The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:31 am

I don't believe Alex Kozlov vs. Davey Richards has happened in PWG yet.
Garden State Saint

Postby Facetious » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:11 pm

PWG's Twitter announced that Sami Callihan will make his PWG debut on April 21st.

Excellent news!
Facetious

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Facetious wrote:PWG's Twitter announced that Sami Callihan will make his PWG debut on April 21st.

Excellent news!

I think Im speaking for all PWG fan when I say this; Excalibur, can I please make out with you??? But In all seriousness thanks for listening to the fans voices, its things like this that makes us fans so passionate about this company (yes I realise how emo that sounded) .
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:11 pm

really glad Callihan is getting a shot, I was impressed with his appearance in DGUSA during WrestleReunion, speaking of his DGUSA match, I also hope PWG gives AR Fox a shot as well
El Asian

Postby Whoblehwah » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:14 pm

I've been wanting to see Sami in PWG for a while. He's pretty awesome.

I hope they bring back Alex Koslov. I can't believe WWE did nothing with him.
Whoblehwah

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Facetious wrote:PWG's Twitter announced that Sami Callihan will make his PWG debut on April 21st.

Excellent news!

I love it. The PWG crowd is gonna love this guy.
Garden State Saint

Postby SlayJ » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:42 pm

Excellent news!

Being front row in Reseda just got a lot more interesting!
SlayJ

Postby ajday » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Excellent news!

Also on twitter, Steen has pretty much called out Calihan for a match and Sami and Steen are already going at it... And we're more than two months away. If these two go for months on Twitter, AND have a match together, it will be built up and highly anticipated for those following them.
ajday

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:44 pm

El Asian wrote:really glad Callihan is getting a shot, I was impressed with his appearance in DGUSA during WrestleReunion, speaking of his DGUSA match, I also hope PWG gives AR Fox a shot as well

AR Fox . . . meh :|
So Cal Punk

Postby ad.breed » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:27 am

Sami does hover on the line between awesome and annoying. I'm glad to see him get a shot in PWG but I'm waiting to see how he does.
ad.breed

Postby CheMateo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:43 am

JAG wrote:from wrestlinginc.com Alex Koslov was removed from the FCW roster page, which indicates release from wwe. It would be awesome to see him wrestle locally again, if he doesn't return to mexico.

That sucks for him if that is indeed the case. But selfishly, it would be great for us! I really missed Koslov after ASW VI.

Garden State Saint wrote:I don't believe Alex Kozlov vs. Davey Richards has happened in PWG yet.

That match would be fun to see. But I wish things with Low Ki did not go south as I would liked to have seen Ki/Koslov II in PWG. The two men had a great match, better than Ki/Davey in my opinion, in Pro Wrestling War.

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer, but Sami Callihan does not excite me. But who knows? Maybe I will shut up and eat my words after seeing him live in PWG.
CheMateo

Postby Colt Banana » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:02 pm

I'm open to the idea of Sami in PWG. Honestly I haven't watched a lot of Sami so my opinion of him wouldn't be as accurate as other people here but he's always seemed pretty solid in the few times I've seen him and I'll be interested to see how he goes over in Reseada. Ok I'm going to throw one out there and I fully expect the idea to die a horrible death but...... am I the only one curious to see what Mike Bennet in PWG would be like? I'm not saying he should be a main event or semi main or anything at all like that, but I am genuinely curious to see how it would go and I'd like to see how pissed the fans get at him. And hell if he doesn't work out feed him to Super Dragon in a 30 second squash or something!
Colt Banana

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:06 pm

Callihan I got no problem with, new talent is always exciting, hes a bit of a character so im interested in how he'll do, especially if he is indeed facing off against Steen in his first match, or its its Steen/Dragon in a tag against him and whoever.
I just neeeed an update for the next event, i find myself checking the site far too much than any normal person should
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Colt Banana wrote:I'm open to the idea of Sami in PWG. Honestly I haven't watched a lot of Sami so my opinion of him wouldn't be as accurate as other people here but he's always seemed pretty solid in the few times I've seen him and I'll be interested to see how he goes over in Reseada. Ok I'm going to throw one out there and I fully expect the idea to die a horrible death but...... am I the only one curious to see what Mike Bennet in PWG would be like? I'm not saying he should be a main event or semi main or anything at all like that, but I am genuinely curious to see how it would go and I'd like to see how pissed the fans get at him. And hell if he doesn't work out feed him to Super Dragon in a 30 second squash or something!

Im not gonna kill you on this one, Im just gonna say a few reasons why I wouldnt want to see Bennett in PWG.
1. The heat he would get would be great, but you would really only be bringing him in for the heat.
2. Ive seen enough of the guy to know that he is getting better but does not consistantly put on good matches, mabey in a couple years if he keeps inproving.
3. I would rather see AR Fox, Johnny Gargano, Uhaa Nation, Michael Elgin, The Bravados, Hallowicked, Even Robert Anthony before Bennett.
4. I would rather see guys like Chuck Taylor, SSB, Cole and O'Reilly being booked every show insted of giving the spot to Bennett... Unfortunatly there are a limited number of spots on a limited number of shows.
eastbay510

Postby JAG » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:30 pm

CheMateo wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:I don't believe Alex Kozlov vs. Davey Richards has happened in PWG yet.

That match would be fun to see. But I wish things with Low Ki did not go south as I would liked to have seen Ki/Koslov II in PWG. The two men had a great match, better than Ki/Davey in my opinion, in Pro Wrestling War.

That match was awesome! I was there, it was actually my first indy show. I was so impressed at how they beat the hell out of each other, and were so competitive for all 20 fans in attendance. Glad I got the dvd to that show through eBay
JAG

Postby rohgenextfan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Super Smash Bros. are coming back! From the PWG Twitter:

"Main event signed for 3/17. Four way tag team madness! Appetite for Destruction vs Super Smash Bros vs RockNES Monsters vs The Young Bucks!"
rohgenextfan

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:08 am

ajday wrote:

Excellent news!

Also on twitter, Steen has pretty much called out Calihan for a match and Sami and Steen are already going at it... And we're more than two months away. If these two go for months on Twitter, AND have a match together, it will be built up and highly anticipated for those following them.

Steen vs. Callihan would be a fresh match and both guys would just destroy each other. Callihan against Steen would be one helluva way to debut for PWG.
Garden State Saint

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
ajday wrote:

Excellent news!

Steen vs. Callihan would be a fresh match and both guys would just destroy each other. Callihan against Steen would be one helluva way to debut for PWG.

Yeah, but it would mean Steen/Dragon would go 3 shows without defending the titles. Sami/partner vs. Appetite perhaps?
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:19 pm

I'm all for Steen vs. Sami happening in PWG but I wouldn't mind waiting either as you raise a good point.
Garden State Saint

Postby Colt Banana » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Eastbay 1st off thank you for having a very calm, reasonable response. I absolutely agree that my main reason would just be for the heat, I'm very curious to see the rection from the pwg crowd. I suppose my ideal scenario would be a multi night BOLA where he lost the 1st night and then worked the multi man the next night where he could just rile up the crowd. I think he's a solid enough wrestler who doesn't do anything flashy because he doesn't want the fans to cheer him, admittedly I don't watch every ROH show so again other people may have more informed opinions, but from what I've seen of him I've enjoyed his work. There may be a chance that I like Mike Bennet as a concept more than the wrestler. I really dig the idea of a wwe style wrestler in an ROH context where he's the opposite of everything the company supposedly stands for and I'd like to see if that dynamic would translate into pwg where things have always been a bit less serious than roh (and that's a strength of PWG's IMO ). As for all the wrestlers you listed, I'd love to see them all in pwg too and I'm not necessarily sure I'd book Bennet at the expense of one of them either, specifically Elgin who is somebody I'd love to see before the end of the year.
Colt Banana

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum