Postby Fsportsentertainment » Sat May 28, 2011 12:21 am

Quick Results for anyone that couldn't make it

Willie Mack d Kevin Steen
Dynasty d Taylor Boys
Chuck Taylor d Kenny King
Bucks d RockNES
Aries/Strong d Cutlers
Eddie Edwards d Alex Shelley
Steen/Tozawa d El Generico/Ricochet (match of the night by far!!)
Claudio d Hero (top rope broke during this match)

All in all, exceeded my high expectations by far. Steen and Mack put on an incredible opener. Looking forward to tomorrow
Fsportsentertainment

Re: All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Postby nonhipster » Sat May 28, 2011 12:35 am

Hero/Claudio...hoy crap, dude. Amazing stuff.
nonhipster

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat May 28, 2011 6:49 am

Last night was great, but where was all the energy in the crowd? I guess everyone was tired from working and school. I know I was tired since it went on late. Got home by 1:30am work up by 5am. =_= But I still can't wait for tonight!!!! Lets hope people in the crowd wake up!!!!

Night one though, holy crap..... it was insane, we almost had a Kenny Omega Moment too..... Claudio is a beast.

I can't wait until tonight! Night two!!! Fix that ring! Wake that ass! And chant those chants!!!

Cheers!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat May 28, 2011 9:05 am

Last night was F'kn Awesome!!! :mrgreen:
I can't wait for 2nite... Low Ki, baby!!!.. Also looking foward to Nightmare Violence -vs- RockNes Monsters
Let's hope those ring ropes can contain all the action 2nite.. :lol:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby bat4life » Sat May 28, 2011 9:10 am

Willie Mack d Kevin Steen- This opener was a little slow for me and they were wasting to much time fucking around. This should probably have been the second match. At the end though it got better
Dynasty d Taylor Boys- Great match, good to see the Dynasty back and Chuck D
Chuck Taylor d Kenny King- Kenny King didn't get a huge pop as I expected, but he put on a great match.
Bucks d RockNES- WOW! this is the match that woke the crowd up! Generation me always brings it in Reseda! Awesome match to watch. Rocknes broke my chair on one of there high flying moves.
Aries/Strong d Cutlers- Cutler brother are proving time and time again to ranked as one of the top tag teams out there, these guys are just getting better and no one new who was going to be victorious. It was great to see Austin Aries again! im a big fan of his he and Rodrick strong put on a great show.
Eddie Edwards d Alex Shelley- The best singles match of the night hands down, this needs to be seen on DVD to be appreciated
Steen/Tozawa d El Generico/Ricochet -MATCH OF THE YEAR- My friend and and couldn't stop screaming at all the amazing things these guys were doing. This is by far the best match i've see at PWG live in person since i;ve been following them back in 2010.
Claudio d Hero - HOLY SHIT the top rope broke and I couldn't believe it!! I believe claudio and hero put on a 45 minute match and halfway through the match the top rope broke as claudio bounced off the rope and then BAM! They did an awsome job at continuing the match even though they really coudn't bounce off the ropes. Except for hero, not sure how he did it but he kept running towards the 2nd ropes and bouncing off them like nothing. AWESOME night, I can't believe it went till 12:45am.

On a side note- Alex Shelly requested the board of directors from PWG ( talking to Excaliber) that he would like to see Motor City Machine Guns VS Amarican Wolves in the near future here at PWG. Crowd went wild!!
bat4life

Postby So Cal Punk » Sat May 28, 2011 11:08 am

This was better than I could've expected & my expectations were damn high! I LOVE TOZAWA!
So Cal Punk

Postby ajday » Sat May 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Two things: Don't say "boring" and don't start a "Ring of Honor" chant at any point of the night. Better yet, knock off the "WRESTLING!" shit during ever single match, too. The shit was getting old.
ajday

Postby drop19 » Sat May 28, 2011 1:05 pm

Fun show. Some of my favorite things:

-Willie Mack picks up a big win over Steen. Hopefully he wins against Hero tonight.
-Chucky T picks up a dominant, clean win over Kenny King. He didn't even need any help to do it.
-Shelley/Edwards was a masterpiece. Incredibly impressed.
-There were some scary moments after the top rope broke in the Main Event. Looks like Hero took the ringpost loop to the lower back during a turnbuckle spot. Both guys adapted well and put on a hard hitting match.
drop19

Postby El Asian » Sat May 28, 2011 1:10 pm

following after the match against Claudio last night

El Asian

Postby b2u » Sat May 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Steen/Mack-***3/4
Dynasty/Taylors-***1/2
Taylor/King-***
RockNES/Bucks-****
Intermission
Aries-Strong/Cutlers-***1/2
Shelley/Edwards-****1/4
NVC/Ole!Ochet!-****1/2
Hero/Claudio-****1/4

Notes:
-Willie Mack is the breakout star of the weekend, no doubt.
-Chuck Taylor was constantly on the apron during the Taylor Boys tag match. It was awesome. Amazingly, Brian-Cage and Ryan got a decent pop, when Chuck came out a second later, the crowd popped twice as loud.
-King has improved a lot, and he seems like a future regular in PWG as a singles. It seems like a feud with the Taylor Boys has started.
-My Macho Man tribute almost came true, except RockNES lost. They deserve to be the champs. They need a re-match and god, the ending was so damn emotional.
-I've never seen Aries this motivated in PWG. He looks like he wants the team to succeed just as bad as Roddy does. Possibly, they could win the belts tonight. They were in sync, but surprisingly the Cutlers dominated the match, and were still made to look credible. The Bucks came out afterward and attacked Strong and Aries with Alex Shelley coming out for the save. A "Generation Next" chant broke out and Shelley got on the mic and said he would like to team with Strong and Aries in a six man down the line in PWG, whether it be against the Bucks and a partner or the Cutlers and a partner. So Shelley made two PWG challenges last night. Maybe this means he will be in PWG more with Sabin, who knows.
-Edwards was awesome. It's rare that someone will out wrestle Shelley, and Edwards did, even though he did get skull fucked. Everything was smooth and crisp. Afterwards is when Shelley made the Machine Guns/Wolves challenge.
-This was the first time since Final Battle that Steen and Generico were in the same match together and the feud carried over to PWG. They tried to brawl right at the bell but Tozawa and Ricochet had to pull their partners apart. But this match was awesome. Definitely the PWG match of the year so far. Very curious to see how this perceived on DVD. Just an amazing atmosphere. It was a grudge match the broke down in the crazy Dragon Gate style tag match we've come to see over the years. And when Generico and Steen finally got in the ring together, it was like a big fight kind of feel. But yeah, tons of insane spots, insane near falls, but in the end it was Generico and Ricochet's inability to communicate as a tag team that did them in. Amazing match. Oh, Steen took a reverse rana' from the second turnbuckle. I'm guessing the ring broke because of the craziness of this match.
-Kings Explode. Awesome match. The story was who would act like a dick first and it was Claudio. Claudio worked on Hero's elbow arm and it turned out that was the difference in the end. Claudio hit the ropes for a dive when the top rope broke (I blame Steen's fat, funny ass). Spontaneously, he went to each top turnbuckle and took off each buckle from each hook, then proceeded to dive over the middle and bottom ropes to plancha Hero on the floor. Hero came back, but his elbows were not nearly as effective due to the arm work Claudio did. Lots of near falls at the end. Claudio finally got the pin with I believe was launching European uppercut.

Anyways, so yeah, show of the year.
b2u

Postby fatallylost » Sat May 28, 2011 1:38 pm

ajday wrote:Two things: Don't say "boring" and don't start a "Ring of Honor" chant at any point of the night. Better yet, knock off the "WRESTLING!" shit during ever single match, too. The shit was getting old.

Yeah, the whole car ride home we had to mention the "wrestling!" thing. A couple times is ok, but, holy shit. Also, the douche in the mask next to me. John Cena? Bob Barker? I thought it's illegal to sell beer to minors, or mentally disabled people without a guardians consent.

Also, don't say boring if you are wearing a Big Show shirt.

In fact, just don't wear a Big Show shirt.

drop19 wrote:Fun show. Some of my favorite things:

-Willie Mack picks up a big win over Steen. Hopefully he wins against Hero tonight.
-Chucky T picks up a dominant, clean win over Kenny King. He didn't even need any help to do it.
-Shelley/Edwards was a masterpiece. Incredibly impressed.
-There were some scary moments after the top rope broke in the Main Event. Looks like Hero took the ringpost loop to the lower back during a turnbuckle spot. Both guys adapted well and put on a hard hitting match.

Now.. we all know my love for The Kentucky Gentleman. But, you were kidding right? Cause, you know, there was interference.

I'm not sure if Hero really hit it hard, or just sold it. I was on that side and couldn't tell.
fatallylost

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:49 pm

How was Night 2 guys?
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Sat May 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Quick Results

Kenny King d Brian Cage
Steen/Tozawa d RockNES
Ricochet d Willie Mack
Dynasty d Cutlers
Eddie Edwards d El Generico (he's getting on a losing streak)
Bucks d Gen Next
Tozawa d Chris Hero
Claudio d Low Ki

As you can see, there were some changes to the card due to injury. Chucky T pulled his groin last night.
Fsportsentertainment

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun May 29, 2011 12:36 am

I went to battleground instead, wish I could've seen the tozawa matches, gen next, & cutlets/dynasty. Glad I saw night 1 thought definatly seems like the better show.
So Cal Punk

Postby fatallylost » Sun May 29, 2011 1:57 am

Highlight of the night, for me. Tozawa's goodbye to us all. I'ma miss that crazy fucker.

I should say, in-ring highlight.
fatallylost

Postby drop19 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:02 pm

fatallylost wrote: -Now.. we all know my love for The Kentucky Gentleman. But, you were kidding right? Cause, you know, there was interference.

If Brian Cage-Taylor comes out to see what merchandise is for sale and King can't stay focused I don't see how that's interference.

Night Two was another fun show. As cliched as it sounds, I don't know that the Legion Hall has ever been as loud as it was after the Hero/Tozawa match. Tremendous war between those two and a fitting end to Tozawa's tenure in PWG.
drop19

Postby fatallylost » Sun May 29, 2011 3:48 pm

drop19 wrote:
fatallylost wrote: -Now.. we all know my love for The Kentucky Gentleman. But, you were kidding right? Cause, you know, there was interference.

If Brian Cage-Taylor comes out to see what merchandise is for sale and King can't stay focused I don't see how that's interference.

Night Two was another fun show. As cliched as it sounds, I don't know that the Legion Hall has ever been as loud as it was after the Hero/Tozawa match. Tremendous war between those two and a fitting end to Tozawa's tenure in PWG.

I agree. I mean, King shouldn't have used that time to ask Cage to buy him a Generico mask. I hear King once stiffed Cage on a check at dinner. They've been rocky, at best, since then.
fatallylost

Postby SlayJ » Sun May 29, 2011 7:12 pm

I just got back down to San Diego a few hours ago after a crazy couple of nights in Reseda and wanted to share some thoughts about All Star Weekend. First off, my voice is completely shot, my hands are swollen from clapping for Tozawa and my girlfriend's alcohol poisoning reached new heights of vomit production. Good times indeed! These shows could most definitely be subtitled "Card Subject To Change 4 & 5". The amount of line-up shuffling was pretty insane. But for the most part PWG still came through with flying colors. There were certain matches that exceeded expectaions (and some that didn't). But overall it was a helluva good time and I want to say THANK YOU to everyone involved at PWG!

I think Night One was the slightly better show from top to bottom. It just seemed to flow really well and the crowd was more involved than they were for the majority of Night 2. But I think "steady" would make for a better description than "spectacular". And I hope that doesn't come across as negative. I enjoyed every match on the show and the guys all worked hard. Steen and Mack smacked the hell out of each other! And Eddie Edwards and Alex Shelley put on a wrestling clinic. But El Generico & Ricochet vs Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa was THE Standout Match of the night!!! It is a MUST SEE MOTY contender! Just unbelievable action! I was actually kind of against this match happening at first. But by the end of it I was completely STOKED that I got to see it live! And I cannot say enough to praise Kevin Steen for going all out working triple duty over the weekend. The guy is incredible!

Unfortunately for Claudio and Hero, they had to follow THAT tag team insanity. And it was tough to keep a tiring crowd hot for a slow building match that (I believe) didn't get going until around midnight. That plus the fact that the top rope broke half way through it and these guys were fighting an uphill battle. But the fans hung in there and they worked a damn fine match that probably deserved better luck and timing. I look forward to giving it another look on dvd.

Night Two limped out of the gate with four subpar matches and really looked to be in trouble. The line-up shuffling continued (due to the unfortunate injury to Chuck Taylor) and it resulted in a Ricochet/Willie Mack battle that never quite jelled (I think we should've gotten Ricochet vs Generico instead). The Cutlers vs Dynasty match was quite frankly boring to me, despite the Cutlers trying their best to really heel it up. And as an aside, I think PWG would benefit from mixing in a more consistant "heel/face" dynamic. The Young Bucks are really the only STRONG heels at the moment. And I think PWG needs a few more guys that we can lay the wood to without feeling douchey about it.

Probably the most disappointing match of the weekend for me was Steen & Tozawa against the RockNES Monsters. And it wasn't from lack of effort. It just didn't click. The initial brawling looked bad. And there were subtle things that seemed off between the two teams. Worst of all, after they finally started getting a good rhythm going in the match, everything fell apart completely. I don't know if Steen injured his leg or if Yuma was knocked silly (or both). But the match almost came to an awkward standstill before the finish. And obviously I'm not trying to downplay the physicality of this thing, because it WAS physical. But I really wanted to see Tozawa go out on a higher note. And I suppose it's fitting that a guy with the last name of Hero would prove to be just that! He laid the challenge out to Tozawa and the second night in Reseda was about to make a GIANT upswing!!!

El Generico vs Eddie Edwards was up next. And it took a little time to get the crowd going. But from the moment they shifted gears, the fans were hooked and this thing was as amazing as you'd expect!!! Great wrestling and highspots galore. It was the first in a trifecta of pure awesomeness! And I was very much back in to things and looking forward to the 2nd half in a big way!

Austin Aries...Roderick Strong...Matt Jackson...Nick Jackson. What does that equal? HOLY SHIT is what!!!! I really don't even know where to start with this match! I'm just glad I wasn't taking a squrt when this thing began ( I may have gotten killed!)! I decided after drinking up a storm on night one to limit myself to one pitcher of beer on night two. And this just HAD TO BE the match where I was stuck holding that sumbitch. For those who were NOT in Reseda to witness this live, the first several minutes was complete anarchy all over the building including trips in to both the Men's AND woman's restrooms. I was front row ringside and my entire section was completely demolished before they even made it to the ring. The entire match was tremendous and this is another MUST SEE bout! Aries had his working shoes on in a BIG way! Roddy Strong is Roddy Strong! And the Young Bucks are an absolutely INCREDIBLE team!!! Friggin' LOVED this!!!!!

What came next was quite possibly the most fun and emotionally charged match I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing live. THANK YOU, Akira Tozawa and Chris Hero for putting the exclaimation point on a tremendous weekend and for giving every fan in the building a moment we will never forget. The match itself was GREAT!!!! But the post match farewell to Akira Tozawa was quite possibly the GREATEST moment I've personally ever been a part of at a live wrestling event. Seeing the genuine emotion and love between the fans and Tozawa is what it's all about! And I was so incredibly proud to be a fan of Professional Wrestling at that moment. Just pure class!

Poor Claudio had to ONCE AGAIN follow up the nearly unfollowable (which is probably not even a word, but oh well). And despite the fact that I was very happy to see Low Ki having a shot at the title, there was almost no way this thing could live up to the last couple of matches. But dammit if they didn't give it a run!!! Once again, this is the kind of match that would probably get over huge if luck and timing were better. I can't even recall how many rotations Claudio gave Ki on the Giant Swing, but it was MONEY! And you know that Low Ki was bringing the stiffness. But the fans were drained. And I don't care how good the work in the ring is, if the fans aren't responding, it's tough to truly gauge how great of a match it is. This is another one I need to see on dvd.

Fuck I've rambled enough. For those who are actually still reading this, thank you! and once again, THANK YOU PWG!!!

Jay
SlayJ

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun May 29, 2011 8:24 pm

ASW8 was incredible, better then BOLA 2010. Its gonna be hard to top these weekend's shows. My favorite match of night 1 was Steen and Tozawa vs El Generico and Ricochet. Second night, Young Bucks vs Aries and Strong.
krayzie Bone

Postby nonhipster » Mon May 30, 2011 1:02 am

Steen and Hero were the stars of both nights. Those guys are just out of this world.
nonhipster

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum