WrestleReunion 6 dates and location announced

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

WrestleReunion 6 dates and location announced

Postby El Asian » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:12 am

it'll be on the last weekend of January, like always, but this time its not being held at the LAX Hilton, from their website

WrestleReunion is proud to announce our return to Los Angeles for WrestleReunion 6. The dates of the event are Jan 27th 28th and 29th 2012. We are also excited to announce a new home for WrestleReunion LA. Our annual event was put out to bid to several hotels in the Los Angeles area The Westin Hotel at LAX 5400 West Century Blvd worked very hard to secure our event. They have committed to giving us no less than the same service that we have gotten in 2010 and 2011. We look forward to seeing you all there. We will release more details in the very near future.

now of course, PWG being involve hasn't been announced yet but we can all assume they will have a show next year like always
El Asian

Re: WrestleReunion 6 dates and location announced

Postby iamawesome » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:14 am

So the Hilton didn't want us back?

No surprised.
iamawesome

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks to the goddamned Juggalo fans.
Lord Akiyama

Postby fatallylost » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:Thanks to the goddamned Juggalo fans.

Always gotta ruin everything.
fatallylost

Postby highspots » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Silly posters, decision had nothing to do with ICP fans, it had entirely to do with the cost of guest rooms (to keep things affordable) and the larger ballroom at the Westin. We opened the bidding to all the hotels on that main LAX drag as well as some hotels near the Burbank airport and the Westin had the best pricing relative to the facilities they can offer. Its main ballroom is about 2000 SF larger that at the Hilton and their ceiling doesn't have the low hanging chandelier. A larger building means more fans, Juggalos or otherwise, we don't discriminate. Its also within a short distance to more fast food restaurants so it gives weekend attendees more eating options than are easily available at the Hilton.

We certainly hope we can work with PWG again for the event since both previous events have been great experiences for both parties, but nothing will even be discussed for several more months.
highspots

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm glad its not at the hilton again. Hopefully there will be 1 more show for the weekend. Chikara, dragongate USA, SHIMMER!!!!.....SHIMMER!!!
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:36 am

highspots wrote:Silly posters, decision had nothing to do with ICP fans, it had entirely to do with the cost of guest rooms (to keep things affordable) and the larger ballroom at the Westin. We opened the bidding to all the hotels on that main LAX drag as well as some hotels near the Burbank airport and the Westin had the best pricing relative to the facilities they can offer. Its main ballroom is about 2000 SF larger that at the Hilton and their ceiling doesn't have the low hanging chandelier. A larger building means more fans, Juggalos or otherwise, we don't discriminate. Its also within a short distance to more fast food restaurants so it gives weekend attendees more eating options than are easily available at the Hilton.

We certainly hope we can work with PWG again for the event since both previous events have been great experiences for both parties, but nothing will even be discussed for several more months.

Did you really think any of us are stupid enough to not get that it had to do with money in some form?

Everything runs on it.
fatallylost

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:31 am

highspots wrote:A larger building means more fans, Juggalos or otherwise, we don't discriminate.

Exactly. It doesn't matter if they ruin a show. Bring your fat painted face, don't forget money!
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:47 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:I'm glad its not at the hilton again. Hopefully there will be 1 more show for the weekend. Chikara, dragongate USA, SHIMMER!!!!.....SHIMMER!!!

though I personally hope for PWG just having a WrestleReunion doubleshot, more than likely, the other show will be
Spoiler: show
Ring of Honor
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:32 pm

El Asian wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:I'm glad its not at the hilton again. Hopefully there will be 1 more show for the weekend. Chikara, dragongate USA, SHIMMER!!!!.....SHIMMER!!!

though I personally hope for PWG just having a WrestleReunion doubleshot, more than likely, the other show will be
Ring of Honor

And if so, ROH will do whatever it can to keep DGUSA from doing a show.

But with all the conventions and other geeky shit going on, if SHIMMER ran a show they would sell out. All those girls and those specific fans.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Meltman wrote:
El Asian wrote:

Ring of Honor

And if so, ROH will do whatever it can to keep DGUSA from doing a show.

But with all the conventions and other geeky shit going on, if SHIMMER ran a show they would sell out. All those girls and those specific fans.

I think Shimmer can really put on a good show for the weekend. It would show that there are real female wrestlers out there not just "divas" and "knockouts"
Souf Centrol

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:43 pm

no offense to Shimmer or women wrestling in general but I honestly don't see Shimmer being a must see attraction and especially for an event for WrestleReunion, its really niche audience there and best to have as some kind of special attraction match or something, plus if those WrestleReunion audience do see a Shimmer show, they probably expect to see those Divas/Knockout match and probably shit on it expecting them to show more cleavage and stuff plus its probably easier to get them over with WrestleReunion crowd if you put them in mix tag matches like before

although its more than likely that ROH will hold a show the night before, I still would love to see PWG run an All Star Weekend for WR or as I want to call it All Star Weekend VIII: Kurt Russellreunion 3
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:55 am

El Asian wrote:no offense to Shimmer or women wrestling in general but I honestly don't see Shimmer being a must see attraction and especially for an event for WrestleReunion, its really niche audience there and best to have as some kind of special attraction match or something, plus if those WrestleReunion audience do see a Shimmer show, they probably expect to see those Divas/Knockout match and probably shit on it expecting them to show more cleavage and stuff plus its probably easier to get them over with WrestleReunion crowd if you put them in mix tag matches like before

They would buy tickets regardless because it's a sea of sweaty virgins and an all-women's show is being promoted.
Meltman

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:38 am

El Asian wrote:no offense to Shimmer or women wrestling in general but I honestly don't see Shimmer being a must see attraction and especially for an event for WrestleReunion, its really niche audience there and best to have as some kind of special attraction match or something, plus if those WrestleReunion audience do see a Shimmer show, they probably expect to see those Divas/Knockout match and probably shit on it expecting them to show more cleavage and stuff plus its probably easier to get them over with WrestleReunion crowd if you put them in mix tag matches like before

although its more than likely that ROH will hold a show the night before, I still would love to see PWG run an All Star Weekend for WR or as I want to call it All Star Weekend VIII: Kurt Russellreunion 3

I agree.
I dont' see SHIMMER being a "BIG" attraction. Besides, its Wrestlereunion...
There could be a 'grip' of virgins getting a 'hard-on' for this show, but everyone knows that if a company like "Dragon-Gate" shows-up, then they will BLOW Shimmer sales out of the water.

I like ROH (love watchin it on HDNet, while it lasts till this month :mrgreen: ), however there last 2 shows at Reunion were not that great.
Especially, this last one. Seriously, I wanted the 60 bucks I dropped for my ticket back.
All we can do is 'pray' that ROH does not show up, so that another promotion can come in (perhaps, wishful thinking).

I like the the ALL-STAR WEEKEND idea. I've been wanting one for over a year now. Never been to one, so it would be nice. :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:50 am

El Asian wrote:it'll be on the last weekend of January, like always, but this time its not being held at the LAX Hilton, from their website

WrestleReunion is proud to announce our return to Los Angeles for WrestleReunion 6. The dates of the event are Jan 27th 28th and 29th 2012. We are also excited to announce a new home for WrestleReunion LA. Our annual event was put out to bid to several hotels in the Los Angeles area The Westin Hotel at LAX 5400 West Century Blvd worked very hard to secure our event. They have committed to giving us no less than the same service that we have gotten in 2010 and 2011. We look forward to seeing you all there. We will release more details in the very near future.

now of course, PWG being involve hasn't been announced yet but we can all assume they will have a show next year like always

Just looked up this hotel...
I got some bad news for my 'fellow' smokers out there...

If I am reading this correctly, The Westin is a "SMOKE-FREE" Hotel :cry:

Not that its going to stop me, but seriously... SMOKE FREE??...
The_Sharpshooter

Postby fatallylost » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:45 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
El Asian wrote:it'll be on the last weekend of January, like always, but this time its not being held at the LAX Hilton, from their website

Just looked up this hotel...
I got some bad news for my 'fellow' smokers out there...

If I am reading this correctly, The Westin is a "SMOKE-FREE" Hotel :cry:

Not that its going to stop me, but seriously... SMOKE FREE??...

I never got to go to the last two shows.. but, my question would be... there's a building in Cali you can smoke in?
fatallylost

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Yeah everywhere is a smoke free place. That's what your car is for lol
Souf Centrol

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:24 pm

At the Hilton me and the homies just toked in parking structure. I'm sure Westin has to have some parking lot/garage where we can find place for session. Note to self- park next to souf central nest year...
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:35 am

Souf Centrol wrote:Yeah everywhere is a smoke free place. That's what your car is for lol

I was talking about the HOTEL ROOMS.

Athough, 99% of buildings dont allow smoking... over 90% of hotels offer SMOKE ROOMS or NON-SMOKE ROOMS.

From what I am reading, the WESTING doen't even offer SMOKE ROOMS.They 100% smoke free

The last two years I stayed at he Hilton, I stayed in a SMOKING ROOM. When you check-in, they give you the option.
This allowed my friends and I to blaze in our rooms, sitting comfortable, with food and air conditiioning. :mrgreen:
I know i wasnt the only one, cuz the whole floor I was on, you could hear others blazing and coughing like crazy.

And there's nothing wrong with the parking lot. I do it at PWG all the time,
But if your givin me the option.. I'd rather do it my room. Figured most others would too.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:56 pm

LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK wrote:At the Hilton me and the homies just toked in parking structure. I'm sure Westin has to have some parking lot/garage where we can find place for session. Note to self- park next to souf central nest year...

Hell yeah we just kept going back to the car, had the goose with me too. I can't wait till wrestleunion next year. I had so much fun this year

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:Yeah everywhere is a smoke free place. That's what your car is for lol

I was talking about the HOTEL ROOMS.

Athough, 99% of buildings dont allow smoking... over 90% of hotels offer SMOKE ROOMS or NON-SMOKE ROOMS.

From what I am reading, the WESTING doen't even offer SMOKE ROOMS.They 100% smoke free

The last two years I stayed at he Hilton, I stayed in a SMOKING ROOM. When you check-in, they give you the option.
This allowed my friends and I to blaze in our rooms, sitting comfortable, with food and air conditiioning. :mrgreen:
I know i wasnt the only one, cuz the whole floor I was on, you could hear others blazing and coughing like crazy.

And there's nothing wrong with the parking lot. I do it at PWG all the time,
But if your givin me the option.. I'd rather do it my room. Figured most others would too.

Oh ok, I basically stay down the street(straight shot down century) from the hilton so I didn't need to get a room. I think this new hotel is even closer. I hope they don't make us pay to park
Souf Centrol

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum