg show i ever watched. now i'm even more convinced that something will happen, due to cabana & punk being good friends.
So Cal Punk

Postby SlayJ » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Haha...I say "Hero -vs- Punk" and a bunch of people get their panties in a bunch over me suggesting it. Now everybody else is calling for it and it's AWESOME!! God I hate internet wrestling fans!
SlayJ

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:54 am

That would be sick to have him appear like Cabana did. I remember that night, the roof blew off that night as he walked right by us and he worked PWG that night! I'd love to see it happen!!!!

And I'm not calling for it SlayJ, lol

All I know is this is going to be nuts, what's next Omega and Tornado returning too and we have a big old battle royal in the ring for the title? PWG is going to give me a heart attack and an orgasm from the excitement! God I love this company!!!!!

PWGKliq!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:07 pm

I'm putting myself out there and say I want Ray Rosas in PWG. He's a great heel and I think he would get over. Put him and Peter Avalon in a tag team and watch the magic. Now that I said that.....can't wait for PWG8
Souf Centrol

Postby ajday » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Well, here goes to having a "Card Subject To Change 4"...

https://twitter.com/#!/daveyrichards83/status/94607563521392640
ajday

Postby kikrusher99 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:52 pm

If Davey is really out, I say that PWG contact CM Punk to face Chris Hero for the "WWE" title and Claudio face Kevin Steen who would probably just wrestle a 3rd match.
kikrusher99

Postby kikrusher99 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:00 pm

It's situations like these where I think it proves that PWG needs a twitter. #justsayin #its2011 #icanteditonmyphone
kikrusher99

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:25 pm

ajday wrote:Well, here goes to having a "Card Subject To Change 4"...

Aww, wtf?!?.. :cry:
Please tell me this is not real..
The_Sharpshooter

Postby ajday » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:53 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
ajday wrote:Well, here goes to having a "Card Subject To Change 4"...

Aww, wtf?!?.. :cry:
Please tell me this is not real..

I doubt someone would hack Davey's account, let alone tag the location to be at a hospital JUST to pull off a thing like this.
ajday

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum