More Austin Aries!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: More Austin Aries!

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:05 pm

And you like eddie kingston................
Souf Centrol

Postby OSKMIA » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:22 pm

That's a big NO for Sami! This is someone who I never want to see in a PWG ring... ever. I also really dislike his headlock driver finisher.

Oh and come on PWG bring in Shiima Xion already!
OSKMIA

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Sami is a very intense wrestler, very innovative. Austin Aries throws the same moves over and over again, shit is boring. Yes Eddie Kingston is great cause he is also very intense. What is that you are so confused about Souf?
krayzie Bone

Postby Whoblehwah » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:40 pm

I kind of like Sami, but I haven't really seen much of him. Also I haven't seen much of Shiima Xion either, but he is impressive.
Whoblehwah

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:28 pm

PWG never brings anybody from CZW, so forget about Sami. Gotta love wrestling politics lol
krayzie Bone

Postby jboyaquar » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:22 am

Why the bad blood between CZW and PWG? Organizations like these who band together create a more compelling and popular product.

Aries is an attractive commodity because he's developed an entertainer's persona. Previously, critics used to compare Aries to C Daniels - for stringing together fancy move after move without psychology. Well, isn't/wasn't that Tyler Black-Richards at DBD 2010?! Sure, Aries best work in PWG isn't workrate - it's being in tune with his character and playing off who hes working against - sleazin it up with Candice LeRay or putting forth Kendrick and his lazyness out for the public to see... When I watch Aries I get an event - sometimes small/sometimes truly grand stuff. That's why I continue to watch wrestling - because I gravitate towards the personalities - El Generico is the classic babyface underdog who's tough enough to withstand the deadliest strong-style offense...I know he'll kick out ten times before Shingo puts him away.

So Jon Moxley - he's charismatic and watchable - yes, his work is not NOAH but he's hungry/assertive and brings something unique - his misogynism and high school football team bully energy keeps me on edge as to what he'll do.
Sami Callahan is improved but, to me, still forced - give it another 9 months.
Gargano is overexposed and not needed in PWG

Something that would interest me is having an established East Coaster like Homicide or Kingston enter into a feud with a whiteboy like Gatson - a lost art in wrestling is playing up the obvious... you have the street vs. Star Search - whaddya think?
jboyaquar

Postby El Asian » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:51 am

jboyaquar wrote:Why the bad blood between CZW and PWG? Organizations like these who band together create a more compelling and popular product.

there probably isn't, its probably just krayzie bone starting unnecessary shit
El Asian

Postby Whoblehwah » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:19 am

I still don't get how Gargano is over-exposed.......
Whoblehwah

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Gargano is not over exposed, he actually needs more exposure because he is a very good wrestler.

As far as me trying to start shit, no I'm not doing it. All I know is that Super Dragon and Excalibur used to work for CZW and now they don't. I have no clue what happened nor am I gonna talk about this on the message board. So please let's drop it.

In America wrestling companies don't bond together and even if they do it usually doesn't last long. Wrestling politics is not something I made up, read some of these books that are written by wrestlers all the information you need is right there and yes politics is killing this business because fans don't get to see what they want as a result.

What makes a good wrestling show is a variety of different matches. My favorite shows are the once that feature a bit of everything, death match, technical, strong style, high flying and yes even comedy. A great wrestling show must have it all not just same matches over and over again. I will let you guys just ponder on this for a second :twisted:
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:29 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Gargano is not over exposed, he actually needs more exposure because he is a very good wrestler.

As far as me trying to start shit, no I'm not doing it. All I know is that Super Dragon and Excalibur used to work for CZW and now they don't. I have no clue what happened nor am I gonna talk about this on the message board. So please let's drop it.

In America wrestling companies don't bond together and even if they do it usually doesn't last long. Wrestling politics is not something I made up, read some of these books that are written by wrestlers all the information you need is right there and yes politics is killing this business because fans don't get to see what they want as a result.

What makes a good wrestling show is a variety of different matches. My favorite shows are the once that feature a bit of everything, death match, technical, strong style, high flying and yes even comedy. A great wrestling show must have it all not just same matches over and over again. I will let you guys just ponder on this for a second :twisted:
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Is this suppose to be Dr Death Steve Williams or Rick Steiner with a beard? lol
krayzie Bone

Postby jboyaquar » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Gargano - Of the non-ROH indies I'm currently watching (Evolve/DG USA/Chikara) Gargano has received a serious push in each. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan but that position of goof-off 'Carrot Top' (DGUSA - Northern Gate...Mochizukiwanted to kick him sooo badly) quirkster is more than capably filled in PWG where spending money for another fly-in wouldn't pay off dividends.

I think the obvious choice, the CZW-ROH wars in 2006, is the perfect example of two companies placed in potentially profitable situations in which 'politics' and small-minded egoists were trashed for quality productions.
As a naive fan, 'Hell Freezes Over' (Hero vs. Danielson) and out of nowhere there's major heat on this Hero dude who has come to represent his company (CZW) that's anti the snobbery and piousness they perceived ROH to stand for. Although CZW were unwise to use transient figures to represent them, it was a good year of shows for the average fan to become emotionally invested in their choice of product.

I agree with Krayzie in what comprises an ideal show (though I'm Not a big deathmatch guy/I'm Not judging their masochism, but that's Not my type of sadism) but I'm still baffled by his self-aggrandizing provocations.
Don't do this -
krayzie Bone
jboyaquar

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Don't do exactly what? I stated a simple fact that PWG never brings anyone from CZW. I'm not provoking anything, it is a fact. I didn't say PWG must bring CZW guys nor did I criticize PWG for not booking CZW talent, all I said is that they don't bring CZW workers, how is that provoking anything?
krayzie Bone

Postby jboyaquar » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:28 pm

If you're going to arouse and thus provoke someone's interest with ''gotta love wrestling politics lol'' then why overdramatize your response with this: "I have no clue what happened nor am I gonna talk about this on the message board. So please let's drop it." Then again, I thought you knew something you did confess to not knowing.

Really, I was curious what happened, if anything, between the two organizations -
jboyaquar

Postby krayzie Bone » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:52 am

Just buy your tickets to CZW and buy your tickets to PWG and enjoy some great wrestling from both promotions, that's about all I can say.
krayzie Bone

Postby redboar » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:33 am

What a bunch of liars. Krayzie, I'm betting there are numerous people on this board that know the story better than you do. They tore up their pictures of Zandig, wrote about it in their diaries and cried themselves to sleep over it. Stop letting them bait you on this.

Seriously, there should be a fund set up for poor indy wrestling fans so they may be brought to a strip club and perhaps become less confused. LOL
redboar

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Oh I know that Red Boar. They are trying to bait me, so that I spill the beans and get banned. I'm way too polished to fall for that shit lol
krayzie Bone

Postby iamawesome » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Ebessan wrote:Good call on Aries/Gatson. Sounds like a money match.

"Aries in PWG" matches I'd love seeing:

- Aries vs. Gatson
- Aries vs. Castagnoli - World Title
- Aries vs. Ricochet - this could be fantastic
- Aries vs. newly sleazy Joey Ryan
- Aries vs. Goodtime
- Aries vs. Ryan Taylor

Since they kept him on the roster page and updated the pic that must mean they've got plans to use him.

I'd like to see Austin Aries in a match with me, wearing booty shorts, in Jell-O
iamawesome

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:56 am

Why has Aries not come back! I want to see his evil ass back in the ring in PWG!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:38 am

I think Aries' most memorable run was like in '06. He had some great matches and I'd love to see him again in PWG. But supposedly Aries is really thinking about retiring and pursuing other things like acting and whatnot. I kinda don't buy it, but I see it happening.

on a side note, I met Aries earlier this month and he is a super nice guy who is very hard working. He's definitely a wrestler's wrestler
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum