The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:55 pm

CJ Parker really impressed me at BOTB. I'd be down for watching him in any fed.
Garden State Saint

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:39 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:CJ Parker really impressed me at BOTB. I'd be down for watching him in any fed.

How did Gresham look?
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:31 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:CJ Parker really impressed me at BOTB. I'd be down for watching him in any fed.

How did Gresham look?

As far as wrestling, great. He has added a lot more to his move set. He isn't just a technical wrestler now, he is very good all around. As far as his new gimmick... It is really weird. He now goes by "The Octopus" Johnathan Gresham, he has weird entrance gear and a mask, also he is using mist too. I think the gimmick could work, but right now it feels forced, he needs to fine tune it a bit.

Everyone in the tournament looked good besides Aaron Williams and Joey Janela. Another guy who really stood out to me was "Hotsauce" Tracy Williams, he is still a little green, but damn, he is one to watch out for.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:28 am

i saw tracy williams in EVOLVE once and he was decent, definitely showed potential.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:00 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
PWGnorthern wrote:

How did Gresham look?

As far as wrestling, great. He has added a lot more to his move set. He isn't just a technical wrestler now, he is very good all around. As far as his new gimmick... It is really weird. He now goes by "The Octopus" Johnathan Gresham, he has weird entrance gear and a mask, also he is using mist too. I think the gimmick could work, but right now it feels forced, he needs to fine tune it a bit.

Everyone in the tournament looked good besides Aaron Williams and Joey Janela. Another guy who really stood out to me was "Hotsauce" Tracy Williams, he is still a little green, but damn, he is one to watch out for.

Haha yeah ive been reading about his octopus gimmick, I saw a pic of the mask he wears and I think it looks pretty cool. Him and another British wrestler, Chris Brookes, go by the tag name of Calamari Catch Kings, so they've incorporated the octopus thing a lot, especially Octopus Stretch and misting guys, but I think he'd be a real great addition to PWG, hopefully a BOLA debut
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:14 am

So something pretty intresting happened in AIW this past weekend. The Young Bucks wrestled Cheech and Colin Delaney in what was reported to be a great match. After the Bucks really put them over and said "They should be on the west coast and overseas". I'd be down, expecially Delaney,the dude has busted his ass to become a serious wrestler and has gotten into really good shape.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun May 03, 2015 11:30 am

eastbay510 wrote:
PWGnorthern wrote:

How did Gresham look?

He has been called The American Octopus for a little bit now and it's not mist, it's ink. :lol:
Garden State Saint

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat May 09, 2015 12:39 am

not sure why this just came to me but i'd like to see bulldog jr in reseda. i know he wrestled for PWG once before but those wrestlereunion shows were kind of weird.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby El Asian » Sat May 16, 2015 2:21 pm

eastbay510 wrote:So something pretty intresting happened in AIW this past weekend. The Young Bucks wrestled Cheech and Colin Delaney in what was reported to be a great match. After the Bucks really put them over and said "They should be on the west coast and overseas". I'd be down, expecially Delaney,the dude has busted his ass to become a serious wrestler and has gotten into really good shape.

Yeah, he has been someone I have been liking to see in PWG, maybe bring in Cheech with him as well for tag matches.

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:not sure why this just came to me but i'd like to see bulldog jr in reseda. i know he wrestled for PWG once before but those wrestlereunion shows were kind of weird.

I wouldn't mind as well, I think he could work well enough, maybe bring in his partner Lance Archer for matches.

Also, I know people are against bringing back Colt Cabana but I think it be nice to bring him back to mostly team with Hero, probably would have nice for DDT4 but its too late for that. Also one guy I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet for PWG to bring in, Shynron, a guy has been doing well lately and could be really great in PWG, just debut him against AR Fox to showcase himself. Similarly, I'm still pushing for PWG to bring in Matt Tremont, I know eastbay is against it but I think Tremont would be the type of brawler that PWG could use, debut him against Mike Bailey to showcase and he'll get over.

Finally, I know Dragon is against bringing in more women wrestlers due to not being a fan of it but I say, besides bringing in Cheerleader Melissa, who is usually in town anyways that shouldn't require a plane ticket, as well as bringing back Christina Von Eerie, I say bring in Veda Scott and Ivelisse when they are in town as well.
El Asian

Postby El Asian » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Also, I've suggesting that PWG should bring in Takaki Watanabe, an NJPW wrestler on a US excursion, as long as he's here but another Japanese guy that's been in this country is Seiya Sanada, who joined TNA through Wrestle-1 and formerly AJPW but recently left both TNA and Wrestle-1 and is currently freelancing here in the US, I think he be another guy PWG could bring in as long as he's here in the US.
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:06 am

Regarding Cabana, I'd really like to see him pop up in PWG a couple times here and there. He works a fed out by in me in New Jersey (its not worth mentioning the name) pretty often and I feel those matches just fall into obscurity and in a way are just a detriment to Cabana. The guy still has plenty to offer up, especially to guys like Bailey and Trevor Lee.
Garden State Saint

Postby OSKMIA » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:52 am

Someone mentioned him earlier and I agreed but Joe Gacy has been impressing the shit out of me lately...
OSKMIA

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:51 pm

By the way, word is Zack Sabre Jr. and Tommy End will be touring together in the US throughout the summer and early fall months. I think all of you can guess what that might mean. Also, there are some vague rumors swirling about Ricochet working in Dragon Gate again, which might have an effect on his availability.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:28 pm

I'm sure it'll happen at a future show but I would like to see Roppongi Vice together
El Asian

Postby OSKMIA » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:27 pm

El Asian wrote:I'm sure it'll happen at a future show but I would like to see Roppongi Vice together

Eh I'm fine with Best Friends to be honest. It seems more like an ROH creation than PWG... Plus it would be kind of weird seeing Chuck on the sidelines.
OSKMIA

Postby El Asian » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:03 pm

I understand keeping Chuck but the problem right now is that Chuck's future is a bit unclear as of late as Chuck has been telling people he is retiring soon but Chuck could be working people or he is going to the WWE, so maybe well start putting Rocky and Trent? together in PWG plus they worked well in NJPW lately anyways.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:53 am

So CJ Parker is going to New Japan as Juice Robinson. I thought he looked really good at Best of the Best a few months back, I'm sure he will get better from going to Japan, I would love to see him in Reseda in 2016.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Sure. He did look pretty good in CZW. You know, in Canada and the Northeast US Speedball travels with the Tabarnak de Team a lot. I think PWG should consider giving them a try. Also, I hope the Beaver Boys are back soon. I also want to see RPG Vice.
pwggrodd

Postby OSKMIA » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:21 pm

eastbay510 wrote:So CJ Parker is going to New Japan as Juice Robinson. I thought he looked really good at Best of the Best a few months back, I'm sure he will get better from going to Japan, I would love to see him in Reseda in 2016.

Huh?! I thought he retired?!
OSKMIA

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:13 pm

He retired the CJ Parker identity. He's just decided to go back to his pre-NXT name.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum