Quick question

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Quick question

Postby EnforceTheWorld » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:49 am

So I recently started dating this girl and on Sunday as we were both watching the World Cup final, we made a wager: whoever's team won (hers Holland, mine Spain) would choose what we'd do on the next date. Of course, I won, and of course, I told her I'm going to show her her first wrestling match on DVD. Tomorrow.

Naturally I'm choosing a PWG match to show her, since they are all mostly a rollickin' good time, my question is this:

Which one?

I'm thinking mostly within the past two years or so, since I only started going to shows in January 2008. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

3 way tag match from Life During Wartime
The 6-man tag from ASW7 night 1
El Generico/Kenny Omega from EWC
Dynasty vs. London/Bucks from EWC
Bucks/MCMG from 99 (or 100?)
Young Bucks vs. 2SBG from Threemendous
Roderick/Davey from Threemendous
Bucks vs. Steenerico from BOLA 2009 night 2

Are there any others I should consider choosing from? She definitely doesn't want to see blood, so the Hero/Tornado GW match is out, though I loved it. Maybe in the event that she becomes interested I can bring DDT4 2009 since it has many quality matches as well as being different from each other.

Help a brotha' out!
EnforceTheWorld

Re: Quick question

Postby Madvillian » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:50 pm

I don't know if you have Guerre Sans Frontieres on dvd, but El Generico vs. Shingo Takagi, Brian Kendrick & The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. CIMA & Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley) or Chris Hero vs. "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson would all be good matches to show off to someone new to PWG.
Madvillian

Postby Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:31 am

What I do when I first show someone PWG or any other Kuh-razy independent wrestling show or match?

-First, show the person a good, spotty, and fun match, preferably a fun tag match or six man. In that case, definitely show the 6 man from ASW7 night 1.

-Then, I show 'em a good hard hittin', stiff match. Then you could show 'em Davey/Strong from Threemendous 2.

But if I had to pick out a random match for you, I'd say show her Young Bucks/2 skinny black guys. Or show her something really good with great comedic spots. Regardless of what you pick, hope she likes it, man.
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff

Postby The Celt » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:20 am

Personally I'd consider showing her the "Chris Hero/Human Tornado Saga" on youtube just to prove that wrestling can be intelligent and compelling as well.
The Celt

Postby Colt Banana » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:04 pm

I'd actually stay away from the whole Hero/Tornado stuff, there's a lot of man on woman violence in there that could really turn her off the whole thing straight away. Something athletic and spotty would be a nice choice, maybe 1 of the local multiple man matches? Something else that could work are Danielson's matches from 99 and 100, they're two very funny matches that aren't too intense or long (I'd also avoid anything very long since she won't be used to sitting through the matches) just explain the characters and set up before hand, e.g. Danielson is the best wrestler in the world and Chuck Taylor doesn't stand a chance against him unless he cheats.
Colt Banana

Postby luca brasi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:21 pm

easy answer for me: Dynasty Int'l. vs. London & Young bucks, Express Written Consent.
Last Xmas I busted that match out and showed it to my whole family, they LOVED it. Only a couple were wrestling fans.
Not too long, tells a great story, craazy action, insane bumps, awesome finish!
luca brasi

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:15 pm

pau london & the young bucks vs the dynasty is an awesome choice
So Cal Punk

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum