The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:33 am

I would love to see Dragon Gate guys or AAA guys back and they probably will but I think there would be nice appeal to bring some of the NJPW to PWG, considering the only other company that works with NJPW to bring in guys to the US probably will never have a show in California. But all things considered, Dragon Gate is probably easier though they are arguably the #2 company in Japan right after NJPW and the fact I see a bunch of random UK indies bringing in NJPW guys before as well.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:52 am

With women's wrestling becomung hot (no pun intended), I wonder if Dragon has changed his opinion on it. PWG has spots to fill, and possibly more at the rate WWE is picking up talent. I gotta be honest, before last year I never gave a shit about women's wrestling, but reciently I've been checking out some Shimmer shows, would be cool to see them get a chance.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:01 am

Who is on your short list?
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:13 am

Hikaru Shida is on the top of my list, and she flys in to the states to do Shimmer. Evie is awesome, but I'll bet WWE signs her, same with Kay Lee Ray. I also really like Heidi Lovelace, Tessa Blanchard(who is dating Ricochet, not sure if that means anything), and Nicole Mathews. The one I don't like at all is Jessicka Havok, she is like a WAY more annoying female version of Sami Callihan.

But Dragon already said no women's matches, so I don't expect any to happen.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:13 pm

Well Havok is dating Callihan, so that may be a reason why she reminds you him. I guess I could see Tessa Blanchard in PWG as if possible and Hikaru Shida would be great as well but she may be WWE bound soon, same with Kay Lee Ray and Evie. I would like to see Crazy Mary Dobson be brought in but who knows if WWE will sign her by that time. Personally, I could see PWG bringing in Sexy Star and Cheerleader Melissa since it doesn't require PWG to fly them out as well as bringing back Christina Von Eerie, maybe Hudson Envy as well since she's been getting popular these days.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:36 pm

El Asian wrote:Well Havok is dating Callihan, so that may be a reason why she reminds you him. I guess I could see Tessa Blanchard in PWG as if possible and Hikaru Shida would be great as well but she may be WWE bound soon, same with Kay Lee Ray and Evie. I would like to see Crazy Mary Dobson be brought in but who knows if WWE will sign her by that time. Personally, I could see PWG bringing in Sexy Star and Cheerleader Melissa since it doesn't require PWG to fly them out as well as bringing back Christina Von Eerie, maybe Hudson Envy as well since she's been getting popular these days.

I get why Havok is doing the Callihan gimmick, but it is soooo annoying, it is so forced it's cringe worthy. I am not impressed with Von Eerie, I know she has been in PWG before and is local, but she just isn't that good of a worker.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Who else has Progress on demand? If you do check out Ospreay vs Mark Haskins from a recient show. That math blew me away, I actually watched it twice in a row. Haskins has completely reinvented himself, personally I think he is the next European wrestler who needs to come to Reseda. He looks exactly like Scurll, but it's ok because they are both fucking awesome.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Oh, also Jimmy Havoc. Possibly the best heel in wrestling.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:10 pm

I agree, I guess between Dave Mastiff, Jimmy Havoc, and Mark Haskins could be the next wave of UK guys to be brought in, maybe Noam Dar and Big Damo as well. Also, I with Lee and Everett turning out well, I wonder if there are any CWF Mid Atlantic guys to look into soon.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:29 pm

The UK scene is so deep right now that you can see the next wave after the Havoc, Mastiff, Haskins wave. In 2-3 years "Flash" Morgan Webster, Axel Dieter Jr., and Tyler Bate could all be PWG ready, all 3 guys are doing great things, but could use more experience.

Meanwhile on the US indy scene, besides Tracy Williams I can't think of even one person who I am dying to see.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:54 pm

European scene I should say, Dieter is from Germany.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:31 am

eastbay510 wrote:Meanwhile on the US indy scene, besides Tracy Williams I can't think of even one person who I am dying to see.

I say as far as the US indy scene goes, I would like to see Tim Donst, The Hooligans, Shynron, Jonathan Gresham, and Matt Tremont in PWG, I know you've been against having Tremont in PWG but I think he could fit in the brawler type that PWG is a bit missing with Steen, Drake, and Sami gone though Sami may return to PWG by next year. Depending on their ROH contract, War Machine would be fine as well. I wouldn't mind AR Fox being brought back as well, maybe pushed as more of a heel since he's been good at that lately and having great series with Shynron plus with Rich Swann gone as well.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:03 am

I like Gresham, I think he is a solid worker, but with Sabre, Thatcher, and Gulak being far better technical wrestlers and how Gresham has zero charisma he isn't someone who has to be brought in.

And AR Fox has had one match in PWG this year, and it was the worst PWG match of the year.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:49 pm

El Asian wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Meanwhile on the US indy scene, besides Tracy Williams I can't think of even one person who I am dying to see.

I say as far as the US indy scene goes, I would like to see Tim Donst, The Hooligans, Shynron, Jonathan Gresham, and Matt Tremont in PWG, I know you've been against having Tremont in PWG but I think he could fit in the brawler type that PWG is a bit missing with Steen, Drake, and Sami gone though Sami may return to PWG by next year. Depending on their ROH contract, War Machine would be fine as well. I wouldn't mind AR Fox being brought back as well, maybe pushed as more of a heel since he's been good at that lately and having great series with Shynron plus with Rich Swann gone as well.

I agree with you on Gresham, Shynron and Tremont, a nice diversity between those three guys too. If you haven't seen this year's Best of the Best I recommend you check it for a few reasons but I thought Gresham put on great performances all around. I'm a nerd for Tremont, the guy is super cool and an underrated promo guy too.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Actually I wasn't too impressed on Gresham in CZW, so maybe that is why eastbay wasn't huge on the guy, even his match with Tommy End was a let down but his match with Bailey solid but I just put that as things not working out in CZW as this happens from time to time with CZW, a good example was I believe Timothy Thatcher was in CZW for a bit and got completely shit on from fans.

Anyways, throwing in some other possible guys for PWG could bring in in the future like Joey Janela, Chris Dickinson and Jaka of Team Pazuzu, and Le Tabarnak de Team, they've been brought up before. Also maybe in PJ Black as well and I know he didn't set the world on fire last year in BOLA but I still feel Brian Myers deserves another chance, though I would like to see AJ Styles back as a special guest involved with Mt. Rushmore (same with Kenny Omega), probably not one of the better ideas to put against AJ at the time, maybe put him against someone else like Trent? or Trevor Lee and I'm sure he'll have a better showcase. Also apparently Lucha Underground was looking into bringing Rey Horus and Flamita for season 2 with Mike Bailey and Will Ospreay, I have been hoping for PWG to bring in Horus and Flamita for awhile and if they do well enough on there, maybe bring them in PWG.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:59 pm

I actually did like Greshan's match with Bailey a lot. But to me Gresham is really generic. And during Best of the Best I thought his gimmick was kinda awkward. Like he wasn't completely comfortable or he just had to work out the kinks. I haven't seen him in a few months so I don't know how his character has come along. But he reminds me a little of Elgin in that he can have a good match but before and after the bell you don't really think about him.

Chris Dickenson is someone who I don't want to see just because of all the stories you hear of being a duchebag and burning bridges. In the ring he is really good.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:12 am

eastbay510 wrote:Chris Dickenson is someone who I don't want to see just because of all the stories you hear of being a duchebag and burning bridges. In the ring he is really good.

What are some of the stories you've heard?
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:00 am

Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Chris Dickenson is someone who I don't want to see just because of all the stories you hear of being a duchebag and burning bridges. In the ring he is really good.

What are some of the stories you've heard?

Burning his bridge with AIW By no showing events, the Christina Von Eerie/Masada CZW situation, using a Perro Aguyo tribute to get heat.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:27 am

The AIW stuff is ancient history and they'd be silly to not bring him if somebody like Gargano is no longer available down the line.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:36 pm

I actually agree about those issues with Dickenson, especially the stuff about Perro Aguayo, probably the reason I was hesitant to suggest him, which is why I suggested to bring him with Jaka at least, also I guess you could also say that PWG already has guys like Strong and most likely Richards will come back to fill the type Dickenson would have filled. Also, what was the incident in CZW with Christina Von Eerie and Masada?
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum