The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat May 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Are you saying WrestleReunion isn't happening next year? What am I missing?
Garden State Saint

Postby loserkings007 » Sat May 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:Are you saying WrestleReunion isn't happening next year? What am I missing?

They cancelled it due to the lack of attendance I believe.

"Unfortunately, 2012 in Los Angeles saw a dramatic decline in our attendance from the previous year and made the idea of returning there extremely unlikely."
-Sal Corrente, WrestleReunion Founder
loserkings007

Postby eastbay510 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:33 am

The DGUSA roster is insanly awesome right now; Johnny Gargano, AR Fox, Samuray Del Sol, Jon Davis, Uhaa Nation (he is injured right now) and Tony Neese (he is back with the company after being released by TNA) are all people I would love to see in PWG at some point.
eastbay510

Postby hjaskater » Sun May 20, 2012 7:49 am

Ciampa vs. Callihan for PWG
hjaskater

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 pm

loserkings007 wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:Are you saying WrestleReunion isn't happening next year? What am I missing?

They cancelled it due to the lack of attendance I believe.

"Unfortunately, 2012 in Los Angeles saw a dramatic decline in our attendance from the previous year and made the idea of returning there extremely unlikely."
-Sal Corrente, WrestleReunion Founder

Thanks for the info, I somehow missed this.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Sun May 20, 2012 1:52 pm

a bit more details from WrestleReunion on why they aren't doing another WrestleReunion next year
WrestleReunion wrote:We told everybody that we would make a decision regarding the future of WrestleReunion following our event in Toronto. That time has now come and we have unfortunately decided that WrestleReunion will not be running future events at this time.

After a brief hiatus from our first three events, we resumed WrestleReunion (4) in Los Angeles in 2010. We battled a tough economy and the stigma of a previous failed convention in San Francisco, but we saw potential for growth and immediately decided to return the following year. Our return to LA in 2011 turned out to be our highest attended convention of all time and then had a very successful event in Atlanta.

After these two amazing events, we really felt that economy had recovered to the point where there was a market for WrestleReunion. We decided in April of 2011 that in addition to returning to Los Angeles, we would continue to run an event tied to WrestleMania weekend and also bring this to the Toronto market, our most requested and most vocal city based on our feedback. Nearly one year in advance, we planned three cities for the first quarter of 2012 with the option to do a fourth city (Chicago) in the fall.

Unfortunately, 2012 in Los Angeles saw a dramatic decline in our attendance from the previous year and made the idea of returning there extremely unlikely. We felt it was in our best interest to get through our next two events before making any longer term decisions, as the success of those two cities would likely play a role in our decision making. Quite simply, Toronto sales didn’t meet our expectations. Despite nearly one year of advance notice and having lots of local promoters and media helping to publicize the event, we didn’t reach enough people interested in our product.

Our results, along with results of other autograph shows that I am involved in, along with a glut of events that are out there tell me that it is time to take a step back and let conditions correct themselves and or let other opportunities come to the fore front. I am currently exploring some potential single show events using some of the legends and younger talent that we have used over the last several years at WrestleReunion events. I have always wanted WrestleReunion to provide fans with something they can’t get anywhere else and I feel like we have done that. It could have been an option to scale back our model but I have always felt either go big or go home.

I wanted to thank everybody that has attended a WrestleReunion event, particularly the fans that purchased VIP ticket to our events in the Los Angeles, Toronto, Atlanta, and Miami shows, many of you purchasing prior to even knowing the full lineup of guests. You were a small number, but very loyal. We just wish we had twice as many of you! Don’t take this as WrestleReunion is going away permanently we just aren’t ready to announce any events in any cities at this time and I have absolutely informed the Westin hotel in Los Angeles that we wont be returning for 2013. I am always looking for the next opportunity that makes sense for myself the talent and mostly the fans.

I also wanted to thank our lead sponsor, Highspots.com. their financial support made these events possible. It is my understanding they will continue to run conventions tied to the WrestleMania weekends and will always keep their options open to further business opportunities in other cities.

“The Big Cheese” Sal Corrente, WrestleReunion Founder

honestly, I stated this already but aside from learning about getting Mike Tyson as a guest earlier so they can really advertise him, I honestly felt a major factor why WrestleReunion this year didn't do well was because they kept pushing the Pro Wrestling Superstars show as the main attraction, had they just made the PWG show on Saturday night instead, they could have drawn a bigger attendance on that Saturday since PWG fans are loyal anyways while Pro Wrestling Superstars is roughly unknown to most wrestling fans anyways despite some big names working that show, Toronto was a bit odd but I don't know much info on what WrestleReunion was like in Toronto aside that several guys no showed the EVOLVE show
El Asian

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Word has it that Alex Shelley will be leaving TNA when his contract expires. Let's get him back in PWG.
TigerDriver98

Postby loserkings007 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:28 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:Word has it that Alex Shelley will be leaving TNA when his contract expires. Let's get him back in PWG.

Read about that. He's one of those Wrestler's I haven't seen in person yet. Maybe TJ Perkins vs Shelley?
loserkings007

Postby eastbay510 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 pm

loserkings007 wrote:
TigerDriver98 wrote:Word has it that Alex Shelley will be leaving TNA when his contract expires. Let's get him back in PWG.

Read about that. He's one of those Wrestler's I haven't seen in person yet. Maybe TJ Perkins vs Shelley?

Aparently WWE is intrested in him
eastbay510

Postby loserkings007 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:43 am

eastbay510 wrote:
loserkings007 wrote:

Aparently WWE is intrested in him

Actually it is the other way around. He is interested in being in the WWE. Doesn't mean they won't take him, but it's still a while before the WWE Network goes up and the Curiserweight show isn't even conformed yet. Just Rumored at this point. I'm sure we can get him in a show or two before he goes to the E if he does.
loserkings007

Postby eastbay510 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:13 pm

It looks like its a done deal, I would love to see him back for a show or two, but if not its well deserved, I would love to see him wrestle Danielson, Punk or Dolph Ziggler, but you never know who is going to get a push in that company.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed May 23, 2012 3:52 am

Shelley back in PWG has to happen as much as possible.
Garden State Saint

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed May 23, 2012 10:50 am

I would like to see the legend Rush in PWG lol
krayzie Bone

Postby BrianS » Wed May 23, 2012 3:35 pm

I second bringing in Tomasso Ciampa. I always found him kinda bland but his new crazy character (he was great at the ROH tapings this past weekend, going nuts and attacking Nana) is pretty cool. The near-white beard makes him look like George Carlin, too.
BrianS

Postby eastbay510 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:24 pm

BrianS wrote:I second bringing in Tomasso Ciampa. I always found him kinda bland but his new crazy character (he was great at the ROH tapings this past weekend, going nuts and attacking Nana) is pretty cool. The near-white beard makes him look like George Carlin, too.

I remember when he won the Super 8 everyone was saying how impressive he was and how he is a good wrestler, he just hasnt produced in ROH. Im all for giving guys a chance, the worst that can happen is he isnt brought backI would be perfectly fine with it.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed May 23, 2012 8:32 pm

I'm sure Shelley would have worked PWG again even if he did stayed in TNA, I do hope Sabin follows suit and leaves TNA as well and both work PWG a bit regularly hopefully
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu May 24, 2012 11:18 am

eastbay510 wrote:
BrianS wrote:I second bringing in Tomasso Ciampa. I always found him kinda bland but his new crazy character (he was great at the ROH tapings this past weekend, going nuts and attacking Nana) is pretty cool. The near-white beard makes him look like George Carlin, too.

I remember when he won the Super 8 everyone was saying how impressive he was and how he is a good wrestler, he just hasnt produced in ROH. Im all for giving guys a chance, the worst that can happen is he isnt brought backI would be perfectly fine with it.

I was there for that Super 8 and in all honest thats when my view point on Ciampa totally changed and I saw his worth. What I didn't get was what people expected from him. He isn't a Davey Richards type but at times I felt like thats what people wanted, even though people were souring on that style. Ciampa is finding his niche for growth, just like Eddie Edwards did a couple years ago and just like Michael Elgin did more recently.
Garden State Saint

Postby Itchypanda » Sat May 26, 2012 11:27 am

So we all keep seeing Buggy Nova at the event. I know she has personal reasons for being there but since she's already at the event, just book her. Her matches with Davina Rose shows she has some modicum of talent. Let's see her in action.
Itchypanda

Postby El Asian » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Itchypanda wrote:So we all keep seeing Buggy Nova at the event. I know she has personal reasons for being there but since she's already at the event, just book her. Her matches with Davina Rose shows she has some modicum of talent. Let's see her in action.

I agree that its probably time to give Buggy a shot, its similar to the Willie Mack situation where Willie, before working PWG shows, started mostly being in the audience, but yeah, give Buggy a shot as either in a match against Candice or teaming with Candice against Peter Avalon and Ray Rosas

and as I mentioned in another thread but to go with the discussion about Shelley leaving TNA, rumor has it Chris Sabin is looking to leave TNA and not re-sign once his contract runs out in August, so hopefully more Motor City Machine Guns in PWG in the future until they decide to go to do bigger things
El Asian

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:21 pm

We where still promised MCMG vs American Wolves at ASW8 last year. Also, Gen Next vs the Bucks + 1 (but that doesn't seem to likely).
So Cal Punk

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum