Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning on January 29, 2011!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning on January 29, 201

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:26 am

3 more days!!!! This is going to be bloody epic!!!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby american rudeboy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:32 pm

So can I buy GA tix now?
american rudeboy

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:14 pm

american rudeboy wrote:So can I buy GA tix now?

Would probably be a good idea. The other option would be taking a chance and showing up at the convention floor Saturday morning and buying a ticket from the table, but I'd advise against it. I recommend e-mailing Amber Gertner to ensure a ticket will be held for you when you purchase it online.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I think a lot of folks who are going might perk at this.

They're doing the auction again, although this time they're allowing bids from the internet to be count. Bidding ends at midnight on Saturday after the PWG show.

The one item that might catch folks' attention is the mask Generico wore at ROH Final Battle 2010. If the winner is present at the convention, Generico will personally present the mask to them.
Lord Akiyama

Postby american rudeboy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:
american rudeboy wrote:So can I buy GA tix now?

Would probably be a good idea. The other option would be taking a chance and showing up at the convention floor Saturday morning and buying a ticket from the table, but I'd advise against it. I recommend e-mailing Amber Gertner to ensure a ticket will be held for you when you purchase it online.

whats her email address?
american rudeboy

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:10 pm

american rudeboy wrote:whats her email address?

amber@highspots.com
Lord Akiyama

Postby dirtydutch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:42 am

might actually get to go to the PWG show, somehow I got a Saturday off, it will be GA tickets but that's better than nothing. just no London makes me a sad panda
dirtydutch

Postby Lord Akiyama » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:38 am

I will be driving up from San Diego is a few hours.

The WrestleReunion web site is reporting that Edge is hanging about visiting some of his friends, like Helms, before heading back out for Rumble on Sunday.

Billy Graham made it to the hotel yesterday. He was said to be in good spirits and greeted folks in the lobby.

Katie Lee Burchill is a last minute addition to the guest list. She will be doing autographs and photos on Friday and possibly Saturday.
Lord Akiyama

Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning on January 29, 2011!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 pm

With Wrestlereunion 5 underway and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning little over 24 hours away, we are in the unfortunate position of announcing two changes to the previously announced lineup.

-- Christina Von Eerie is unable to make it to Los Angeles this weekend for Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning. Rest assured, we are working hard to find a last-minute replacement in the Eight-Person Tag Team Match.

-- The Four-Way Tag Team Match at Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning will no longer be for Number One contendership to the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship. Instead, the winners of the match will become the first team entered in 2011's DDT4, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's annual tag team tournament. DDT4 will take place on Friday, March 4, 2011 at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA.

-- T-Shirts are back in stock! We will have Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning logo T-Shirts, along with the classic Pro Wrestling Guerrilla logo T-Shirt and the hard-to-find "Revoluci
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Lord Akiyama » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Arrived at the hotel and checked out the convention floor for a bit. Here are my notes of the event so far:

Paul London showed up. He previously wasn't going to make it, but I guess his weekend got free. He's been walking the floor and messed around with Candice LeRae at the NWA Hollywood booth. He will be hanging out at the HighSpots and Big Time Wrestling tables tomorrow from what I hear. Could he suddenly sneak into the PWG show tomorrow like last year?

Christopher Daniels set up a little spot at the HighSpots table for a brief period.

Funny moment was that some one wanted an autograph from Tammy Lynn Sytch. When she did the autograph, the guy disappeared. Bill Apter went on the mic and announced, "Your Sunny autograph is now ready. You are being stalked by Sunny."

As of right now, the bid for the Generico mask from Final Battle 2010 is up to $85. Amber Gertner and I suspect the final bid could end up being $250.

Billy Graham is in good spirits, talking to the fans and just having a good time.

Fans have been on alert in case they spot Edge around after he was spotted last night. The convention folks don't know where he is, if he's still around.

That's it for now. Will post more probably tomorrow prior to the PWG show.
Lord Akiyama

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Edge is walking around. I managed to snap a pic with him.
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby Lord Akiyama » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Edge was in attendance for at least the Kings of Wrestling vs. World's Greatest Tag Team match. When the match ended, a lot of girls were screaming and I went over and caught Edge entering an elevator going up. At the very least, he'll be here tomorrow.
Lord Akiyama

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:23 pm

does anybody know how long the iron sheik is gonna be staying at the convention?
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:42 am

To the people who went to the ROH show, how was it?
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:22 am

CrOwNMeKiNG23 wrote:To the people who went to the ROH show, how was it?

In ring? Way better than last year. TJP and Davey had a killer match, WGTT-KOW was stellar, and Roddy-Generico was wonderful.

Out of ring? There was the ICP fans yelling out random ICP shit at people in the ring all night, which sucked. And the ROH crowd was kind of shitty. I look forward to the PWG crowd showing up tomorrow and showing them how to chant and get involved.

Convention wise, it turns out that most of the stuff there was today you didn't need a VIP pass for, but many vendor guests were cool. Edge is apparently filming something down here and hanging out. Colt Cabana's live podcast was cool.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby jdw » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 am

ROH show thoughts:

Curtain Jerker: watchable opener. Nothing great, but solid.

ANX vs Cutlers: feel bad for the Cutlers. This was a disjointed messy match, with too many spots where the teams weren't on the same page or off the mark.

Colt-Brisco: Short. Dumb booking as the face vs face mixed up the crowd on who to get behind. Colt's comedy works well with a heel to play off. Didn't have it here. When they got down to business, it was solid but the fan reactions were poor. Worst match I've seen live due to the booking.

Davey-Perkins: Crowd liked this a great deal, largely due to being very into Davey. I thought Perkins looked good, and didn't see it as largely due to Davey making him look good. If you like Davey, you'd like this match. At worst it was watchable because of the contrast to the two poor matches before it.

Daniels-Brisco: Crowd again mixed up by the face vs face. I'm not a fan of Daniels at all, but once this got going it was solid and eventually pulled the crowd into it. It's Daniels, you can call pretty much every overly choreograph transition and dosey-doh revesal-o-rama... not my cup of tea. If you like these two, you'd probably like the match if you were able to ignore the crowd.

KOW-WGTT: Fans treated this as the main event, and the number that left once it was over was uncomfortable. WGTT were useful for some cool spots, but their work was pretty disappointing. Shelton seemed to be gased at the end of every segment of his, and Haas looked off. KOW was KOW, and very good in making this come off as a strong match to the fans. The fans wanted this to be great, and illusion that makes a match come across better than it really is.

Roddy-Generico: This would have been an excellent match infront of a pure ROH crowd, and a helluva match in Reseda. Dragged down by the chunk of the crowd that left, and a chunk that stayed and weren't into the match. Feel sorry for the two of them because they busted their asses to have a quality main event, even creating doubt in the minds of the fans that Generico could win.

Overall, all three of us were very disappointed in the card. Not having clear heels out here to face, Cabana, the Briscoes and Daniels was just dumb booking.

The convention crowd is the worst I've been in since the 90s. Far too much of the sections around me lost interest in the show and were rambling about anything other than what was in the ring. Lots of heckling, but even at the level of some of the worst heckling in Reseda: this stuff was heat killing crap. There was constant moving around of the crowd, with one annoying bearded dude seeming to leave his seat every match, then come back by before it was over. There was an asshat fan with a Celtics/Rondo jersey on out side, and both the much larger guys I was with wanted to pount the living crap out of him by about the 3rd match, and were indicating if he was at the card on Sat that they'd seek out another part of the room to avoid actually going after him. We had another asshat duo in out section who would wander in and out, never going more than 20 seconds after returning before they started hecking the workers. The level of shitfaced/high/stoned fans ran circles around Reseda despite the fabled pitchers in Reseda (and lord knows the mass quantities being consumed there). I can only draw the conclusion that the professional drinkers of the Reseda regular can hold their hooch than the convention slapdicks.

I could write several more paragraphs on how horrible the crowd was... I haven't event mentioned the Juggaloo fans that were the cherry on the top of the fan shitsandwich. Terrible.

I hope on Sat night we see:

* a much lower % of bad fans

* the PWG workers realize that what works infront of Home Court Fans dialed into the product doesn't always hold the attention of Convention Fans

I have little home of the first. So I'm hoping that that the workers adjust a bit to keep the fans engaged.

Was the Convention Crowd this bad last year?

John
jdw

Postby jdw » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:58 am

Sorry for the typos in the prior post. After 1:30, long day, and being pissed at the crappy fans had me typing too fast.

Just a head up of you're only going to the PWG show: be prepard for bad fans.

John
jdw

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:45 am

It was hard to enjoy the show with the way the crowd was last night. The heckling was just really bad and I strongly suspect the fact that they could nab some booze just outside the room made it worse. But even then, the heat just wasn't there outside of the excellent KOW vs. WGTT match.

Speaking of which, apparently Edge was in attendance for that match before afterwards there was a lot of girls squealing at the door. I went over to look and caught him leaving and getting into an elevator to check in for the night. The fans are on high alert as I suspect he might be at tonight's show for Helms, who he's buddies with.
Lord Akiyama

Postby ajday » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:23 am

PWG_Silverback wrote:

With Wrestlereunion 5 underway and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning little over 24 hours away, we are in the unfortunate position of announcing two changes to the previously announced lineup.

-- Christina Von Eerie is unable to make it to Los Angeles this weekend for Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning. Rest assured, we are working hard to find a last-minute replacement in the Eight-Person Tag Team Match.

-- The Four-Way Tag Team Match at Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning will no longer be for Number One contendership to the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship. Instead, the winners of the match will become the first team entered in 2011's DDT4, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's annual tag team tournament. DDT4 will take place on Friday, March 4, 2011 at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA.

-- T-Shirts are back in stock! We will have Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning logo T-Shirts, along with the classic Pro Wrestling Guerrilla logo T-Shirt and the hard-to-find "Revoluci
ajday

Postby jdw » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:39 am

The problem with the DDT Qualifier concept is that most or all of the other 3 teams end up in DDT anyway.

Also in seeing the crowd last night, I don't think that the crappy Convention Fans will get or care about the concept of DDT qualifying.

If there's some issue with making any of these teams the #1 contented (don't know why there would be), a better stip would be a Money In The Bank stip where the winner gets a title shot at the time of their liking. In a sense, Joey's BOLA win turned into that. Having a singles and tag MitB lets the bookers get a little creative.

John
jdw

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum