The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby toby80 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:17 pm

I'd mark out like crazy if Akira Tozawa returned :P

So many great potential matches... Elgin, Cage, Callihan, Strong, Cole... plus the return of The Nightmare Violence Connection!
toby80

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:50 pm

I would really love to see Tim Donst, he's got some pretty damn good potential.

ACH and Jerome "LTP" Robinson I would love too see as well, I miss LTP
PWGnorthern

Postby Nasty Nate » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:02 am

pwggrodd wrote:Hey there folks, first post on the board! I'd like to say I agree with Shaun Ricker. Considering he was regularly teaming with Brian Cage a couple of years ago, I'm sort of surprised he's never shown up in PWG. I also agree with those suggesting ACH and Uhaa Nation. Those guys need to be everywhere! I'd also like to see Peter Avalon and Ray Rosas get another shot. Lastly, I admit I may be the only person who feels this way, but I'd like to see Chris Kadillak and Freddy Bravo back again at some point. And I'm really hoping Famous B and B-Boy aren't gone, since I was sort of expecting to see them on tonight and tomorrow's cards before they were announced.

I saw Chris Kadillak on Saturday at the show in San Diego- I enjoyed his work, he was one of the highlights....as was B-Boy.........who got jobbed out in the main event to a fat guy....

There's a match on youtube of ACH vs AR Fox that made me want to see more of him
Nasty Nate

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:42 am

I gotta give a big fat no to the Tim Donst idea, when he debuted in 07 I believe, everyone thought he would be the next big thing in indy wrestling, he just had a ton of potential. In fact I was such a fan my user name on the old ROH fourms was Tim Donst. All these years later he really hasn't done much out of Chikara, I really think he has all the potential in the world, a ton of charisma, but opts for cheap heat other then athletisim, to me he wrestles a slow WWE style, which to me is such a waste of his talent.
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:43 am

eastbay510 wrote:I gotta give a big fat no to the Tim Donst idea, when he debuted in 07 I believe, everyone thought he would be the next big thing in indy wrestling, he just had a ton of potential. In fact I was such a fan my user name on the old ROH fourms was Tim Donst. All these years later he really hasn't done much out of Chikara, I really think he has all the potential in the world, a ton of charisma, but opts for cheap heat other then athletisim, to me he wrestles a slow WWE style, which to me is such a waste of his talent.

Fair enough, yeah he seems very into his persona and wrestles as such, I've never seen him live or on a DVD or anything, just youtube clips, I think he could an awesome wrestler, I'd still give him a chance in PWG maybe, not doing Chikara gimmick
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:11 am

PWGnorthern wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I gotta give a big fat no to the Tim Donst idea, when he debuted in 07 I believe, everyone thought he would be the next big thing in indy wrestling, he just had a ton of potential. In fact I was such a fan my user name on the old ROH fourms was Tim Donst. All these years later he really hasn't done much out of Chikara, I really think he has all the potential in the world, a ton of charisma, but opts for cheap heat other then athletisim, to me he wrestles a slow WWE style, which to me is such a waste of his talent.

Fair enough, yeah he seems very into his persona and wrestles as such, I've never seen him live or on a DVD or anything, just youtube clips, I think he could an awesome wrestler, I'd still give him a chance in PWG maybe, not doing Chikara gimmick

I agree 100% he does have a ton of potential, I just think he's lazy to be honest, and I find it very irritating, cause he could be great. There are other guys I would much rather see (ACH, Tadarius Thomas, Uhaa Nation) I've lost faith in Donst.
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:26 pm

ACH is a guy I'd love to see brought in, is he kinda the same as a Rich Swann or AR Fox, a smaller high flyer. Granted those guys are incredibly talented, and Rich Swann has an extra something that just makes him good, but it seems like a lot of the same type of wrestlers. PWG I think prides themselves on having a different roster, everyone does things a little differently that the others
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:39 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:ACH is a guy I'd love to see brought in, is he kinda the same as a Rich Swann or AR Fox, a smaller high flyer. Granted those guys are incredibly talented, and Rich Swann has an extra something that just makes him good, but it seems like a lot of the same type of wrestlers. PWG I think prides themselves on having a different roster, everyone does things a little differently that the others

I don't think ACH relies on his flying quite as much as Swann (not that I'm hating on Swann, Im a huge fan of his), But I agree they do kinda look alike, but I really don't think that should prevent them both from being on the same roster.
eastbay510

Postby Nasty Nate » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:06 am

Suga Free's cousin, Human Tornado.
Nasty Nate

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:43 am

After hearing about this weekend's CZW Best of The Best tournament, it reminded me that I'd really like to see Jonathan Gresham in PWG. Unfortunately, he's mostly based out of Europe these days, so that's none too likely. Also, I noticed a lot of people don't seem to like him, but I'd like to see Alex Colon get a shot too. After all, PWG has been drawing some guys from CZW lately, and I don't think one more would really hurt. I feel like he'd fit the PWG style pretty well.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:09 pm

pwggrodd wrote:After hearing about this weekend's CZW Best of The Best tournament, it reminded me that I'd really like to see Jonathan Gresham in PWG. Unfortunately, he's mostly based out of Europe these days, so that's none too likely. Also, I noticed a lot of people don't seem to like him, but I'd like to see Alex Colon get a shot too. After all, PWG has been drawing some guys from CZW lately, and I don't think one more would really hurt. I feel like he'd fit the PWG style pretty well.

I gotta pass on Gresham, he does not interact with the crowd at all, I think he would have a tough time getting over. I just watched Best of the Best I gotta say the 3 people who impressed the most were Uhaa Nation, Tommy End, and Andrew Everrit (formerly Chiva Kid).
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:30 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:After hearing about this weekend's CZW Best of The Best tournament, it reminded me that I'd really like to see Jonathan Gresham in PWG. Unfortunately, he's mostly based out of Europe these days, so that's none too likely. Also, I noticed a lot of people don't seem to like him, but I'd like to see Alex Colon get a shot too. After all, PWG has been drawing some guys from CZW lately, and I don't think one more would really hurt. I feel like he'd fit the PWG style pretty well.

I gotta pass on Gresham, he does not interact with the crowd at all, I think he would have a tough time getting over. I just watched Best of the Best I gotta say the 3 people who impressed the most were Uhaa Nation, Tommy End, and Andrew Everrit (formerly Chiva Kid).

Yeah Tommy End is a guy I've been wanting to see for a long long time, he's grown a lot, Andrew Everett would be awesome too, and Uhaa Nation. Id also love to see Shane Hollister come in, and im always gonna pull for a Donst appearance.
PWGnorthern

Postby El Generico Mark » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:32 pm

I'd really like to see Trent? have another chance, Chris Kadillak & The Cutlers are some other guys who'd id like to see again
El Generico Mark

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:57 am

I was wondering what had happened with Gresham, didn't know he has been working mostly in Europe now, which explains a lot, I agree with bringing in Tommy End as well as bring in Zack Sabre Jr., Michael Dante, and Gresham since they are based in Germany and you probably fly them out together and I already mentioned about bringing in Uhaa Nation and ACH in the futre
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:27 pm

I gotta believe Uhaa and ACH are the next new guys brought in, But I would love to see the Sumerian Death Squad (Tommy End and Michael Dante) mabey for DDT4. Also someone mentioned Shane Hollister, I'm really loving Hollister (Davey actully said he thinks he's the most underrated guy in the indys) these days... I don't know if he's quite ready worth flying in at this point
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Hollister seems pretty good, from what I've seen. I'd like to see how this seemingly upcoming push in CZW goes before giving him a shot in PWG though. The Sumerian Death Squad could be a really good attraction for a DDT4. They could beat the living crap out of the Bucks, or have a power versus power match with the UFM's.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:59 am

pwggrodd wrote:Hollister seems pretty good, from what I've seen. I'd like to see how this seemingly upcoming push in CZW goes before giving him a shot in PWG though. The Sumerian Death Squad could be a really good attraction for a DDT4. They could beat the living crap out of the Bucks, or have a power versus power match with the UFM's.

Sumerian Death Squad vs. American Wolves or Dojo Bros would be epic.
eastbay510

Postby El Generico Mark » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:29 am

I need to know, where the hell is Ryan Taylor? :cry:
El Generico Mark

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:31 am

pwggrodd wrote:Hollister seems pretty good, from what I've seen. I'd like to see how this seemingly upcoming push in CZW goes before giving him a shot in PWG though.

I hope he explodes soon in CZW but I'm not really sure where he fits in with Colon winning BOTB. But the dude should be getting around more.
Garden State Saint

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:51 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing John Morrison come in for a show. Maybe an All-Star Weekend type deal or something. That'd be nice.
Super Dragon Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum