Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's SEVEN on Friday, July 30, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's SEVEN on Friday, July 30, 2010!

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:42 pm

CMPG wrote:Hello, I am a long time listener, first time caller. Seven will be my first PWG event and I am not sure what to expect outside of awesome wrestling.

I read beer is served and I was wondering if anyone knows the price.
How early are we let into the American Legion? I know the event starts at 8 and I am guessing about 7:15-7:30, they will let us in.
What is allowed to be brought in verses what is not? I read bubble gum was confisgated. Am I allowed to bring a digital camera?
Any good food places nearby where I get satisfy my munchies?
And last but not least, do we park near the doors or somewhere else?

Any reply would be most appreciated and I look forward to hanging out with you all while watching this awesome event.

Beer is cheap, $7 a pitcher.
They will let us in around 7:45... hopefully
No food or outside drinks are allowed. U can bring camera, but no video recording. They will also let u bring merchandise if u wanted it to be signd by a wrestler.
On the main street (reseda ave), there is a jack- n-box like 1 minute away. Also a subway.
The american does have a parking lot, however im pretty sure tomorrow it will be full. First come first serve.
The Franchise13

Postby Pretty Jimmy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Our group of like 8 or so will have ties, and we to will also be getting there around 2 or 3ish. The show is going to be amazing can't wait.
Pretty Jimmy

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Let's hope they open the doors at the right time. Those who went to Threemendous II remember that they didn't open doors until around 8:30 and then started the show at practically nine.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby shettler » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Have a great show, PWG! Looking forward to seeing it on dvd!
shettler

Postby PWG_Silverback » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:02 pm

July 29, 2010 - With interest in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla seemingly at an all-time high heading into tomorrow's seventh anniversary event Seven, we figured it would be best if we changed things up at the last minute. You know, to keep people on their toes. To do this, we asked one half of the Motor City Machine Guns, Alex Shelley, to somehow injure himself at the TNA Wrestling TV tapings scheduled to take place just days before Seven. We didn't care how he did it or what he injured, we just wanted an excuse to make changes to the show! Because Alex Shelley is not only a consummate professional but a top-notch team player as well, he was more than happy to oblige.

In all seriousness, at TNA Wrestling's TV taping this past Tuesday, Alex Shelley suffered a knee injury that will keep him out of action for tomorrow's event. While the severity of the injury is unknown at this time, we hope for the best and wish Alex Shelley a speedy recovery. We're sure we speak for everyone reading this that we eagerly await his return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla.

With the last-minute nature of Alex Shelley's injury, we hope our fans can understand that we have been forced to make a few changes to the line-up (and if not, then that's why it says "Card Subject to Change," jerk). Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Seven is now scheduled to feature:

Six-Person Tag Team Match
Brandon Gatson, Johnny Goodtime, & Candice LeRae vs. "Pretty" Peter Avalon, Malachi "CK" Jackson, & Ryan Taylor

Singles Match
Brandon Bonham vs. Brian Cage

Singles Match
Chris Sabin vs. Akira Tozawa

Bryan Danielson Return Match
"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Three Way Guerrilla Warfare Match
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby BurningHammerMark » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Sucks we are not gonna be able to get MCMG's vs. Peligro Abejas but a three way Guerrila Warfare has potential to be INSANE
BurningHammerMark

Postby El Asian » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:47 pm

as I said in another board, sucks about Alex Shelley but I'm really happy PWG is giving Peter Avalon a shot also Sabin vs. Tozawa should be interesting
El Asian

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:07 pm

Sucks that Shelley got hurt since I was looking forward to the tag match but getting Peter Avalon in the six man is a WIN if you ask me
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm disapointed, of course I feel bad for Shelley's injury but Tozawa vs Sabin is just a huge let down. Tozawa can't wrestle worth of shit and Sabin is one of the best workers in America. That is a terrible replacement in my book. Tozawa is no match for Sabin.

Also I think to make it a three way warfare match is really gonna create problems. First of all its going to be impossible to follow the action cause now too many guys are involved and so its gonna create a giant clusterfuck.

Don't get me wrong I still digg the card its just the original card was perhaps the best PWG card in the past 2 years and now the card is just ok.
krayzie Bone

Postby fatallylost » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:43 pm

CMPG wrote:Hello, I am a long time listener, first time caller. Seven will be my first PWG event and I am not sure what to expect outside of awesome wrestling.

How early are we let into the American Legion? I know the event starts at 8 and I am guessing about 7:15-7:30, they will let us in.
What is allowed to be brought in verses what is not? I read bubble gum was confisgated. Am I allowed to bring a digital camera?

Any reply would be most appreciated and I look forward to hanging out with you all while watching this awesome event.

To be honest, I see them letting us in at 8. It always is 8, or later. I don't see this one being any different.
fatallylost

Postby deadmandevilman » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:56 pm

I don't drink the beer, but as I recall a pitcher is like $8 of your bud/miller variety
Being let in is completely inconsistent. A few shows have been a half hour before bell time. Some shows have been let in a half hour after the bell time.
Digital cam is fine, just no video recording. I have never seen anyone kicked out for video recoding, but everyone's attention is usually in the ring, or adjacent to it. Gum is a legion hall no-no. No outside food from what I can remember Larry saying. I have brough in streamers no problem. You do get padded down on the occasion, so dont bring a gun i guess.
There is a CVS down the road. Adjacent streets have your local fast food fair. I heard Pho 999 is the shit, but I have not tried it personally.
Parking - there is a lot for the legion hall. Or street parking. Or park at the post office across the street. Dont park at the pep boys
deadmandevilman

Postby jdrouskirsh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 pm

here's another little bit of info... Brian Cage recently re-signed with WWE, so this will be a one time only appearance for him...
jdrouskirsh

Postby b2u » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:36 am

In a way, it might work out down the line and have the Bucks and the Cutlers headline a show inside a cage to really end it all. But Peligro Abejas need a lengthy reign and at least five to six defenses before considering dropping the belts. It sucks because I thought the Cutlers would finally get the big win to launch them to the next level but I guess not tongiht. Unless you make it a 3 way elimination and have the Cutlers defeat the Bucks in the first fall and then the Cutlers lose in the second fall only to setup a legit title match down the line. I'd book the match that way.
b2u

Postby b2u » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:38 am

Damn, I just realized they could have booked Gatson vs. Sabin. Now that's a show stealer right there.
b2u

Postby BillJames » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:11 am

wow a Three Way Guerrilla Warfare Match tah match sucks he got hurt but you guys know who to make it up i wish i cloud be there
but i live in MI BUT I WILL BE GETTING THIS ON DVD
BillJames

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:02 am

leaving for the airport. see you mofos later.
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:18 am

Pretty Peter! clap clap clap clap clap Pretty Peter! clap clap clap clap clap
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby The Franchise13 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:45 pm

It is 4:45pm, and im outside the legion hall and its freaking hot. 21 people waiting outside. Brandon Bonham has already showed up.
The Franchise13

Postby The Franchise13 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:11 pm

Correction : Brandon Gatson
The Franchise13

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:53 pm

They got a grill running selling hot dogs and nachos next to the line and legion Larry is such an asshole making people get out of line if they decide to eat while waiting.

On a sidenote, is Joey Ryan booked elsewhere tonight?
BayAreaPWGFan

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum