DDT4 Takes Place Friday, March 4! Tournament Update!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 Takes Place Friday, March 4! Tournament Update!

Postby ajday » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:06 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:
Quarantine Zone 7c, CA - When a business, large or small, operates during the winter months, there tends to be a high rate of employee personal days. Sometimes those days are used for vacation, but often times they are purely "sick days." In the case of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com), those "sick days" were actually "sick weeks," as the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla offices were rife with rhinovirus, streptococcus, rubella, typhoid, bubonic plague, the trots, and sinusitis. This lead to the Center for Disease Control declaring the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla offices a "hot zone," and forcing a mandatory 192-hour quarantine for every staff member, along with one very unlucky UPS driver. What does this have to do with anything, you might be asking? Nothing. Now shut up, here's your DDT4 update:

Man, I feel bad for the UPS driver...

But hey, lease Los Luchas will be returning again!
ajday

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:57 pm

ajday wrote:
PWG_Silverback wrote:
Quarantine Zone 7c, CA - When a business, large or small, operates during the winter months, there tends to be a high rate of employee personal days. Sometimes those days are used for vacation, but often times they are purely "sick days." In the case of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com), those "sick days" were actually "sick weeks," as the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla offices were rife with rhinovirus, streptococcus, rubella, typhoid, bubonic plague, the trots, and sinusitis. This lead to the Center for Disease Control declaring the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla offices a "hot zone," and forcing a mandatory 192-hour quarantine for every staff member, along with one very unlucky UPS driver. What does this have to do with anything, you might be asking? Nothing. Now shut up, here's your DDT4 update:

Man, I feel bad for the UPS driver...

But hey, lease Los Luchas will be returning again!

Fuck him... he knew the risks when he took the job... would you feel sorry for a guy doing roofing on a mobsters house and he gets shot? No....
Fsportsentertainment

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:12 pm

So no London and no Ki... damn. It also appears that we are going to have 2 extra matches at DDT4. Most likely going to be Joey Ryan vs Petey Avalon (yawn) and The Fighting Taylor Boys vs Los Luchas (could be entertaining). Joey winning is already known but I hope the Taylor Boys win. I think they should be pushed.
The Franchise13

Postby SlayJ » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Apologies for going all "Negative Nancy" on the added attractions for next Friday, but it seems like Los Luchas & the Taylors are just being thrown in to the mix as an insurance policy in case somebody (let's randomly say The Young Bucks) misses a plane or whatever. Then again, what this show obviously needs is some decent tag team action. So I suppose it's a good fit. :| And nothing against Joey or Avalon, but (insert Negative Nancy Kerrigan voice) "whyyyyyy?". I haven't done any homework to see if the following guys are booked elsewhere or not on the 4th, but is there really no chance to get somebody like Chuck Taylor, Ricochet, Colt Cabana, Kenny Omega, Davey, El Generico, Ki, or Vampiro (j/k) to challenge Ryan in a #1 Contenders match? How about an impromptu Super Dragon return against Joey? Don't get me wrong, the tournament does look phenominal. And I can't wait to be front row goin' ape shit (no pun intended). But just one big time singles match would put this puppy right over the top.

Jay
SlayJ

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:09 am

Fsportsentertainment wrote:
Fuck him... he knew the risks when he took the job... would you feel sorry for a guy doing roofing on a mobsters house and he gets shot? No....

+1 point for Clerks reference.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:22 pm

So Yuma was right. THey have to study for all the opponents....this should be awesome. I'm glad Peter made it on the card
Souf Centrol

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:52 am

SlayJ wrote:Apologies for going all "Negative Nancy" on the added attractions for next Friday, but it seems like Los Luchas & the Taylors are just being thrown in to the mix as an insurance policy in case somebody (let's randomly say The Young Bucks) misses a plane or whatever. Then again, what this show obviously needs is some decent tag team action. So I suppose it's a good fit. :| And nothing against Joey or Avalon, but (insert Negative Nancy Kerrigan voice) "whyyyyyy?". I haven't done any homework to see if the following guys are booked elsewhere or not on the 4th, but is there really no chance to get somebody like Chuck Taylor, Ricochet, Colt Cabana, Kenny Omega, Davey, El Generico, Ki, or Vampiro (j/k) to challenge Ryan in a #1 Contenders match? How about an impromptu Super Dragon return against Joey? Don't get me wrong, the tournament does look phenominal. And I can't wait to be front row goin' ape shit (no pun intended). But just one big time singles match would put this puppy right over the top.

Jay

I wouldn't expect the Bucks to miss a flight, after all they live in CA.

Next All the other ones mentioned are booked in other areas. Add flight costs already inserted for most of the roster they have now the Ryan vs Avalon match would be great. Avalon is the little heel you hate but love to laugh at, Ryan and Avalon have put on great matches in other places, so why not here? I think this is a perfect filler match and is much better then the Gatson/ Ryan match in feel wise.

From a business side, this is a wise investment, the local guys have the extra matches. And I still like Joey and Avalon. They will put on a great match. So I say just enjoy the choices they made, sit back, grab a beer or a blunt and let the PWG excitement begin!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby SlayJ » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 am

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
SlayJ wrote:Apologies for going all "Negative Nancy" on the added attractions for next Friday, but it seems like Los Luchas & the Taylors are just being thrown in to the mix as an insurance policy in case somebody (let's randomly say The Young Bucks) misses a plane or whatever. Then again, what this show obviously needs is some decent tag team action. So I suppose it's a good fit. :| And nothing against Joey or Avalon, but (insert Negative Nancy Kerrigan voice) "whyyyyyy?". I haven't done any homework to see if the following guys are booked elsewhere or not on the 4th, but is there really no chance to get somebody like Chuck Taylor, Ricochet, Colt Cabana, Kenny Omega, Davey, El Generico, Ki, or Vampiro (j/k) to challenge Ryan in a #1 Contenders match? How about an impromptu Super Dragon return against Joey? Don't get me wrong, the tournament does look phenominal. And I can't wait to be front row goin' ape shit (no pun intended). But just one big time singles match would put this puppy right over the top.

Jay

Next All the other ones mentioned are booked in other areas. Add flight costs already inserted for most of the roster they have now the Ryan vs Avalon match would be great. Avalon is the little heel you hate but love to laugh at, Ryan and Avalon have put on great matches in other places, so why not here? I think this is a perfect filler match and is much better then the Gatson/ Ryan match in feel wise.

From a business side, this is a wise investment, the local guys have the extra matches. And I still like Joey and Avalon. They will put on a great match. So I say just enjoy the choices they made, sit back, grab a beer or a blunt and let the PWG excitement begin!

Ok I'll admit it, I DO expect the Bucks to make it to Reseda. I was just bringing up the fact that......awwwww nevermind!

As for Joey...he's the guy being built up right now to make a run at the PWG title. His last few matches have been artistic turds that, despite being victories, have lowered his stock. As a fan, I'm not really stoked to see Joey vs Claudio at this point. And I think the main goal in a Pro Wrestling promotion should be to make their title matches feel important. I do like Peter Avalon. And I'm always cool with local guys being on the shows. But if Joey is going to gain any strong momentum going after Claudio, he needs to face an established and relevant guy and have an impressive showing...not a comedy filler match. I do understand that the choices may be limited and PWG is trying to save a little green, which is smart. But I was just hopng to get something a bit more substantial in the non-tournament matches.

Regardless of all that, I am excited for the show. And I'm sure Joey and Peter will have a very entertaining match for what it is. So at the end of the day, I will be enjoying that beer and having a great time.

Jay
SlayJ

Postby Meltman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:04 pm

First off, you're complaining about a possible match. DDT4 alone will be 7 matches, so very likely the non-tournament match will be a 6-man tag.

About the "Joey momentum" thing, obviously things didn't work out as the bookers had planned. He wasn't on every show last year and mostly did comedy, then suddenly won BOLA. Fans turned on him that night because he went over a returning Claudio, immediately the bookers realized the potential and gave Claudio the strap.

The Hurricane and Gatson matches don't help Joey, but it's ok for a heel to do comedy or come off as not be portrayed as a superhero. Joey's title reign was about being a coward. He even won BOLA with a small package.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:09 pm

I hope Los Luchas get on the roster after this. I miss their tag matches.
Meltman

Postby SlayJ » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Meltman wrote:First off, you're complaining about a possible match. DDT4 alone will be 7 matches, so very likely the non-tournament match will be a 6-man tag.

About the "Joey momentum" thing, obviously things didn't work out as the bookers had planned. He wasn't on every show last year and mostly did comedy, then suddenly won BOLA. Fans turned on him that night because he went over a returning Claudio, immediately the bookers realized the potential and gave Claudio the strap.

The Hurricane and Gatson matches don't help Joey, but it's ok for a heel to do comedy or come off as not be portrayed as a superhero. Joey's title reign was about being a coward. He even won BOLA with a small package.

If I come off as complaining, I apoligize. I'm just offering up my opinions. It very well may be a six-man match or it could be Joey against Brian Cage-Taylor for all I know (and that could be potentially awesome). But yeah, we'll just have to see how things play out.

Jay
SlayJ

Postby Meltman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:02 pm

Nah man you've got your right to express. I just think it's silly of people, after all the teams are announced, to expect a name like Low Ki. Or even London (who let's be honest, should not be in singles matches if 2010 is any example).

Also here's an idea:

Maybe the 6 names will be in a 3-way tag.

Fightin' Taylor Boys vs. Los Luchas vs. Avalon/Joey.

Avalon/Joey would complement each other perfect. Cocky comedy workers who can also work serious.
Meltman

Postby SlayJ » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Meltman wrote:Nah man you've got your right to express. I just think it's silly of people, after all the teams are announced, to expect a name like Low Ki. Or even London (who let's be honest, should not be in singles matches if 2010 is any example).

Also here's an idea:

Maybe the 6 names will be in a 3-way tag.

Fightin' Taylor Boys vs. Los Luchas vs. Avalon/Joey.

Avalon/Joey would complement each other perfect. Cocky comedy workers who can also work serious.

Out of the possible scenerios, I like that one the best. Maybe have the three teams come out bitching that they should have all been in the tourny, even Avalon & Joey (which would be a hoot). Everybody starts ripping on each other, tempers flare and it's off to the races. That match could be all kinds of fun!

Jay
SlayJ

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:39 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:

Jay

You hit it right on the "nail", my friend.
Avalon/Ryan sounds good to me... Worst-case scenario: It cannot be any worse than Ryan's last match against Helms (which I thought was a 'bust').

6 more days, baby... :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:18 am

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:

Jay

You hit it right on the "nail", my friend.
Avalon/Ryan sounds good to me... Worst-case scenario: It cannot be any worse than Ryan's last match against Helms (which I thought was a 'bust').

6 more days, baby... :mrgreen:

I know they will have great match. LOST's student vs Joey, oh it should be good. Avalon is starting to grow on me as one of my favorite little heels. I'm sure Joey and him will turn it up a notch. I think we'll get a bit burst from Joey soon.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby CMPG » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:43 am

4 more days till we all stand in line, outside of the American Legion, in the freezing cold, wondering if we will be let in before 8pm.

4 more days till we all pack in inside the Legion and start getting our hands on those rare Beer Pitchers that they always run out of.

4 more days till we realize it felt better outside in the freezing cold than it does inside with all of us breathing.

4 more days till somebody sits in a chair and it breaks and someone starts up a hilarious chant.

4 more days till we all start rocking out to "MMMBop"

4 more days till we see some damn good wrestling back in Reseda after an almost 3 month absence.

Damn I love PWG!
CMPG

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:15 pm

CMPG wrote:4 more days till we all stand in line, outside of the American Legion, in the freezing cold, wondering if we will be let in before 8pm.

4 more days till we all pack in inside the Legion and start getting our hands on those rare Beer Pitchers that they always run out of.

4 more days till we realize it felt better outside in the freezing cold than it does inside with all of us breathing.

4 more days till somebody sits in a chair and it breaks and someone starts up a hilarious chant.

4 more days till we all start rocking out to "MMMBop"

4 more days till we see some damn good wrestling back in Reseda after an almost 3 month absence.

Damn I love PWG!

To quote Excalibur "If you have ever been to a PWG show before then you KNOW!!! That we have NEVER been open on TIME!!!!!!!"

And ummm your own on the MMmbop chant hahaha :P

I do agree though in 4 days we will be unleashing chaos of the True PWG fans!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby fatallylost » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm one of the lucky few who got to rock out to MMMBop last Friday as well. So, I think I'm ok on that front.
fatallylost

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:54 pm

3 freakin days!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!! Plus I'll have a new PWG Kliq shirt to unveil!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby fatallylost » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:22 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:3 freakin days!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!! Plus I'll have a new PWG Kliq shirt to unveil!!!!

Say what now?
fatallylost

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum