Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Presents DIO! on Friday, June 11!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Presents DIO! on Friday, June 11!

Postby jacob_burman » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:15 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:On going live results can be found at http://twitter.com/cagesideseats

Results so far:

LTP and Johnny Goodtime defeat Los Luchas after a Goodtime hit a fisherman buster on Phoenix Star.

Brandon Bonham over Ryan Taylor: "...with essentially one and a half Canadian Destroyers (one muffed, one for real). Match was decent enough but the crowd ate it up".

Akira Tozawa beat Scott Lost: "Great fun match."

The Cutler Brothers/Joey Ryan defeated The Young Bucks/Malachi Jackson: "Awesome match. Lots of fun, good story with the Bucks bullying Malachi around. Joey looks great. Cutlers/Ryan win w/spike tombstone. Seriously, that match ruled. Bucks kill faces after the match with superkicks. Malachi walks out"

Thanks for the results so far. I called it right so far. Knew Malachi was going to come out with something of the Celtics. That whole family HATES the Lakers lol.
jacob_burman

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:27 pm

The rest of the results:

Candice LeRae defeats Christina Von Eerie: "Candice wins with a moonsault after a, I believe what she yelled was, "twatplex". Match was okay. Some hijinks with a ringside fan."

Chris Hero beat Brandon Gatson
: "Hero wins with an elbow. Nearly identical in structure to the Hero/Bonham match but Bonham is much better than Gatson. Nice finish. Hero vows not to come back to PWG until he gets a title shot"

TigerDriver98

Postby El Asian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:32 pm

also, the 7 Anniversary show will be on July 30
El Asian

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:08 am

I had a ball tonight, got my Candice Le Rae pic (3, 1 was dark). Finally got my Christina Von Eerie pic. Bought one of her shirts and she gave me a hug....I told her she was hot in her ear while my girl was behind me hehe She just said "oh" lol

Got another hero pic, but with my hero shirt on. He keeps flirting with my girl. I'm kick his ass one day lol j.k

Spanky said he was going to give me a pic but he never came back out. Lying ass pot head lol

Was going to get a scott lost shirt but he still didn't have xl...wtf
Souf Centrol

Postby jacob_burman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:25 am

Was the show packed? And damnit, they going to keep it on Friday next month. LAME! The traffic in LA is just too much to handle on a Friday night. Got to leave by 3 or 4 to make sure I get there by 7:30 =/
jacob_burman

Postby ozmania » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:14 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:Joey looks great."

I heard he changed his look. Anybody have pictures?
ozmania

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:38 am

ozmania wrote:
TigerDriver98 wrote:Joey looks great."

I heard he changed his look. Anybody have pictures?

He kinda reverted back to his "technical wizard" look he had going on in late 04-05 before he won the title.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:48 am

Really fun show and did anybody notice that guy get kicked out by Larry after the bucks poured water on him
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:14 pm

brandenalmostthesmark wrote:Really fun show and did anybody notice that guy get kicked out by Larry after the bucks poured water on him

He was back at the bar 30 seconds later.
abouttreefitty350

Postby fatallylost » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:41 pm

abouttreefitty350 wrote:
brandenalmostthesmark wrote:Really fun show and did anybody notice that guy get kicked out by Larry after the bucks poured water on him

He was back at the bar 30 seconds later.

Yeah, I was over by the merch area. Larry walked him to the door, then he came back to the bar.
fatallylost

Postby luca brasi » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:33 pm

they actually let him stay when he said all he was doing was defending the honor of the lakers
luca brasi

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:52 pm

He couldn't have been defending their honor when the moment was over. He was coming from the bathroom(I think) and banged on the matt and said Fuck the celtics. Max poured water on him, then from where I wad sitting it looked like he spat on max. Then max poured the rest of the bottle on him.

Larry probably only acted like he was throwing him out for the camera
Souf Centrol

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:He couldn't have been defending their honor when the moment was over. He was coming from the bathroom(I think) and banged on the matt and said Fuck the celtics. Max poured water on him, then from where I wad sitting it looked like he spat on max. Then max poured the rest of the bottle on him.

Larry probably only acted like he was throwing him out for the camera

Nah he didn't spit on him but it looked like max got pissed that was funny but I thought he got kicked out good thing he didn't. The funniest part of the night was during the womens match how that guy in the front row got embarrassed during the chants lol He's got wood
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Well its good to know he didn't spit on him. But why did Max get upset and pour the rest of the bottle on him.

The thing I liked was when those 2 assholes tried to get "smack that bitch" chants started but got "shut the Fuck up" instead lol then the one with the ty dy(?) shirt got called dude love
Souf Centrol

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Well its good to know he didn't spit on him. But why did Max get upset and pour the rest of the bottle on him.

The thing I liked was when those 2 assholes tried to get "smack that bitch" chants started but got "shut the Fuck up" instead lol then the one with the ty dy(?) shirt got called dude love

well I think he got mad because he started pounding on the mat right next to him during the match but he might have just been playing the heel role and that guy was so annoying lol
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby fatallylost » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Actually, the dude did spit on Max, just to clear that up. I had a clear shot of the lugie, or whatever he spat at him.
fatallylost

Postby Meltman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 am

With all these live fans I was hoping for a review instead of all this spit-talk.
Meltman

Postby Detroitboi » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:40 am

jacob_burman wrote:Was the show packed? And damnit, they going to keep it on Friday next month. LAME! The traffic in LA is just too much to handle on a Friday night. Got to leave by 3 or 4 to make sure I get there by 7:30 =/

Likewise, I'm 2 hours away. I left at 4 PM and Didn't get there until 7:10 due to the 5 O'Clock Friday Traffic. I'm glad I estimated this before hand.
Detroitboi

Postby b2u » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Meltman wrote:With all these live fans I was hoping for a review instead of all this spit-talk.

Los Luchas/LTP and Goodtime- **1/2, a little slow and sloppy at points. LTP can't slap or chop for shit. Luchas working as heels doesn't work.
Bonham/Taylor-**3/4, Good beginning, slow middle, Taylor really has boring offense in the middle of his matches, cool ending.
Tozawa/Lost-***1/4, Never slowed down from the kick start at the bell. Tozawa is entertaining as hell. Even though he messed up the spring broad headbutt spot, he still covered well and still made it funny.
Six Man Tag-***3/4, Crazy match heat. Malachi came out in a home made celtics jersey, a "Let's Go Celtics" chant started which confused me and about 1/3 of the audience. The response to that chant was obviously "FUCK THE CELTICS!". And of course Malachi wore it start the match and then Nick wore it for the remainder or until it was ripped off. Joey doesn't look chubby no more. He actually has a decent enough six pack now. Wasn't sleazy at all either. I guess it's like when Danieson changed from bearded Jedi to "Best in the World" Dragon. The post match beat down sets up the main event money match down the line. I'm guessing at the Anniversary Show it will be Tag Team Guerrilla Warfare or Steel Cage Tag Team Guerrilla Warfare, either way 49 days in between shows is whack, but that's me.
Intermission (Fuckin' Taco truck is denk)
Von Eerie/Candice-**1/2, better than their match in September, now they might as well team up and face dudes like DeathHaze, it's like the new wrestling fad of today. Next thing you know TNA will have a Three Way Intergender Triple Jeopardy Steel Cage Weapons on a Pole Ladder Match between Ric Flair, Orlando Jordan and Lacey Von Erich
Gatson/Hero-***1/2, Gatson held his own, but Hero's only elbow of the night ended it. Man, people really hate Hero, like seriously hate him. WTF ppl, it's a live stage show? That's like going up to Alan RIckman and going "Fuck you Snape!"
Tag Ttitles-***1/2,Pretty good for what it was. All four were very entertaining. Steen's promo was awesome as usual. They could have tried to put on a MOTYC but I guess the weren't going for that, but I do know that they are very capable of doing so.

Overalll fun show. Drunk crowd heat all night as usual, thus it will come off nice on DVD. Way better than last year's June show. But damn, it sucks that there's probably only going to be 11 PWG shows this year, down from last year's 12, 2008's 18, etc, They could easily do a show on July 2 and setup the Anniversary on July 30, but that's just me.
b2u

Postby Meltman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks man.

Agree with you on the yearly show amount/time between shows. Looking back only like 3 years, they had almost twice as many shows per year.

It's really annoying waiting for cards, yet somehow even more annoying when you do read the card, then realize the show is still 3 weeks away and there's nothing left to update about. They really should adapt a flow of announcing a card piece by piece. Other promotions constantly do that and they advertise multiple shows at once.
Meltman

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum