The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:24 pm

El Asian wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:"Chainsaw" Joe Gacy

Really? Joe Gacy? I've never really got into the guy and I know you've been critical in the idea of PWG bringing in Tim Donst or Matt Tremont but I would rather see those guys in PWG than Joe Gacy though I don't follow CZW really that much anyways, so maybe you feel the opposite

hey333 wrote:I was gonna say Galloway, but I see him being a special guest thing, not a full time regular (though Im totally for that if possible)

Also honestly, why not John Morrison? He lives in Cali still doesn't he? Sure he's not cheap but again maybe special guest and not exactly full time

That is a good point, I was hoping for a short appearance against El Generico but clearly that's not gonna, maybe its the same reason PWG doesn't bring in Chris Masters despite the fact Masters lives in the area anyways though personally, I wouldn't exactly mind seeing Masters in PWG for a short bit

Just saw this, here's my defense for Gacy. I see why people don't like him,he was bad,real bad before this year, but I will argue with anyone that he is one of the most improved independent wrestlers in 2014. He dosen't do deathmatch wrestling anymore(in CZW anyway),he is in better shape,and has been having really good matches... and most of them were against guys like Shane Strickland(I like Strickland, but he is still ways away from being someone you can count on to have a great match every time). I would love to see him against some of the top indy guys. He is wrestling Johnathan Gresham in a couple weeks and I have pretty high hopes for that match.

I perfer him to Tremont because I just think he is a better worker to be honest, and I just find Donst boring.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:48 am

i'd like to see spanky come back and team with the bucks again, imo that just seemed like such a natural fit and was too short lived.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:21 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I perfer him to Tremont because I just think he is a better worker to be honest, and I just find Donst boring.

This... I don't see anything special about Tremont. Joe Gacy is kind of impressive if he focuses on just wrestling.
OSKMIA

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:41 pm

OSKMIA wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I perfer him to Tremont because I just think he is a better worker to be honest, and I just find Donst boring.

This... I don't see anything special about Tremont. Joe Gacy is kind of impressive if he focuses on just wrestling.

As impressive as he was in 2014 the only top wrestler he faced was Gulak (Strickland is very impressive but still a little green in my opinion). Also I didn't get to see this weekend's CZW show yet but according to a bunch of people on Twitter he had an amazing match with Gresham on Saturday.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Of course, you know most people are just going to attribute that to Gresham. That being said, Gacy is much improved, and worked hard in that match. He's not somebody I'd say was up to PWG standards, though.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:53 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Of course, you know most people are just going to attribute that to Gresham. That being said, Gacy is much improved, and worked hard in that match. He's not somebody I'd say was up to PWG standards, though.

I totally agree about the first part,Gresham is really good. I can see your point about not being up to PWG standards(although in my opinion if he were in the ring with top indy wrestlers I personally feel like he would have great matches). He hasn't been good for that long to be honest,but if he continues to improve and work as hard as he did in 2014, hey, who knows. I would love to see him get a shot in 2015, but even I'll admit he isn't as PWG ready as guys like the Beaver Boys, Team Tremendous, Mike Bailey,or even Matt Cage(watch his stuff from AAW's youtube page, he is great).
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:15 am

I'm surprised Matt Cage doesn't work in more places, really. He's pretty good, and is a great heel.
pwggrodd

Postby hey333 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:17 pm

Mike Bailey is officially making his debut on Feb 27th!
hey333

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:32 pm

hey333 wrote:Mike Bailey is officially making his debut on Feb 27th!

I marked out so fucking hard when I saw that, I seriously can't wait. As long as he dosen't cut a promo he will get over real quick.
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:36 pm

Mike Bailey, awesome debut... now really hoping for Thatcher and Gresham!!
PWGnorthern

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:08 am

Bailey is a great get but people in Reseda would lose their minds if Buxx rolled into town.
Garden State Saint

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:32 am

PWGnorthern wrote:Mike Bailey, awesome debut... now really hoping for Thatcher and Gresham!!

You know what's up.

I get that PWG is like the super indie promotion, but I wanna see the best of the locals too.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:Bailey is a great get but people in Reseda would lose their minds if Buxx rolled into town.

Ehh.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:
PWGnorthern wrote:Mike Bailey, awesome debut... now really hoping for Thatcher and Gresham!!

You know what's up.

I get that PWG is like the super indie promotion, but I wanna see the best of the locals too.

Gotta agree with this, I still hope PWG at least brings back Willie Mack, LTP, Brandon Gatson, Peter Avalon, Chris Kaddilak, Ray Rosas, Famous B, and Adam Thorstowe when it comes to locals.

eastbay510 wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:Bailey is a great get but people in Reseda would lose their minds if Buxx rolled into town.

Ehh.

I think Belmar has potential, he's done great working with Bailey and I think he could get really over in Reseda for his character.

As for Joe Gacy, I'm sure he has improved but I don't follow CZW and he is one guy that I have never cared about anyways but someone like Tim Donst has gotten much better especially his stuff from Chikara to AIW lately against Hero, Kingston, and Elgin among others and I will defend and push for PWG to bring Matt Tremont because he would definitely fill in the gap of a brawler type in PWG that has been missed with Steen, Callihan, and Drake gone plus Tremont is a solid worker as well from his matches against Bailey, Chris Dickinson, Busick, and Jaka.

Speaking Dickison and Jaka, I know we've suggested Dickinson and Jaka in PWG before but if PWG does bring them in, I say they should brought in together at least.
El Asian

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:45 am

i saw gresham/gacy and i wouldn't say it was amazing. it was good and gacy showed some technical wrestling ability but when facing a guy THAT small i thought he should've been wrestling like a person his size. anyways i think there's enough CZW guys currently if they're going to add more i'd rather he not be one.

speedball i haven't seen much of but i did see he and biff have a hell of a match for the CZW title so i'm sure they'll put on a good match.

tremont & buxx, i really hope not. so many california guys i'd rather see 1st.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:12 am

Buxx dosen't really offer much as far as actual wrestling. He is all gimmick,and I find his gimmick repulsive(yes,I know that's the point,but I don't find it entertaining repulsive, just repulsive)
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:59 pm

I think Belmar could get popular just from his unique personality in Reseda but i do agree there are some local guys do deserve another shot at least.

Anyways, something to note but Alex Koslov is retired and while I expect Rocky Romero to appear in singles, if PWG does need him for tag matches, well the only choices would be TJ Perkins or maybe the return of Ricky Reyes for a Havana Pitbulls reunion depending if Reyes is in town to shoot Lucha Underground.

Also, a random suggestion but maybe a possibility for PWG to bring in guys from Hoodslam, a really odd promotion in the San Francisco area, for a special showcase match in PWG, I think it could get really over in Reseda.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:36 pm

I feel like Rocky Romero is actually a bit underrated as a singles wrestler. A match between him and Zack Sabre Jr. could actually be pretty good, I think-both of them like their kicks and armbars!
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:36 pm

Yeah, I agree that Romero is great, I recall that he had a great series of matches with Strong, he could do great against Gulak, Busick, or Bailey.

Anyways, this just came in the news but Justin Gabriel has quit the WWE and I have suggested that if Gabriel got his future endeavors, PWG should look into bringing him in, I think Gabriel could fit nicely in PWG, maybe add another match for the February 27 show if possible.
El Asian

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:55 am

i'd like to see B-boy/reyes/cholo brought in as a freebird style team. those guys are awesome in lucha underground.
LBOinyamouf4sho

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum