The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby skitch » Sun May 14, 2017 8:11 am

pwggrodd wrote:Everybody's raving about his match against Will Ospreay for ROH last night. Word is he really held his own. Maybe Marty just wasn't the right guy to put him with? But I'd definitely say yes to another appearance.

Yeah, I was there for that. Definitely the best match I've ever seen live. White really held his own and showed a more vicious size since Ospreay was clearly the one more over.

This makes me hope Ospreay comes back soon too.
skitch

Postby eastbay510 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:24 am

A big thing that happened reciently that no one is talking about is Dahlia Black said in an interview that several wrestlers from Australia and New Zealand are following in her, TK, and Travis Banks's footsteps and applying for UK work visas. So I decided to subscribe to MCW (Melbourne City Wrestling) on demand service. There are several tremendous wrestlers over there, Adam Brooks, Dowie James, Mr. Juicy, Marcius Pitt, Jonah Rock (who you may have seen in NOAH a few years back), Slex, Eliot Sexton, Syd Parker, and JXT are all guys who may make a huge impact in Europe(depending on who goes for visas). Adam Brooks and Dowie James in particular are great professional wrestlers and should be in the top indys.

I'm assuming not this year, but in 2018 I would not be shocked if some of these guys get SPPT type buzz and potentially make their way to Reseda.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun May 14, 2017 4:24 pm

I agree that Jay White deserves another shot, no clue why his match with Scurll didn't work out, but he deserves another chance. Also I know they are some point of contention to bring back but I would still like to see Timothy Thatcher, Jack Evans, ACH, and Dalton Castle back as well and also bring back Rocky Romero, he always been solid when he appears, so surprise they hardly book the guy, I was kinda expecting Roppongi Vice last year but I guess probably won't happen over Best Friends.

As for debuts, well Jack Swagger is debuting for AAW in a few weeks against Michael Elgin, so depends how well that works out, maybe we could expect him by BOLA. Another guy I can see appearing in PWG very soon, maybe this year or next year, would be Chip Day after watching his match he had this year with Trevor Lee at CWF Mid Atlantic.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sun May 14, 2017 6:43 pm

I'd like to see Thatcher back, maybe with his Ringkampf partner Big Daddy Walter. Evans(with Angelico, maybe), Castle and Romero too. ACH would probably be better served as a member of a tag team, I think, but I don't know who you'd put him with other than AR Fox, who's been gone a long time too. Chip Day's a good suggestion. He's really been putting in work in the Southeastern U.S. lately.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Sun May 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Speaking of the Southeastern U.S., Anthony Henry and Ethan Case are guys to keep an eye over the next year or so as well.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:48 am

https://youtu.be/lEeBaYYSUI0

I really want to see both of these two in PWG. Both Adam Brooks and Dowie James are some of the most underrated guys in wrestling.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Mon May 22, 2017 7:07 pm

I remember PWG brought in some Australian guys maybe 9-10 years ago, but it only happened for a few shows and then never again. Might not be the worst idea.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:11 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I remember PWG brought in some Australian guys maybe 9-10 years ago, but it only happened for a few shows and then never again. Might not be the worst idea.

You never hear about the scene over there, and I am new to it myself, but there are a lot of great guys over there. I already know of 4 wrestlers who just got UK work visas, including a guy named Josh "The Axe" Shooter who has a bunch of potential and will probally be in places like RevPro and Progress at some point. But to me the one guy who I see exploding is Adam Brooks, to me he has superstar written all over him. Him and Dowie just had a 30 iron man match that I have as a MOTYC for MCW, and they had an underrated classic last year(it's on MCW's best of 2016 compilation on Vimeo, it's cheap and highly recommended).

I think we are gonna see a lot of guys break out huge in the next few months in the UK, I hope we get to see some of them in PWG. Adam Brooks for BOLA please.

And yeah, I definitely remember Haste and Nichols in PWG.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:34 pm

So I met this dude Josh Shooter in England a couple days ago. He just got his UK work Visa and is training in the Projo (Progress dojo) he is probally gonna be on Progress main shows in the next few months, snd I imagine will be on a lot of the bigger indys out there shortly after since he is really good already. He is another guy I would love to see come out at some point, and he isnt restricted bg a WWE contract like most of the good guys on the UK scene.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:12 am

pwggrodd wrote:I'd like to see Thatcher back, maybe with his Ringkampf partner Big Daddy Walter. Evans(with Angelico, maybe), Castle and Romero too. ACH would probably be better served as a member of a tag team, I think, but I don't know who you'd put him with other than AR Fox, who's been gone a long time too. Chip Day's a good suggestion. He's really been putting in work in the Southeastern U.S. lately.

Yeah, I feel Chip Day will be a guy that is gonna be someone we'll be seeing more, I say PWG should book him sooner than later as well, he actually kinda reminds me of Mike Bailey as well. But as for ACH, I think he's fine as a singles guy, he's been touring with NJPW lately, so I think him in singles is fine really and he was fine in NJPW during BOSJ tour.

Also, I really wished PWG booked Haste and Nicholls more especially as they were getting popular.
El Asian

Postby El Asian » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:20 pm

Anyways, we talked about PWG should book some new local guys one day and SoCalUncensored posted a nice suggestion of guys who would definitely fit in PWG, like the already suggested in the past with Adrian Quest, Eli Everfly, Brody King, Mike Camden and Andy Brown as well as Jake Atlas, Joe Heiken, and Tito Escondido

http://socaluncensored.com/2017/06/14/r ... -well-pwg/

Also mentioned there was Douglas James but apparently, he signed a contract where he only worked exclusively with another indie company except for Santino Brothers Academy but my issue here is the concept of signing an exclusive deal with an indie company, especially a small one, that feels restrictive for future bookings for PWG or anywhere else.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:07 am

So at MCW (Melbourne City Wrestling) TK Cooper...
Spoiler: show
defeated Dowie James in what was said to be a great match, he immediately lost the title to Mr. Juicy who cashed in money in the bank style.

Also at the same show...
Adam Brooks won the Intercommonwealth Title and challanged Will Ospreay in August, this could be a huge break for Brooks internationally.

I'm really hoping we get to see Brooksy and Juicy in next year's BOLA, and with TK/Travis/Jonah entered this year I don't see why not.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:57 am

Holy shit!!! Ok, so I have been hyping the Aussie scene up for a while now, well Will Ospreay just announced he is moving to Australia to help the scene out. With this and Jonah in BOLA now is the time to start paying attention to the scene over there. I really wouldn't be surprised if we get a few guys in BOLA next year.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:44 am

The ANZ region is on the way to an explosion in international visibility. It's a good thing for everyone. And on topic, I can't believe David Starr and Jonathan Gresham still haven't appeared in PWG yet.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:40 pm

I guess with WALTER coming to BOLA soon, I guess it is possible to see Ringkampf together in PWG ring whenever Thatcher makes his return, actually if Thatcher is available, maybe him and WALTER can face the Bucks at Night 1 of BOLA to replace South Pacific Power Trip, aside maybe an open challenge for night of BOLA. Also, we brought him up before but whenever he's available, still would like to see Juice Robinson in PWG and also I would like to see Killer Elite Squad make a few appearances.

Anyways, apparently there is rumors of Rusev and Lana wanting to leave the WWE, if this is true and not a work, I honestly wouldn't mind having Rusev in PWG for a few appearances, I think he could bring in something interesting if WWE hasn't killed his interest in wrestling
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm pretty sure Thatcher is living in Germany for the remainder of 2017. As far as Rusev goes, hell yeah, I would love to see vs Cobb or Riddle, even a match with Zack is pretty juicy.

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen that Adam Brooks vs Will Ospreay match yet? I have already watched it 3 times, definatly in my top 10 list for MOTY(to be fair I don't watch much New Japan, even so it is a great match I easily recommend). He has to be in BOLA next year, he is so good.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:04 am

Rusev vs, Keith Lee and Rusev vs. WALTER would be really good.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:47 pm

To bring up the David Starr stuff again, we know the suppose reason is issues between him and Shane Strickland but honestly, if that is the case, both Starr and Strickland need to suck it and be better men about it and just be professionals, tons of guys used to have heat to each other but are forced to share the locker room together whether they liked it or not, like Katsuyori Shibata and Hiroshi Tanahashi until recently where both men patched things up or BxB Hulk and Shingo Takagi, they all had to maintain working together on a professional level despite animosity, so basically if Strickland and Starr have heat, then they need to be better men and continue to work together in the future instead of preventing bookings from each other, its not like its a Sexy Star situation going on.

Anyways speaking of NJPW and Dragon Gate, time to transition in bringing up Japan again but anyways, Shigehiro Irie from DDT is returning for another US excursion since apparently despite being a great talent there, he's not exactly getting over in DDT plus since Irie is close to Sami Callihan and the Crist brothers, I wouldn't be surprised Irie gets a shot in PWG as long has he's in the US. Also speaking of Dragon Gate, looks like Dragon Gate guys are working indies again, apparently CIMA, Eita, and Masaaki Mochizuki are working Fight Club Pro in UK, so hopefully we get Dragon Gate guys appearing in PWG again. Also I know I've suggested NJPW guys like Naito, Tanahashi, and Okada for most likely a special All Star Weekend but I think if PWG ever got the opportunity, especially with Omega appearing again, I would like to see them booked against PWG guys that the NJPW guys never really face before outside of NJPW, ROH, or whatever UK company is booking them, like book something like Okada vs. Penta, Keith Lee vs. Tanahashi, or Naito vs. Cobb for example.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:14 am

Well, hey, if they listen to us and stop booking Strickland, then Starr can come in anyway.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum