January Show

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: January Show

Postby tmac9311 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:14 pm

Well after listening to Kevin Steen's recent interview, sounds like the stipulation at Final Battle was more than a work, so he should be available in January. Steen vs The Hurricane could be fun, but Helms may not be allowed to do that gimmick. Hopefully most these guys end up in the Battle Royal, so we can get as many PWG matches as possible. I guess getting the good exposure is good for the company and I'm happy about that, but with only one show a month if we're lucky, us fans get a little defensive on our match quality. Maybe we can throw all those guys in one match, like Generico/London/Rios/Helms vs Vampiro/Steen/Young Bucks or something like that.
tmac9311

Postby El Asian » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:27 am

I can see Vampiro being teamed with the Young Bucks for heel heat though its probably easier for him to half ass it, personally I rather see PWG not waste any time with Vampiro and hoping something happens to him before the show so he wouldn't wrestle for the show at all

in good news related to the Legends Battle Royal, Excalibur will be calling the match with Good Ol' DR, so that should be awesome though I was kinda hoping Excalibur to add himself in the Legends Battle Royal
El Asian

Postby kikrusher99 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:38 am

I still say Vampiro will be better than Jake the Snake. Jake is an old beat up crackhead, his retirement match should have happened in the 90s in the WWF, not in 2011 and not in PWG. Roberts looked like absolute shit when he was in TNA a few years ago and i bet he isn't any better now. Vampiro half-assing it will at least be watchable.

Necro vs Jake is all i can think of that may be enjoyable. Then again Malachi needs work...
kikrusher99

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:10 pm

kikrusher99 wrote:I still say Vampiro will be better than Jake the Snake. Jake is an old beat up crackhead, his retirement match should have happened in the 90s in the WWF, not in 2011 and not in PWG. Roberts looked like absolute shit when he was in TNA a few years ago and i bet he isn't any better now. Vampiro half-assing it will at least be watchable.

Vampiro is pretty broken down too. Have you seen him in AAA? He broke his back last year and really isn't in great shape.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby kikrusher99 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:38 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
kikrusher99 wrote:I still say Vampiro will be better than Jake the Snake. Jake is an old beat up crackhead, his retirement match should have happened in the 90s in the WWF, not in 2011 and not in PWG. Roberts looked like absolute shit when he was in TNA a few years ago and i bet he isn't any better now. Vampiro half-assing it will at least be watchable.

Vampiro is pretty broken down too. Have you seen him in AAA? He broke his back last year and really isn't in great shape.

Out of the two of them, I would assume Vampiro could wrestle better if only because he is still mildly active. When was Jake's last real match?
kikrusher99

Postby chdevin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:56 pm

american rudeboy wrote:I was really wishing I could finally see Chuck Taylor wrestle. Guess not.

This calls for a "We Want Chuck" chant.
chdevin

Postby El Asian » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:53 pm

chdevin wrote:
american rudeboy wrote:I was really wishing I could finally see Chuck Taylor wrestle. Guess not.

This calls for a "We Want Chuck" chant.

please don't, its stupid and disrespectful if you try that crap really
El Asian

Postby ChrisIsAwesome » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:03 pm

El Asian wrote:in good news related to the Legends Battle Royal, Excalibur will be calling the match with Good Ol' DR, so that should be awesome

Niiice, where'd you hear that?
ChrisIsAwesome

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:25 am

i agree with this.

what show did davey do this "good ol' DR" commentary on??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:54 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:what show did davey do this "good ol' DR" commentary on??

The greatness that is "Good Ol' DR" appears on 100 during Generico vs. Sonjay Dutt. It was originally supposed to be just Excalibur and Bryan Danielson on commentary, but Davey (who just had a match) walked over, shoved Excalibur out of the chair and did the commentary. It's absolutely friggin' hilarious and damn happy we're gonna hear it for the Legends Battle Royal.
Lord Akiyama

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:what show did davey do this "good ol' DR" commentary on??

The greatness that is "Good Ol' DR" appears on 100 during Generico vs. Sonjay Dutt. It was originally supposed to be just Excalibur and Bryan Danielson on commentary, but Davey (who just had a match) walked over, shoved Excalibur out of the chair and did the commentary. It's absolutely friggin' hilarious and damn happy we're gonna hear it for the Legends Battle Royal.

He also did commentary with Excalibur during the Roddy/Omega match last year at The Secret of Guerilla Island.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:42 am

So now that Generico has an ROH Title match this weekend, think he will be given his PWG tTitle match as well?
eastbay510

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:14 pm

I doubt Generico will get the title shot anymore, eventhough I thought he was going to fight CC. I have to go back to original guess of:

Claudio vs Joey Ryan (PWG Title)
Peligro Abejas vs The Hurricane & Essa Rios (PWG tag titles)
Legends Battle Royal
Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs Austin Aries
Vampiro vs Johnny Goodtime
Chris Hero vs Brandon Gatson vs Davey Richards (#1 contender)
The Cutler Brothers vs Generation Me (#1 contender)

I think thats a good PWG Show. Book it! Your thoughts...
The Franchise13

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:02 pm

Here is an idea; how about not having legend's battle royal but rather bring in some of the hottest talent in the country that we don't usually get to see; Chikara is trully on fire these days, forget the legends. They paved the way for the young wrestlers, I have nothing but respect for them, but let them stay retired, no one wants to see them wrestle.
krayzie Bone

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:14 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Here is an idea; how about not having legend's battle royal but rather bring in some of the hottest talent in the country that we don't usually get to see; Chikara is trully on fire these days, forget the legends. They paved the way for the young wrestlers, I have nothing but respect for them, but let them stay retired, no one wants to see them wrestle.

Dude, the battle royal was pre-arranged by the convention. They're not taking it out.
Lord Akiyama

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Yes you are right Lord, the battle royal is a done deal. I just wish to see Chikara wrestlers in PWG ring. Both promotions are awesome, just imagine the matches that Goodtime, Taylor, Willie Mack, Gatson, and other PWG guys can have with Chikara guys, it would be freeking incredible.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:42 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Here is an idea; how about not having legend's battle royal but rather bring in some of the hottest talent in the country that we don't usually get to see; Chikara is trully on fire these days, forget the legends. They paved the way for the young wrestlers, I have nothing but respect for them, but let them stay retired, no one wants to see them wrestle.

Several Chikara guys, like Quack and Jigsaw at least, are working DGUSA that weekend anyways, so it wouldn't work. I would love a Chikara vs. PWG show, though.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby evilgenius » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:46 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Yes you are right Lord, the battle royal is a done deal. I just wish to see Chikara wrestlers in PWG ring. Both promotions are awesome, just imagine the matches that Goodtime, Taylor, Willie Mack, Gatson, and other PWG guys can have with Chikara guys, it would be freeking incredible.

Explain to me why you are so anti storyline in PWG yet you love Chikara,which is completely storyline driven.
Not a knock on you,just genuinely want to know.
evilgenius

Postby The Franchise13 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:52 pm

I don't know why there's so many of you crying and whining. But let's say we were to have it your way. Let's say in February's PWG show in Reseda, we get the Chikara crew to come over. How many more people would that attract to the show? An extra 50 people... if were lucky. This show is going to have over 600 people. Definitely 5 times bigger than any normal PWG show. Why so big? Because of matches like the Battle Royal, Roberts "Retirement" match, Hurricane and Rios. A show that's 5 times as big as a normal show... its good for business. Good for PWG. If your still want to whine or complain about this show, than your really only thinking about yourself and not what's best for PWG.

You have the right to your opinion... but if your complaining about something that's helping out PWG, than your not a true PWG fan.
The Franchise13

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:44 pm

We are not crying or whining. We are sharing ideas. To present an idea hardly constitutes a complaint. Next time you post please ask your high school teacher to explain to you the difference between proposing an idea vs complaint.

Whats best financially for PWG is a concern of PWG staff not mine. I'm not here to count PWG's profits or try to increase the revenue, I'm here to express my likes and dislikes as a wrestling fan, nothing more nothing less, so as a wrestling fan I want to see Chikara guys in PWG ring. If this is bad for business it is up to PWG staff to decide.

I'm not against story lines in PWG, I was always a fan of good story lines if its accompanied by awesome action in the ring. However PWG only runs once a month and sometimes less, so I think if we had many story lines in PWG, it would take away from seeing the unique matches that PWG has been giving us lately. Where else are you going to see El Generico vs Ricochet. So yes story lines are fine if you run at least every two weeks, this is not the case with PWG. Chikara does have good story lines and great wrestling, this is why I'm a big fan of Chikara. However what Chikara does will not work in PWG.
krayzie Bone

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum