Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Presents DIO! on Friday, June 11!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Presents DIO! on Friday, June 11!

Postby The Franchise13 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:57 pm

*The Guy did spit on Max, but he only did it because Max poured water on him first. When Max got spit on, he followed him and poured more water on him. Im pretty sure the reason why he didnt get kicked out was because Max started first by pouring water on him. I was surprised to see the Bucks were nowhere to be seen after the show. Im pretty sure Max was pretty mad because of the whole ordeal that he decided they both should leave before the night ended.
The Franchise13

Postby fatallylost » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:32 am

The Franchise13 wrote:*The Guy did spit on Max, but he only did it because Max poured water on him first. When Max got spit on, he followed him and poured more water on him. Im pretty sure the reason why he didnt get kicked out was because Max started first by pouring water on him. I was surprised to see the Bucks were nowhere to be seen after the show. Im pretty sure Max was pretty mad because of the whole ordeal that he decided they both should leave before the night ended.

I wouldn't be surprised not to see him. Of all the shows I've been to, I've never seen either of them after the show. Malachi, yes, Max and Jeremy, no.
fatallylost

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Yeah I only seen them after wrestleunion
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:55 pm

It's funny how, almost every show with Chris Hero, he's always around. Excalibur is hit and miss if you're not looking sometimes.

This was the first time I saw Candice come out, luckily I was sitting right there, so I noticed.

There aren't many left for me to get pix with.

Jon Ian
Max Buck
Jeremy Buck
LTP (now there's a real good idea for a pic, no?)
Goodtime (everytime I see him, he's talking to people, so I'm not going to bother him)
Strong
Richards
Generico
Steen (if only)
Gatson
Tornado (if he ever shows up/comes back)
fatallylost

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:05 am

Well let me share some of my views of a recent show "Dio" Strong undercard but a very mediocre main event, too short and not a whole lot of action.

It seems like the fans are drinking more and more beer, thus of course the intoxication level is thru the roof, to me thats always a minus when it comes to the over all experience of the show.

and Jesus why so many Chris Hero haters? One of the best wrestlers on the planet is being booed by almost half of the fans, shows how much they know about wrestling LOL
krayzie Bone

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:30 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Well let me share some of my views of a recent show "Dio" Strong undercard but a very mediocre main event, too short and not a whole lot of action.

It seems like the fans are drinking more and more beer, thus of course the intoxication level is thru the roof, to me thats always a minus when it comes to the over all experience of the show.

and Jesus why so many Chris Hero haters? One of the best wrestlers on the planet is being booed by almost half of the fans, shows how much they know about wrestling LOL

As someone who booed off Hero, its not so much that we don't great wrestling when we see it, it's just that we're tired of seeing the same Chris Hero match over and over again. It's always the same technical/Lucha style he uses and almost always ends it with an elbow (It's why all of the guys sitting next to me gave him shit when he said that he doesn't need elbows to win when he just used it). He needs to change it up a bit so its more entertaining like I know he can make it. The last PWG Hero match I really loved was his Danielson match last September because he changed his style from just strikes to the style he's using now. I think he should start using more power moves because it suits his body style.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby jacob_burman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Meltman wrote:Thanks man.

Agree with you on the yearly show amount/time between shows. Looking back only like 3 years, they had almost twice as many shows per year.

It's really annoying waiting for cards, yet somehow even more annoying when you do read the card, then realize the show is still 3 weeks away and there's nothing left to update about. They really should adapt a flow of announcing a card piece by piece. Other promotions constantly do that and they advertise multiple shows at once.

VERY true. Might be me, but by the time this thing actually happened, I lost interest a week and a half before, especially with the people not really talking about the show. Just seemed really off. 18 shows a month would be extremely nice, but probably the cost and all that wasn't worth it.
jacob_burman

Postby Phoenixsplash » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:13 pm

As someone who booed off Hero, its not so much that we don't great wrestling when we see it, it's just that we're tired of seeing the same Chris Hero match over and over again. It's always the same technical/Lucha style he uses and almost always ends it with an elbow (It's why all of the guys sitting next to me gave him shit when he said that he doesn't need elbows to win when he just used it). He needs to change it up a bit so its more entertaining like I know he can make it. The last PWG Hero match I really loved was his Danielson match last September because he changed his style from just strikes to the style he's using now. I think he should start using more power moves because it suits his body style.

Hero's matches are hardly always the same. Sure you'll see some of the same moves, but it is like that with anyone who's ever wrestled, ever. For using the same style, well, it's his style. And you can't really insult Hero for using the same style over and over, because he changes his style so much. Not to mention that he blends all the styles into one. Even Danielson sticks to his style for most all of his matches.

As for using the elbow to finish most matches, it's his finisher. So naturally, it makes sense, Even as the Young Knockout Kid he's never been all strikes either, he's always been mixing in little bits of everything.
Phoenixsplash

Postby Meltman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:46 pm

Hero hasn't had a match that was similar to the one before it since Against the Grain. In fact he's one of the most versatile guys any promotion could have.
Meltman

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Yes I agree Hero is very versitile wrestler, I have seen Chris Hero in IWA, CZW, ROH, Chikara and now PWG and I never saw one bad Chris Hero match. His match in IWA against CM Punk, 90 minute iron man match, was an absolute classic, everyone who loves wrestling must see that match, he had another match with CM Punk in IWA, it was a TLC match and it was a classic as well. Hero can literally do it all, high flying, technical, strong style, Lucha you name it. His last two matches in PWG were againt less experienced competators, so he was basically schooling them with chops and elbows, I talked to Brandon B after his match with Hero and he told me it was literally a survival match, this is what the young wrestlers must learn when they come to strong style promotion such as PWG.

Believe it or not Hero is also a great brawler, he had tramendous brawls with Eddie Kingston, Necro Butcher, Ian Rotten and other brawlers, but for some reason a lot of PWG fans don't want to see those kind of matches.
krayzie Bone

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:21 am

Personally, I think Hero is alright.
My only hang up with him is his whole "Im my OWN favorite wreslter" persona.
I also think that styles make matches and Hero has a particular style that at times can be "Boring."Boring may not be the best word, but its something a long those lines. I mean come on, Heros matches do have a tendency to "Drag" on a bit.

I do agree with however said that he needs to use more POWER MOVES.
Chris Hero is a big dude in the ring when compared to the other wrestlers.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:17 am

Chris Hero is not really a power wrestler, surely he can throw some vicious powerbombs but thats not really his thing. Hero is mostly a strong style/technical wrestler. I don't see how technical wrestling is boring? Hero's recent matches were definately more strong style which is awesome in my book, but this is what PWG is all about thou, even Excalibur mentioned one time that PWG was influenced by Noah, Hero fits right in.
krayzie Bone

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:50 am

krayzie Bone wrote:Chris Hero is not really a power wrestler, surely he can throw some vicious powerbombs but thats not really his thing. Hero is mostly a strong style/technical wrestler. I don't see how technical wrestling is boring? Hero's recent matches were definately more strong style which is awesome in my book, but this is what PWG is all about thou, even Excalibur mentioned one time that PWG was influenced by Noah, Hero fits right in.

I don't think that technical wrestling is boring. In fact, it's my second favorite style behind strong style. It's why I like guys like Danielson, Shelley, Malenko, etc. Now I'm not saying that Hero needs to change up his style completely, I just think it would freshen up his matches if he did a few more power moves or adapted other strikes other than elbows or yakuza kicks.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 pm

As a clarification of the spitting incident, it went like this:

Dude walks under the Buck in question, yelling, and then starts slamming his hand on the mat and getting really, like dangerously, close
Max pours like one drop of water on him; barely any, I think he was joking
The dude gets super angry, spits on him, a big ass blob
Max gets rightly upset, and pours it all on him.

That guy should've got punched in the mouth.

Also, Chris Hero haters are just jealous.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby fatallylost » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:34 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:Also, Chris Hero haters are just jealous.

They don't respect the cravat.
fatallylost

Postby Tarfoo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 pm

Now here's an idea for the DVD cover of this show: have everyone on it do the devil horn salute. I mean, c'mon, it's DIO!
Tarfoo

Postby sourdoughjack » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:34 am

Weird attitude coming from some of the Chris Hero supporters around here. From the ROH matches I've seen him in, he's great but I hate him in PWG. So what if he's your favorite wrestler and you think he's the best in the world? Isn't it great when the crowd is split between both sides, trying to drown each other out and it feels like the crowd is part of an epic struggle between two wrestlers? I think it's a great thing that people boo Chris Hero and it's a great thing that people cheer him. That just means you bought your ticket to see him win and I bought my ticket to see him lose and I wouldn't want the crowd to be 100% either way.
sourdoughjack

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:23 pm

I used to watch wrestling to see certain wrestlers win and certain wrestlers loose, but that was when I was 7 years old. LOL

When I grew up I began to appreciate wrestling for its atheleticism and skill, I don't care if a specific wrestler looses or wins, I just want to see a great match regardless of the outcome. Because I hope we all know how the outcome of the match is determined, at least I hope we all do. But then again I met some fans in their 20's who still don't if you catch my drift LOL.

To be honest with you I always hated this half and half split between the fans. This shit started in TNA and then got carried over to ROH and now to just about every promotion in America, to me that shit is retarded.
krayzie Bone

Postby jacob_burman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:41 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:To be honest with you I always hated this half and half split between the fans. This shit started in TNA and then got carried over to ROH and now to just about every promotion in America, to me that shit is retarded.

Didn't that start with WWE because of Cena? lol. Hell, maybe even with Bret Hart and Austin?
jacob_burman

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:10 pm

I don't think it started in WWE. But who knows may be it did. First time I heard that chant was on TNA thou, along with "this is awesome" another gay ass TNA chant that got really popular.
krayzie Bone

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum