PWG's "Enchantment Under The Sea" On May 20!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby TIOjon » Sun May 21, 2006 12:27 am

omg i think i fell inlove tonight there was a girl there and she was beautiful :(

ill propose to her!!!!!
she was sitting on the right side 2nd row
im inlove!!!!

hehe

PWG PUT ON A CRAZY SHOW tonight tho!!!!!
it was crazy!!!!
best ever well that ive been to
TIOjon

Postby scrub » Sun May 21, 2006 12:59 am

Waaaaaaaay better show than the La Habra one. Seemed way more focused. Looks like PWG addressed alotta the issues that fans were harping them on (Bosh jobbed out, no storylines, no real heels, etc.). That ending segment was awesome, real awesome. A couple matches could have been scrapped to keep the crowd hot for the whole show.

AD/CC ended so abruptly, which had me disappointed. I know those two can pull off some epic shit.

Human Tornado coming out to that T.I. single was a huge mark out moment for me.

Sydal is so awesome. He made B-Boy look king-sized in this.

The Briscoes are fucking beasts. 40oz and Tuff2Hit are my dogs! Those guys looked awesome since their last stint waaaaaaaaaaay back at PWG's 3rd show ever. Them and SD/Davey would be rad, as would Arrogance/Briscoes. The tag team scene in PWG is definitely rockin.

Reaaaaal good show. PWG seems to be back on track.
scrub

Postby Ole, Ole Ole Ole! » Sun May 21, 2006 1:01 am

Yes yes... tonight's card was solid, and the wrestling followed up. This was actually the 1st time I saw American Dragon, Briscoes, and Sydal. I was a bit disappointed with the American Dragon match, but I know he can do much more.

Yet in spite of quality wrestling and damn entertaining storyline (DYNASTY), the night was tainted by some obnoxious, ignorant, disrespectful "fans." I'm talking about the idiot that spit on Sky and the shallow bafoons yelling at Jade to grow some tits. One, I hope the spitter is banned from PWG. It also wouldn't hurt if Sky did find that bloke outside the PWG arena. Two, the "fans" insulting Jade should really learn some decency. If you think chest size is what determines beauty, you're so pathetic. I'm glad I'm not you.

To all my fellow respectful fans out there, lets not let our beloved PWG be plagued by foolish drunkards and rude attention whores.
Ole, Ole Ole Ole!

Postby Matt Flash » Sun May 21, 2006 1:12 am

Best PWG show I've been to and one of the best shows I've seen live period. Great foreshadowing of The Dynasty with everyone wearing pink. It's something small, but it's there. I'm sad as hell that Davey is no longer a Tag Champ but ya know what, it's only a matter of time before he takes the PWG World Title from Joey. It's comin' and you know it. Briscoes are indeed beasts, sweet crap they murdered Cape Fear. And how about Sydal getting a little busted open from BBoy's chops? AND THE OPENING MATCHES CHOPS! Top to bottom just a really, really good show. And to you wanna be witty guys during the Danielson/Claudio match, our chant said it all "THIS IS WRESTLING".

If you weren't there live, pick it up ASAP when it comes out on DVD. You won't regret it.
Matt Flash

Tonights show

Postby Pinky » Sun May 21, 2006 1:16 am

Well this was one for the books is all I can say. I hope the guy who rudely spat on Scorpio Sky is banned for life. I saw Scorpio come down after the show ended lookin for the guy to kick his ass. For once I was hopin' he would find the guy and extract some much neeeded revenge.

Although I am not a big fan of Scorpio Sky in anyway shape, fashion, or form, when that guy spat on his neck he totally crosse the line that never should have been. These guys and women are here to entertain the fans, they are a family of sorts and we all is a people bleed the color red. Scorpio is human and what that guy did was inexcusable. He should NEVER be let back in the doors of PWG ever again.

I got involved a while back in Scorpio and Sabins match, chased Jade aroud the ring, but even I know not to put my hands, feet or bodily fluids on them or anyone else for that matter That is the final act of disrespect you could ever show to a human being.

To that guy who decided to take things a bit toofar and spat on Scorpio Sky, my advice to you is this: We as fans of the promotion DONT need you there and I am sure the promotion doesnt want to ever see your face. You ruined what was a woderful night of wresting. If you are going to do things like that to the wrestlers, STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!
Pinky

Postby astro_zombie » Sun May 21, 2006 1:33 am

spitting on wrestlers is not fucking cool in the least. someone should kick that guy's ass.
astro_zombie

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun May 21, 2006 1:41 am

I thought this was PWG's best show so far this year.

My thoughts:

- Ronin/Koslov Vs. Bino/Hook w/Top Gun: Solid opener. I'm surprised that Koslov/Ronin were defeated.... again.

- Scorpio Sky Vs. Human Tornado was really fun. Saw the return of Tornado's "Slam Dunk Rana" (afterward he beaned Jade Chung really hard with the basketball) and the PWG debut of EWF's Candace LaRae who came out to help Human Tornado deal with Jade. Sky takes it with the Implant DDT. Really enjoyable match.

- Steen Vs. Aries was good. It went the comedy route with Aries playing up the "Macho Man" schtick, and Kevin Steen channeling Hulk Hogan. Steen wins with the package piledriver. Then rips his shirt off ala Hogan after the match.

- Disco/Nemesis Vs. Rocky/TJ: also good. It did drag at times though. Disco wins with the choke breaker on Rocky.

- Related stupid thought: I want to see TJ and Hook Bomberry to team up as "TJ Hooker"

- Joey-Sabin: Fun match. Here's the ending: Joey hit Sabin with the belt, Dino refuses to DQ him. So Joey hits Dino with the belt, then Sabin hits the cradle shock, Rick Knox runs in to make the count... but Scorpio Sky attacks him. THEN Sabin locks Joey in a submission hold (he had been working the knee) Knox wakes up... just as Joey taps out and calls for the bell. Everyone thinks Sabin had won... as he poses with the belt (again!) only to find out that Knox had in fact DQed Joey for Sky's interfearance. Belt stays with Joey.

- Briscoes-Cape Fear: Awesome stuff. Mark's leaping rana to Generico on the apron was amazing. As was the Briscoes' Razor's Edge into a neckbreaker. Alot of fun stuff in this one. Hope we get to see more of the Briscoes in the future.

- Double C-American Dragon: Hey, I really liked it! Not the match you'd expect from these two at all (I don't remember a single european uppercut being used) But I did think the super long headlock deal was pretty clever. But clearly it wasn't what this crowd wanted to see... and I thought it ended too quickly. But still for what it was, very good match.

- B-Boy-Matt Sydal: Another very good match with Sydal getting the crap kicked out of him. Kinda like Sydal-Strong from the April show. In the end (after several believable near falls) Sydal fell to the "Go 2 Sleep" B-Boy then wishes Sydal well on his trip to Dragon Gate.

- SD/Davey vs. Arrogance: At the risk of sounding like a broken record... great match! It had all the excellent team work you'd expect from these teams. With Arrogance really being dicks the whole time. Worth mentioning is Sd taking a tornado DDT from Bosh off the turnbuckle on to the apron and landing directly on his head... yikes.

- Davey appeared to have injured his knee on the suplex from the ring to the floor from Lost. A lot of drama and what not follow. THEN after really surprising help from Joey Ryan and Scorpio Sky, Chris Bosh FINALLY ends the reign with a Steiner Screwdriver on the tag belt to Davey.

- Then the aftermath. Which reminded me of the Sky, Bosh and Silver turn at "Pimpin' In High Places" They all take turns destroying Super Dragon. First he got a Curb Stomp on the chair from Sky. Then Lost puts him in the Sharpshooter while his head is wedged in a chair... and Bosh comes off the top with a double stomp to the head. Then of course, the Mustache Ride off the Top on two tables set up on the floor. INSANITY. Then Bosh cuts a promo turning on the PWG fans, and complaining about being "jobbed out" by the PWG and vows to be the PWG champion one day.

- Also somewhere in here: Sky says Lost taking his mask was the best thing that ever happened to him, as it allowed him to be his true self.

- THEN after the smoke clears, Davey says he wants a shot at Joey Ryan. And doesn't care who he has to go through to get it. He then thanks Super Dragon for the great reign together and the show ends.

- I didn't see the aforementioned "after show incidents" so I can't comment.

- No details on the June 3rd show were announced.

- Tag title match was my MOTN (I'm sucker for those type of matches) followed by the Bricoes/Cape Fear tag. If you missed it, be sure to pick it up when it's released on DVD.
TigerDriver98

Postby TIOjon » Sun May 21, 2006 1:55 am

First off i was right next to the Fan that had the incedent after.....so this is what happend!!!

The Fan said "scorpio u suck!" and made a face at scorpio ...SCORPIO was the one who Spat on the fan which was NOT COOL!!!!!! there fans and they can vouice there opinion on any
wreslter they wish to voice it on...the fan spit back not in the face tho as scorpio did ...he got pushed and got slapped by JADE...twice wich was really not cool......THATS WAHT HAPPEND AND I THINK SCORPIO WENT TO FAR
TIOjon

Postby SignalsCorrupted » Sun May 21, 2006 3:00 am

TIOjon wrote:omg i think i fell inlove tonight there was a girl there and she was beautiful :(

ill propose to her!!!!!
she was sitting on the right side 2nd row
im inlove!!!!

hehe

PWG PUT ON A CRAZY SHOW tonight tho!!!!!
it was crazy!!!!
best ever well that ive been to

thats funny, i actually know the girl you're talking about
SignalsCorrupted

Postby CheMateo » Sun May 21, 2006 8:57 am

What an awesome show! I was surprised to see Koslov and Ronin lose in the opening match. I thought they were going to start going on a roll.

Scoripo Sky vs Tornado was fun. I really digged Tornado's Slam dunk hurricarana and him hitting Jade with the basketball.

I think I'm in the minority when I say I really enjoyed the American Dragon/Double C match. Of course initially I didn't realize Dragon was gonna be in a headlock for that long but I knew the crowd would just eat it all up once he broke out. Good stuff.

Sabin vs. Joey was cool. I did get excited when Ryan tapped out and Sabin won, but I just knew that some screwy finish was going to happen and Sabin would be screwed for a second time and lo and behold Knox DQ's Ryan.

Briscoes vs Cape Fear was fantastic. It was my first time seeing them live and they finally made it back out to PWG. Cape Fear took such a beating, the Briscoes were nice and stiff. That over the top rope hurrincarana to El Generico was insane! The Razor Edge/neck breaker was a cool double team manuver. I felt bad for one of the Briscoes, not sure which one, who ended up taking that sunset power bomb to the floor. Bloody fools in the front rows didn't move their seats. Really good stuff.

Man I really wanted Sydal to defeat B-Boy but it was not meant to be. They had some really close near falls in the end. It got really exciting. Sydal took a lot of B-Boy's offense well. We wish Sydal well in Dragon Gate and hope to see him back here soon.

I can't believe the world tag title reign of Super Dragon and Davey Richards came to end last night. I remember getting worried once that dastardly swine Joey Ryan was keeping Dragon out on the floor and Davey was all alone in the ring. Then Bosh gave him that damn Steiner screw driver on the belt. Sad to see the reign end. Good match.

The aftermath was just insane. That foreshadowing some one mentioned about all Dynasty members wearing pink was a nice touch. I have not been so made at a group of heels in so long, but I just loathe the Dynasty. Damn them for brutalizing Davey and Super Dragon. The curb stomp on the chair, the sharpshooter and double stomp on the chair and the mustache ride to two tables on the outside. Damn them to hell!

Good to see this final scenario shut people up about people complaining about Bosh, heels and storylines. Great show over all can't wait to see where it goes from here and I hope to see Davey and Super Dragon make Dynasty feel their wrath.
CheMateo

Postby Wreckless » Sun May 21, 2006 9:41 am

wow show sounds awsome..i want to see the first ever tag team guerilla warfare match now :D was the davey injury legit or just good selling to set up further matches for the new fued? if so looks like davey vs lost for next month
Wreckless

Postby shyboy13 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:58 am

TIOjon wrote:First off i was right next to the Fan that had the incedent after.....so this is what happend!!!

The Fan said "scorpio u suck!" and made a face at scorpio ...SCORPIO was the one who Spat on the fan which was NOT COOL!!!!!! there fans and they can vouice there opinion on any
wreslter they wish to voice it on...the fan spit back not in the face tho as scorpio did ...he got pushed and got slapped by JADE...twice wich was really not cool......THATS WAHT HAPPEND AND I THINK SCORPIO WENT TO FAR

You are correct. I was right there too. Scorpio spat on the fan's face first. What does everyone expect the fan to do (I assume people did not know this part of the story)? The fan responded like any person who has any kind self respect would/should react. The fan did nothing wrong. SCORPIO WAS WRONG!!! I love Scorpio as an entertainer but he was the one at fault in this case. So was Jade because she started hitting the fan afterwards. People would have really gotten mad if the fan decided to hit her back the way she hit him. It would have been fair too because the fan only weighed about 120 pounds anyway.

Oh, and the SD claudio match was not my cup of tea. Everyone has an opinion and my opinion is such that I'm not sure I have ever seen a worse match live.

Everything else was great though.
shyboy13

Postby Ole, Ole Ole Ole! » Sun May 21, 2006 10:49 am

I'm just here to support the comments saying Sky was the one who 1st spit on that fan. I actually myspace messaged Sky about it, and here's his response:

"I spit in the face of the fan first. Right in his mouth actually lol. I dont blame him for spitting back. He was doing what a man should do. So I went to do what a man should do and thats beat someones brains out. I dont think he should be banned. I started it. As for Super Dragon, shall I say Super WHO? His career is over now. You wont be seeing him anytime soon. Now its the time of the DYNASTY !!"
Ole, Ole Ole Ole!

Postby Evilguest » Sun May 21, 2006 12:30 pm

Ole, Ole Ole Ole! wrote:
Yet in spite of quality wrestling and damn entertaining storyline (DYNASTY), the night was tainted by some obnoxious, ignorant, disrespectful "fans." I'm talking about the idiot that spit on Sky and the shallow bafoons yelling at Jade to grow some tits. One, I hope the spitter is banned from PWG. It also wouldn't hurt if Sky did find that bloke outside the PWG arena. Two, the "fans" insulting Jade should really learn some decency. If you think chest size is what determines beauty, you're so pathetic. I'm glad I'm not you.

Atleast you weren't stuck in front of them and had to hear them the entire night!
Evilguest

Postby TIOjon » Sun May 21, 2006 12:50 pm

[/quote]

thats funny, i actually know the girl you're talking about[/quote]

omg i must know who it was :( .....wait do you know her or you just saw her?????????

:( <3
TIOjon

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun May 21, 2006 1:06 pm

omg i must know who it was .....wait do you know her or you just saw her?????????

You should stalk her.

So yeah, about the show. Random thoughts:

-I don't care what Todd Martin said on the WO site, the entire Dynasty birth was perfectly done. Probably the best start to a stable in years. It reminded me of the start of DX, with the beatdown of a popular tag team with the team joining the faction becoming the champs. The entire promo portion of the segment was great as it gave people an idea as to why everyone did what they did. Everyone had some kind of agenda(sans Jade) and they all had one common goal.

-The Dragon beatdown was nuts. The way this started reminded me of the way his feud with Steen started, but with an epic feel. The Duff Drop was awesome, and the chair stomp was nuts.

-Todd Martin also ranted about screwjobs, but I think the way Davey and Dragon lost their belts was a great way to get the belts off them and to setup a rematch. Davey kept saying how domminent they are, and how they would die for the belts, this seems like they're going to do some insane blow off. It keeps them strong aswell, so I don't see anything bad about this.

-Danielson/Claudio was fantastic in my mind. Smart, effective, and to the point. I loved the "Less Is More" attitude that went into the match. Really good stuff from them.

-The Briscoes are fucking jacked. They looked really impressive in their match, and Cape Fear keep the awesome match streak alive.

Awesome show, worlds better than the La Habra event.
SoCalAndy

Postby scrub » Sun May 21, 2006 1:30 pm

Now I wanna see an awesome 8-man tag done right, with the same feel as that BOLA 8-man:

Dynasty vs. SD/Davey/Sabin ... then you could either plug in B-Boy (if he's still chasing the title, Human Tornado (since he has beef with Scorpio still, and he can bring Candace LaRae with him to watch Jade), Frankie Kazarian (again, beef with Scorpio), or maybe even Cape Fear.

Either way, however the face team ends up, it'll be an awesome hate-filled 8-man that can tear the roof off the JCC.
scrub

Postby Paul Burns » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:16 am

Damn, this show sounded freaking awesome. The Dynasty creation has appeared to have been done very nicely, can't wait for this bad boy to come out on DVD.

I don't see the hate for Dragon/CC, the entire match could be a 20 minute headlock and I'd still love it, while it appears as if there wasn't many moves I'm sure Claudio/Danielsons interactions with each other and stuff would have been entertaining.
Paul Burns

Postby ChrisV » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:48 am

Bumping this to page 1, so people can read it and compare/contrast my tape review I just posted...

Chris
ChrisV

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum