DDT4 Takes Place Friday, March 4! Tournament Update!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 Takes Place Friday, March 4! All 8 Teams Announced!

Postby jdw » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Fsportsentertainment wrote:Ok, let me start out by saying I am not bashing PWG here because I love them but... what was the point of the 4 way tag match stipulation at Kurt Russellreunion where the winner would be the first team entered when 2 out of the 3 remaining teams are in as well? Was still a good match and glad I saw it, but why have the stipulation in it at all?

I think all of us knew that would happen... probably some of us pointed it out when the switch was made.

Get the feeling it was a bit of a rib or an in-joke. I don't think anyone watching it really cared what the stip was, and just enjoyed the spot-o-rama. Steen's run-in played off it a bit, but I doubt anyone cared about the DDT4 aspect of that and instead dropped their jaw at Steen's nutty move on one of the Rockness.

Interesting looking show. I'd enjoy Steen & Tozawa as tag champs, but that means facing Generico & Paul if they win DDT4. I'd just as soon see Steen-Generico avoided since they had their feud in ROH not only recently, but also so big. Would rather see the two of them off in other storylines for at least a year.

John
jdw

Postby SlayJ » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Fsportsentertainment wrote:Ok, let me start out by saying I am not bashing PWG here because I love them but... what was the point of the 4 way tag match stipulation at Kurt Russellreunion where the winner would be the first team entered when 2 out of the 3 remaining teams are in as well? Was still a good match and glad I saw it, but why have the stipulation in it at all?

I suppose it would've been better to make the stip be that the team losing the fall would be out of the tournament, while the team winning would be the top seed. But yeah, it's no biggie.

I'd like to know which matchup everybody wants to see the most. Who could really tear the house down? I think Steen & Tozawa vs the Wolves could be tremendous! But then again, Steen and Tozawa against anybody could be tremendous. And since Gatson & Mack will most likely be one and done, which opponent could really maximize their appearance here?

Jay
SlayJ

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:14 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:I need me some Von Eerie.

Meh. She got her rub from PWG and then bolted. I'd rather they bring new girls in.

She didn't bolt I would say. Besides I wanna rub her too. HA!!!

Well I've been saying more girls, not just new girls.

And I like her so shhhh no hating haha. I love me some of that punk rock princess!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Most girls in the business don't really match PWG standards of wrestling. I don't mind seeing women's wrestling in PWG if they wrestle like Sarah Del Rey, but they just don't. With only seven matches booked, having a mediocre women match really kills the show.
krayzie Bone

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Tickets paid for

krayzie Bone wrote:Most girls in the business don't really match PWG standards of wrestling. I don't mind seeing women's wrestling in PWG if they wrestle like Sarah Del Rey, but they just don't. With only seven matches booked, having a mediocre women match really kills the show.

I would love to see Sara Del Rey....there's not that many that can wrestle like her. Shimmer has a nice roster of woman
Souf Centrol

Postby jonah » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Purchased front row tix, can't wait!
jonah

Postby jdrouskirsh » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:I need me some Von Eerie.

Meh. She got her rub from PWG and then bolted. I'd rather they bring new girls in.

Buggy!

I wouldn't say she bolted cuz she's been in mexico basically since after she was here. So it might just be a case where they are paying her more to stay in mexico than to come back here and wrestle for whoever(nwa hollywood, aws, pwg etc) every 3 months or so. Shit there's a reason why Jack Evans has yet to come back to the states lol

she's been done in Mexico for a few months... I think the main reason why we won't be seeing her much anymore is because she moved to Florida to be with Jesse Neal
jdrouskirsh

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:14 pm

jdrouskirsh wrote:she's been done in Mexico for a few months... I think the main reason why we won't be seeing her much anymore is because she moved to Florida to be with Jesse Neal

That alone should be reason to not book her anymore. That guy is a fucking joke.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:18 am

jdrouskirsh wrote:she's been done in Mexico for a few months... I think the main reason why we won't be seeing her much anymore is because she moved to Florida to be with Jesse Neal

That alone should be reason to not book her anymore. That guy is a fucking joke.

I'm with you on that one
Souf Centrol

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:13 am

What about bringing in Allison Danger from Shimmer, I hear she's coming into SoCal a lot.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby El Asian » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:46 am

think its a bit messed up to not book someone just because they are dating someone that we don't like because I would like to see Christina back in PWG as soon as she's available but if there are 2 specific women PWG really should bring back, it should be Sara Del Ray and Lufisto, also bring in Cheerleader Melissa and Ayako Hamada and I would have suggest Awesome Kong except that opportunity has long passed now (for those wondering, she signed a deal with the WWE)

now personally, I would like to see PWG bring in Triple Tails, which consists of joshi wrestlers Kana, Io Shirai, and Mio Shirai but we're getting off-topic now and there's a thread to suggest on who PWG should bring in but since Generico has been confirmed to be in England during DDT4, I still say PWG books Low Ki vs. either Joey Ryan or Paul London, maybe have all 3 go at it
El Asian

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:21 pm

El Asian wrote: Lufisto

Didn't she have a stroke or something?
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:00 pm

El Asian wrote: Lufisto

Didn't she have a stroke or something?

If she did I didn't hear anything about it. I know she's still working though cuz she was up selling merch last night wherever she was
Souf Centrol

Postby El Asian » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:07 pm

she did have a stroke but as you can see, she recovered
El Asian

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:57 pm

El Asian wrote:think its a bit messed up to not book someone just because they are dating someone that we don't like because I would like to see Christina back in PWG as soon as she's available but if there are 2 specific women PWG really should bring back, it should be Sara Del Ray and Lufisto, also bring in Cheerleader Melissa and Ayako Hamada and I would have suggest Awesome Kong except that opportunity has long passed now (for those wondering, she signed a deal with the WWE)

Having just 1 of those mentioned would be F'kn sicckkk!!!
I would love to see Hamada.

Purchased my tix yesterday... 3more weeks, baby!!! :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Meltman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:36 am

Yeah she should date you instead.
Meltman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Meltman wrote:

Yeah you should actually come to a show instead of trolling the boards all the time.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby El Asian » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:21 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:Check back next week for the announcement of the First Round DDT4 tournament matches!

gonna be that guy but its been next week and there hasn't been any announcements for the 1st round matches yet
El Asian

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Meltman wrote:

Yeah you should actually come to a show instead of trolling the boards all the time.

Boom!
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:36 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:Yeah you should actually come to a show instead of trolling the boards all the time.

I can hold your glasses as you take a pic of me.

For a bunch of potheads you guys got thin skin.
Meltman

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum