The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:57 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I hope we see Gulak back soon too, I really want to see he and Biff team semi-regularly, they brjng something different to the tag team scene.

As far as Sabre goes, the more we see of him the better, a portion of the crowd was chanting "best in the world". Sabre vs Ricochet would be tits.

Gulak was boring , I hope PWG doesn't bring him back for awhile.
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Lol, no. Gulak's one of the best talents out there these days. He and Busick would be a great team for PWG-especially since the tag division's taken some hits lately.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:36 pm

I agree about Gulak, he should come back but I'm sure he'll return soon plus at this point, you never know who will end up leaving the indies at this point, might as well take advantage of who is available.

Super Dragon Mark wrote:There are select Mexicans I'd like to see in PWG, like Mascara Dorada or Los Traumas

I completely agree with this, only problem is with guys like Mascara Dorada or any other guy contracted with CMLL and AAA is that I believe they are really hard to work with to bring their guys over, PWG had problems with AAA in the past involving Jack Evans, so Los Traumas, which I have heard are trying to get their Visas worked out to work in the States, are probably possible to bring hopefully but other luchadores I would like to see in PWG would be guys from the DTU promotion, which has brought in PWG guys before, would be Flamita, Rocky Lobo, Jinzo, and Ludark Shaitan as well as veteran guys like Cassandro, who is usually working Lucha Va Voom in the area anyways, and Super Crazy, who worked the first Kurt Russellreunion show in a pretty sloppy match but I think he deserves another chance this time in the Reseda crowd.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:24 pm

Some of the lucha news guys out there have said that Los Traumas have cleared up their visa situation, or are just about to, so they should be taking California indie bookings soon. I think they could bring something interesting to the table. Since Steve Pain left AAA and seems interested in working in the states more, I think he'd be worth a tryout as well. Flamita would be INSANE in front of the Reseda crowd. He's been a real bright spot for Dragon Gate this year.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:16 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Some of the lucha news guys out there have said that Los Traumas have cleared up their visa situation, or are just about to, so they should be taking California indie bookings soon. I think they could bring something interesting to the table. Since Steve Pain left AAA and seems interested in working in the states more, I think he'd be worth a tryout as well. Flamita would be INSANE in front of the Reseda crowd. He's been a real bright spot for Dragon Gate this year.

Well that's good to hear about Los Traumams, I do hope PWG gives them a shot but I actually forgot about Steve Pain, I forgot he's been in Mexico for awhile but I agree, he should get a shot soon. As for Flamita, I agree, I think he would definitely fill in the gap that Samuray Del Sol and El Generico have left behind, but also give Rocky Lobo and Jinzo a shot since they also have been touring in Japan, Rocky Lobo himself toured in Dragon Gate with Flamita initially but now in NOAH with Jinzo.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Anyone else interested in seeing Hanson? He has been really good in ROH and it would be interesting seeing some of the bigger guys being the smaller guy in the match.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Not as a singles act, unless he suddenly improves a lot.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Yeah, seems way too soon to bring Todd Hanson in ROH at this point, not really that proven yet to give a damn quite yet and there are plenty of guys that I rather see PWG bring in before they start booking Todd Hanson as well like Tim Donst, Danny Havoc, Matt Tremont, or Chris Dickinson over Hanson.

Anyways, I really hope PWG hasn't completely abandoned booking local guys like RockNES Monsters, Peter Avalon, and Ray Rosas. Also I still would like to see PWG bring back Los Luchas, Lil' Cholo, LTP, and Brandon Gatson as well since those guys are still active at least.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Yeah, why the hell ISN'T LTP in PWG? Also, I thought I heard Brandon Gatson was retired. And PPRAY need to come back soon. Hoping for an All Star Weekend in December so they can make their returns. Lastly, I saw that Kenny Omega has signed on with NJPW. Since they run a touring style schedule, I wonder if maybe he won't be more easily available than in the past. Even if he was only on every other show or so, like Ricochet, I'd love for him to be back.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:15 pm

El Asian wrote:Yeah, seems way too soon to bring Todd Hanson in ROH at this point, not really that proven yet to give a damn quite yet and there are plenty of guys that I rather see PWG bring in before they start booking Todd Hanson as well like Tim Donst, Danny Havoc, Matt Tremont, or Chris Dickinson over Hanson.

Anyways, I really hope PWG hasn't completely abandoned booking local guys like RockNES Monsters, Peter Avalon, and Ray Rosas. Also I still would like to see PWG bring back Los Luchas, Lil' Cholo, LTP, and Brandon Gatson as well since those guys are still active at least.

I can see the argument that it is too early to bring in Hanson,but in a year or two I can seriously see him being a major player on the indy scene. He is really good, reminds me somewhat of Morishima.

And I completely disagree about Donst, Havoc, and Tremont... No thanks. To be honest there is nobody I'm dying to see right now, just about every top indy wrestler is in PWG. I'd like to see Jon Silver be brought in next, but no hurry, the roster is already loaded.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:34 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:Yeah, seems way too soon to bring Todd Hanson in ROH at this point, not really that proven yet to give a damn quite yet and there are plenty of guys that I rather see PWG bring in before they start booking Todd Hanson as well like Tim Donst, Danny Havoc, Matt Tremont, or Chris Dickinson over Hanson.

I can see the argument that it is too early to bring in Hanson,but in a year or two I can seriously see him being a major player on the indy scene. He is really good, reminds me somewhat of Morishima.

And I completely disagree about Donst, Havoc, and Tremont... No thanks. To be honest there is nobody I'm dying to see right now, just about every top indy wrestler is in PWG. I'd like to see Jon Silver be brought in next, but no hurry, the roster is already loaded.

I don't agree, I think guys like Donst has been getting much better lately especially since he left Chikara and as for Tremont and Havoc, I feel those are guys that fill the gap that has been left with Steen, Callihan, and Drake gone being more brawler types that can get over with Reseda crowd to balance all the flippy, stiff, and mat workers in PWG these days

pwggrodd wrote:Yeah, why the hell ISN'T LTP in PWG? Also, I thought I heard Brandon Gatson was retired. And PPRAY need to come back soon. Hoping for an All Star Weekend in December so they can make their returns. Lastly, I saw that Kenny Omega has signed on with NJPW. Since they run a touring style schedule, I wonder if maybe he won't be more easily available than in the past. Even if he was only on every other show or so, like Ricochet, I'd love for him to be back.

LTP is back wrestling these days and I would like to see him back and as for Gatson, I thought he retired as well but I've noticed that he's still active around the SoCal scene and still pretty good. As for Omega, it depends really how available he is when he's not working NJPW like AJ Styles, Rocky Romero, Alex Shelley, and Alex Koslov are.

Speaking of gaijins in NJPW, I'm not sure how people feel about this but they are a good team together in NJPW and do work here in the US every now and then but bringing Lance Archer and Harry Smith together in PWG could be interesting plus bring back Karl Anderson as well whenever he's available. Plus I would like to see PWG work some deals to bring in some Japanese born talent part of NJPW and Dragon Gate roster since half the foreign guys there work PWG anyways though I have this bad feeling that DGUSA burned Dragon Gate to have any interest to work with any other US indies anymore.
El Asian

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Please for the love of God PWG bring in Psycho Mike Rollins

He was on Wrestling Retribution Project but that didn't work out

He looks good, he can work, and he's entertaining as Hell - maybe the only guy I'd seriously go to bat for
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Asian » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:Please for the love of God PWG bring in Psycho Mike Rollins

He looks good, he can work, and he's entertaining as Hell - maybe the only guy I'd seriously go to bat for

I'm sure you mean well and he probably is decent but probably not plus PWG already has Tomasso Ciampa as their psychopath
El Asian

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:12 pm

El Asian wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:Please for the love of God PWG bring in Psycho Mike Rollins

I'm sure you mean well and he probably is decent but probably not plus PWG already has Tomasso Ciampa as their psychopath

He's not a super serious wrestler

I just picked this match at random, so whatever
Super Dragon Mark

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:44 am

besides the local guys who used to be around pretty often a few years back, i'd be interested to see pentagon jr if possible. i know he works some pretty shitty looking indys in mexico so maybe he doesn't cost too much and he also works lucha underground so if the schedules ever worked out i think it would be cool. also james raideen. maybe as part of a tag team or just as muscle for adam cole or something. raideen has potential and is very young, could be awesome to see him come into his own in PWG.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby ShadowMaster » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:57 am

Zack Sabre Jr Zack Sabre Jr Zacl Sabre Jr , I'l pay extra for tickets for to see Zack back in a PWG ring .
ShadowMaster

Postby toby80 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:08 am

100% on Zack!

All-Star Weekend maybe?

Fingers crossed!
toby80

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:40 pm

If Sabre Jr. isn't on any of the Mania weekend shows next year then I'll be very surprised. Around that time would probably be the best time to bring him in.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:If Sabre Jr. isn't on any of the Mania weekend shows next year then I'll be very surprised. Around that time would probably be the best time to bring him in.

Well I believe WWE has put a ban in 10 or 20 mile radius of where they are holding WrestleMania anyways to any other promoter next year and even then, I don't think PWG is running shows during WrestleMania weekend anyways. But I'm sure it won't be the last time we'll see Zack Sabre Jr. in PWG though probably at the next All Star Weekend, hopefully won't be the last time we see Drew Gulak and Brian Myers in PWG as well.

I kinda want to suggest Louis Lyndon and Flip Kendrick to PWG but maybe there's enough flippy guys in PWG for now for PWG to fly out but one guy I would like to see PWG bring in is Takaaki Watanabe, a guy from NJPW that is here in the US for an excursion and I think it be nice for him to appear in PWG while he's here in the US for awhile. And speaking of NJPW guys, I really hope PWG can bring back Karl Anderson for a few appearances when he's available, PWG has brought in guys from NJPW anyways.

Also, I know people want to see PWG fly out a lot of guys and I agree with a lot of them but I still would like for PWG to give opportunities for local guys still, hopefully Ray Rosas, Peter Avalon, and Willie Mack return but as I mentioned before, I would like to see PWG bring back LTP and Brandon Gatson as well.
El Asian

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:07 pm

With ZSJ and Chris Hero in NOAH quite a bit I wouldn't mind seeing some NOAH dudes, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Taiji Ishimori, Takeshi Morishima, return of Shane Haste plus Mikey Nicholls and Daisuke Harada
PWGnorthern

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum