The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Thu May 30, 2013 4:13 pm

He also goes under the name Chiva Kid but he definitely should be a name to watch out for and also possible guys to suggest that hasn't been suggested here yet, I just watched an ISW match between Chris Dickonson and Jaka, solid match and maybe with time, they could be guys PWG can look into bringing in one day, also possibly bring in Ron Mathis and, someone that I feel would be a bit controversial, Danny Havoc, mostly he is Drake's good friend and could work well with Drake as a team in PWG since they have before
El Asian

Postby stormcradledriver » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Mr. Touchdown

I have been impressed with Angelosetti over the past year. He just had a really nice match with Saturyne on the Chikara show today. I think there are a lot of interesting fresh matchups for him in PWG. I have no doubt he would get over in Reseda.
stormcradledriver

Postby ajday » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:45 am

stormcradledriver wrote:Mr. Touchdown

I have been impressed with Angelosetti over the past year. He just had a really nice match with Saturyne on the Chikara show today. I think there are a lot of interesting fresh matchups for him in PWG. I have no doubt he would get over in Reseda.

Looks like anyone from the old CHIKARA promotion might be available for booking. Haha. Too soon?
ajday

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Well, I sure wouldn't mind an influx of ex-CHIKARA guys. TNA just released Doug Williams; I think it would be great if he put in an appearance or two.
pwggrodd

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:44 am

You know for a guy with a pretty damn good moveset, Derek Frazier has been vastly underrated. I'd love for him to make an appearance in PWG sometime in the future.
OSKMIA

Postby MFKR78 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:32 am

Second Doug Williams. The guy is great.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy with who is around right now. Very happy to see guys like Swann, Fox and Gargano come in. I would have loved to see Del Sol all the time too but obviously he's on his way to WWE now :(

If more do appear in future then I'd say London coming back full time, Kendrick to team with him (although not the Kendrick from TNA where he did nothing but 98 single leg drop-kicks and not much else) Hallowicked & Frightmare and Jigsaw maybe.

Are Gargano and Fox sticking around now? Hope so. Also I guess TJ Perkins is gone seeing as he's Suicide in TNA?
MFKR78

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:36 am

I bet the Suicide thing doesn't last more than that one show. Because TNA.
pwggrodd

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm probably one of the few that doesn't want to see the majority of CHIKARA's roster in PWG. They're great guys and what-not, but I don't see anything special about the lot. Not Kingston, or Donst, or anyone else.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:I'm probably one of the few that doesn't want to see the majority of CHIKARA's roster in PWG. They're great guys and what-not, but I don't see anything special about the lot. Not Kingston, or Donst, or anyone else.

Even Mark Angelosetti? He had great matchs with both ACH and Kingston in the past year.
eastbay510

Postby AlexK » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:04 pm

I'm down for a Mr. Touchdown in PWG. I think he'd fit in quite well with the rest of the roster.
AlexK

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:13 am

i'm interested to see what chris dickenson does. imo he has a goofy quality to him that makes him stand out from the other kicky guys.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Sykesy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Eita & Tomahawk T.T seem to be touring Mexico and the US more than Japan at the moment. PWG needs to book these guys. They are incredible
Sykesy

Postby eldink » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:22 am

as some of you may know i am involved with Quintessential Pro wrestling...i am a huge pwg fan and my show is based on workrate but i try to make things a little different. i always book Candice in a quality womens match and i decided to give Adam Thornstowe our championship based on only two matches i had seen..It was a great decision as his work was excellent [ he did three matches in our tournament ] and he was a pleasure to work with...i think he would be able to deliver against any of the pwg talent and he is a booker's delight...
i brought in Cheerleader Melissa to work with Candice as i am a big fan...I had no idea about her out of ring personality and i was a little apprehensive about picking her up at the airport as i am a little shy around the wrestlers..she was wonderful, so easy to deal with and just a super nice young lady....her match with Candice was the one that everyone put over after the show and i hope she becomes a regular at our shows....i think Candice , with all her history, deserves a match during anniversary month and that Melissa would be a great adversary....i think the fans would really like this one as much as i did....
eldink

Postby jdrouskirsh » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:12 pm

eldink wrote:as some of you may know i am involved with Quintessential Pro wrestling...i am a huge pwg fan and my show is based on workrate but i try to make things a little different. i always book Candice in a quality womens match and i decided to give Adam Thornstowe our championship based on only two matches i had seen..It was a great decision as his work was excellent [ he did three matches in our tournament ] and he was a pleasure to work with...i think he would be able to deliver against any of the pwg talent and he is a booker's delight...
i brought in Cheerleader Melissa to work with Candice as i am a big fan...I had no idea about her out of ring personality and i was a little apprehensive about picking her up at the airport as i am a little shy around the wrestlers..she was wonderful, so easy to deal with and just a super nice young lady....her match with Candice was the one that everyone put over after the show and i hope she becomes a regular at our shows....i think Candice , with all her history, deserves a match during anniversary month and that Melissa would be a great adversary....i think the fans would really like this one as much as i did....

I would love to see Adam Thornstowe in PWG...the guy is really a hidden gem up here in NorCal...Another NorCal guy I would love to see get a chance in PWG is Timothy Thatcher
As for having a women's match at the anniversary show... no thank you... there's only so many spots on the card, it would wind up being a waste... on a lesser show, perhaps, or even as a filler between the semis and finals on a DDT4 or BOLA, I wouldn't mind, but definitely not on the anniversary show
jdrouskirsh

Postby El Asian » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:07 am

I definitely agree about PWG bringing in Mark Angelosetti would be nice though I don't think he'll use the Mr. Touchdown gimmick, which is fine, he's solid enough with out it I feel and I also would like to see Doug Williams back since he is gone with TNA now.

Eita and Tomahawk T.T. would be great for however long they are in the US for their excursion, a PWG appearance can help them like it did for Tozawa as well. as for Thatcher and Thornstowe, I say give them a shot and give them the exposure as well.

And as for Melissa as well as other female wrestlers, as we all know Super Dragon isn't exactly fan of women wrestler, understandably though probably bring her and Winter, who has been working here in SoCal lately, a few matches in intergender matches would be possible at this point for female wrestling in PWG.

Also a random and probably awful suggestion here, Scott Steiner in PWG, either wrestling or even just doing commentary or ring announcing would be fine.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:30 am

I was at ROH Best in the World a,d the TV tapings this past weekend. I gotta say Tommaso Ciampa had the best match on both nights. I watched his match with Elgin on PPV and I gotta say the quiet crowd, and stream problems kinda hurt the match a little, but it was still an amazing match, expecially live. Then the next night he had an awesome match with... wait for it... QT Marshall. How many people can say they stole the show with QT?

He has the best entrance in the indys, he has a great character, and he had a couple great matches over the weekend.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:49 pm

I agree with Ciampa and Ciampa himself has been interested to work a PWG show especially BOLA and who knows with the way BOLA has been so far it seems
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:47 am

People were just catching on to Ciampa before that injury last year. As far as appearing in PWG I would think Cage vs. Ciampa would be a no brainer.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:People were just catching on to Ciampa before that injury last year. As far as appearing in PWG I would think Cage vs. Ciampa would be a no brainer.

That would be awesome, I would also love to see the rematch with Elgin in PWG. And from the reports he had another awesome match in ROH this weekend, this one against Silas.
eastbay510

Postby camstun187 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:04 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I was at ROH Best in the World a,d the TV tapings this past weekend. I gotta say Tommaso Ciampa had the best match on both nights. I watched his match with Elgin on PPV and I gotta say the quiet crowd, and stream problems kinda hurt the match a little, but it was still an amazing match, expecially live. Then the next night he had an awesome match with... wait for it... QT Marshall. How many people can say they stole the show with QT?

He has the best entrance in the indys, he has a great character, and he had a couple great matches over the weekend.

I was there too, man. I live like 15 minutes from that arena, and I have to say it was a downer of a show. Several really good matches had weak finishes, and the main event was.....very short and not-as-good as the previous match between the two.

Also, I agree that Ciampa and Elgin had the MOTN, just notching above that wolves/whoever match in the beginning of the show(I didn't go to the tapings the next day, so I don't know how the quality was on those shows)
camstun187

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum