DDT4 Takes Place Friday, March 4! Tournament Update!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 Takes Place Friday, March 4! All 8 Teams Announced!

Postby Meltman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:40 am

BTW sorry for trolling. I'm just... I'm Jesse Neal's brother.
Meltman

Postby Ray Deathray » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Crap! Was just about to buy a ticket, but front row is sold out. Anyone have an extra they can sell?
Ray Deathray

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:22 pm

El Asian wrote:
PWG_Silverback wrote:Check back next week for the announcement of the First Round DDT4 tournament matches!

gonna be that guy but its been next week and there hasn't been any announcements for the 1st round matches yet

LoL!!.. I know.. for goodness sakes', give us something already
The_Sharpshooter

Postby b2u » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:08 am

I say screw it and have them not announce any of the matches. Then there would be this buzz from the start of who is facing who. I mean with the line up itself, the building will be packed. Might as well have little mysterious intrigue to entice the audience. Heck, have them draw the names out of hat before each match, lethal lottery style. That way, it makes the whole night unpredictable.
b2u

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:46 pm

b2u wrote:I say screw it and have them not announce any of the matches. Then there would be this buzz from the start of who is facing who. I mean with the line up itself, the building will be packed. Might as well have little mysterious intrigue to entice the audience. Heck, have them draw the names out of hat before each match, lethal lottery style. That way, it makes the whole night unpredictable.

Yeah I can feel that one. It would be more exciting to be there and finding out the line up as it's happening. I don't know about draw the names out of a hat though lol
Souf Centrol

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:02 pm

b2u wrote:I say screw it and have them not announce any of the matches. Then there would be this buzz from the start of who is facing who. I mean with the line up itself, the building will be packed. Might as well have little mysterious intrigue to entice the audience. Heck, have them draw the names out of hat before each match, lethal lottery style. That way, it makes the whole night unpredictable.

That would be awesome. But Silverback did say they were going to announce something...
Personally, i dont care if they announce ANY matches or not... I just want something announced.. LoL!! :mrgreen:
Even If it is just a simple: "No matches to be announced until the day of.."
I just need something to scratch that "itch"
The_Sharpshooter

Postby b2u » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Yeah I can feel that one. It would be more exciting to be there and finding out the line up as it's happening. I don't know about draw the names out of a hat though lol

CHIKARA does it every tournament because someone always misses a booking. It's funny and mysterious all at the same time.
b2u

Postby CMPG » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:01 am

The_Sharpshooter wrote:

That would be awesome. But Silverback did say they were going to announce something...
Personally, i dont care if they announce ANY matches or not... I just want something announced.. LoL!! :mrgreen:
Even If it is just a simple: "No matches to be announced until the day of.."
I just need something to scratch that "itch"

I am the same way, I just want something announced. I check these Forum boards about 2x a day, once in the morning and once at night, just hoping for something to be announced.
CMPG

Postby eldink » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 pm

i would rather not know......
eldink

Postby El Asian » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:45 pm

for those disappointed that Claudio isn't defending the PWG title at DDT4, then you should know Claudio will defend the PWG title at M1W a day after DDT4 as Claudio is defending the title against Johnny Goodtime
El Asian

Postby b2u » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 pm

El Asian wrote:for those disappointed that Claudio isn't defending the PWG title at DDT4, then you should know Claudio will defend the PWG title at M1W a day after DDT4 as Claudio is defending the title against Johnny Goodtime

Good to know. I think all good title reigns need a minimum of a five defenses. I think five is a good number to prove that the champ is legit.
b2u

Postby Meltman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:00 am

b2u wrote:
El Asian wrote:for those disappointed that Claudio isn't defending the PWG title at DDT4, then you should know Claudio will defend the PWG title at M1W a day after DDT4 as Claudio is defending the title against Johnny Goodtime

Good to know. I think all good title reigns need a minimum of a five defenses. I think five is a good number to prove that the champ is legit.

The defenses themselves mean more than how many there are. If a champ defends the belt 10 times and only 1-2 matches are memorable, they haven't done a good job.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:21 pm

I can understand why people don't want to know but PWG said they would announce the 1st round next week after they announced all the participants and its been 3 weeks and I would like to know if there's any singles match before the final around at least
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:31 pm

I vote for Joey Ryan vs. Ryan Taylor. Have Joey win and gain momentum into his title shot and Taylor gets legitimized in the process. Much like Bonham/Hero from last year, that did a lot for Bonham's stock.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:17 pm

I like Joey as much as the next person but he's not exactly a guy to legitimize Ryan Taylor, personally, I think Ryan would benefit a lot more if he faced guys Roderick Strong or Low Ki instead
El Asian

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:17 am

El Asian wrote:I like Joey as much as the next person but he's not exactly a guy to legitimize Ryan Taylor, personally, I think Ryan would benefit a lot more if he faced guys Roderick Strong or Low Ki instead

+1. For that matter I don't see how losing to Joey will make anyone look better.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 am

I would like to see Joey Ryan vs Paul London. Paul didn't participate in the last PWG Show, it would suck for him not to participate 2 shows in a row. Paul could have great one-on-one matches.
The Franchise13

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:55 am

yeah, I agree London should wrestle this time around as Generico isn't even available anyways, personally though I really want to see London take on Ki at DDT4, maybe have the Board of Directors "punish" London for being at WrestleReunion but not working the PWG show as payback
El Asian

DDT4 Takes Place Friday, March 4! Tournament Update!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:15 pm

DDT4 Bracketing Update & Non-Tournament Participants!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

Quarantine Zone 7c, CA - When a business, large or small, operates during the winter months, there tends to be a high rate of employee personal days. Sometimes those days are used for vacation, but often times they are purely "sick days." In the case of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com), those "sick days" were actually "sick weeks," as the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla offices were rife with rhinovirus, streptococcus, rubella, typhoid, bubonic plague, the trots, and sinusitis. This lead to the Center for Disease Control declaring the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla offices a "hot zone," and forcing a mandatory 192-hour quarantine for every staff member, along with one very unlucky UPS driver. What does this have to do with anything, you might be asking? Nothing. Now shut up, here's your DDT4 update:

From their near-death beds, the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors have announced that the DDT4 First Round matches, along with the tournament brackets, will remain secret. This means that the fans, as well as tournament competitors, will not know which teams will be squaring off until they are actually in the ring with each other. The Board of Directors feels this will allow for the best overall tag teams to advance in, and ultimately win, the DDT4 tournament. While this blind bracketing system may seem to put the "nerdlier" teams (teams that heavily favor research and preparation) at a disadvantage, those teams will just have to prepare seven distinct First Round game plans instead of just one. But really, nerds love planning, so it's a win-win.

Along with the blind bracketing, "Hollywood Submission Machine" Joey Ryan, The Fightin' Taylor Boys (Brian Cage-Taylor & Ryan Taylor), "Pretty" Peter Avalon, and Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre) will all be in non-tournament action at DDT4.

DDT4 takes place on Friday, March 4, 2011 at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, and will feature eight teams vying for a shot at El Generico and Paul London,
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: DDT4 Takes Place Friday, March 4! Tournament Update!

Postby Matt Flash » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:23 am

Kinda wish they would've announced that the week they'd planned to, so I didn't check the forums so much in anticipation.

Then again, that was probably their intention.

It's a great idea to keep the brackets secret, it just would've been nice to not wait so long for that update.
Matt Flash

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum