The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
El Asian wrote:So in a current WWE storyline, WWE "fires" Cody Rhodes after failing to beat Randy Orton, which lead to this to the McMahons feuding with the Rhodes family, however, just today, Pro Wrestling Syndicate announced they are booking Cody Rhodes for a show exclusively it seems, so while Cody getting "fired" is a work, the fact they are allowing him to work indies is surprising all things considered. So whatever this angle is going, I do hope this means PWG can book Cody Rhodes for a show if possible because despite what some of you might think, I think Cody would fit really well in PWG and could have a great match with anyone in PWG as well.

I've done PWS shows and I'd be shocked if he actually showed up on their next show, which is late October.

Cody confirmed it on his Twitter but even then, it seems very confusing

toby80 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:If he did show up, it'd probably be a one-shot deal-so, who does he face?

There's a few guys I'd like to see Rhodes face. Ricochet, O'Reilly and Steen would all be ace. How about him as an outsider challenging for the PWG title? Very much doubt it'll happen, but would be fun.

Good choices, Elgin and Drake are other ones but for me, I'd go with Adam Cole
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:23 pm

I refuse to believe any of that Cody stuff. If it happened he would just end up working Starman or a guy, who will remain nameless, I absolutely don't want to see him work.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:31 am

Well, we can cross The Monster Mafia off the list of talent to bring in. Last night they were scheduled to wrestle Kingston and Homicide at ROH but got turned around (Selezia Sparx to) by border patrol. This really bums me out, they were really starting to make names for themselves and just made their ROH debuts last week. So now two fantastic tag teams are stuck in Canada, hopefully this is a wake up call to international talent to take care of their work visa situation beforehand, and hopefully Monster Mafia and Super Smash Bros get theirs taken care of so we can see them in the states again.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Well, goddammit. Let's hope the SSBs and the Monster Mafia get their work visas someday. My hopes aren't too high.
pwggrodd

Postby rohgenextfan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:I refuse to believe any of that Cody stuff. If it happened he would just end up working Starman or a guy, who will remain nameless, I absolutely don't want to see him work.

The aforementioned promotion probably struck a deal with WWE to promote Cody for an appearance.
rohgenextfan

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:03 am

pwggrodd wrote:Well, goddammit. Let's hope the SSBs and the Monster Mafia get their work visas someday. My hopes aren't too high.

Has that been why SSB hasn't been back ?
ShadowMaster

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:29 am

Unfortunately, yes. Kevin Steen shot an episode of The Kevin Steen Show with them probably in April, and they were waiting on the visas then. If they haven't reappeared in all that time, I'm assuming that they didn't get them. Which sucks, because they went out on a really sour note.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:09 pm

rohgenextfan wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:I refuse to believe any of that Cody stuff. If it happened he would just end up working Starman or a guy, who will remain nameless, I absolutely don't want to see him work.

The aforementioned promotion probably struck a deal with WWE to promote Cody for an appearance.

I don't see those guys striking a deal such as that.
Garden State Saint

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:06 pm

I know Ethan Page works AIW and whatever other indies, but I don't wanna see him in ones I actually watch like PWG.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:46 am

Super Dragon Mark wrote:I know Ethan Page works AIW and whatever other indies, but I don't wanna see him in ones I actually watch like PWG.

Why?
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:26 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:I know Ethan Page works AIW and whatever other indies, but I don't wanna see him in ones I actually watch like PWG.

Why?

I remember first seeing Ethan Page for the first time in 2008 at a Chikara show. Kinda outrageous he has been around as long as he has and just now starting to form a fan base.
Garden State Saint

Postby jdrouskirsh » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:59 am

El Asian wrote:So in a current WWE storyline, WWE "fires" Cody Rhodes after failing to beat Randy Orton, which lead to this to the McMahons feuding with the Rhodes family, however, just today, Pro Wrestling Syndicate announced they are booking Cody Rhodes for a show exclusively it seems, so while Cody getting "fired" is a work, the fact they are allowing him to work indies is surprising all things considered. So whatever this angle is going, I do hope this means PWG can book Cody Rhodes for a show if possible because despite what some of you might think, I think Cody would fit really well in PWG and could have a great match with anyone in PWG as well.

I know this is a late reply and irrelevant at this point since he's back on TV, but in general I would not use any guys fresh off a WWE release... not that they don't have talent that I'd want to see, but I think guys need to get their feet wet at other indies before diving into PWG
Look at Trent?'s performances at BOLA compared to ASW9.... the difference was he did a bunch of bookings between shows that got him adjusted to the indy style
Of course there are exceptions... guys who've worked PWG and/ or other prominent indy promotions, or spent years working the indies before signing would do fine right away, but PWG should wait for anyone else to do a handful of other indies before booking them following their release
jdrouskirsh

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:01 pm

eastbay510 wrote:

Why?

Because I've seen more of him than I want to.

Josh Alexander is cool, though.

If anyone is to get noticed, I'd like it to be Mike Rollins. Too bad WRP didn't happen...
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Asian » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:10 pm

jdrouskirsh wrote:

I know this is a late reply and irrelevant at this point since he's back on TV, but in general I would not use any guys fresh off a WWE release... not that they don't have talent that I'd want to see, but I think guys need to get their feet wet at other indies before diving into PWG
Look at Trent?'s performances at BOLA compared to ASW9.... the difference was he did a bunch of bookings between shows that got him adjusted to the indy style
Of course there are exceptions... guys who've worked PWG and/ or other prominent indy promotions, or spent years working the indies before signing would do fine right away, but PWG should wait for anyone else to do a handful of other indies before booking them following their release

True and while Cody probably won't work PWG ever at this point, I say it wouldn't matter with for someone like Cody compared to Trent?, not to take away from Trent? but Cody Rhodes has worked a ton of high profile matches more than Trent? did in the WWE and Cody, especially this year lately, has put on a hell of a performance for PPV, Raw, and even Smackdown while Trent? never really got his chance to showcase to even most wrestling fans due to being stuck working in Superstars mostly, probably why I think a lot of PWG crowd gave him a lot of shit in his debut, mostly due to being unfamiliar with him and not really standing out in the WWE that much or not allowed to stand out in the WWE I guess
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:16 am

Anyone else think PWG's tag division is looking a little thin these days? SSB is stuck in Canada, Future Shock is no more, if Davey and Eddie really do leave for WWE then no more Dojo Bros./American Wolves, it looks like Gargano is focusing more on singles compitition these days. That leaves ICMC, Young Bucks, PPRay, RockNESS, Elgin and Brian Cage Steiner and Friends (honestly, does anybody expect them to team long term?). Two of those teams I don't buying as being a threat for the tag titles, and one I really don't want to see (sorry Cage, you're to big these days).

I know there have been a lot of debuts this year, but there have been a lot debuts this year but there have also been a lot of big names who left. If PWG did bring in some teams I would like to see:

Monster Mafia: Probally not gonna happen, they are on the watch list at the border (just like SSB).

Beaver Boys: Had some awesome matches in CZW this year, and John Silver would get over real fast with his crazy midgetism.

Drew Gulak and Biff Busick: Sometimes rivals sometimes partners, both guys are awesome as singles as well, they had a great match against Dojo Bros. at Beyond Wrestling a couple months ago.

Bravado Bros: It seems like they have become forgotten, I just saw their match at Chikara's Tag World Grand Prix. they looked awesome, in much better shape, ditched the argyle and cartigans in favor of black and silver and wear japanese robes, so much better in the ring, still have the charisma.

I'm not saying bring them all in (hopefully one day they will be) but I just think another team of two wouldn't hurt.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:30 am

I'm hoping that Jay Lethal comes back-it would be fitting since the last ASW was the last time he showed up.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:57 am

I kinda agree and those names probably could probably in PWG soon, my only issue with the Beaver Boys is that I can't get over how awful that name sounds, no offense to Reynolds and Silver, they are solid guys and I understand it is a TIm and Eric reference but its not exactly the name I can take seriously as a tag team name, I know I am being snotty about this and maybe I should let it grow on me though. Anyways, some other teams I think PWG can book hopefully.

Outlaw Inc.: A nice way to bring back both Eddie Kingston and Homicide to PWG and I enjoy the idea of those 2 together lately, can be a nice balance of crazy brawls and stiff wrestling for

ReDRagon: In case Kyle does need a partner for tag matches, why not get Bobby Fish to join him as well

Osirian Portal: I have suggested them before and I still stand by that PWG should bring them in soon

The Batiri: Suggested them earlier and I think these 2, just from their unique look about them, could be popular among PWG fans

Irish Airborne: Or also known as OI4K, the team has been improving more and more lately, now that they finished up a tour with BJW, I can see them in PWG soon hopefully

3.0: A team that I have been hoping PWG would bring back, though previously known as 2.0, I guess they aren't suffering the same issues as SSB though since they are booked here in the US with no issues it seems

And finally, Paul London and Brian Kendrick, not a team that is official with PWG but has appeared every now and then, hopefully a more recurring role together in 2014 at least

Also, I agree with Jay Lethal should come back, surprised PWG hasn't after All Star Weekend 9 especially compared to Trent?, who has gotten better afterward though but wasn't as over as Lethal in his debut
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:35 am

I'd like to see Kingston, with or without Homicide. I know I've said it before in this thread, but the issues with Chris Hero were over 5 years ago now, and Hero's not around anymore. I think it's a good idea to give the guy another shot. Ditto on the Osirian Portal, I think they'd fit right in to the tag division. I also hope to see Londrick at ASW 10, or at least at DDT4 and as semi-regulars next year.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:49 am

El Asian wrote:I kinda agree and those names probably could probably in PWG soon, my only issue with the Beaver Boys is that I can't get over how awful that name sounds, no offense to Reynolds and Silver, they are solid guys and I understand it is a TIm and Eric reference but its not exactly the name I can take seriously as a tag team name, I know I am being snotty about this and maybe I should let it grow on me though. Anyways, some other teams I think PWG can book hopefully.

Outlaw Inc.: A nice way to bring back both Eddie Kingston and Homicide to PWG and I enjoy the idea of those 2 together lately, can be a nice balance of crazy brawls and stiff wrestling for

ReDRagon: In case Kyle does need a partner for tag matches, why not get Bobby Fish to join him as well

Osirian Portal: I have suggested them before and I still stand by that PWG should bring them in soon

The Batiri: Suggested them earlier and I think these 2, just from their unique look about them, could be popular among PWG fans

Irish Airborne: Or also known as OI4K, the team has been improving more and more lately, now that they finished up a tour with BJW, I can see them in PWG soon hopefully

3.0: A team that I have been hoping PWG would bring back, though previously known as 2.0, I guess they aren't suffering the same issues as SSB though since they are booked here in the US with no issues it seems

And finally, Paul London and Brian Kendrick, not a team that is official with PWG but has appeared every now and then, hopefully a more recurring role together in 2014 at least

Also, I agree with Jay Lethal should come back, surprised PWG hasn't after All Star Weekend 9 especially compared to Trent?, who has gotten better afterward though but wasn't as over as Lethal in his debut

I gotta disagree about Irish Airborne, I personally can't stand them.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:35 am

I wouldn't mind seeing Bobby Fish (and reDRagon) in PWG. O'Reilly is rightfully being pushed as a singles guy atm, but they've done some great work together in ROH, and would be a fine addition to DDT4.
toby80

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum