As The Worm Turns vs. Epic Encounter III

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

As The Worm Turns vs. Epic Encounter III

Postby Matt Flash » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:23 pm

Is there anyone else that was wildly let down by the EEIII match after all the hype it got? There were only a few times that I really felt the vibe they were going for, with the great Fighting Spirit stretch in the middle-ish, and the Croyt's Wrath INTO THE CORNER (Which got miffed a little, but it was still pretty awesome) being the two that stick out the most. Overall, though, I'd put it very very far behind their ATWT World Title Match. Hell, I think I liked their Clash Of Contenders match more than EEIII. Am I the only one? ATWT just had everything they were going for at EEIII, with a hotter crowd, more fluid transitions and such, really everything.

I say all that just to get my point across, though, as I did definitely like EEIII. I don't think it's possible for these two to have a BAD match against each other. I just think I got bit by the hype bug a little too much for their most recent ROH match.
Matt Flash

Re: As The Worm Turns vs. Epic Encounter III

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:06 pm

I thought both matches were amazing I thought the ATWT was only little bit better then EE3
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby BurningHammerMark » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:22 pm

I like the ATWT match a little more but the EEIII is the ROH MOTY thus far IMO and both matches are well above four stars.
BurningHammerMark

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:02 pm

BurningHammerMark wrote:I like the ATWT match a little more but the EEIII is the ROH MOTY thus far IMO and both matches are well above four stars.

ya I'd give them both ****1/2
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby Matt Flash » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:11 pm

I'd give ATWT ****1/2 but EEIII I was thinking ****, tops, maybe even ***3/4. Huh... I wonder what the hell it is that I'm missing about it.
Matt Flash

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:34 am

I guess you never got into the match I was at the edge of my seat during the match and I thought it was better then their COC match I really liked the spots
brandenalmostthesmark

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum