The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Honestly, I don't mind Strickland though he hasn't set the world on fire since appearing in PWG though I like his theme plus as I mentioned before, whether Starr or Strickland likes it or not, both need to maintain to be consumate professionals instead of trying to screw one over the other on bookings, you don't want to be like Sexy Star .

Also I guess whenever Thatcher does return to the US, I would like to see him and WALTER together as a team in PWG.

Also speaking of UK guys, eastbay mentioned Paul Robinson and I agree, I guess somewhere in 2018 or by BOLA next year. Also speaking of UK guys, looks like Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate, and Mark Andrews are still doing indies, maybe just UK indies for now, but as long as they are still doing indies, I would hope we see them work PWG again or hell, book British Strong Style vs. The Elite before WWE officially signs away British Strong Style
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:23 am

El Asian wrote:Honestly, I don't mind Strickland though he hasn't set the world on fire since appearing in PWG though I like his theme plus as I mentioned before, whether Starr or Strickland likes it or not, both need to maintain to be consumate professionals instead of trying to screw one over the other on bookings, you don't want to be like Sexy Star .

Also I guess whenever Thatcher does return to the US, I would like to see him and WALTER together as a team in PWG.

Also speaking of UK guys, eastbay mentioned Paul Robinson and I agree, I guess somewhere in 2018 or by BOLA next year. Also speaking of UK guys, looks like Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate, and Mark Andrews are still doing indies, maybe just UK indies for now, but as long as they are still doing indies, I would hope we see them work PWG again or hell, book British Strong Style vs. The Elite before WWE officially signs away British Strong Style

Robinson at this point is only doing smaller indys, and pretty much just as a hobby. He has some kind of heart condition so he doesn't feel he can keep up in places like Progress. And it looks like PWG doesn't feel comfortable booking guys signed to WWE UK contracts, and I don't blame them. It is expensive to fly them from the UK, and with even a small chance WWE can pull them it isn't worth it.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:32 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:Honestly, I don't mind Strickland though he hasn't set the world on fire since appearing in PWG though I like his theme plus as I mentioned before, whether Starr or Strickland likes it or not, both need to maintain to be consumate professionals instead of trying to screw one over the other on bookings, you don't want to be like Sexy Star .

Also I guess whenever Thatcher does return to the US, I would like to see him and WALTER together as a team in PWG.

Also speaking of UK guys, eastbay mentioned Paul Robinson and I agree, I guess somewhere in 2018 or by BOLA next year. Also speaking of UK guys, looks like Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate, and Mark Andrews are still doing indies, maybe just UK indies for now, but as long as they are still doing indies, I would hope we see them work PWG again or hell, book British Strong Style vs. The Elite before WWE officially signs away British Strong Style

Robinson at this point is only doing smaller indys, and pretty much just as a hobby. He has some kind of heart condition so he doesn't feel he can keep up in places like Progress. And it looks like PWG doesn't feel comfortable booking guys signed to WWE UK contracts, and I don't blame them. It is expensive to fly them from the UK, and with even a small chance WWE can pull them it isn't worth it.

That's fair but I do just hope PWG can book The Elite vs. British Strong Style before WWE takes them away completely

Anyways, PWG has been booking some special guests, I wouldn't mind PWG bring in a few more special guests, not regularly but just every now and then, I would say bring in the Briscoes at least against Lucha Bros. or bring in Rey Mysterio for one appearance as well and a strange suggestion but hear me out on this suggestion, Jerry Lawler because you be surprised how well Jerry Lawler can still put some good matches in him, at least for one appearance in PWG.

Also, despite being a very polarizing name, Davey Richards plans to retire maybe by the end of this year and if that's the case, I think its time for one last appearance of Richards in PWG since he was a PWG guy and got his biggest break in PWG anyways and it be fitting his last match ever would be in PWG. Personally I would love to see one last time reunion of Super Dragon and Davey Richards together against any team really in PWG but probably won't happen.
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:27 pm

I would love to see Aussie Open(Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher) at some point. PWG almost always books Europe's hottest guys, and even though Davis and Fletcher are Australian(obviously) they are getting booked all over Europe right now, and really starting to make an impact. I would love to see Ausie Open vs Bucks, SPPT, Lucha Bros, Chosen Bros, ect.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:27 am

I was following the results of the TPI last night, and again I am led to wonder why Jonathan Gresham hasn't been given a shot yet.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:56 am

eastbay510 wrote:I would love to see Aussie Open(Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher) at some point. PWG almost always books Europe's hottest guys, and even though Davis and Fletcher are Australian(obviously) they are getting booked all over Europe right now, and really starting to make an impact. I would love to see Ausie Open vs Bucks, SPPT, Lucha Bros, Chosen Bros, ect.


mark davis wrestled in PWG at least once back in the day, him and another guy. if he was the chunky one he showed potential back then ircc.
L bo is the name, in ya mouf4sho
LBOinyamouf4sho
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 am

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:31 pm

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I would love to see Aussie Open(Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher) at some point. PWG almost always books Europe's hottest guys, and even though Davis and Fletcher are Australian(obviously) they are getting booked all over Europe right now, and really starting to make an impact. I would love to see Ausie Open vs Bucks, SPPT, Lucha Bros, Chosen Bros, ect.


mark davis wrestled in PWG at least once back in the day, him and another guy. if he was the chunky one he showed potential back then ircc.

I thought for sure you were mistaken, I had to look this up, yeah, he was at All Star Weekend 7 N1. I would love to see him back, he had a great match with MCW last year, and is killing it right now in the UK.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:41 am

eastbay510 wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I would love to see Aussie Open(Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher) at some point. PWG almost always books Europe's hottest guys, and even though Davis and Fletcher are Australian(obviously) they are getting booked all over Europe right now, and really starting to make an impact. I would love to see Ausie Open vs Bucks, SPPT, Lucha Bros, Chosen Bros, ect.


mark davis wrestled in PWG at least once back in the day, him and another guy. if he was the chunky one he showed potential back then ircc.

I thought for sure you were mistaken, I had to look this up, yeah, he was at All Star Weekend 7 N1. I would love to see him back, he had a great match with MCW last year, and is killing it right now in the UK.


i just looked the guy up and damn got himself into good shape, i remember him looking kind of like a white morishima. also he must've just started wrestling when he was in PWG.
L bo is the name, in ya mouf4sho
LBOinyamouf4sho
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 am

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Adam Brooks is getting his chance at ASW. Mark Haskins Night One, Jonak Rock Night Two. Should be fun.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:26 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Adam Brooks is getting his chance at ASW. Mark Haskins Night One, Jonak Rock Night Two. Should be fun.

Oh my God. I am so fucking happy. I legit lost my voice tonight, haha. Know what I love about PWG bringing in the Aussies(besides them having some awesome wrestlers)? PWG are the ones spearheading the Aussie breakout. They aren't booking what's hot, Austrillia will get hot partially because of PWG.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Regardless of current bullshit, I still hope PWG books Chip Day
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:34 am

Chip's good. And EVOLVE sucks, even with all the talent that's gone through there. Speaking of that, get Jason Kincaid and Anthony Henry here, STAT.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:26 pm

I have my doubts that Chip was the leaker anyways and its a complete and utter dick move for certain to blame it on Chip but it was also a dick move of Gabe to try and throw PWG under the bus according to those leak emails.
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:18 am

There have been some pretty sleazy stories here and there about Gabe for years; looks like karma's finally come around on him.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:25 pm

El Asian wrote:I have my doubts that Chip was the leaker anyways and its a complete and utter dick move for certain to blame it on Chip but it was also a dick move of Gabe to try and throw PWG under the bus according to those leak emails.

What do you mean Gabe threw PWG under the bus? What is the story with that.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:42 pm

This is what Gabe said in the email leak regarding PWG that comes off as Gabe trying to throw PWG under the bus instead

-Make every lock up on the show count. I saw Regal last week and he was at BOLA. I was surprised for him to say that he didn’t see many good lock ups there. Honestly, he said he barely saw one good lock up. I know this might be surprising, especially since some of you were on the show. This is a major thing. It’s about starting your match up with believability. Please let’s put on emphasis on lock ups where you fight for position rather than go into a spot.


Maybe Gabe didn't mean it like that but it comes off that way, so Regal had to correct this to make sure it doesn't come out of context

I have just been informed that an email had been leaked that contained a quote from me.I had been asked recently (by several people )about my visit to the recent BOLA tournament by PWG.When asked I told everyone the same.I preceded to tell them how incredibly hard everyone worked and how much I enjoyed the show.I was asked the same question by everyone.One that was asked universally was "Anything that stood out".I answered that the only problem is that there are too many great bouts and I don't envy any of the talent because everything was so good and trying to top it must be really difficult.I made mention to several people and several on the BOLA show who asked for advise , that one thing I noticed was that they could of grabbed people's attention with the quality of their collar and elbow tie up (lock ups).I preceded to show several talent who asked a few ways to help.This information has been used by other people to explain ideas to talent they are working with and some of it appeared in today's leaked email.This long winded note is just my way of explaining that I don't want this taking out of context and people assuming I was in any way criticizing the quality and hard work of the talent.Its a general observation that I always talk to people about as I believe the first lock up is the most important tool you have to grab the attention of your audience.
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:42 am

Speaking of EVOLVE, word is Fred Yehi's probably the next guy the WWE's signing, so doesn't look like he's ever going to get a shot in PWG.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Rumors are swirling that Neville might have walked out on the WWE last night. PAC for December/January show, please.
pwggrodd
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:52 pm

If this is true, I really hope PWG can squeeze him a match for All Star Weekend if possible
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:17 am

El Asian wrote:If this is true, I really hope PWG can squeeze him a match for All Star Weekend if possible

He more than likely is gonna have that 3 month no compete clause. When he comes back there are so many match ups I want to see. I really wanna see PAC vs Travis Banks ASAP.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests