The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:43 pm

eastbay510 wrote:After BOLA sometime I would love to see Ronnie Mendoza (AKA Raul Mendoza). Dude killed it in the CWC, and to be honest I am shocked he hasn't been getting more indy bookings since his match with Kendrick.

Completely agree, I say just put him with Flamita, since both come from the same company together, and I think they could kill it

Also, PWG really does need to update the site, guess it doesn't matter if tickets will just sell out 5 minutes the moment they go on sale when announced on Twitter
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Besides Mendoza I realy want to see the South Pacific Power Trip(Dahlia Black, TK Cooper, and Travis Banks). I know Dragon doesn't book women, but Dahlia has superstar written all over her. To me besides Riddle this group is the breakout wrestler(s) of 2016, and one of the best gimmicks in wrestling.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Well, I was thinking, since Jack Gallagher's never coming, I'd like to see someone similar. I say PWG should give Tyler Bate a shot.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:35 pm

I won't complain if PWG brings in more British guys and I'm sure they are solid but I think its time PWG took a break from booking anymore at this rate and focus on other guys around the world. With Tozawa gone, I do hope PWG can still bring in Dragon Gate guys again and also, the stable Damnation (Shuji Ishikawa, Tetsuya Endo, and Daisuke Sasaki) from DDT, maybe through Joey Ryan.

Also, instead of Tyler Bate from England, I think PWG should give local guy Tyler Bateman instead in some random 6 man tag with a bunch of local guys making their PWG debut plus if PWG books Tyler Bate, and probably Trent Seven as well, you can book Tyler Bate vs. Tyler Bateman later on down the line for no other reason but hilarious crowd confusion. And since they are working in the US as of late, besides the already mentioned Raul Mendoza and Flamita, I would like to see PWG bring in Laredo Kid and Steve Pain, the latter actually lives pretty locally anyways.
El Asian

Postby Jack » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:02 am

PWG needs to bring in Trent Seven and Tyler Bate.
Jack

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Jack wrote:PWG needs to bring in Trent Seven and Tyler Bate.

I love Tyler Bate, and he is only 18 or 19 now. However Trent is not PWG level. He is solid, but clearly the weak link of Moustache Mountain, and he panders WAY to much to the fans to the point of it being annoying.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:42 pm

i've been impressed by kevin kross in the few matches i've seen him in, what do you guys think??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Jack » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:12 pm

David Starr should be brought in.
Jack

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:35 am

Jack wrote:David Starr should be brought in.

I actually agree. Starr was someone I couldn't stand a couple years ago when he and Dunn were doing the Young Buck rip off thing. In 2016 he has improved a ton. I would like to see him and Strickland come in as a team.

And by the way, for people saying WWE signing a bunch of guys is hurting the indys, you are nuts. There is so much talent waiting to take top spots, and this is after we just saw Riddle, Rhodes, Dunne, and Haskins have great debuts in PWG. Starr, Strickland, Coffey, Walter, SPPT, Raul Mendoza, and more are already PWG ready. The indys are at an all time high, and that is even after WWE signs their guys.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Starr and Dunn's team ending was the best thing for both of them. They've both improved significantly since.
pwggrodd

Postby Jack » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:26 pm

How about Donovan Dijak?
Jack

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:31 pm

Jack wrote:How about Donovan Dijak?

Yup, he is awesome too. So much fucking talent on the indys right now. Personally I hope WWE keeps signing guys.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Another guy I think we will see in next years BOLA is Flash Morgan Webster. I am 100% convinced he would have been in this year if he was healthy.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:15 pm

Jack wrote:How about Donovan Dijak?
eastbay510 wrote:Starr, Strickland, Coffey, Walter, SPPT, Raul Mendoza, and more are already PWG ready.
eastbay510 wrote:Another guy I think we will see in next years BOLA is Flash Morgan Webster. I am 100% convinced he would have been in this year if he was healthy.

I can definitely see this happening though I do feel the UK guys are getting a bit overexposed as of late and I think PWG should take a break bringing in anymore new European guys granted, guys like Webster and Coffey would be exceptions while also maybe Big Damo but I think he is heading to WWE soon and possibly Jimmy Havoc though I guess he's just been injured for what nearly seems like a year, could return next year. Also want to once again, suggest War Machine, Fred Yehi, Tracy Williams, and Matt Tremont. I know Tremont has been a point of contention in discussion about him but I think look and ability wise, he would bring in something different to PWG though he does look like that one dude at PWG shows that I'm sure people where know who I am talking about.

Speaking of Raul, while I would like to see him as well, I would also like to see other luchadors, besides the already mentioned Flamita and Laredo Kid, I would also suggest Extreme Tiger/Tigre Uno and Rey Horus. Also, brought up Damnation stable in DDT but another prominent DDT guy I should bring up and since he isn't going to the WWE any time soon, similar to Zack Sabre Jr., would be Kota Ibushi, hell maybe book the match between Ibushi vs. Sabre at some point that never is able to happen.

And I would like to see Willie Mack back in PWG as well as bringing back Scorpio Sky and B-Boy, maybe put them together as the veteran PWG guys becoming a tag team together. Also hoping to see Team Tremendous back in PWG soon, surprised PWG never brought them back despite having solid appearances. And also the return of the Motor City Machine Guns in PWG as well.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:24 am

I personally disagree about the Euro guys getting overexposed. And I think PWG will definitely keep tapping into that talent pool as PWG and Progress have a great relationship, and 4 semi finalists this year, the last BOLA winners, and the current champ are all from Progress. Still hoping that PWG will make an exception to the no female rule and bring in TK and Banks with Dahlia, who have been one of the best surprises in Progress this year.

Yehi and Williams would be great in PWG, and an encouraging sign is at BOLA Riddle received several loud Catchpoint chants.

From what I understand Bill Carr doesn't fly out for bookings anymore as he hates flying. Don't know how true that is, but it explaines why TT hasn't worked very many places reciently. And Dan Barry being at BOLA but not wrestling in the 10 man may be a sign.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:13 am

Well, Dan is in a tag team with Chuck too. And Trent? hasn't been around lately, so, Officer and a Gentleman, anyone? I want the Monster Mafia and the Beaver Boys back too.
pwggrodd

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:12 pm

Also, I think it's about time the EYFBO start working outside of the Northeast. Guys are GOOD. I think there's an insane match with the Young Bucks there.
pwggrodd

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:43 am

last i saw of david star he was just ok, anything i should watch to see the improvements??

i'm cool off the beaver boys, just book the little guy. i'd like to see monster mafia or even josh alexander by himself.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:25 am

I don't dig Starr as much as I used to but I liked this year's BOTB finals with him and Gresham.
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:52 am

From what I understand, Alex Reynolds doesn't wan to work much outside of NY, so booking only Silver's probably what would happen anyway, LBO. Anyway, Gresham is another name that I'm surprised hasn't made his way to PWG yet. Lio Rush and Donovan Dijak too.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum