El Generico and Ricochet vs Steen and Tozawa

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

El Generico and Ricochet vs Steen and Tozawa

Postby PWGLove » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:13 am

I would love to see this tag match happen! Anyone else have thoughts on this? What tag matches would you like to see PWG have this year? #Pwgkliq
PWGLove

Re: El Generico and Ricochet vs Steen and Tozawa

Postby Meltman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:01 am

Sad thing is it could happen, but won't happen, on the upcoming show.

If they switched the 2 tags (Bucks vs. Generico/Ricochet and RockNES vs. Steen/Tozawa) and did Bucks vs. RockNES and Ricochet/Generico vs. Steen/Tozawa, I think the show would be twice as good.
Meltman

Postby Whoblehwah » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:49 pm

Agree'd.
Whoblehwah

Postby TelkEvolon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:02 am

Yeah, it is weird how Steen & Generico forgot each other.

Pretty lame.
TelkEvolon

Postby Meltman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:00 am

^ They haven't forgotten. Steen has mentioned how he hates Generico and stuff on PWG commentary. They just haven't had any kinda match since.
Meltman

Postby Endurance » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:58 pm

They should keep Generico and Steen from wrestling each other for a while but keep the tension building with promos and brief post-match angles. Then when they finally do face off, it will be a huge deal. I'd say have them face off one on one at the anniversary show.
Endurance

Postby eldink » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:54 am

i am not sure how i feel about pwg headlining a feud that has run its course at ring of honor......i would respect the storyline but not bring attention to it......i would not want anyone else to book a feud that is over at pwg....tornedo and hero during its heyday comes to mind
eldink

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:39 am

eldink wrote:i am not sure how i feel about pwg headlining a feud that has run its course at ring of honor......i would respect the storyline but not bring attention to it......i would not want anyone else to book a feud that is over at pwg....tornedo and hero during its heyday comes to mind

There's no fed-exclusive feuds in indy wrestling. Generico/Steen was done a dozen times before ROH did it. IWS, PWG, every fed these guys wrestled in they brought their "we don't like each other" with them.

Also the Hero/Tornado feud incorporated a lot of other feuds. Tornado brought in Kingston who Hero hated. Then Claudio, Hero's partner got into the mix. These were stories from other feds but PWG made it awesome, so it's not about who does what.
Meltman

Postby PWGLove » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:43 am

Endurance wrote:They should keep Generico and Steen from wrestling each other for a while but keep the tension building with promos and brief post-match angles. Then when they finally do face off, it will be a huge deal. I'd say have them face off one on one at the anniversary show.

I agree somewhat. This is why I thought having them touch base in a couple tag matches which wouldnt be just about them but could keep a little fuel on the flame until maybe like you said the anniversary show where they could have a singles match again. I just like the move set they all bring to the table and think it would make for a fu#$ing crazy match!
PWGLove

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Anniversary show is 2 months from May. Not much to build up to in that time frame, especially with PWG's schedule
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Here's a rhetorical: would you be opposed to the Hero/Claudio feud PWG has had brewing for months? Because I've seen Hero/Claudio plenty of times. Should it be put away?

Steen/Generico can still have amazing matches. Would be ridiculous to keep them separate.
Meltman

Postby Endurance » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Meltman wrote:Here's a rhetorical: would you be opposed to the Hero/Claudio feud PWG has had brewing for months? Because I've seen Hero/Claudio plenty of times. Should it be put away?

Steen/Generico can still have amazing matches. Would be ridiculous to keep them separate.

I'm not saying that Generico and Steen can't happen ever, I just think they need to build to it more in PWG. And also, they just had their blowoff match in ROH. I think it's a bit too soon. PWG has been building to the Claudio/ Hero feud for like six months since Claudio became world champion. They've been hinting at A Generico/Steen rivalry with stuff like Steen going off on the Ol
Endurance

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 pm

I think it would be cool to see PWG say "screw what ROH is doing" and have Steenerico reunite. Making their rivalry in ROH completely meaningless to PWG.
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum