The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:55 pm

El Asian wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:Id love to see Zack Sabre Jr brought in, but I doubt it will ever happen unless PWG goes back to Europe.

though Sabre has been working a lot US indies as of late, so I can see PWG bringing him in whenever he's in town at least

Hawkeye wrote:And, I want to see the Northstar Express brought in. NSX are my favorite tag team in wrestling (and are friends of mine, but I became friends with them after I was their fan). I just want to see them anywhere that has more of a national exposure than for KOT once a year... And Cruz isnt even going this year.

actually I have heard another reason why Ryan Cruz is taking time away from wrestling right now

Sabre is over on a mini tour of the northeast. Its quite a trip to make it out for a show. I dont think hes staying much after KOT. And he for sure wont be at WINNING as hes working the WxW/CZW shows this weekend.

And, what have you heard about Cruz? I havnt heard anything on the net about his reasoning so Im just wondering whats been floating out there.
Hawkeye

Postby Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:04 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff wrote:
BTW, All the shit Callihan and Arik Cannon were saying (ahem... "cum dumpster?") made me uncomfortable when I was sitting right next to this like 6 year old kid :lol:

There was a lot of yelling and pointless profanity, and I don't think it helped their cause.

Pointless is right. Their little confrontation was the worst part of an overall fantastic show. And didn't help either men. Crowd wasn't into it.

Like the whole exchange with Bosh challenging Steen to a "Suck My Cock" Match and Steen realizing at the end there were kids in the front row. :mrgreen:

Ah... Based on a True Story. One of my all time favs. So funny. And great match too. I wish I could see a "BOSH" and "STEEN" punch out one last time.
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:18 pm

The Generic Luchador wrote:I know it is kinda random but I think Rhett Titus and Kenny King in PWG for a show or two would be cool.

King was in PWG once and sucked. I think if they brought him back to try out against some locals he could fare well. Last I heard he lives in NV so cheap to bring in.

As for Rhett Titus, well, we already got Joey Ryan who's a better sleazeball and wrestler.

El Asian wrote:and speaking of their partner in King of Trios, I know I'll probably get a huge negative reaction for this suggestion but how bringing in Sean Waltman? I know but hear me out on this one, he does do lots of indies, he's even wrestled here in SoCal every now and then as well, so he can at least be brought in when he's in town as well, maybe have him team with someone that TigerDriver98 has always suggested PWG to bring in, Marty Jannetty

I'd happily watch X-Pac in PWG over fucking Shane Helms or Kizarny. X-Pac still does stupid dives and shit, even though he's old. He can go well.
Meltman

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:17 pm

A name that I hadn't thought about in a while that would be fun would be Matt Cross. He brings some fun stuff to the table and would be great to have him in the West.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:04 pm

"Sugar" Shane Helms and Shannon Moore.

;)
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:13 am

Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff wrote:"Sugar" Shane Helms and Shannon Moore.

;)

*stand up, looks at everybody* Boo this man.....BOOOOO!!
Souf Centrol

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:44 am

Has anyone heard of some guy named Aaron Bolo? He wrestled Ryan Taylor on NWA Hollywood last month and he looked pretty damn impressive, good look and good in the ring, I say bring him in for an opening match mabey against Peter
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Meltman wrote:
El Asian wrote:and speaking of their partner in King of Trios, I know I'll probably get a huge negative reaction for this suggestion but how bringing in Sean Waltman? I know but hear me out on this one, he does do lots of indies, he's even wrestled here in SoCal every now and then as well, so he can at least be brought in when he's in town as well, maybe have him team with someone that TigerDriver98 has always suggested PWG to bring in, Marty Jannetty

I'd happily watch X-Pac in PWG over fucking Shane Helms or Kizarny. X-Pac still does stupid dives and shit, even though he's old. He can go well.

well to update this, X-Pac (or 1-2-3 Kid for that one night) had a really strong impression at King of Trios and not only an amazing match teaming with Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin against Jinsei Shinzaki, Great Sasuke, and Dick Togo but also an amazing match against El Generico apparently plus Waltman mentions he's gonna retire at the end of 2011, so I say PWG should give him a shot
El Asian

Postby Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 am

I would love to see the King of Sting back.

Souf Centrol wrote:
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff wrote:"Sugar" Shane Helms and Shannon Moore.

;)

*stand up, looks at everybody* Boo this man.....BOOOOO!!

Ha. Totally trollin'.
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff

Postby jonah » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:31 pm

After watching the Evolve iPPV I say bring in AR Fox and Zack Sabre jr.
jonah

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:12 pm

I got a question for everyone; why do people hate Johnny Gargano so much? I I think hes pretty good in the ring and has charisma. I know im in the minority but I would love to see him get a shot.
eastbay510

Postby Coach » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:44 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I got a question for everyone; why do people hate Johnny Gargano so much? I I think hes pretty good in the ring and has charisma. I know im in the minority but I would love to see him get a shot.

I'm with you on this. Gargano is pretty awesome!

Actually after my weekend in philly for King of Trios, I would love to see the colony in pwg. Have them in a 6 man tag against the fighting taylor boys. I think pwg fans would be impressed by the ants!

Another wrestler I would want to see in pwg is marshe rockett from da soul touchaz. Hes rather tall but can fly around the ring and throws one of the nicest/hardest chops similar to low ki/roderick strong. I remember watching him during the rey de voladores match and just tearing pinkie sanchez's chest up!
Coach

Postby ajday » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:59 pm

I know this is slightly a throwback, but since it's All-Star Weekend 8, I thought of someone who hasn't been in a PWG ring for a while, and I know he isn't around on the East Coast nowadays...

B-boy.

At least he'd be an "All-Star" from the near-original days of PWG. What do others think?
ajday

Postby El Asian » Wed May 11, 2011 10:34 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I got a question for everyone; why do people hate Johnny Gargano so much? I I think hes pretty good in the ring and has charisma. I know im in the minority but I would love to see him get a shot.

I think its hype backlash to most indy guys these days, especially for those that wrestle on the east coast
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Thu May 12, 2011 7:24 am

El Asian wrote:

I think its hype backlash to most indy guys these days, especially for those that wrestle on the east coast

Couldn't be more wrong. This thread is constantly requesting non-West Coast guys. But in very small, specific cases (like Gargano, Sami Callihan, Moxley) there are true and valid points made for not bringing these guys in.

Johnny Gargano only got any exposure because of some shitty amatuer Nickelodeon-type webcam videos. They were even worse than the Jimmy Jacobs vids. His actual wrestling is extremely contrived, he's got moves like Brandon Gatson used to have and yet Gargano does them on a huge scale. He's the weakest link in his stable; he's missing Chuck's charisma and Swann's athelticism. Gargano tries waaay too hard in his vids.

He would bring NOTHING to PWG. His only saving grace is CHIKARA putting him in a stable with Icarus.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:06 am

I guess I see your point plus Goodtime and Yuma do somewhat of the same schtick about Nickelodeon and its probably easier to book them anyways

anyways, we all know about Matt Cross ended up canceling, probably contract reasons through WWE but hopefully he'll return to PWG and hopefully, another former Tough Enough joins Cross in PWG as well, Jason Watts
El Asian

Postby Colt Banana » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:23 pm

I'd be down with Jimmy Jacobs coming back, although I'm not sure a promotion that isn't heavy on storylines like pwg necessarily suits him. Another guy I really want to see is Quack, I'd imagine working with him could be really good for some of the younger guys on the roster.
Colt Banana

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:22 pm

I think Gargano is a fantastic wrestler and would be a natural fit to PWG but even better yet I think Gargano & Taylor vs. The Young Bucks would be a fantastic match as Gargano & Taylor have had solid matches as a team not only in DG USA but Chikara as well.
Garden State Saint

Postby SlayJ » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:37 pm

First off, I agree 100% on the idea to bring Quack in. The one time I saw him wrestle live was the DGUSA show in Phoenix on Wrestlemania weekend where he and Jigsaw took on the Young Bucks and it was really great stuff! A rematch of that in a PWG ring wouldn't suck.

And second off, I say HELL YES to Taylor and Gargano doing some work out here as a team. They are already a part of two factions...why not create a new one in PWG and make it three? "The Fightin' Taylor Boys + 1" or something. I dunno. But definitely bring them in!
SlayJ

Postby Itchypanda » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:59 pm

I'm not sure if I'm going to get flamed hard on this board but I hope PWG brings in Mschif. She's an incredible talent and highly creative with her submission holds. Maybe Mschif vs. Peter Avalon or Mschif vs. Candace LaRae. I know she books quite a bit in Illinois and her day job keeps her local in the Mid-West but just a suggestion. I've been a fan of hers for awhile.
Itchypanda

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum