The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:07 pm

I'd be cool with almost all of those guys too.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:27 pm

hey333 wrote:Top 10 Talents I'd like to see, and think deserve, to debut for PWG in 2015:

10. Jon Silver
9. Chris Dickinson
8. Jonathan Gresham
7. The Hooligans (Devin and Mason Cutter)
6. Silver Ant
5. Team Tremendous
4. Mike Bailey
3. JT Dunn
2. Ethan Page
1. Josh Alexander

Honorable Mentions: Shane Hollister, Rickey Shane Page, Eric Ryan, Davey Vega, Tim Donst, Tyson Dux, Kimber Lee, Fire Ant, Shynron, David Starr (with JT as Juicy Product), Shane Strickland, Timothy Thatcher

I think there is a boat load of talent out that that PWG could easily book as regulars in case ROH pulling talent is true. Even if its not, I think all talent I named still deserve a chance with PWG at some point.

All good choices, I still have my doubts with Silver Ant being brought into PWG due to presume heat between Quack and PWG, also casting doubt with Kimber Lee due to Dragon has his doubts flying out women wrestlers unless Kimber herself travels unless something changed now that Candice herself moved to Ohio recently and as for Fire Ant, I have nothing against him but you might as well just book Orange Cassidy instead.

Anyways to add into more wrestlers that could debut in next year: Matt Tremont, Cheerleader Melissa, Robert Evans/RD Evans/Archibald Peck, Buxx Belmar, The Bravado Brothers, Flamita, 3.0, and Drew Galloway, also in case and probably good chance anyways if WWE releases this guy by next year, I think Justin Gabriel would be a nice addition to PWG.
El Asian

Postby hey333 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:00 am

I was gonna say Galloway, but I see him being a special guest thing, not a full time regular (though Im totally for that if possible)

Also honestly, why not John Morrison? He lives in Cali still doesn't he? Sure he's not cheap but again maybe special guest and not exactly full time
hey333

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Id really like to see Timothy Thatcher, Jon Gresham, Ethan Page and Josh Alexander of all the guys previously listed

Plus more British guys!! Mastiff Mastiff Mastiff!
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:47 am

Well if we're making top 10 lists...

1/2) John Silver and Alex Reynolds
3) "Speedball" Mike Bailey
4/5) Team Tremendous
6) Silver Ant
7) Timothy Thatcher
8) "Chainsaw" Joe Gacy
9) Chris Dickinson
10) Corey Hollis

About Silver Ant... how bout bringing him in without a mask? Gulak, Orange Cassidy, and John Silver all wrestle without masks outside of Chikara (I know Gulak dosent wrestle with a mask anymore). I reallt think Silver Ant is that good that his only appeal is his gimmick, why not just create a whole new character?
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:53 am

I worded that weird, the point was I don't think Silver Ant needs his gimmick to be successful.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:09 pm

eastbay510 wrote:"Chainsaw" Joe Gacy

Really? Joe Gacy? I've never really got into the guy and I know you've been critical in the idea of PWG bringing in Tim Donst or Matt Tremont but I would rather see those guys in PWG than Joe Gacy though I don't follow CZW really that much anyways, so maybe you feel the opposite

hey333 wrote:I was gonna say Galloway, but I see him being a special guest thing, not a full time regular (though Im totally for that if possible)

Also honestly, why not John Morrison? He lives in Cali still doesn't he? Sure he's not cheap but again maybe special guest and not exactly full time

That is a good point, I was hoping for a short appearance against El Generico but clearly that's not gonna, maybe its the same reason PWG doesn't bring in Chris Masters despite the fact Masters lives in the area anyways though personally, I wouldn't exactly mind seeing Masters in PWG for a short bit
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:38 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:Mastiff Mastiff Mastiff!

Not enough people make noise for this guy.
Garden State Saint

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:

Hes a great talent, big and agile and looks like a mean motherfucker. I think his style would get over pretty quick in Reseda.
PWGnorthern

Postby PWGnorthern » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Well seeing as Cole, Fish, O'Reilly and Elgin seem to be done with PWG for the time being, id really love to see Jonathan Gresham be brought in
PWGnorthern

Postby jdrouskirsh » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:11 am

So apparently, while ROH is putting restrictions on where certain wrestlers can wrestle, apparently, TNA has lifted theirs... Hopefully than means we'll be able see Eddie Edwards and TJP back in PWG
jdrouskirsh

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:13 am

The DojoBros as heels would be something, if that could be put together. I also admit to wanting to see Samoa Joe, even if he is a shadow of his former self.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:15 am

Now that I think about it, Austin Aries is a natural heel, so he would be a pretty good partner for Roddy in DDT4 too.
pwggrodd

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:51 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:Well seeing as Cole, Fish, O'Reilly and Elgin seem to be done with PWG for the time being, id really love to see Jonathan Gresham be brought in

Gresham is a solid choice and a guy that could really benefit from PWG.
Garden State Saint

Postby PWGnorthern » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:32 pm

LTP was pretty popular when he was here, and Gresham, although similar in stature, is twice the talent Jerome Robinson is, he can work any guy no matter what size and is technically sound, plus has the aerial moves to wow. Hes in Europe a lot though so it would be tough to find a date, plus he lives in Atlanta I believe so that's probably an expensive flight
PWGnorthern

Postby KickToKill » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:25 pm

I'd like to see Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin in PWG
KickToKill

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:29 am

KickToKill wrote:I'd like to see Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin in PWG

Seriously?
eastbay510

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:40 pm

There are some decent talents I'd like PWG to try out/bring back, like Caleb Konley, Nese, Willie, the Briscoes, Tim Thatcher, Paul London, Everett, and others I can't think of now.

PWGnorthern wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:

Hes a great talent, big and agile and looks like a mean motherfucker. I think his style would get over pretty quick in Reseda.

He's like 5'10, if that. If PWG was gonna bring in more Brit talent, I'd think a lot of guys would come before him on the list, like El Ligero.

jdrouskirsh wrote:So apparently, while ROH is putting restrictions on where certain wrestlers can wrestle, apparently, TNA has lifted theirs... Hopefully than means we'll be able see Eddie Edwards and TJP back in PWG

He was at BOLA.

To my understanding, Charlie "retired" and only works Texas now, and Shelton is rocking NJPW.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Asian » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:There are some decent talents I'd like PWG to try out/bring back, like Caleb Konley, Nese, Willie, the Briscoes, Tim Thatcher, Paul London, Everett, and others I can't think of now.

I agree though the Briscoes might not happen because I believe they do have an ROH contract, which as we all know is the reason PWG is losing Kyle, Fish, Cole, and Elgin by next year probably

eastbay510 wrote:

Seriously?

I agree, though I'm not huge on the idea of PWG bringing these guys either, I rather see the Hardy Boys in PWG as they do indies, even against the Young Bucks recently, and are bigger names to bring in but yeah, I will agree that there newer talent for PWG to bring over the Hardy Boys before someone says it

I definitely agree with bringing in Gresham, I don't know what issue would flying him be, I don't think a flight from Atlanta would be that expensive, seems roughly the same flying guys from North Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, Jersey, Canada, Cleveland, and NY. Also, speaking of John Morrison, it should be noted that he was at Black Cole Sun, so maybe something is being set up there?

Also, going back to hopefully PWG bringing back LTP and Willie Mack, if they ever do come back to PWG, I would like to see them paired together again
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:14 pm

El Asian wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:There are some decent talents I'd like PWG to try out/bring back, like Caleb Konley, Nese, Willie, the Briscoes, Tim Thatcher, Paul London, Everett, and others I can't think of now.

I agree though the Briscoes might not happen because I believe they do have an ROH contract, which as we all know is the reason PWG is losing Kyle, Fish, Cole, and Elgin by next year probably

eastbay510 wrote:

Seriously?

I agree, though I'm not huge on the idea of PWG bringing these guys either, I rather see the Hardy Boys in PWG as they do indies, even against the Young Bucks recently, and are bigger names to bring in but yeah, I will agree that there newer talent for PWG to bring over the Hardy Boys before someone says it

I definitely agree with bringing in Gresham, I don't know what issue would flying him be, I don't think a flight from Atlanta would be that expensive, seems roughly the same flying guys from North Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, Jersey, Canada, Cleveland, and NY. Also, speaking of John Morrison, it should be noted that he was at Black Cole Sun, so maybe something is being set up there?

Also, going back to hopefully PWG bringing back LTP and Willie Mack, if they ever do come back to PWG, I would like to see them paired together again

What's the last good WGTT match? Probally against The Kings of Wrestling back in 2010/11. On top of that and the fact that Haas dosen't do much, Haas also has a reputation as a bully
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum