Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning on January 29, 2011!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning on January 29, 201

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:51 am

jdw wrote:The problem with the DDT Qualifier concept is that most or all of the other 3 teams end up in DDT anyway.

Also in seeing the crowd last night, I don't think that the crappy Convention Fans will get or care about the concept of DDT qualifying.

If there's some issue with making any of these teams the #1 contented (don't know why there would be), a better stip would be a Money In The Bank stip where the winner gets a title shot at the time of their liking. In a sense, Joey's BOLA win turned into that. Having a singles and tag MitB lets the bookers get a little creative.

John

honestly, it does seem interesting as to what PWG has in store for DDT4 this year since there is a qualifier but I have to wonder why the Young Bucks, same with the Cutlers as well, have to qualify to DDT4 this year especially when the Bucks have gone to the finals twice and even won it for 1 year

also, as for replacement for Christina, my guess it'll either be a local chick or one of the women working the convention
Lord Akiyama wrote:Speaking of which, apparently Edge was in attendance for that match before afterwards there was a lot of girls squealing at the door. I went over to look and caught him leaving and getting into an elevator to check in for the night. The fans are on high alert as I suspect he might be at tonight's show for Helms, who he's buddies with.

actually, he's also good friends with Sinn Bodhi as well, so he'll be here to see that as well but the clear answer is that Edge is gonna wrestle the PWG show tonight :lol:
El Asian

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:34 am

We know Edge can't wrestle for the show. He did say however he was going to visit his friend Shane and a few others while he's filming the new movie.

On the crowd, I heard the same thing last year. The ROH crowd just doesn't compare to the PWG crowd. Tonight the PWGKliq will be out in full force. Last year there were some assholes but I quickly made short work of the ones on my side. I'm always capable of doing that again this year. Especially making them look like assclowns.

I hope Excalibur put them in their place too! Last year he still owns the best mic moment when that one dude complained about Chucky T not showing up and Excal told him "What? Do you have a fucking snow plow?" Oh yeah!

There is a reason why PWG is the top indie Fed in the nation, hands down!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby talley_1986 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Is there any truth in PWInsider claiming the legends battle royal is now a Royal Rumble-like match?
talley_1986

Postby Meltman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:13 pm

talley_1986 wrote:Is there any truth in PWInsider claiming the legends battle royal is now a Royal Rumble-like match?

Did you really expect all of them in the ring at once?
Meltman

Postby talley_1986 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Well yeah, that's what a battle royal is.
talley_1986

Postby Meltman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Yea but even when WWE did their legends royale they ran in at different times. It's kind of common sense.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Actually I think Im wrong on that. Either way though I got to guess they'll enter every 60 secs. Got to get a reaction even if theres no music.
Meltman

Postby talley_1986 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:14 pm

The gimmick battle royal at WM 17 was a normal battle royal with everyone in at the same time. They just made sure to allow everyone to have an entrance to get a pop.

Since PWG doesn't air entrances, having a Rumble is the best way to showcase everyone for the DVD.
talley_1986

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:43 pm

i might fuck up a juggalo tonight. im not listen to that bullshit again.
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby jacob_burman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:36 pm

You KNOW the Jugs are going to be full force tonight with Vampiro in the battle royal. Kind of glad I am sick and couldn't make it. I hate that group and their fans with a passion. You know they are going to start shit if Vamp looks bad. Best of luck to you fellow PWGers when you got to deal with that shit. Sadly, with what I am reading, I expect next year they will be back as at the end of the day, it's about money and ICP draw a crowd.

Heard Jamie Kennedy was refilimg on Thursday for Edge's WWE movie, just shocked Edge is still there with the Rumble on Sunday. But this might be Sinn's biggest match to date and those two are pretty close. Read somewhere Funk might retire too or something? Should be a good reaction to the old guys, hopefully the Jugs don't fuck that up.

Kind of do wish I was there to sport my Rondo jersey :(
jacob_burman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:13 pm

It's weird. I ran into the actual ICP guys, from the group, and they seemed perfectly nice and cool. Their fans, though, were being obnoxious just to be obnoxious. If they want to cheer Vampiro because he is an ICP guy, thats fine, but don't yell your stuff during the whole night.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Holy shit it's packed in here. Lots of people standing.

1st match is the mix tag match. ODB came out to replace Von Erie
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:38 pm

Gaston subs Peter Avalon. Poor skinny kid got the shot kicked out of him.

2nd match. Mr agulia vs buc. Ese wins win moon sault.

3rd Joey vs Helems
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Joey made helms tapp. Helms had tons of heat. The crowd hated him.

4th match. Davey vs low ki.
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby CP Munk » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:46 pm

Terry funk just got eliminated and jumped back in haha
CP Munk

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:58 am

HOLY SHIT. Tonight's show was fucking incredible.

Great fast opener, Davey-Low Ki was off the charts, the battle royale was fun, Hero-Steen was great, 4 way tag was great and the main event was wonderful. The main event was especially noteworthy because the show was seriouslty like 5 hours long, and they had to overcome crowd fatigue. Great show though.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby jdw » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:47 am

Very entertaining card.

Still had a contingent of asshat juggaloos, and they were there from the start of the card tonight rather than wandering in miday on the ROH card. They literally were driving away fans from their section, which allowed them to keep "upgrading" forward closer to the ring. Felt sorry for the fans they drove away, but happy they kept getting further away from us.

Folks really need to talk to the promoters of the WR to avoid inviting the ICP to the WR next year. The value added is incredibly low relative to the negative. There were in the range of 10-20 of them. Perhaps there were more at the con who just didn't care to go to the wrestling matches. Still, it was a drop in the bucket compared the number of overall fans. When you have fans saying they wouldn't have come if they knew those jerkoffs would be there, and won't come back next year if they have to put up with them, that's a negative.

That said, the overall crowd was a huge improvement over the ROH crowd. They were enthusiatic about the product from start to finish, even though worn out, tired and exhausted by the time the main event went on. Sounds like a patting on the back spot, but a main event going on at 1 AM brutal. I don't know if it will come across on tape, but the fans that remained were doing their equiv of busting their ass to stay focused, engaged and vocal about the the match, and it really was something to watch. They also did a good job of shouting down the asshats.

Maybe more comments about the individual matches after getting sleep. Only the Joey match had issues. The rest was very watchable and entertaining.,

John
jdw

Postby BadFurDay » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:13 am

So, anyone who went there care to share the results? :)

Curiosity is killing me!
BadFurDay

Postby Tarfoo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:54 am

BadFurDay wrote:So, anyone who went there care to share the results? :)

Curiosity is killing me!

I obviously wasn't there, but here you go:

Cedric Alexander, Brandon Gatson, Candice LeRae, & Willie Mack over "Pretty" Peter Avalon, Caleb Konley, "The Manscout" Jake Manning, & ODB replacing Christina Von Eerie.

Mr. Aguila over Rey Buccanero

Joey Ryan over Shane Helms, apparently the fans were on Helms with chants such as "Shut the fuck up" and "Don't come back"

Low Ki over Davey Richards in what's said to be a great match

Jake Roberts over Kizarny in his retirement match.

Roddy Piper wins Legends Battle Royal

Chris Hero over Kevin Steen. Steen - "At DDT4, everybody dies!"

The RockNES Monsters win the 4way tag, first team to qualify for DDT4 in March.

Claudio over Generico in the main event, Joey Ryan attacks Claudio after the match.
Tarfoo

Postby BadFurDay » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:01 am

Thanks!

Happy to see Helms getting dissed. Never liked the guy.

Seems like it was a fun show, will get a copy!
BadFurDay

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum