The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:42 am

So Cal Punk wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:Wow. Ok. You were more receptive to my joke idea than I thought you'd be. :lol:

that's the joke 8)

What a fucking 'tard.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 am

ad.breed wrote:Shot in the dark. Talk about El Generico challenging for the AJPW Junior Heavyweight title. Bring back Kenny Omega and let's have it in Reseda. PLEASE!

trust me, PWG fans have been long hoping to have Kenny Omega back but even now, PWG has enough trouble trying to book Davey Richards from Japan, hopefully something can get worked out to see Omega in PWG, maybe co-promote with DDT like how PWG does with Dragon Gate, hell Dragon Gate itself has been co-promoting with DDT every now and then, so its not like Dragon Gate won't have issues with it

Meltman wrote:No female other than LuFisto is worth a plane ticket.

not even Sara Del Rey

Itchypanda wrote:Love Candice, but Sara Del Rey putting Joey Ryan in his place would be soooo entertaining.

that would be entertaining, personally though, I would love see Sara Del Rey take on guys like Kevin Steen or Roderick Strong though (then again, maybe Candice would do well against guys like Steen and Strong as well)

I know I have suggested this, probably because it does sound pretty stupid, but whenever PWG brings back Chuck Taylor, I would love to see Chuck Taylor to face another girl that would be nice for a one shot appearance, I'm still pushing for Chuck Taylor vs. Gail Kim in PWG plus its not like Gail doesn't work indies as well
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:55 am

El Asian wrote:

not even Sara Del Rey

That's right. She's been wrestling the same match for the last 5 years. After 1 match against Candice or a male not named Joey the non-pervs in the crowd would realize what a useless fly-in that was.

I see zero appeal in guys like Strong or Steen, who can have legit good matches, facing SDR. You can already see plodding intergender matches in Chikara.
Meltman

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:09 am

spanky would make me happy.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby So Cal Punk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:18 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:spanky would make me happy.

now I have to bring up Paul London
So Cal Punk

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:26 pm

My patience/enjoyment of Paul London seems to be long gone, which I don't enjoy saying.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 am

Garden State Saint wrote:My patience/enjoyment of Paul London seems to be long gone, which I don't enjoy saying.

can't really blame you, I would like for London and Kendrick in PWG again, though I have heard rumors right now that Kendrick is looking to return to the WWE, but London has his weird issues going right now though Excalibur has said in an interview, London would probably prefer working in feds that have huge crowds and can half ass it as its more catered to fans of seeing former WWE guys than the smaller PWG crowds and working a bit harder instead

Meltman wrote:
El Asian wrote:

not even Sara Del Rey

That's right. She's been wrestling the same match for the last 5 years. After 1 match against Candice or a male not named Joey the non-pervs in the crowd would realize what a useless fly-in that was.

I see zero appeal in guys like Strong or Steen, who can have legit good matches, facing SDR. You can already see plodding intergender matches in Chikara.

was suppose to be more of a question actually but honestly, I do see what you are getting at since most of SDR's male opponents are against guys that are smaller than her as of late but I do like to see her and Lufisto become a tag team in PWG as opposed to Candice's more spunky underdog type, Lufisto and SDR would be like the more the strong girl power type that can compete against the guys, I guess something like Chun Li and Cammy from Street Fighter would be a fair comparison
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:24 am

The Kendrick thing interests me as I imagine he still wants to work with Rey Misterio and maybe even Sin Cara.
Garden State Saint

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:14 am

To freshen this topic up, who is the wrestler people least want to see brought into PWG?
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:13 am

Garden State Saint wrote:To freshen this topic up, who is the wrestler people least want to see brought into PWG?

First and foremost Brandon Gatson, other then him; Rocky Romero, Ricky Reyes, Mike Bennett, Mike Mondo, Worlds "Greatest" Tag Team, Masada, Scotty Vortekz and Devon Moore.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:14 am

Garden State Saint wrote:To freshen this topic up, who is the wrestler people least want to see brought into PWG?

I forgot to add Brian Kendrick and Paul London.
eastbay510

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:47 pm

eastbay510 wrote:

I forgot to add Brian Kendrick and Paul London.

. . . :evil:
So Cal Punk

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 pm

eastbay510 wrote:

First and foremost Brandon Gatson, other then him; Rocky Romero, Ricky Reyes, Mike Bennett, Mike Mondo, Worlds "Greatest" Tag Team, Masada, Scotty Vortekz and Devon Moore.

A good deal of those guys I don't think have a shot at coming into PWG.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:33 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Gatson, Romero, or Reyes back in PWG and as for Masada, I wouldn't mind either way, I think he is a solid brawler, the only problem I think he has is that some of stuff in CZW does suck because most people he has been booked with are generally terrible but yeah, I completely agree that Devon Moore should never step foot in PWG and honestly, I'll probably get heat for this one from people, but one guy I really don't want to see in PWG, SoCal Crazy
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:50 am

El Asian wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Gatson, Romero, or Reyes back in PWG and as for Masada, I wouldn't mind either way, I think he is a solid brawler, the only problem I think he has is that some of stuff in CZW does suck because most people he has been booked with are generally terrible but yeah, I completely agree that Devon Moore should never step foot in PWG and honestly, I'll probably get heat for this one from people, but one guy I really don't want to see in PWG, SoCal Crazy

I dont like Masada but he is better then Moore and Vortekz, but to be fair last years Cage of Death was surprisingly really entertaining (this coming from a guy who dosent like deathmatch wrestling) and speaking of Cage of Death the other guy in that match, Robert Anthony I would love to see get a shot in PWG down the line.
eastbay510

Postby BrianS » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:32 am

eastbay510 wrote:

oh man Mike Mondo is horrible. REALLY REALLY horrible.
BrianS

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:43 am

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Gatson, Romero, or Reyes back in PWG and as for Masada, I wouldn't mind either way, I think he is a solid brawler, the only problem I think he has is that some of stuff in CZW does suck because most people he has been booked with are generally terrible but yeah, I completely agree that Devon Moore should never step foot in PWG and honestly, I'll probably get heat for this one from people, but one guy I really don't want to see in PWG, SoCal Crazy

I dont like Masada but he is better then Moore and Vortekz, but to be fair last years Cage of Death was surprisingly really entertaining (this coming from a guy who dosent like deathmatch wrestling) and speaking of Cage of Death the other guy in that match, Robert Anthony I would love to see get a shot in PWG down the line.

Yes to Robert Anthony. Not enough people get this guy.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

BrianS wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:

oh man Mike Mondo is horrible. REALLY REALLY horrible.

I think of Mike Bennett as Chris Masters light, and I think of Mike Mondo as Mike Bennett light, and I don't much like Chris Masters to begin with. I cant beleve these guys have ROH contracts when there is so much better talent out there.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:05 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:
Yes to Robert Anthony. Not enough people get this guy.

To be honest Ive only seen a few of his matches, and I know he has a lot of charisma, but do you think hes good enough to be a big player in the indys from an in ring standpoint?
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:41 pm

I think Robert Anthony would fit nicely in PWG and I have suggested him before a few times and I am happy he ditched the Egotistico Fantastico gimmick, mostly because PWG fans would see it as El Generico ripoff

eastbay510 wrote:I think of Mike Bennett as Chris Masters light, and I think of Mike Mondo as Mike Bennett light, and I don't much like Chris Masters to begin with. I cant beleve these guys have ROH contracts when there is so much better talent out there.

apparently the reason is that Sinclair Broadcasting, the company that owns ROH now, pretty much stopped booking guys like Colt Cabana and maybe others, because they want guys who look like superstars instead and honestly, if if Mike Bennett is Chris Masters lite, I rather have the actual Chris Masters in PWG then, at least Masters lives locally, so it wouldn't be a waste of a plane ticket

speaking of Colt Cabana, he needs to return to PWG again and as a wrestler as well, not just commentary with Excalubur during WrestleReunion
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum