The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:32 am

TMDK would be cool for DDT4. those guys are underrated imo.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:18 pm

Yeah definitely, Haste was entertaining when he was in PWG, and hes only improved since then. Would love TMDK for DDT4!!
PWGnorthern

Postby El Asian » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:15 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:With ZSJ and Chris Hero in NOAH quite a bit I wouldn't mind seeing some NOAH dudes, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Taiji Ishimori, Takeshi Morishima, return of Shane Haste plus Mikey Nicholls and Daisuke Harada

Definitely agree with TMDK being brought back plus I can probably see NOAH guys in PWG, given PWG probably draws more than NOAH these days anyways.
El Asian

Postby PWGnorthern » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Haha that is true, TMDK would be great, and now if these ROH guys cant fly out anymore, have some locals, couple fly ins and a special international talent or two flown in. PWG wont miss a beat
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:21 pm

I completely disagree about PWG not missing a beat.I think they will struggle for a while until new stars are built up. The ROH guys leaving leaves some BIG shoes to fill, and what if they sign The Young Bucks,Bad Influence, and Matt Sydal, and WWE signs Uhaa? It will be tough for sure, and it's a really shitty situation... but I think in time PWG will rebuild. Here are my thoughts on some guys that can carry the company:

TMDK: I love this the idea of bringing these guys in, even if it could be semi-regularly, expecially if reDRagon won't be able to be booked it would be nice to have that Japanese style tag team around.

Zack Sabre Jr.: Same with TMDK,I would love to see him semi-regularly, although I don't know how releastic that would be,I'm sure flights from both England and Japan are not cheap.

Kenny Omega: Now that he is with New Japan his schedule is open to do more PWG,if he can work a schedule like Ricochet's I can see himbeing a main eventer,possibly getting another title run.

Chris Dickenson: Kinda like Davey Richards,only bigger, more badass, and a huge asshole. He has really made a name for himself in Beyond Wrestling, would love to see him get get a shot at PWG.

"Speedball" Mike Bailey: I'm not completely sold on him to be honest,but I am really curious to see him in person. He is really getting over in CZW and has a very unique style.

Silver Ant: Probally my favorite Chikara guy, really good technical wrestler who I feel sometimes gets lostin the shuffle due to their being 15 guys with ant gimmicks now.

Drew Gulak: He's great, I would love to see him back.

Brian Meyers: I liked him at BOLA, besides that finish I thought he looked good. On top of that remember Trent? on his first PWG weekend. Give him a little time to get acclimated to the indy style, even he accknowleged that he needs to get used to it.

Timothy Thacher: Great and local, why not?

Beaver Boys: I've mentioned them lot's of times, John Silver is amazing and has charisma, which PWG will need if they lose Cole.
eastbay510

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:54 pm

I'd like to see some more California/West Coast/whatever "local" talent on PWG cards
Super Dragon Mark

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:55 am

Maybe bringing Ryan Taylor back in his sleazy heel persona he uses now wouldn't be a bad idea. Some locals, plus some guys from CZW, Beyond Wrestling, ISW, AIW, AAW, and the North Carolina indies they got Lee, Alexander and Everett from, could all help to cover from the potential ROH talent loss.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:52 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Maybe bringing Ryan Taylor back in his sleazy heel persona he uses now wouldn't be a bad idea. Some locals, plus some guys from CZW, Beyond Wrestling, ISW, AIW, AAW, and the North Carolina indies they got Lee, Alexander and Everett from, could all help to cover from the potential ROH talent loss.

No thanks on Ryan Taylor.

A couple guys I could see in PWG in a couple years are Shane Strickland and Danny Cannon, both guys need way more experience, and Cannon really needs to quit wrestling exactly like Low Ki. Another guy I like from CZW is Chainsaw Joe Gacy... I think he is really good,but I may litterly be his only fan so I don't expect him to be brought in.

The only other guys who I like from the North Carolina indys (PWX and CWF Mid atlantic) are Kaleb Conneley and Corey Hollis. I wouldn't seeing Hollis get a shot,I thought he showed a lot of potential in ROH last year.
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Corey Hollis is a guy I would really like to see be brought in...and I also see Timothy Thatcher in PWG really soon, hopefully Gulak returns as well
PWGnorthern

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:30 am

Thatcher is an awesome wrestler and deserves to be showcased regularly in any of the more notable indy feds.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:50 am

Word is that EVOLVE might begin running China regularly and start signing people, so if that happens, the guys who work there and for PWG are probably going to have to be replaced too. Shit.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:35 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Word is that EVOLVE might begin running China regularly and start signing people, so if that happens, the guys who work there and for PWG are probably going to have to be replaced too. Shit.

I can understand about doing a show or 2 in China for the novelty of it but doing it regularly sounds like a financial nightmare that requires to fly out a lot of talent and staff to run shows in China plus I don't think EVOLVE really pays that much to do something like this and given Gabe actually has no issue with PWG, I doubt he would try to screw the company over like this, then again, neither would Delirious but the stuff going on with PWG and ROH is way above Delirious at this point if that rumor is true.

Anyways I definitely agree about Thatcher being brought and while I'm sure Silver Ant is a solid worker and all, I don't know if he would able to work for PWG as long as he is working for Chikara due to Quack is probably his handling Ant's bookings and some rumors between issues involving Quack and PWG that might prevent this.

Super Dragon Mark wrote:I'd like to see some more California/West Coast/whatever "local" talent on PWG cards

Agreed, as I mentioned before, I would love for PWG to bring back Willie Mack, LTP, Brandon Gatson, Peter Avalon, Ray Rosas, and Adam Thorstowe but I always want to add that I would also like to see PWG give Chris Kaddilak and Famous B another shot as well.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:26 am

I liked that backwards tope suicida Kadillak did. He was also the first person I saw do a shooting star cannonball, well before AR Fox did it. And yeah, PPRAY for DDT4! Speaking of that, I saw 2CW are putting the DojoBros back together for a Dec. 27th show-bring them back too!
pwggrodd

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:48 pm

El Asian wrote:Anyways I definitely agree about Thatcher being brought and while I'm sure Silver Ant is a solid worker and all, I don't know if he would able to work for PWG as long as he is working for Chikara due to Quack is probably his handling Ant's bookings and some rumors between issues involving Quack and PWG that might prevent this.

Agreed, as I mentioned before, I would love for PWG to bring back Willie Mack, LTP, Brandon Gatson, Peter Avalon, Ray Rosas, and Adam Thorstowe but I always want to add that I would also like to see PWG give Chris Kaddilak and Famous B another shot as well.

I always thought Thatcher was born in the wrong era, he definitely could have fit in the 80s... Anyways this guy deserves a shot. Also... I MISS BRANDON GATSON! Every now and then the song he sung in Chile gets stuck in my head, "Party! P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-party! P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-party!" lmao
OSKMIA

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Id really like to see more British and European talent given a chance, with the crazy instant success of ZSJ, although I know not everyone will get over as soon as he did... I would really love to see Dave Mastiff and Will Ospreay come for a show
PWGnorthern

Postby El Asian » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:50 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:Id really like to see more British and European talent given a chance, with the crazy instant success of ZSJ, although I know not everyone will get over as soon as he did... I would really love to see Dave Mastiff and Will Ospreay come for a show

I agree with this and as I have suggested before, bring in guys like Tommy End, Michael Dante, Marty Scrull, Noam Dar, and El Ligero as well

OSKMIA wrote:I always thought Thatcher was born in the wrong era, he definitely could have fit in the 80s... Anyways this guy deserves a shot. Also... I MISS BRANDON GATSON! Every now and then the song he sung in Chile gets stuck in my head, "Party! P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-party! P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-party!" lmao

Gatson wrestles has been wrestling for other indies, which is why I suggest PWG to bring him back.

Anyways, as we all know, TNA is allowing their guys to work other indies more and more due to losing money and losing Spike TV as well and I know people suggest bringing in guys like Aries and Joe, which is fine but I would like to see PWG try to bring in Bobby Roode as well if possible.
El Asian

Postby dmw87 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Shane Hollister honestly could be jerking the curtain in a tag match or something. Start super fucking small. Dude can go, but he doesn't have any push beyond Iowa, Illinois and Iowa, though.
dmw87

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:36 pm

El Asian wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:I'd like to see some more California/West Coast/whatever "local" talent on PWG cards

The only guy I really wanna see is Mack. I wouldn't mind Kadilak or Famous B. What about that Timothy Thatcher guy? Or other up-and-coming California/West-coast/whatever the fuck region talent.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:48 am

i'd still like to see shaun ricker in PWG
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby hey333 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:14 pm

Top 10 Talents I'd like to see, and think deserve, to debut for PWG in 2015:

10. Jon Silver
9. Chris Dickinson
8. Jonathan Gresham
7. The Hooligans (Devin and Mason Cutter)
6. Silver Ant
5. Team Tremendous
4. Mike Bailey
3. JT Dunn
2. Ethan Page
1. Josh Alexander

Honorable Mentions: Shane Hollister, Rickey Shane Page, Eric Ryan, Davey Vega, Tim Donst, Tyson Dux, Kimber Lee, Fire Ant, Shynron, David Starr (with JT as Juicy Product), Shane Strickland, Timothy Thatcher

I think there is a boat load of talent out that that PWG could easily book as regulars in case ROH pulling talent is true. Even if its not, I think all talent I named still deserve a chance with PWG at some point.
hey333

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum