Re: The Curse of Guerrilla Island Live Results

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:02 pm

johnny Yuma vs. Brian Cage, opening up
Brian "NXT season 7" Cage wins
Peter Avalon vs Candace LeRae
Candace d. peter Avalon
Rocky Romero vs Ryan Taylor
Romero won, next up. cutlers vs the Briscoes
Briscoes win, and they chugged a pitcher of beer.
Chuck Taylor vs Johnny Goodtime
Chuck Taylor d. Johnny Goodtime
spawnsyxx9

Postby ChrisIsAwesome » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Your new PWG world champion is Claudio Castagnoli.

ChrisIsAwesome

Postby ChrisIsAwesome » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:53 pm

better pic..

ChrisIsAwesome

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Hooray to Johnny Yuma being on the card!

Boo to Claudio Castagnoli winning the title after 0 build up!
Whoblehwah

Postby JAG » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Whoblehwah wrote:
Boo to Claudio Castagnoli winning the title after 0 build up!

:? REALLY?????? This couldve been cool 2007-2008ish when he didnt end up going to the WWE. But without any build its kinda lame. CC was the last person i thought would win this match. He is a great wrestler and I am excited to see his run with the belt.
JAG

Postby bat4life » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Just got back, Great second half of the show. Im not sure how everyone who was there felt but the first half of the show sucked except for the brisco bros vs Cutlers. Generico vs richochet was the best singles match of the night and they put on a great match. The Main event kept going back and forth and was an awesome match. Things to point out though: small crowd today ALOT of empty seats, this is the first time ive seen it this empty this year. Generico was acting a little diffrent today, almost heel like. at one point he grabbed an empty pitcher of beer from Soufcentral I believe and was gonna use it on Rickochet. Chris hero got a huge cut on his cheek and man the crowd did not want him to win tonight. The guy with the IPAD was funny, great idea if you ask me.
bat4life

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:09 pm

bat4life wrote:Just got back, Great second half of the show. Im not sure how everyone who was there felt but the first half of the show sucked except for the brisco bros vs Cutlers. Generico vs richochet was the best singles match of the night and they put on a great match. The Main event kept going back and forth and was an awesome match. Things to point out though: small crowd today ALOT of empty seats, this is the first time ive seen it this empty this year. Generico was acting a little diffrent today, almost heel like. at one point he grabbed an empty pitcher of beer from Soufcentral I believe and was gonna use it on Rickochet. Chris hero got a huge cut on his cheek and man the crowd did not want him to win tonight. The guy with the IPAD was funny, great idea if you ask me.

The first half was indeed a little weak, but the opening match wasn't that bad. Also, who else is digging this new Taylors stable? It makes Chuckie T look more awesome and it gets over Brian Cage and Ryan Taylor who are a little boring by themselves. And I marked like a bitch when Claudio won the title. I wanted him to win, but didn't actually think they were going to book him to win. Also, the smaller crowd actually was a positive. The crowd was still pretty hot but didn't seem as snarky as it usually does. Hell it even seemed that a lot of the wrestlers were taking it easy.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby eldink » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:49 pm

i thought the card was great and the crowd was super hot for the three main events.....cage match was fun and yuma did well.....candace was fine, humor spots better then the wrestling spots but that was a given.....romero and goodtime were two slightly subpar matches but since the cutlers went on in between them the show never really dragged...enjoyed cutler match, a little slow starting but built up nicely...surprised at the result but maybe we will see more briscoes which is cool........loved the generico match....he let ricochet have almost the whole match and the result is we have another main eventer...i cannot believe how far this kid has come, he can get a major contract today at either place...the four way was near-great which was a pleasant surprise to me since i would have liked it to be elimination style.there was a messed up spot with gaston and claudio where i thought both where injured....i never understand how these guys don't get more hurt...the pop for claudio was sick...everyone was fine with him winning..there were more people rooting against joey and hero more then anything else so they were okay with this....one thing i like is that logically claudio can lose the belt at any show to any top contender which is always a cool dynamic..damn i love this promotion
eldink

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:01 am

eldink wrote:i thought the card was great and the crowd was super hot for the three main events.....cage match was fun and yuma did well.....candace was fine, humor spots better then the wrestling spots but that was a given.....romero and goodtime were two slightly subpar matches but since the cutlers went on in between them the show never really dragged...enjoyed cutler match, a little slow starting but built up nicely...surprised at the result but maybe we will see more briscoes which is cool........loved the generico match....he let ricochet have almost the whole match and the result is we have another main eventer...i cannot believe how far this kid has come, he can get a major contract today at either place...the four way was near-great which was a pleasant surprise to me since i would have liked it to be elimination style.there was a messed up spot with gaston and claudio where i thought both where injured....i never understand how these guys don't get more hurt...the pop for claudio was sick...everyone was fine with him winning..there were more people rooting against joey and hero more then anything else so they were okay with this....one thing i like is that logically claudio can lose the belt at any show to any top contender which is always a cool dynamic..damn i love this promotion

amen bro, amen
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby fatallylost » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:24 am

AmericanWolvesMark wrote:
bat4life wrote:Just got back, Great second half of the show. Im not sure how everyone who was there felt but the first half of the show sucked except for the brisco bros vs Cutlers. Generico vs richochet was the best singles match of the night and they put on a great match. The Main event kept going back and forth and was an awesome match. Things to point out though: small crowd today ALOT of empty seats, this is the first time ive seen it this empty this year. Generico was acting a little diffrent today, almost heel like. at one point he grabbed an empty pitcher of beer from Soufcentral I believe and was gonna use it on Rickochet. Chris hero got a huge cut on his cheek and man the crowd did not want him to win tonight. The guy with the IPAD was funny, great idea if you ask me.

The first half was indeed a little weak, but the opening match wasn't that bad. Also, who else is digging this new Taylors stable? It makes Chuckie T look more awesome and it gets over Brian Cage and Ryan Taylor who are a little boring by themselves. And I marked like a bitch when Claudio won the title. I wanted him to win, but didn't actually think they were going to book him to win. Also, the smaller crowd actually was a positive. The crowd was still pretty hot but didn't seem as snarky as it usually does. Hell it even seemed that a lot of the wrestlers were taking it easy.

I'm right there with you. Cage was botching too often, and Ryan didn't seem to be getting any heat, but, tonight cemented the Taylor boys as something special to me.

I agree with the heelish act Generico was doing. Not bad, but, just odd and out of nowhere.

as far as Claudio winning... it made the night. I'd like to remind people, it's not always about 6 months of build up. The place almost rioted when Joey pinned Claudio at BOLA. That amount of heat was almost an instant build up.

Also, another great spot was when Claudio got the "please come back" chant, and gave a confused look.
fatallylost

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:51 am

Fuck the ipad guy. It was irritating and really conceited to think anyone gives a shit what he wanted to right. And so pretentious.

The tag match on and forward was very good, but the openings were ok. I love Claudio having it. Hero's cut on his cheek was raised and looked like hell.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby dirtydutch » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:23 am

did anyone else feel the main event was a tad short?
dirtydutch

Postby fatallylost » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:35 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:Fuck the ipad guy. It was irritating and really conceited to think anyone gives a shit what he wanted to right. And so pretentious.

The tag match on and forward was very good, but the openings were ok. I love Claudio having it. Hero's cut on his cheek was raised and looked like hell.

I meant to mention that too. I don't blame him for trying, but, that was the lamest thing ever. Especially holding it up 50 times. Once or twice would have been ok.

People just don't quite understand the quality over quantity idea.
fatallylost

Postby sourdoughjack » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:49 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:Fuck the ipad guy. It was irritating and really conceited to think anyone gives a shit what he wanted to right. And so pretentious.

All the people around him were encouraging him, so that was why he kept doing it. His own section got a kick out of it. Also, isn't it just like having a sign?
sourdoughjack

Postby Meltman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:12 am

What exactly happened with Chuck, Cage & Ryan Taylor? Did they form a new stable?
Meltman

Postby b2u » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:05 am

I felt like last night was the start of a new chapter in PWG. The Taylor Boy's made their impact last night and made their stable official after their chance partnership at BOLA for the six man tag. Seems they'll be feuding with a bunch of the under card guys, which I think is great because it gives the under card guys more focus now. I can't wait to see the RockNES Monsters vs. The Taylor Boy's or the possible tag title matches between the Taylor Boys and Peligro Abejas. Then of course Taylor Boys vs. Cutlers, Briscoes, Bucks, etc. And since they're a team of three, we can get Freebird rules if they just so happen to take the belts from Peligro Abejas. After lat night's show, it seems that the Taylor Boy's are the number one threat to the tag belts right now since Peligro Abejas beat the Cutlers already, who are #1 contender's in a lot of people's minds.

With Claudio winning, it makes the world title picture so f'ning fresh now. So many possible match ups, I just don't know where to start. But Joey is obviously getting his shot, but hopefully doesn't win. Then they teased a Kings of Wrestling world title match last night in the 4 way as Claudio and Hero were hesitant at first to face each other. Then of course Claudio vs. Gatson would be great too. Then Roddy needs his rematch from the quarter finals against Claudio. Then Ricochet is so over now he needs a rematch with Claudio with the belt on the line. Generico and London should be in lined for title shots too since they are the current tag champs. Then Chuck Taylor could make a push into the main event and challenge Claudio. Then there's the Austin Aries who needs fresh work right now. Not to mention Homicide for a one shot show. Then of course the eventual return of Davey Richards down the line, whether it be for one show, he still needs at least one title rematch. So what that's like 10 possible fresh world title match ups. So in hind sight, I think Claudio winning is a huge plus for PWG.
b2u

Postby Detroitboi » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 am

I noticed Generico's questionable heel turn as well. Especially when the crowd started chanting Ochet as well as Ole'. Kinda like "That's MY Chant!" lol. But that was definately match of the night. Cutlers and Briscoes got pretty good as it progressed. I loved the Taylor Boys faction, maybe the bad guy tactics will push chuck to a title run or something. As far as the Title match, the whole thing was what? 15 Minutes it seems? Maybe a bit more, but it was short. Claudio Winning? I'm not against it, as long as he shows up. Looks like Joey is back to the sleezy ways, or a hint of it with him slapping Claudio and running away. Sucks because he probably wanted a face run, but the crowd was so against him it was probably decided to just go heel. With him having a shot in the bank I wouldn't be surprised if he came out with the title soon. Hero can't catch a break when you hear "Anyone but Hero" chants. Again I'm all for a champ that will show up more than twice a year, no one in particular. Had a great time as usual.
Detroitboi

Postby JAG » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:42 am

Any mention of the next show?
JAG

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum