Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Personally, I like to see AR Fox vs. AJ Styles
El Asian

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:47 am

El Asian wrote:Personally, I like to see AR Fox vs. AJ Styles

Seems like more of an EVOLVE match if the Gabester goes for it...
Super Dragon Mark

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:
El Asian wrote:Personally, I like to see AR Fox vs. AJ Styles

Seems like more of an EVOLVE match if the Gabester goes for it...

This Super Dragon Mark guy is so stupid.

Doesn't look like UWE does DVDs, so I dunno if this'll ever see the light of day.

If any Styles match was gonna happen, I was thinking Styles/Hero in PWG, but it looks like those guys at Smash are doing that too...

Anyways, besides seeing Brian Kendrick and Paul London back in PWG (not necessarily as a team), what about that Dark Sheik guy? You know the one...
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Asian » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Well AJ Styles is scheduled to work CZW soon, so hopefully AJ does show in PWG soon.

Also, I've mentioned about bringing guys from DTU, a promotion down in Mexico, and watching some stuff of theirs, I notice they are bringing guys like Joey Ryan and Roderick Strong. You might say that isn't a big deal but, like when they brought in Willie Mack, Strong and Joey are specifically advertised as PWG guys. Might not mean much since they brought in AR Fox not too long ago and advertised him as a CZW guy but it is interesting that they advertise Strong and have billed as a PWG guy instead of an ROH guy though they are right since Strong seems more interesting in PWG than in ROH anyways. Anyways the point I'm making is maybe possibility in bringing some guys from DTU if possible, similar what Dragon Gate has been doing recently.
El Asian

Postby OSKMIA » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:41 pm

El Asian wrote:Well AJ Styles is scheduled to work CZW soon, so hopefully AJ does show in PWG soon.

He just got booked in ROH too for January. Come on PWG you can do it! I thought for sure they were going to pull a Colt Cabana at ASWX with AJ Styles... :cry:
OSKMIA

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:39 pm

If Styles only gets one match in TNA (just a hypothetical), I'd like to see it happen against Steen.
Garden State Saint

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:If Styles only gets one match in TNA (just a hypothetical), I'd like to see it happen against Steen.

I obviously meant, "If Styles only gets one match in PWG (just a hypothetical), I'd like to see it happen against Steen."

Why can't we edit our own posts?
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:12 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:If Styles only gets one match in TNA (just a hypothetical), I'd like to see it happen against Steen.

I obviously meant, "If Styles only gets one match in PWG (just a hypothetical), I'd like to see it happen against Steen."

I could be misaken, but didn't Steen beat AJ to win his first PWG Title?
eastbay510

Postby El Generico Mark » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:24 am

I'd like to see Kyle vs AJ
El Generico Mark

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:20 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:

I could be misaken, but didn't Steen beat AJ to win his first PWG Title?

Zombies Shouldn't Run
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Well despite nearly breaking Roderick's neck at the ROH recently, I still hope AJ does make a PWG return soon.

Anyways, somebody mentioned some pages back about bringing in Monster Mafia but were going through VISA issues, similar to SSB but looks like with them at some recent AIW shows lately, its been worked out it seems, so maybe give them shot one day as well as others previously suggested.

Also, probably an absolutely awful suggestion, probably the worst suggestion I've ever made but I would like to see Homeless Jimmy in PWG, I am not sure I'm being ironic with this though.
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:36 pm

I think it would be cool if PWG could book a re-match between Paul London & AJ Styles. It could be bananas. I don't think Styles needs to be booked on every show like he used to be. But some nice part-time appearances could provide some interesting results.
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:08 pm

CheMateo wrote:I think it would be cool if PWG could book a re-match between Paul London & AJ Styles. It could be bananas. I don't think Styles needs to be booked on every show like he used to be. But some nice part-time appearances could provide some interesting results.

I agree with that, PWG can do use him every now and then, plus a guy like AJ is probably in demand a lot for his appearance now but a match between London and AJ would be great in PWG but personally, I think I like to see AJ work guys he hasn't fought yet that has been appearing in PWG lately since AJ had last appeared.
El Asian

Postby ajday » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:16 pm

I put it in the "general discussion" section of the board, too... But..

If what Twitter is saying is true, CM Punk quit tonight. IF this is true, does anyone else want to see him in Reseda?
ajday

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:19 am

Yeah, I guess, but it ain't gonna happen. I'd like to see Forever Hooligans back. I was a little surprised they weren't in BOLA this year, actually.
pwggrodd

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:54 pm

When asked about if or when we'll see AJ Styles in PWG, "when they book me."

PWG already sells out without Styles on the card, and what I guess would be the current equivalent of Angle/Danielson has already happened with Hero/Styles in Canada.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:When asked about if or when we'll see AJ Styles in PWG, "when they book me."

PWG already sells out without Styles on the card, and what I guess would be the current equivalent of Angle/Danielson has already happened with Hero/Styles in Canada.

Just a quick addition - if there was a Wrestlereunion this year with PWG, we could've seen Styles. But we'll never know...
Super Dragon Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:30 pm

I was at the CZW 15th Anniversary Show last night, first of all it was an awesome show, but more to the point, there are so many guys who would fit in perfectly in PWG. Drew Gulak, Biff Busick, Beaver Boys (Jon Silver and Alex Reynolds), Juicy Product (JT Dunn and David Starr), "Dirty Daddy" Chris Dickinson, take your pick, they are all awesome.

I excluded Shane Strickland, I think he will be a star on the indys but he needs a lot more experience right now.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:32 pm

I was thinking the same thing the last time I saw a Strickland match. This guy will be really good in a year, but he's still pretty raw right now. I agree with you about those guys you mentioned. And they would all probably be better booked in PWG than CZW (well, except for Gulak, anyway).
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:51 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I was thinking the same thing the last time I saw a Strickland match. This guy will be really good in a year, but he's still pretty raw right now. I agree with you about those guys you mentioned. And they would all probably be better booked in PWG than CZW (well, except for Gulak, anyway).

Well, to be fair Dickinson and Beaver Boys have been booked to look strong, however Busick is in some bullshit stable, and Juicy Product is booked horribly.

Out of all the people I mentioned I don't think people realize just how good Juicy Product are. check out the match I posted with JT Dunn vs Gargano in the non PWG section, and I think Starr has money written all over him, they definatly stood out in that 4 team match last night.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum