All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue May 24, 2011 3:49 pm

I live in fullerton & have no way of getting to night 2, can anyone give a fello PWG mark a ride?
So Cal Punk

Postby fatallylost » Wed May 25, 2011 3:19 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Who are the members of PWG Clique?

I couldn't even name everyone. It's a pretty wide open group though. (also, I know the names more via twitter now, than on here. hah. Damn social media outlets)
fatallylost

Postby El Asian » Wed May 25, 2011 10:19 pm

so this was posted from Claudio's youtube page tonight, shows him and Hero going to Tokyo Disneyland and Claudio plugs the PWG appearance but at the 1:50 mark, its clear why Claudio is facing hero this weekend :mrgreen:

El Asian

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Looks like some bad news for tomorrow's show, Low-Ki just tweeted "Because of a family emergency , I will not be on PWG's May 27 event."

Really sucks about Shelley/Ki not happening, but thankfully with this talent lineup there are a ton of other interesting things they can do with Alex Shelley.
TigerDriver98

Postby CheMateo » Thu May 26, 2011 3:25 pm

That is very disappointing news. I was looking forward to Shelley/Ki more than any other match on the card. Claudio vs Ki would have also been great to see this weekend. Hopefully those two matches can still happen down the line.

I would like to see Claudio vs Shelley if at all possible and have Hero face Claudio on Night 2. I am sure whatever they end up doing will be fine.
CheMateo

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu May 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Yeah this is terrible news. Low Ki is my favorite wrestler in America. He usually doesn't cancel his bookings, so this must be serious. I hope PWG finds suitable replacement instead of just rearranging the card. Sami Callahan would be a nice replacement, he recently wrestled Low Ki and they had a great match.
krayzie Bone

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Sucks to hear about Ki, I think it's too late to bring in anyone else. Last minute flights are killer. I'm sure whatever happens though it will be a great night! I can't wait!!!! PWGKliq!!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Well, PWG has once again made the absolute best out of a bad situation... :

"On Friday 27th May 2011, @KillSteenKill said:

People, read this, retweet it. Tell the world. RE: PWG All Star Weekend Night 1's card changes:

PWG always gets struck by bad luck. Almost every show. Tomorrow night was supposed to see Low Ki battle Alex Shelley but unfortunately, Ki needs to stay home to deal with a family emergency. I know the feeling all too well. Last month, I had to do the same. And it absolutely killed me to have to bail on PWG. But I swore I'd make it up to the fans and coincidentally, I think Low Ki's situation is going to help me achieve that.

Since Ki won't be able to face Shelley, the decision was made to have Alex Shelley wrestle Eddie Edwards in a unique battle that could only happen in a PWG ring. However, that leaves Tozawa without a match. This is where I come in. I'm well aware of the match I am booked in tomorrow night against Willie Mack. And I don't want that to change. On the contrary, I look forward to putting him in his place... and by that I mean back in the front row with the rest of the fans.
But I'm also well aware of the fact that there's a certain team out there that a lot of PWG fans hoped Tozawa and I would wrestle before our Japanese friend has to return home to the land of the rising sun (Wesley Snipes!) And to make up for missing the last show, I want to give PWG fans the opportunity to see that match.

So here it is...a challenge...

After I'm done with Willie Mack, Akira Tozwa and Kevin Steen vs Ricochet and El Generico.

Generico, don't be a fucking pussy. Let's do this!

See you tomorrow night."
TigerDriver98

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu May 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Now THAT will be a sick tag match.
Lord Akiyama

Postby ChrisIsAwesome » Thu May 26, 2011 5:48 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:Looks like some bad news for tomorrow's show, Low-Ki just tweeted "Because of a family emergency , I will not be on PWG's May 27 event."

Really sucks about Shelley/Ki not happening, but thankfully with this talent lineup there are a ton of other interesting things they can do with Alex Shelley.

Wait so he only said May 27, meaning he'll still be at nigh 2 right? RIGHT?!
ChrisIsAwesome

Postby So Cal Punk » Thu May 26, 2011 6:27 pm

so, no edwards vs tozawa & generico vs ricochet, FUCK! *sigh* oh well it'll still be a great show
So Cal Punk

All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Postby PWG_Silverback » Thu May 26, 2011 7:26 pm

For those fans that haven't heard, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla was informed by Low Ki earlier this afternoon that due to a family emergency, he would be unable to make the first night (May 27) of All Star Weekend 8, taking place this Friday and Saturday in Reseda, CA. Low Ki stated that he still plans on competing on Night Two of All Star Weekend 8, where he is set to face Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Claudio Castagnoli in a potential World Championship title match, should Claudio retain on Night One. Our thoughts are with Low Ki, and we wish him the best in this difficult time.

With Low Ki out of action on Night One, some changes have been made to the line-up that we think you will find very appealing. Now, we don't presume to know you, the reader, personally, but we figure that by now we've got a bit of a grasp on what our fans like and dislike, and we're pretty sure all of our fans will like these changes. And if they don't, they can go fly a kite! But not you. No, you're one of the good ones.

All Star Weekend 8 - Night One will now feature:

Singles Match
Eddie Edwards vs. Alex Shelley

-- Not much explanation needed. Both of these guys are awesome, and where else in the world could you see this match? Your dreams don't count, either.

Tag Team Match
El Generico & Ricochet vs. Nightmare Violence Connection ("Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa)

-- After El Generico and Ricochet were defeated by The Young Bucks at Card Subject to Change III, it was clear that El Generico thought Ricochet was responsible for their team losing the match, and more importantly, the World Tag Team Championship titles. Ricochet was looking forward to facing El Generico in order to prove that he was not the weak link in their tag team match, but that was before "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen laid out a major challenge to Ricochet and El Generico:

PWG always gets struck by bad luck. Almost every show. Tomorrow night was supposed to see Low Ki battle Alex Shelley but unfortunately, Ki needs to stay home to deal with a family emergency. I know the feeling all too well. Last month, I had to do the same. And it absolutely killed me to have to bail on PWG. But I swore I'd make it up to the fans and coincidentally, I think Low Ki's situation is going to help me achieve that.

Since Ki won't be able to face Shelley, the decision was made to have Alex Shelley wrestle Eddie Edwards in a unique battle that could only happen in a PWG ring. However, that leaves Tozawa without a match. This is where I come in. I'm well aware of the match I am booked in tomorrow night against Willie Mack. And I don't want that to change. On the contrary, I look forward to putting him in his place... and by that I mean back in the front row with the rest of the fans.
But I'm also well aware of the fact that there's a certain team out there that a lot of PWG fans hoped Tozawa and I would wrestle before our Japanese friend has to return home to the land of the rising sun (Wesley Snipes!) And to make up for missing the last show, I want to give PWG fans the opportunity to see that match.

So here it is...a challenge...

After I'm done with Willie Mack, Akira Tozwa and Kevin Steen vs Ricochet and El Generico.

Generico, don't be a fucking pussy. Let's do this!

See you tomorrow night.

After hearing about the challenge, Ricochet and El Generico agreed to team up once again, this time to take on Kevin Steen and Akira Tozawa. As fans have come to find out, Akira Tozawa is one of the toughest and most resilient competitors in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. Kevin Steen has that reputation, as well, but tomorrow night he will really have to live up to it by facing Willie Mack in singles competition, and then wrestling again in this tag team match later in the evening. With just one match to focus on, El Generico and Ricochet should have the advantage, but with each man out to prove a point to the other, the discord between them might be too much for them to overcome.

Front Row tickets for both nights of All Star Weekend 8 are sold out, however General Admission tickets will be available at the door prior to each event! Don't miss your chance to see what will undoubtedly be two of the most talked about nights of wrestling of the entire year!

Take these lemons back! We don't want your damn lemons!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night One takes place Friday, May 27, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night Two takes place Saturday, May 28, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are sold out, and General Admission tickets are $25 per night. General Admission tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby ajday » Thu May 26, 2011 7:57 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:Take these lemons back! We don't want your damn lemons!

... Am I missing a reference?
ajday

Postby SlayJ » Thu May 26, 2011 8:04 pm

This is really a bummer! And first off I hope that everything with Low Ki turns out ok and that he'll able to return for Night Two. But yeah, I was SO fired up for the Generico vs Ricochet rematch! Probably one of the top two or three matches I was looking forward to this weekend. And I think blowing the load this quick on putting Steen and Generico back in the same ring isn't the best option here (even though Steen/Tozawa vs Ole/Ochet will obviously be badass). No, their next chapter should be built up slowly at this point, teasing which direction it will go...not just throwing them in to a random tag. In my opinion it would be so much more effective to make the Night One tag title match a three way between the Bucks, RockNES and Steen/Tozawa. I mentioned this idea before, but it makes even more sense now. The storylines between all three teams make this a no-brainer (especially since Steen and Tozawa won't have another opportunity to get some payback on the Bucks). This way you could keep Generico vs Ricochet on the show and still include the awesomeness of Alex Shelley vs Eddie Edwards. Willie Mack would be the odd man out in this scenerio, but perhaps PWG could get somebody solid to face him (if only Colt Cabana were available!).

Just my two cents really (no lemons from me). I'm still completely stoked and can't wait to be front row tomorrow night! In Excalibur We Trust!
SlayJ

Postby El Asian » Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 pm

well I actually kinda like the idea of Ki working 1 night as it has a special wrestler for both nights booked

also Willie Mack vs. Kevin Steen is still on for night 1 right?

ajday wrote:

El Asian

Postby ajday » Thu May 26, 2011 8:41 pm

El Asian wrote:well I actually kinda like the idea of Ki working 1 night as it has a special wrestler for both nights booked

also Willie Mack vs. Kevin Steen is still on for night 1 right?

ajday wrote:

Thanks man. And yes, if you look at the paragraph before the lemons line he says that Steen will face Mack in singles before the tag match.
ajday

Postby So Cal Punk » Thu May 26, 2011 9:20 pm

. . . I really was looking forward to tozawa vs edwards :cry: , but hey edwards vs shelly sounds good too
So Cal Punk

Postby eldink » Thu May 26, 2011 10:44 pm

the card went from being a ten.......to still being a ten......
eldink

Postby TelkEvolon » Fri May 27, 2011 6:51 am

[quote="SlayJ"]No, their next chapter should be built up slowly at this point, teasing which direction it will go...not just throwing them in to a random tag.[quote]

While this should be a great match, I wish PWG would ease up on the randomly chucked together stuff, it is juts a waste.

Like Aries/Strong reuniting.
TelkEvolon

Postby fatallylost » Fri May 27, 2011 11:51 am

So... is All Star Weekend 8 Night One now retitled, All Star Weekend 8 Night One Presents Card Subject to Change IV?
fatallylost

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum