The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:07 pm

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:
El Asian wrote:I'd say just bring in Rickers as a singles guy first and then build him with Cage later on

Why? Cage is already over so if he tags it wouldn't take long for everybody to see how good ricker is. Then let him cut a "now that I'm here" promo and the rest would be history

what happends to with the taylors though??

They get pissed he turned on them(taylors are face) then brian cage can cut a promo about he just used them to get his name out there and to open the door for his partner. Just turn it into a fued, then there would be even more reason to bring chuck back. It won't happen often but by the time it does natural disaster would have made a name for themselves in pwg. The taylor boys storyline isn't going anywhere.....take it there
Souf Centrol

Postby KickToKill » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Just got home from a Chikara show, I'd definitely like to see some of those guys in PWG,...the Colony, Ultramantis, Quack, Jigsaw, Frightmare
KickToKill

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:46 pm

Frightmare needs to be brought in. Keeps getting better, trademark look, great moves.
Meltman

Postby VsideVince » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:46 am

Austin Aries
VsideVince

Postby ASSQUATCH » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 pm

I'd like to see Blood & Guts in PWG.
ASSQUATCH

Postby RobGrayson » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:56 pm

If the cost of flying them in would not be too much ...

Josef Von Schmidt
Vance Nevada
Giant Pharoah / Grimez
The Mauler
Joshua James Burton
Rip Impact

Most of these guys wrestle from Canada, but I have heard of them in other places too
RobGrayson

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:36 pm

Well...
I was hoping to see Eddie Edwards return, but I think he is going to be kinda busy now...

I hate to be a *spoiler*, but Eddie defeated Roderick Strong to become the NEW ROH World Champ earlier today at "Manhattan Mayhem IV".. :mrgreen:

Here is link to some brief footage of the win:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t21_yj084p4
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:07 am

The generic Super Dragon returns idea would be awesome, though, I'd like to see the Super Smash Bros. back, as well as some more women...
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Asian » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:53 pm

I agree that Eddie Edwards should come back but as mentioned, he will get busy though its not like PWG runs shows the day of ROH shows anyways despite the fact PWG doesn't really book the ROH champions all that much as far as I remember

as for Chikara guys, we always have that request and it never works out it seems but I say bring in Ultramantis Black, Hallowicked, and Frightmare altogether for one show at least

Super Dragon Mark wrote:I'd like to see the Super Smash Bros. back,

but SSB were never in PWG to begin with, so they really can't come back to PWG if they were never there
El Asian

Postby Whoblehwah » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:40 am

KickToKill wrote:Just got home from a Chikara show, I'd definitely like to see some of those guys in PWG,...the Colony, Ultramantis, Quack, Jigsaw, Frightmare

Yeah I was at the CHIKARA show in NYC and that match with The Colony and Quacksaw was AWESOME. Also, I like Frightmare, but his match was pretty much just a spot fest. The lung blower on the apron spot was dumb. Also the ending came out of no where. His match was pretty disappointing. If he ever comes to PWG I hope its with Hallowicked.
Whoblehwah

Postby Meltman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Whoblehwah wrote:Also, I like Frightmare, but his match was pretty much just a spot fest.

Regarding his possibly coming to PWG, that's inadvertently good advertisement.

Whoblehwah wrote:The lung blower on the apron spot was dumb.

There was an apron lungblower spot in Peter Avalon vs. Willie Mack from Mack's PWG debut. I thought it looked awesome. Spotfests are all about ridiculousness and leaving an impression.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:16 pm

You know what? I read the "lungblower on the apron" spot wrong. The spot in Avalon/Mack was different, Mack was hung at the ring ropes. I haven't seen the CHIKARA match so I don't know what that looked like.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:37 pm

I agree PWG does have a lot of spotfest wrestlers it seems though Frightmare as well as Frightmare's current stable members of Spectral Envoy, Ultramantis Black and Hallowicked, would do well together in PWG at least, personally though I would like to see Sugar Dunkerton and Dasher Hatfield in PWG instead
El Asian

Postby eldink » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:12 pm

bringing in new people means seeing less of some regulars.....not sure i want that....
eldink

Postby TelkEvolon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:06 am

eldink wrote:bringing in new people means seeing less of some regulars.....not sure i want that....

I could do without some regulars.

Zack Sabre Jr.
TelkEvolon

Postby Meltman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:02 am

I don't know why PWG doesn't do 8 matches a show at this point. There's a ton of locals, it's very doable and allows more debuts without going broke.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:07 am

eldink wrote:bringing in new people means seeing less of some regulars.....not sure i want that....

well at some point, regulars do get busy with working other promotions, so bringing in some new people can fill in that void plus some suggestions would also be likely be used for special occasions and time deals well, like some the international talent that people, me including, have suggested
El Asian

Postby eldink » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:52 am

one time shots are great.....some new talent is also great....balance is a difficult thing so i see both sides here...
eldink

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:30 pm

I think they might be starting to shift lesser talent around for room. Unless there's another reason The Cutlers aren't booked.

Usually when feds switch around midcard guys it's because they do weekend shows and want to change the nights up. But PWG only does 1 night shows now. Over half the card is gonna be locals so it's hard to keep people booked and bring in the special attraction wrestlers at the same time.

I like most of the locals but there are a few "big names" I can do without.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Meltman wrote:I like most of the locals but there are a few "big names" I can do without.

Like?
Souf Centrol

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum